Home
NHL 15 News Post

As mentioned earlier this month, EA Sports and the NHL 15 team plan to release a couple of free content updates for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users.

The first update has just arrived, which includes playoff mode, coach feedback in Be a Pro mode, 3 Stars, and updates in Hockey Ultimate Team.

The second update is scheduled to arrive in October, giving users Online Team Play and the GM Rookie Draft for Be a GM mode.

NHL 15 Content Update #1 Details:

Playoff Mode

Play an offline bracket tournament with up to 16 teams. Use the teams from the NHL or create your own tournament tree by selecting teams from up to 12 different leagues. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be a Pro - Coach Feedback

After each shift you will get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your game play. Score high grades on Position, Team Play, and Stats to work yourself up the teams depth chart.

3 Stars

At the end of the game, see the three stars and their stats.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

• Updated layouts and improved navigation for HUT menus.
  • New animations for player items.
  • Improved edit lines screen that better identifies players that are injured or require contract extensions.
We will continue to release more content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. These updates will include the addition of Online Team Play and a new GM Rookie Draft for the Be a GM game mode. For information about these updates and when you can expect to see them can be found here.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 09:03 AM
Ok gonna start a Playoff Mode series allstar 8 min periods near default settings V1.00 tuner
There is no longer a team you wanna play as check off user screen you just choose teams and later you can play or sim , which I like and I wonder if Playoff mode will have a different Ice Tilt for a more Playoff type feel with more big hits and less penalties .

Theres alot more atmosphere as the crowd is waving towels in the Eddie and Doc intro and at the faceoff drop but I also have audio sliders adjusted for a playoff frenzy feel but the crowd in general are alot more alive !

Im not really noticing anything gameplay wise different but I also Im on the V1.00 tuner and once in the playoff set up I dont see any option out of game to change it in settings other than Starting a new one up , will double check ?

Quick PPG kaner to sharpy 1 -0 Hawks over LA at 16:01 of the first and now another in the first and Im up 2-0 on another PP and Hitting seems a bit to powerful as before I had sliders where Kane couldnt flatten people but now he can? kinda like how I mentioned this mode was programmed above for big hit playoff atmosphere.

Stats are still pretty good though I think penalties will be less in this mode and Im also not seeing that strategy box pop up on the screen anymore in Playoff Mode but ill double check when its a PK/PP Situation .

With Cpu strategy at 4 Im seeing the cpu have almost equal TOA with me but Im up 2-0 so take that with a grain of salt right now but attack is kinda back and fourth at times which is nice.

Goalie play seems fine but Craw is standing on his head and at this point I feel the hu has a advantage but I also have the tilted Ice Factor too but once again Im on the V 1:00 so I will test the latest tuner next .

More to come and Ill post some Boxscore photos too if thats ok ?
Im dying to see if the 3 stars is just a screen or players skating on the ice too but now that I think of it , its just the screen as I dont think Playoff mode ever had the 3 stars on the ice just a screen.

# 2 MizzouRah @ 09/23/14 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

Im dying to see if the 3 stars is just a screen or players skating on the ice too but now that I think of it , its just the screen as I dont think Playoff mode ever had the 3 stars on the ice just a screen.

# 3 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's just a screen on the boxscore, you hit LB/RB on the xb1 to see the 3 stars.
Yeah I knew once I thought about it above but hey its free

Gameplay unless Its just a Random has changed for me as Im up 3-0 now so Im gonna try the new tuner with my old sliders in playoff mode because in all my other games on play now it never felt this way even with the tilted ice factor so new impressions coming soon .

# 4 Haeyena @ 09/23/14 09:37 AM
Fine and dandy, but......sim to next shift????????????????????

# 5 mikeymayhem @ 09/23/14 09:56 AM
Just like the tuner Im not even getting a option to dl the patch.

# 6 NeptunePirate @ 09/23/14 10:00 AM
I was hoping for an option to automatically create the best lineup in HUT, instead of having to do it manually. When I get new cards, I just want the best players in each spot quickly.

That said, the update is nice. I feel better knowing I will be able to see the 3 stars on each game now.

# 7 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 10:02 AM
Oh when I checked my stats when I quit early in the second period I had 4 pp to the cpu none ? looks like penalties may have been addressed but its a small sample .

Well all my other sliders saved when I started a new playoff but of course not the gameplay settings and double check them that they havent changed in game .

# 8 snc237 @ 09/23/14 10:24 AM
So nhl has already had a tuner update and now a game patch (which was very quick). I'm still waiting on madden to fix offline franchise! Sorry but it's been a month now and I still can't play madden.

# 9 Elite49 @ 09/23/14 10:25 AM
Was hoping for some gameplay fixes and other improvements. If theres none in this then that doesn't look good for us. Probably won't be any until after these content updates (Nov.) or none at all.

# 10 jake19ny @ 09/23/14 10:31 AM
It looks like the patch had exactly what Rammer said it would so I am guessing the October patch will only have exactly what Rammer said it will. Still holding out hope for player edit and either season mode or total roster control, Rammer was a little vague on those things simply saying they may be added but could not say for sure and if so when......What a nice surprise if it were added to the October one if not maybe November? Until then its BeaGM with unrealistic rosters

# 11 oldman @ 09/23/14 11:04 AM
When these new updates come out will we have to restart our GM mode?

# 12 mikeymayhem @ 09/23/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
When these new updates come out will we have to restart our GM mode?
I dont think you will.

# 13 NinthFall @ 09/23/14 11:41 AM
Please correct me, if I'm wrong. But as it goes, I'm disappointed with the playoffs mode.

I like the fact that you can create your own tournaments from any league, but that's it. You cannot choose a team you play through the whole tournament, actually trying to win it. Instead you play every team in the tournament (or simulate through it). This cuts down the atmosphere of fighting your own team or country through a tournament to win the title. I don't feel any compete atmosphere in this mode due to this. :/

What I was awaiting the most was the tournaments and if this is where it stays... well, meh.

Also, there's still no playoffs in Ultimate Team. And the anchors keep calling me "Anaheim, which is not my teams name ._.".

# 14 mike24forever @ 09/23/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
So nhl has already had a tuner update and now a game patch (which was very quick). I'm still waiting on madden to fix offline franchise! Sorry but it's been a month now and I still can't play madden.
Why are you apologizing, this is the wrong thread!

# 15 snc237 @ 09/23/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Why are you apologizing, this is the wrong thread!
More less saying it's impressive that nhl is working on there game at a rapid pace (not that there is a lot to work on to begin with) and madden is just taking it easy.

# 16 rickster1 @ 09/23/14 12:32 PM
Bagm, just finished a game did not get Stars of game ?

# 17 adayinthelife @ 09/23/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Please correct me, if I'm wrong. But as it goes, I'm disappointed with the playoffs mode.

I like the fact that you can create your own tournaments from any league, but that's it. You cannot choose a team you play through the whole tournament, actually trying to win it. Instead you play every team in the tournament (or simulate through it). This cuts down the atmosphere of fighting your own team or country through a tournament to win the title. I don't feel any compete atmosphere in this mode due to this. :/

What I was awaiting the most was the tournaments and if this is where it stays... well, meh.

Also, there's still no playoffs in Ultimate Team. And the anchors keep calling me "Anaheim, which is not my teams name ._.".
Wait, what? You can't pick your team in playoff mode? You have to manually sim all games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster1
Bagm, just finished a game did not get Stars of game ?
Anyone else see 3 stars in BaGM? If you have to restart a BaGM for such a simple update, this wouldn't bode well for not having to restart again when that draft patch drops.

# 18 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 12:55 PM
Ok Im dead tired after playing 3 full games on near allstar default sliders on Playoff mode for NHL 15 so take it for what its worth but I think it plays alot like NHL 14 playoff mode and prior versions .

As this mode has always been a heavily boosted mode on default to mimic playoff hockey BUT it uses turbo skaters , everyone dekes like Crosby, big hits , constant checking , stick lifting , tilted Ice , home ice advantage and fewer penalties to mimic NHL Playoff hockey but all at a crazy pace so if you wanna be challenged to the max youll probably like it on default but Im gonna have to tone it down a tad and use my adjustments from last year.

# 19 13whitebread @ 09/23/14 12:58 PM
It's good that EA has added modes here but playoff mode? The season has not even started yet. Why don't they try to add season mode first and then have many months to add playoff mode. I am guessing this is harder to do but it just seems silly to have playoff mode before the season mode.

# 20 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Wait, what? You can't pick your team in playoff mode? You have to manually sim all games?

Anyone else see 3 stars in BaGM? If you have to restart a BaGM for such a simple update, this wouldn't bode well for not having to restart again when that draft patch drops.
I just chose my teams and I could be all teams and then play or sim each game ?
I mean you dont have to highlight them any more , man Im tired

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.