Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It looks like 2K Sports has picked up Jon Smith, AKA JaoSming, to work on the NBA 2K series.

Most of you know him for his PC modding work on the series... Sometimes here, but mostly over at NLSC. For those unfamiliar with his work, check out his YouTube channel.

Let's wish him the best of luck.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hassan Darkside @ 09/19/14 07:30 PM
Congrats Jao. PC gaming OG and underrated community member that did a lot with all the basketball titles.

# 42 midwestking100 @ 09/19/14 07:30 PM
Congrats. Well deserved. 2k is really putting together an awesome team here and with this addition 2k16 is going to be crazy scary good. On another note I pray 2k will sign some more people from NLSC in particular NLSC's art team (modders). Those guys definitely deserve all the recognition they can get and rewards for their hard work. I can really see their passion when they create NBA courts (Past/Present) for PC 2k.

# 43 Matty Aqua @ 09/19/14 08:47 PM
Beginning to sound like a 2k dream team!

# 44 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/19/14 09:23 PM
Big boss Steve better be getting some referral money from all these signings.

OS New Motto:

"The official breeding grounds for the NBA 2K development team."

I can see their commercials now in my head that would run during the day in between Maury and Jerry Springer.

"Before joining OS, I was limited to posting about lack of hairstyles for Myplayer over at IGN. I then decided to change my life and join the forums over at Operation Sports. In a few shorts weeks I went from making threads like "5 fades 2K15 needs" to now having a full time job over at NBA 2K sitting in a studio scanning guy's hair into the game. Thanks OS!!"

# 45 Matty Aqua @ 09/19/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Big boss Steve better be getting some referral money from all these signings.

OS New Motto:

"The official breeding grounds for the NBA 2K development team."

I can see their commercials now in my head that would run during the day in between Maury and Jerry Springer.

"Before joining OS, I was limited to posting about lack of hairstyles for Myplayer over at IGN. I then decided to change my life and join the forums over at Operation Sports. In a few shorts weeks I went from making threads like "5 fades 2K15 needs" to now having a full time job over at NBA 2K sitting in a studio scanning guy's hair into the game. Thanks OS!!"

^^ I hope that's sarcasm!

All the people 2k have brought in were well known in the community for there hard work and passion!

# 46 midwestking100 @ 09/19/14 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Larry
I'm hoping this means we'll have the ability to mod the console versions at some point. Hopefully on this years version.
If not this year, most definitely next year. I really pray for this idea to be integrate into the console versions as well.

# 47 23 @ 09/19/14 11:51 PM

That's the kind of stuff im waiting on for next Gen pc

# 48 VDusen04 @ 09/19/14 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Blue Edwards citing. And he is violating the code of the lane.

# 49 23 @ 09/19/14 11:57 PM
Yes sir!!!!

# 50 midwestking100 @ 09/20/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I really wish this was for consoles also! #WishfulThinking

# 51 23 @ 09/20/14 12:06 AM
It's so much fun man. So many players and old stadiums it's insane.

# 52 TarHeelPhenom @ 09/20/14 01:29 AM
In an effort to kill time until 2k15 PC drops, I'm going to play the 1986 season with Nique and the Hawks.

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 09/20/14 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
2K is doing a great job of hiring the dedicated fan base. EA Sports should take note.
Actually, didn't EA try to hire one of the community guys?

# 54 lakers24 @ 09/20/14 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It's so much fun man. So many players and old stadiums it's insane.
So much this. I love trying to run Showtime with Magic and playing against all those great 80's squads.
One thing I hope we figure is getting better shorts. For w.e reason they just seem to high most of the time, especially for mid-late 90's teams.

# 55 nhfvnx @ 09/20/14 04:14 AM
A full cycle with all this OS talent on board is going to be ridiculous.

# 56 fearwhatnow @ 09/20/14 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
2K is doing a great job of hiring the dedicated fan base. EA Sports should take note.
EA have chosen the online microtransactions way in most of their titles and pc users are ignored for nearly a decade by this company. NLSC was primarily a NBA Live fan/modding site but 2k showed that respects pc gamers. They have also never tried to make the pc game unaccessible to modding.
The continuous hiring of pc modders will prove beneficial to all versions of the NBA2k game in the future. I do hope EA Sports takes note but as a pc modder myself I would refuse to collaborate with EA Sports mainly because I find their behaviour to pc owners and consumers unethical.

# 57 CujoMatty @ 09/20/14 05:32 AM
I for one think this is terrible news
first Leftos was gone last year which really screwed me up on the audio side of my raptors mod. Now Jao (hangs head)
Im not smart enough to figure this stuff out on my own. lol

In all seriousness ive had a relatively short modding "career" on NLSC but it wouldnt have existed at all with out help from all of Jao's tutorials and mods.

congratulations! and your passion for basketball video games is so evident in all you do. good luck and I look forward to seeing what good things you have in store for us.

# 58 Cabish @ 09/20/14 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Or maybe they are suring up the team in preparation of loosing some members that will be working on the NFL 2K football comeback....hmmmm
Exactly what I started thinking

# 59 Goffs @ 09/20/14 06:53 AM
23 is your F12 not working? I'm assuming you are using steam...

Welcome back Hornets!

# 60 Junior Moe @ 09/20/14 08:45 AM
As a conslole gamer I am not all that familiar with these guys. Though I have seen some of their excellent work via Youtube. Anyway, I found the NLSC Podcast: Episode 29 over at the NLSC site. It's from May of 2013, but it features Leftos, Arcane, JaoSming, Pdub, Qballer and Da_Czar as a special gues. Good stuff indeed...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.