Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

IRB Gamer has posted their hands-on impressions of NBA Live 15. Other than mentioning a new free throw mechanic and Game Face not being included, there isn't much else here.

There is no mention of an early demo, which looked like a possibility from an article back in July. NBA Live 15 is scheduled to arrive for EA Access subscribers five days before release, which would give users six hours of gameplay, starting on October 23rd. If there is no demo, PlayStation 4 users will have no way of trying the game out, prior to purchase.

Feel free to give it a read and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 da ThRONe @ 09/20/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhova
I mean I think live was gaining some type momentum it was slow but it was still gaining with the screenshots and the trailer I felt like if they were about to open up about the game...then BAM! delayed but instead of showing your fan base you have everything handled you start doing shady things again. A blog about sneakers really? Honestly that should have been the first thing they showed, so we really don't know much detail about the game and you wanna show sneakers? Then you have this suspect hands-on from a site nobody knows of that didn't tell us anything but no face scan and new free throw mechanics. Listen I'm not even a live fan but as a diehard basketball fan I wanna see what the game has to offer but I'm tired of the excuses and the smoke and mirrors that EA does and honestly it scares me because I really feel like they are hiding something I could be wrong in all this but EA is gonna have to prove that to me because their past track record won't allow me to give them a pass this time and this they didn't have a lot of time excuse is not going to work for this game not after all the content and modes 2K is putting in their game. Sorry for the rant had to get that off my chest or say it with my chest lol but it is time for EA to show and prove

I don't think anybody is wrong for this perception of Live 15 and EA has no one to blame for this kind of preconceived doubt, but themselves.

What I'm about to say isn't an excuse, but a potential reason for the lack of info. I think EA understands that Live can't continue to sell poorly for too many more releases. So they are trying to micromanage everything to prevent the nitpicking until people can get their hands on the game because that's where they feel Live 15 is the strongest.

What they have touted this whole time is that graphically it'll look much better and gameplay wise it'll play much better. So their plan seems to be show us all the "pretty stuff" than hold out until they can get the game in peoples hands. We can all agree in todays' gaming world this isn't the standard approach anymore. That combine with the company's recent history of a lack of info for games that have lead to either cancelled titles or inferior products in the last few years shouldn't inspire hope.

For me my plans has always been that I'll be able to get my hands on the game before a purchase would be necessary. So if the Live team just thinks their time is better spent working on the game as opposed keeping people informed. I have no problem waiting for the "test run" even at the expense of weekly updates. Again they can only hide so long, and it's a double edge sword. Sure the lack of info prevent any real critique of the game, but it also doesn't allow EA to market the game properly.

# 42 ccoaxum @ 09/20/14 01:50 PM
yeah, i don't see the point of complaining when they going to allow you to play the game before you buy it, last time i check the other game is not offering that. yes don't different circumstances but when it come to sports games its getting to the point or maybe past the point of buying a new sports game every year for it not to have enough changes in the game compared to the last years games, so basically we just paying for upgrade roster..with that being said being able to play a sports game before i pay 60 dollars for it, is a plus in my mind and i can careless about information about a game if i know i can get my hands on the game before i decide to buy it. Everyone going to have their own opinion so reading articles or listening to videos of ppl opinion a game is pointless because i know my thoughts may be different when i play the game myself, im going to like something that the other person may not like.

# 43 Maxbeatzz @ 09/20/14 01:52 PM
What is game face?

# 44 ccoaxum @ 09/20/14 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbeatzz
What is game face?
is when you can use your actual picture of yourself to generate a game character in EA games that allow you to do so

# 45 kevhova @ 09/20/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
yeah, i don't see the point of complaining when they going to allow you to play the game before you buy it, last time i check the other game is not offering that. yes don't different circumstances but when it come to sports games its getting to the point or maybe past the point of buying a new sports game every year for it not to have enough changes in the game compared to the last years games, so basically we just paying for upgrade roster..with that being said being able to play a sports game before i pay 60 dollars for it, is a plus in my mind and i can careless about information about a game if i know i can get my hands on the game before i decide to buy it. Everyone going to have their own opinion so reading articles or listening to videos of ppl opinion a game is pointless because i know my thoughts may be different when i play the game myself, im going to like something that the other person may not like.
When are we getting this demo exactly? Haven't heard anything about that after the delay and they just had a hands-on where it was mentioned we can get the 5 days earlier on the X1 I would think the demo would be mentioned if we were able to play it before the game is released

# 46 ccoaxum @ 09/20/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhova
When are we getting this demo exactly? Haven't heard anything about that after the delay and they just had a hands-on where it was mentioned we can get the 5 days earlier on the X1 I would think the demo would be mentioned if we were able to play it before the game is released
5 days early is allowing you play it before the game comes out, but Sean mentioned the demo the same day the game was delayed, but he didn't mention the exact date for it. I have xb1 n ps4 so either way I'm going to play it before it comes out

# 47 The 24th Letter @ 09/20/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I don't think anybody is wrong for this perception of Live 15 and EA has no one to blame for this kind of preconceived doubt, but themselves.

What I'm about to say isn't an excuse, but a potential reason for the lack of info. I think EA understands that Live can't continue to sell poorly for too many more releases. So they are trying to micromanage everything to prevent the nitpicking until people can get their hands on the game because that's where they feel Live 15 is the strongest.

What they have touted this whole time is that graphically it'll look much better and gameplay wise it'll play much better. So their plan seems to be show us all the "pretty stuff" than hold out until they can get the game in peoples hands. We can all agree in todays' gaming world this isn't the standard approach anymore. That combine with the company's recent history of a lack of info for games that have lead to either cancelled titles or inferior products in the last few years shouldn't inspire hope.

For me my plans has always been that I'll be able to get my hands on the game before a purchase would be necessary. So if the Live team just thinks their time is better spent working on the game as opposed keeping people informed. I have no problem waiting for the "test run" even at the expense of weekly updates. Again they can only hide so long, and it's a double edge sword. Sure the lack of info prevent any real critique of the game, but it also doesn't allow EA to market the game properly.

They are updating weekly though....just skirting around what most people want to see it seems...

Either way man, like I said before...this is a professional company putting out a game....I doubt they have to shut down a day of development to put some footage out...Just using 2k as an example...when we get official gameplay footage it isn't Rob Jones playing Mike Wang...it's the community guys...there are separate areas for these things...

I'm cool with waiting for the demo like I've maintained...hopefully we actually get one...hard to understand this as the reason they aren't putting anything out though...

# 48 da ThRONe @ 09/20/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They are updating weekly though....just skirting around what most people want to see it seems...

Either way man, like I said before...this is a professional company putting out a game....I doubt they have to shut down a day of development to put some footage out...Just using 2k as an example...when we get official gameplay footage it isn't Rob Jones playing Mike Wang...it's the community guys...there are separate areas for these things...

I'm cool with waiting for the demo like I've maintained...hopefully we actually get one...hard to understand this as the reason they aren't putting anything out though...
Yeah it's just a theory on my part. I have never developed a video game and I don't know anyone personally that has. I could just as easily be way off base and Live 15 release is a disaster waiting to happen.

Also I have no idea why Live would proceed what a similar marketing approach that has yeilded so much fail recently. I'm like the majority of the people here that believe if the game is indeed significantly better the best course of action is to show it early and often.

# 49 vtcrb @ 09/20/14 06:37 PM
I think we will see Alot More Info AFTER the release of 2k15. I mean honestly to me that is a smart move. As 2k has saturated the market right now and Whateve Live puts out right now will be compared to what 2k has and they aren't at that Stage right now. With that being said I am a Firm believer NBA Live15 will be a Solid Game and something for EA to build on for the future.

# 50 King_B_Mack @ 09/20/14 08:37 PM
Do we realize how sad that is and sounds? A month ago people were in here talking about Live trying to go blow for blow with 2K releasing info because they were ready to compete with them based on the improved graphics we saw in the screens. Now 2K released news so big that Live has to tuck it's tail in response and WAIT for 2K to get done promoting their game to promote theirs? That's ****ing ridiculous man. This isn't boxing man. The rope-a-dope isn't in effect here. EA Sports is a huge company man, that's not even mom and pop shop business practices to do something like that.

# 51 swac07 @ 09/20/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Do we realize how sad that is and sounds? A month ago people were in here talking about Live trying to go blow for blow with 2K releasing info because they were ready to compete with them based on the improved graphics we saw in the screens. Now 2K released news so big that Live has to tuck it's tail in response and WAIT for 2K to get done promoting their game to promote theirs? That's ****ing ridiculous man. This isn't boxing man. The rope-a-dope isn't in effect here. EA Sports is a huge company man, that's not even mom and pop shop business practices to do something like that.
Exactly............

# 52 vtcrb @ 09/20/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
You have to pick Your Battles. NBA Live is NOT that BIG in the WHOLE landscape of EA Sports Gaming. 2k is the SOLE sports Gaming Focus for 2k Sports. They dont have to worry about NHL, Madden, Fifa, etc. So i am sure they have a Marketing strategy designed to make sure EACH game gets it time in the Spotlight as far a Advertising and Releasing Game info.

Now if they release info now, all we will hear is guys complaining that 2k has this and that and Live Doesnt, etc. So WHY not wait Until 2k has released and then Give your Details. We KNOW that EA doesnt have Editing Options and THAT will be #1 Complaint.

Now of course i would LOVE to hear More NBA Live details, but i am willing to wait. I mean we have been waiting for a couple years, so we can wait a little Longer. I think it will be worth the wait, hopefully.

# 53 King_B_Mack @ 09/20/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You have to pick Your Battles. NBA Live is NOT that BIG in the WHOLE landscape of EA Sports Gaming. 2k is the SOLE sports Gaming Focus for 2k Sports. They dont have to worry about NHL, Madden, Fifa, etc. So i am sure they have a Marketing strategy designed to make sure EACH game gets it time in the Spotlight as far a Advertising and Releasing Game info.

Now if they release info now, all we will hear is guys complaining that 2k has this and that and Live Doesnt, etc. So WHY not wait Until 2k has released and then Give your Details. We KNOW that EA doesnt have Editing Options and THAT will be #1 Complaint.

Now of course i would LOVE to hear More NBA Live details, but i am willing to wait. I mean we have been waiting for a couple years, so we can wait a little Longer. I think it will be worth the wait, hopefully.
Uhhh....cause the general public typically doesn't buy two of the same sports game. When 2K is done "promoting" their game will be around November or so. Since they'll still be running commercials for the game I'm sure. Even if we didn't go with that date, let's say they'll be done promoting October 7th. Their game will be on store shelves at that point and all the promoting and hyping will allow people to immediately go buy their game while Live is sitting around showing screens of baseline paint waiting for 2K to get out of their way to snatch sports gamers 21 days after they blew their October game budget on Borderlands, Alien, Driveclub, 2K, Super Smash Bros. and then of course waiting for that 4 days AFTER Live comes out to pick up Call of Duty and a few days after that, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Lego Batman 3 and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

# 54 vtcrb @ 09/21/14 12:00 AM
Quote:
Uhhh....cause the general public typically doesn't buy two of the same sports game. When 2K is done "promoting" their game will be around November or so. Since they'll still be running commercials for the game I'm sure. Even if we didn't go with that date, let's say they'll be done promoting October 7th. Their game will be on store shelves at that point and all the promoting and hyping will allow people to immediately go buy their game while Live is sitting around showing screens of baseline paint waiting for 2K to get out of their way to snatch sports gamers 21 days after they blew their October game budget on Borderlands, Alien, Driveclub, 2K, Super Smash Bros. and then of course waiting for that 4 days AFTER Live comes out to pick up Call of Duty and a few days after that, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Lego Batman 3 and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
I am not arguing about it with you , i was just stating my opinion. I didnt say it was Best Business Decision, but i just dont think EA is putting their Strongest Marketing Push out until AFTER 2k is released.

# 55 King_B_Mack @ 09/21/14 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I am not arguing about it with you , i was just stating my opinion. I didnt say it was Best Business Decision, but i just dont think EA is putting their Strongest Marketing Push out until AFTER 2k is released.
Don't get me wrong, not saying you're arguing about it. Just addressing these kind of questions and thoughts in general because they seem to be rather common for quite a few.

# 56 juicey79 @ 09/21/14 12:35 PM
That is an impressive screen shot on this notice page....i thought it was a live capture of a game...The Jersey stretch looks odd though.

# 57 wferguson05 @ 09/21/14 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
No Sliders or GameFace???
Gameface is a gimmick and sliders are overrated. Read my blog post on "Learn the game then Love the game", you'll get the full scoop. I believe Live15 is doing everything correct except for releasing 3 weeks later, unless the game is perfect because of the 3 week delay.

# 58 wferguson05 @ 09/21/14 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
Man, very well said. I agree, the best thing to happen to Live15 is going to be the EA access feature. With that being said, if it's only marginally different, better or worse, 3 weeks may just be tooooooo late.

# 59 mbrancato157 @ 09/22/14 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wferguson05
Gameface is a gimmick and sliders are overrated. Read my blog post on "Learn the game then Love the game", you'll get the full scoop. I believe Live15 is doing everything correct except for releasing 3 weeks later, unless the game is perfect because of the 3 week delay.

# 60 ccoaxum @ 09/22/14 10:27 AM
marketing is not a big thing right now for EA Live 15, they been saying this since last year if yall keep up with every info they do put out. They focus is rebuilding this game from the ground up starting last year with 14, and they focusing on certain things each year so that they can get most of things right the first time. This year the focus is on graphics and gameplay, which was biggest issue that everyone had with 14, so don't get mad that they keep saying thats what they are focusing on when that was what everyone had an issue with. They already stated that live 16 they will be focusing on the game modes. Once again they stated that their goal is for ppl to just be able to take the time to try the game out thats it and give a chance, nothing in those words says we want your money or we trying to out sell an company..which is why they supposed to be letting us get our hands on the game before buy it, so please stopping worrying about EA making money off this game right away cause that's not their concern right now, like someone already said basketball is not their number game anymore for this company like it was in the past......P.S i wish i got paid for this lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.