Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 video (Shaky-cam), featuring the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs, from the Tokyo Game Show.

Source - Vandal TV

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 grodbetatted @ 09/22/14 09:37 AM
To piggy back on the one guy talking about the passing... 2ks passing has been broken for years. Online almost no one plays on ball defense because you can tip EVERY pass. Players jump into passing lanes at the last minute, when in reality it would've been the good basketball decision. I have always said that needs to be fixed. I'm not saying take out tipped passes, but there definitely shouldn't be as many as there are, especially with the super natural awareness players have where the just keep tapping x or square to get a tipped pass. Yes in 2k14 it would result in an intentional foul but people still did it

# 42 DboyRavage @ 09/22/14 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
To piggy back on the one guy talking about the passing... 2ks passing has been broken for years. Online almost no one plays on ball defense because you can tip EVERY pass. Players jump into passing lanes at the last minute, when in reality it would've been the good basketball decision. I have always said that needs to be fixed. I'm not saying take out tipped passes, but there definitely shouldn't be as many as there are, especially with the super natural awareness players have where the just keep tapping x or square to get a tipped pass. Yes in 2k14 it would result in an intentional foul but people still did it

If it results in intentional foul how do people still do it? I think it takes skill/timing to get steals in the passing lanes. That's one of the perks of playing on ball defensive also. I'm big on quick matches online even tho it's really watered down at the moment but I still enjoy it sometimes. One of the strategies I use while playing on ball D, When the point guard is brining the ball up I try my best to get him in a bumping animation or stop him in his tracks, assuming he's going to pass it. I switch to the closet guy defending the person I think he's going to pass to and if timed correctly that's a steal baby! It's easy to catch on to it tho if your not a casual 2k player. Some people notice what I'm doing and will let the animation play out or hold on to the ball then wait for me to go for the steal then pass it then I'm at fault by leaving a man open. Risk and reward type of thing but it takes skill to be on point with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 morningstar777 @ 09/22/14 10:04 AM
Those passes tho. SMH.

# 44 grodbetatted @ 09/22/14 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboyRavage
If it results in intentional foul how do people still do it? I think it takes skill/timing to get steals in the passing lanes. That's one of the perks of playing on ball defensive also. I'm big on quick matches online even tho it's really watered down at the moment but I still enjoy it sometimes. One of the strategies I use while playing on ball D, When the point guard is brining the ball up I try my best to get him in a bumping animation or stop him in his tracks, assuming he's going to pass it. I switch to the closet guy defending the person I think he's going to pass to and if timed correctly that's a steal baby! It's easy to catch on to it tho if your not a casual 2k player. Some people notice what I'm doing and will let the animation play out or hold on to the ball then wait for me to go for the steal then pass it then I'm at fault by leaving a man open. Risk and reward type of thing but it takes skill to be on point with it.

So you just openly admitted you use a 2k cheese to help win.. That's not playing good basketball.. And again playing the passing lanes in 2k takes no skill just press x or square whenever the ball is passed and it can be stolen no matter how good the pass is... So yes I can't agree with what you're ssying

# 45 Teddy_Long @ 09/22/14 11:17 AM
i wonder why they haven't scanned splitter?

# 46 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/22/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
So you just openly admitted you use a 2k cheese to help win.. That's not playing good basketball.. And again playing the passing lanes in 2k takes no skill just press x or square whenever the ball is passed and it can be stolen no matter how good the pass is... So yes I can't agree with what you're ssying
Sounds like good defense to me.

# 47 Boilerbuzz @ 09/22/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
i wonder why they haven't scanned splitter?
Wouldn't that be a question for Splitter?

# 48 swiftkid @ 09/22/14 11:33 AM

i can't wait

# 49 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/22/14 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Of course they are. They're the team that went to the NBA Finals during the last 4 years, and the team that won two NBA Championships over that span. They're actually more of a team, now more than ever.
That's adorable

# 50 Goffs @ 09/22/14 12:02 PM
Does the gameplay look a bit more sped up compared to the gamescom vids?

# 51 23 @ 09/22/14 12:35 PM
Maybe I'm not sure but I usually slow the game down a couple of notches anyway.
If I feel it's too fast ill do it again this year

# 52 bateman11 @ 09/22/14 12:56 PM
After watching the Deng catch and shoot on the move sequence I'm a little giddy. I hope it isn't just a coincidence but in previous games all catch and shoot instances resulted in a set shot animation. As Deng caught the ball on the move his shooting animation actually accounted for his momentum even though he didn't dribble the ball.

I really hope we get this for guys that come off screens for jumpers. I hated seeing guys come off wide open only to have to set their feet and shoot it as a set shot to completely take away the space that was created.

# 53 Da_Czar @ 09/22/14 01:04 PM
I am obviously biased, but I don't recall a hoop game looking that good while being played by people that bad... If you get what I am saying. Even these two didn't make the game look like a sport other than basketball. LOL.

I have said it in other places but on the lower levels we were very generous with the shot timing. Not so on highest 2 levels.

# 54 Cabish @ 09/22/14 01:08 PM
Omg it's the czar !!! Lol

# 55 tsbmolina @ 09/22/14 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I am obviously biased, but I don't recall a hoop game looking that good while being played by people that bad... If you get what I am saying. Even these two didn't make the game look like a sport other than basketball. LOL.

I have said it in other places but on the lower levels we were very generous with the shot timing. Not so on highest 2 levels.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was surprised to even see it playable at TGS considering basketball isn't that big in Japan, yet the smoothness and animations still made this game look fun and realistic with two clueless players on the stick. I can only imagine what it's going to look like with two experienced players on the controllers, pure basketball bliss would be my guess.

# 56 DboyRavage @ 09/22/14 01:25 PM
Quote:

What cheese are you talking about? I play one ball D. I'm not one of those dudes who just on the center. I'm always active switching around my players. If you think playing the passing lanes the way I explained is cheese then so be it. But I clearly pointed ways where If I timed hitting my X button to early it leaves a man wide open. And it's not something anybody should do every time down on defense. And it does takes skill to time stealing passes. Just because your predictable with your passes and people can read who your going to pass it to doesn't make it cheese.

# 57 vito100 @ 09/22/14 01:29 PM
Look at that Cheese... I play better than people from Japan... I would kill these guys online. Whenever I do get the ball stolen it's Cheese. When I score and play its Skill and Sim I never play any other way... I'm the best 2k player in the world. This game looks the same... That shot meter is gonna be cheese, I'm gonna turn it off even tho I haven't played with it... But even tho u turn it off it will probably run in the background and give u the A - F system that has been in previous... Lol! Some of you guys are funny. I'm glad I just like to have fun and take shaky cam vids for what they are. Some of you guys are Gonna have heart problems for stressing out on these vids

# 58 vito100 @ 09/22/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboyRavage
What cheese are you talking about? I play one ball D. I'm not one of those dudes who just on the center. I'm always active switching around my players. If you think playing the passing lanes the way I explained is cheese then so be it. But I clearly pointed ways where If I timed hitting my X button to early it leaves a man wide open. And it's not something anybody should do every time down on defense. And it does takes skill to time stealing passes. Just because your predictable with your passes and people can read who your going to pass it to doesn't make it cheese.

Don't let these dudes stress you man... Sounds like you are playing good defense to me... I think most of these aint even that good, not saying I'm the greatest, but I don't critique how folks play their game

# 59 thedream2k13 @ 09/22/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

Wade leaning off dribble 3 pointer was horrendous. I was about to ask you why a perfect release made shot considering Wade never has a good 3 point rating

# 60 bxphenom7 @ 09/22/14 01:36 PM
Looks fine. That D Wade 3 though was bs lol Difficulty better be at a low setting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.