Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

According to the PlayStation.Blog, it doesn’t look like we will see an NBA 2K15 demo this week. Demos typically release 2 weeks before the game releases to stores, which means we probably won't see one this year, for the second year in a row.

We have reached out to 2K for confirmation and will update this post when we hear back.

UPDATE: Just received confirmation, there will be no NBA 2K15 demo this year.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jadert @ 09/22/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I am not saying nobody worked on gameplay, not at all. But we don't know what else they've done outside of adding a shot meter. Sure, there are gameplay impressions. But there is always the possibility that there is a placebo effect. Again, we have no idea what the gameplay and AI teams have been doing for the last year. There has been no transparency. That is why I'm wary.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying it will be the same game with the same issues. I am simply saying that for me personally, the lack of a demo directly influences my decision to purchase the game. I purchased NBA 2k10-2k13 on release day based on the information released beforehand, and 2k14 about a month later based on impressions and track record. From a gameplay standpoint, I was not satisfied enough with 2k14 to warrant a blind purchase of 2k15.
Just don't buy it. I wouldn't give a company my money with all of these concerns. Plus with another basketball game coming out that looks legit, you have choices. Too much stress trying to decide whether to purchase a video game or not.

When I am disgusted by a game or company and their practices or product, I speak with my wallet. That's why choices are great!

# 142 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 12:12 PM
I mean...if you buy the game and don't like it, you normally can return it for a full refund. No harm, no foul so I don't see what the big deal is. You'll get your precious $65 back to put in your piggy bank. I get the eagerness for a demo but what are you gonna do? Complaining doesn't change anything. All it does is make you upset....then what?? Be Fonzie guys 😎

# 143 rspencer86 @ 09/22/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I mean...if you buy the game and don't like it, you normally can return it for a full refund.
Where can you do this? I've never had a store allow a return of software for a full refund.

I wish there were a demo, but it's really not too big of a deal for me. There are videos, reviews, impressions, livestreams, etc. that you can gather pretty much all of the info you need to make an informed purchase decision. Waiting a day or two to read impressions and watch a livestream or two won't hurt.

# 144 Da_Czar @ 09/22/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
They already have demos of the game running at various gaming events. I guess they wasted a lot of precious time taking a vertical slice of a SPORTS GAME that is pretty much 100% made (no dev is still adding features 2 weeks before launch). Demoing a sports game doesn't take as much effort as any other genre. Other games would have to find a situation that would allow players to learn the controls and also show how fun the game could be. A sport game doesn't change from hour 1 to hour 100. The gameplay mechanics stay consistent. The demo would be just to showcase improvements on the gameplay mechanics in 1-2 quarters of a exhibition game, and would let me see for myself if the areas of the game I found fault with last year have been fixed.

Sorry if I don't prescribe to the notion that 2k is consistent every year like you may, because where I see progression in some places (offensive movement and ballhandling) I see regression in others (defensive rotations and spacing). "On the fence" means just that. I was disappointed by 2k14 and I'm in the middle in terms of whether or not I get this iteration. Reading other people's opinions of the game doesn't do much for me considering how hyperbolic people's opinion of the game is after launch. Its either terrible or you got guys saying Jesus himself made it.

I understand from a business perspective that demos are more likely to push people away from buying a game but none of us are getting a cut of NBA 2k15's profits so why should I be okay with it as a consumer? Some of you guys should try to get paid for the PR work you do for them on these forums
With the emphasis lots of games are putting on day 1 patches I wouldn't be so sure of that bold-ed statement. That is all I have to add on this subject.

Been a pretty good thread. Good points on both sides. If your skeptical try before you buy via a trial, gamefly, gamestop or bestbuy kiosk, friends house. LOL whatever.

But I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least one person on OS who has the same issues you do with the game who can't give you quality feedback or make a video for you or a stream on the week of the game release to get you the information you may need.

# 145 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Where can you do this? I've never had a store allow a return of software for a full refund.
Seriously? I don't know about digital downloads but check your receipt or ask the store rep. @ Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc you generally have 14 days (give or take) to return any game for a full refund.

# 146 rspencer86 @ 09/22/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Seriously? I don't know about digital downloads but check your receipt or ask the store rep. @ Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc you generally have 14 days (give or take) to return any game for a full refund.
I don't believe that's true:

Quote:
Open music, movies, video games, and software purchased on Target.com or in a Target store cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title on the same or different gaming platform.
http://help.target.com/help/subcateg...+%26+Exchanges

That's pretty much standard anywhere. Gamestop allows returns of used games up to 7 days.

# 147 jeremym480 @ 09/22/14 12:36 PM
Quote:
I don't have time to look them all up, but here's what Game Stop and Best Buy says about returning a new video game:

GS:
Spoiler

BB:
Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that all other stores have the same policy, so good luck getting your money back. Although, if anyone is on the fence I'm not sure why they would blindly purchase when there's plenty of avenues to check out games now days... renting, streaming, etc.

# 148 da ThRONe @ 09/22/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Just don't buy it. I wouldn't give a company my money with all of these concerns. Plus with another basketball game coming out that looks legit, you have choices. Too much stress trying to decide whether to purchase a video game or not.

When I am disgusted by a game or company and their practices or product, I speak with my wallet. That's why choices are great!

While I agree with this premise 100%. The whole point of OS are for like minded people to discuss what it is they like and dislike about the gaming process from start to finish.

I don't know how you call looking at a forum "too much stress", but I'd venture to guess that El Poopador isn't losing sleep over this decision to purchase or not purchase. Neither am I. I come here see if there's anything new that can impact my decision and I express how and why I feel a particular way.

# 149 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 12:55 PM
Well, I stand corrected. That really sux.

# 150 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogabarz
WAS GOOD EVERYBODY PLEASE GO LOOK AT A COUPLE OF MY VIDEOS ABOUT NEXT GEN CREW. I HAVE A VIDEO WITH MW N KSPADE HAVIG A CONVERSATION ABOUT NEXT GEN CREW PLEASE GO LIKE SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE

Type in ****** Please and thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No disrespect but if it's not 2K15 vids, I'm not interested. Also, for future reference, just post a link. People generally don't wanna "work" when being solicited....

# 151 reptilexcq @ 09/22/14 01:20 PM
Based on this thread alone, I can see what 2K is going to be saying next year:

"We heard you LOUD and CLEAR...we will be releasing a demo this year." LOL

# 152 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 01:48 PM
Mannn, this thread escalated quickly....lol

# 153 swac07 @ 09/22/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Mannn, this thread escalated quickly....lol
Right lol smh

# 154 stillfeelme @ 09/22/14 03:21 PM
I would have wanted a demo but 2K's demos have been pretty bare bones for years now. I think people on the fence should just wait it out. So many streams will be available that you can make your informed decision by then.

The gameplay improvements IMO would not have been showcased in a demo with no plays and no control over settings, difficulty etc. exactly how 2K's demos have been for years now.

They really should have a gameplay live stream with the developers showing the improvements and letting Ronnie or LD2K MC similar to what Madden did.

Let Czar talk offensive AI, Beluba talking controls improvements, OG team specific settings, rotations. The gameplay team should talk gameplay. After that they can have a light hearted game between LD2K and Ronnie. Highlight the improvements made.

# 155 jadert @ 09/22/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
While I agree with this premise 100%. The whole point of OS are for like minded people to discuss what it is they like and dislike about the gaming process from start to finish.

I don't know how you call looking at a forum "too much stress", but I'd venture to guess that El Poorador isn't loosing sleep over this decision to purchase or not purchase. Neither am I. I come here see if there's anything new that can impact my decision and I express how and why I feel a particular way.
I don't think looking at the forum is too much stress, its actually relaxing. Sorry you misunderstood me there. My point is this, if you have all of the concerns about 2K, just don't buy it. Later on when you see gameplay and come back for impressions you can make a purchase. Or borrow it from a friend. I don't know, maybe I'm too mellow and see life a little easier than some of the things I read.

# 156 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/22/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
With the emphasis lots of games are putting on day 1 patches I wouldn't be so sure of that bold-ed statement. That is all I have to add on this subject.

Been a pretty good thread. Good points on both sides. If your skeptical try before you buy via a trial, gamefly, gamestop or bestbuy kiosk, friends house. LOL whatever.

But I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least one person on OS who has the same issues you do with the game who can't give you quality feedback or make a video for you or a stream on the week of the game release to get you the information you may need.
From my experience day 1 patches are usually to fix bugs that were not ironed out before the game had to be sent to the presses.

Content related patches usually come later after release. It may seem like I'm implying the game will suck or something, or that $69.99 (in Canada all next gen games are that price) is too much for me, but its more saving myself from the frustration of having to deal with some of the issues in the game I personally thought ruined the experience in 2k14.

2k14 wasn't horrible but I want to see for myself that the things I had issue with were improved enough that I can go back to enjoying the series. It doesn't really bother me waiting till next year but for some reason some people get really defensive if you don't have an overwhelmingly positive response to any and all 2k news

# 157 Boilerbuzz @ 09/22/14 05:03 PM
I'll just close my contribution to the thread by simply stating this:

1. I would WANT there to be a demo. But I'm fine if there isn't. It's not a big deal. People hate the stripped down demos anyway.

2. It cost the company time AND money to make a demo. That hurts the END product, so I'm cool with there being no demo in this shortened dev cycle.

3. Demos are going the way of the DoDo bird with the new "trials". If you are on the fence, you can EASILY try a trial or a friend's copy. Seriously, you're not convinced enough to buy the game on Day 1 anyway. So, the lack of a demo should really make no difference to you.

# 158 Agame @ 09/22/14 07:51 PM
Rent the game😉......then buy or don't buy.

# 159 Pared @ 09/22/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Well, I stand corrected. That really sux.
That's because you live in Brooklyn, where most of these normal rules don't apply.

Ok, well used to!

# 160 exposedaking @ 09/22/14 08:32 PM
I don't need a demo to influence a purchase, im buying on day one...I just wanted a sneak peek before the 7th. Oh well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.