Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Video by Chris Smoove
on YouTube.

NBA 2K15 is rolling with a brand new look this year to MyCAREER with an all-new backstory where you will (spoiler alert) become an undrafted free agent. This year's mode begins in January instead of before the NBA season, where you will be signing on with short-term deals trying to make a team in the NBA. Another tidbit we've already known is you'll be able to scan your face into the game if you so choose, so your player will look a lot more like yourself if you want to go that route.

The big thing is that you'll be testing free agency right off of the bat, and testing different offers against one another. This is a unique take to the Career mode story, and it seems like a hopeful prospect that you'll be doing a lot of new things in this year's mode you haven't yet done.

Here's to hoping you can skip the cut scenes!

What did you think about the opening scene and the face scan technology?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 kurt2134 @ 09/22/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
What is your definition of "voice work?" I didn't do get any vibes of GTA outside of it being a cutscene with talking and nearly every game has that. If anything it's closer to NBA 2k7 or NBA The Life's.

For reference:

Mostly it's his agent and the overall feeling of semi-humorous drama. The fast talking overly dramatic way that his agent speaks. I'm not arguing that it doesn't remind me of the videos you posted, it just gave me a similar vibe to a GTA cutsene.

# 82 Dmanning2 @ 09/22/14 06:20 PM
I'm the only one who likes this? Can't wait....

# 83 Cabish @ 09/22/14 06:21 PM
Ok what's so hard in getting the fades right and wth with the grand theft auto cutscenes for real ,,vc wth wth wth,come on ,with this little detail and scrap the cutscenes crap

# 84 23 @ 09/22/14 06:25 PM
He could've edited the head but I'm m sure he didn't bother. It's just to do an advertisement.

It's really not that much of a concern is it

# 85 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
Mostly it's his agent and the overall feeling of semi-humorous drama. The fast talking overly dramatic way that his agent speaks. I'm not arguing that it doesn't remind me of the videos you posted, it just gave me a similar vibe to a GTA cutsene.
OK, I guess I can somewhat see that now even though GTA isn't the only game that does that. But I can understand why it'd be the 1st thing that pops into people's heads.

# 86 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Depends how it's set up.

Think about it.

The 'meat & potatoes' of cutscenes that happen during mid-to-late season could all be similar, but the first few 'intro' cutscenes could be different, depending on your selected pathway.

Just my opinion.
Tbh, I think it'd work better being the exact reverse.

# 87 basehead617 @ 09/22/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Yeah, the face scanning definitely needs some work. I'm sure it'll be a work in progress for a few years before it looks really good.

Looking at this guy, and even Ronnie's face scan, I don't think they look much like them (especially this one). Head shape is way off for one.
Head shape isn't part of the feature.

It scans the FACE, not the whole head.

# 88 RustyBlue @ 09/22/14 06:34 PM
forcing you to go undrafted is kinda lame imo

# 89 vito100 @ 09/22/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He could've edited the head but I'm m sure he didn't bother. It's just to do an advertisement.

It's really not that much of a concern is it
Thanks for saying that.... They've already said you can still sculpt your head and change skin tone after the Scan.. But as usual people are taking it to 10 when its not that drastic

# 90 kiev123 @ 09/22/14 06:39 PM
Looks like you're playing a movie not a game.
Not my cup of tea.

# 91 23 @ 09/22/14 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev123
Looks like you're playing a movie not a game.
Not my cup of tea.
Exactly. Did you see how hard smoove slammed the ball to the floor when he hit X

You've got to admit the button was very responsive for a movie

# 92 OkayC @ 09/22/14 06:48 PM
after seeing the video, i have to say im still not a fan of cutscenes(in fact there a large reason why i didn't buy the game last year). But if the scenes can be to a minimum, skippable, and not overly important to the gameplay that skipping them would screw up your experience, i could learn to live with them. Tbh i never thought cutscenes were the answer to this mode to begin with, dleague, in game injuries, realistic coach logic, and better team building logic were the issues, as well as getting too good too fast. But so far from the little i get from this video mycareer could be finally headed back in the right direction. cant wait to hear more

# 93 OkayC @ 09/22/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I dont mind the cutscenes as long as we are not forced to play out a scripted story like 2K14 which seems to be the case again. I dont wanna play 2Ks career, I wanna play my own. It was so scripted in 2K14 that it affected the on the court play.
I agree with this, if the scripted play is gone, the im on board. But it will be a major turn off if that missing free throws, and catching the flu junk is in the game again.

# 94 grodbetatted @ 09/22/14 06:53 PM
2k needs to take some steps back in mycareer... This 2k soap opera mode is horrible

# 95 Jakeness23 @ 09/22/14 06:54 PM
Not going to lie... the storytelling kills this mode completely for me. There should be very variation among users, not everybody getting the same thing. We should be able to choose between, being #1 overall, lottery, late 1st rd, 2nd rd, OR undrafted. Not sure if I'll ever play this mode (leaning towards a no). Good thing MyLeague and MyGM look amazing or I'd pass completely. This just comes off as corny and gimmicky to me, personally.

# 96 vito100 @ 09/22/14 06:58 PM
For you guys that don't want the cut scenes and want to imagine/make up ur own thing.. Just create a player and put him on a team in your association and player lock on him and change the camera to the MyPlayer camera... See problem solved. Lol!

# 97 KingTocco @ 09/22/14 07:00 PM
If there are no cutscenes then it's too boring, if there are cutscenes then people complain about it being lame and scripted...so many critics...

I think this looks awesome and I appreciate the effort of the story. It makes it more enjoyable in my opinion.

# 98 Trackball @ 09/22/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito100
For you guys that don't want the cut scenes and want to imagine/make up ur own thing.. Just create a player and put him on a team in your association and player lock on him and change the camera to the MyPlayer camera... See problem solved. Lol!
Yeah. There's just no pleasing some people.

# 99 twogotwingz3 @ 09/22/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
i guess we have to hide our hairlines like lebron with a headband using vc.
Yea it's really crazy..as we can tell from the looks of people working at 2k they're definitely not too "hip" on what's going on in the world of style! 2ks shoes and accessories look trash and not on the same level as other things and neither are CAP hairstyles! And in today's social media people are so much focused on those things I'm tryna figure out what people at 2k talk about lol...and when it comes to basketball shoes and hairstyles are most certainly main attractions... From brons faded hairline to varejao's flock of curls or D Rose Adidas to retro Jordans! All talked about daily when basketball is involved! And it's just insane they don't have all major types of black culture haircuts seeing how that's mostly who plays in the NBA

# 100 vito100 @ 09/22/14 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
If there are no cutscenes then it's too boring, if there are cutscenes then people complain about it being lame and scripted...so many critics...

I think this looks awesome and I appreciate the effort of the story. It makes it more enjoyable in my opinion.
I share the same sentiment.. My player experience was hightened by the story... It had a few little things like getting injured that u couldn't control... But I had control of my play on the court and I missed the playoffs by 1 game after missing a games winner at the end of the season... That was my experience not 2ks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.