Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15
has found its way into stores, and many of you are no doubt spending big parts of your day playing this year's game. You can check out our initial impressions of the game here.

What do you think about the game? Post your impressions here!

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 gopher_guy @ 09/23/14 04:15 PM
Maybe I'm missing it somehow, is there a way to practice in the arena?

In past FIFAs, you could always hit select, and then choose the number of attackers/defenders, work on FKs, stuff like that. Looks like the only options in the arena that I'm finding are switch sides to become the goalie.

# 42 BL8001 @ 09/23/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Maybe I'm missing it somehow, is there a way to practice in the arena?

In past FIFAs, you could always hit select, and then choose the number of attackers/defenders, work on FKs, stuff like that. Looks like the only options in the arena that I'm finding are switch sides to become the goalie.
its down there on the right/bottom in one of the menus.

there are 3 dots on the image and you RS over to the mode

Oh wait, if you are in the arena I think its select button or whatever the xbox 360 equivalent select button is on your controller, the left back button thing, whatever it is called. That should call up the practice menu

# 43 the_2000s_kid @ 09/23/14 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Couple quick notes:

--Still can't do 12 minute halves, which is a major disappointment to me, but I will do 10 minute halves this year. I did 15 minute halves last year because of its pacing issue and it took me the full 12 month FIFA cycle to make it through 5 career seasons. I play an average of one game or so per day. 15 minute halves take too long.

--Difficulty this year is insane. World Class is so hard that it almost feels broken. You can get stuck in, park the bus, etc. and still get battered. I think Pro is quite possibly this year's World Class. Sliders will make a big difference I'm sure.

--BL8 pointed it out elsewhere, but there are so many camera angles that work wonderfully! *gasp* My favorite might be...END TO END! It feels like you're part of a team playing football instead of playing a video game that looks like TV. I might actually play that camera angle because it makes midfield link-up play 1000x more effective/intuitive.
I discovered that camera in FIFA 14 on last gen, and it was easily my favorite camera in the game.

# 44 ncaafootball14markus @ 09/23/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Ok yeah jockey.

But my players still seem to be sliding around a bit and not just holding their ground. Thanks for this though, I will try it again.
actually for a complete stop and to go backpedal, you want to hold LT (Left trig) AND RT (Right trig) at the same time, while using your left stick to maneuver.

try that to stop on a dime and back pedal, etc.

# 45 BL8001 @ 09/23/14 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
actually for a complete stop and to go backpedal, you want to hold LT (Left trig) AND RT (Right trig) at the same time, while using your left stick to maneuver.

try that to stop on a dime and back pedal, etc.
Thank you and yeah that is great, face up dribble.

If I could do that on defense...that is what I am looking for. To be able to stop on a dime to counter the cpu offenses little dinks and cutbacks and dragbacks they are constantly throwing at me.

The CPU understands how to use the built in momentum against the user.

# 46 gopher_guy @ 09/23/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
its down there on the right/bottom in one of the menus.

there are 3 dots on the image and you RS over to the mode

Oh wait, if you are in the arena I think its select button or whatever the xbox 360 equivalent select button is on your controller, the left back button thing, whatever it is called. That should call up the practice menu
Yeah that doesn't work either. That's what I hit initially, because that's always how you brought it up on 360. But when you hit that button a few times on the xb1, it just tells you to hit start to switch sides or quit. Did they take practice mode out of the xb1 version?

# 47 ncaafootball14markus @ 09/23/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Thank you and yeah that is great, face up dribble.

If I could do that on defense...that is what I am looking for. To be able to stop on a dime to counter the cpu offenses little dinks and cutbacks and dragbacks they are constantly throwing at me.

The CPU understands how to use the built in momentum against the user.
my bad. dude, i wish there was a back pedal feature for defense too... frustrating. if you find out, post...i'm going to pick up my copy right now.

# 48 BL8001 @ 09/23/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Yeah that doesn't work either. That's what I hit initially, because that's always how you brought it up on 360. But when you hit that button a few times on the xb1, it just tells you to hit start to switch sides or quit. Did they take practice mode out of the xb1 version?
oh no. oh please no.

I moved to the season ticket on xbox 360 and was practicing all the time with no time limit over the weekend.

Please no, I really hope they haven't left it out.

Try this, I dont have the game in front of me...

Play -> highlight skill games -> and then use the right analog to scroll over to the practice arena.

# 49 gopher_guy @ 09/23/14 04:53 PM
Yeah that would be disappointing. I usually spend quite a bit of time practicing odd man rushes and set pieces in practice mode.

# 50 orion523 @ 09/23/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
So I'm really surprised how different the retail version feels from the demo.

Everything seems a touch smoother, player switching seems better, defensive AI seems more competent, and passing on manual feels more responsive and fluid (still a tad too slow on default, but doesn't feel as "clunky" as in the demo).

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the flow of play on slow speed, and like seeing the cpu doing a bit of build up play at times. It's not perfect, but I understand that the gameplay has to scale somewhat for a sub 90 minute game. Realistic buildup play wouldn't produce much of a game playing 10 minute halves.

Defending feels really good. Feels more responsive than the demo. You still have to be patient, but the cpu seems less godly with its tight dribbling. You have more of an ability to corral the cpu player on the ball into space and make a play.

I'm sure I'll see some warts as I play, but this is definitely a strong improvement over 14, and I'll be putting a ton of time into it. Best sports title EA has put out this year, and it's not close. A proper combination of looks, gameplay, and game mode variety.
I agree with just about everything you've said, plus this:
I checked out CM to see what was different, and although it's not much, what is there is definitely welcomed.

- The team formation screens have gotten tons of press already so no need to go there, needless to say its a vast improvement.

-sim speed is hella fast, way faster than last year.

-In the GTN, scouting individual players now takes just two weeks(with good scouts at least) and at the end you are given each players OVR.....Thank you!
There's also a couple of new traits, world class player, and pinpoint crosser.

-Youth scouting is exactly the same, not sure about actual transfers as I haven't gotten that far yet.

Overall I can see myself playing this game until at least next year's release.

# 51 BL8001 @ 09/23/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Yeah that would be disappointing. I usually spend quite a bit of time practicing odd man rushes and set pieces in practice mode.
This guy is in a practice mode on PS4 FIFA 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs8A1BkWUA

same guy doing FK's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8td6tm3W8

and another youtuber talking about PS4 freekicks in practice mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yffd1CV5E

I am officially puzzled by this.

# 52 LionsFanNJ @ 09/23/14 05:35 PM
Oh man im having tons of fun with the game. Much to my delight the CPU FOULS. So awesome I can finally take some actual FKs with Honda now.

Plus, the CPU clearances are out dor throws and not always counters.

Lastly, my biggest complaint, laser accurate cpu passes can be toned with the pass error slider and see an actual effect. Amazing.

Now im playing on pro after playing hi g her levels last year, but I'll move back up later. This game is so fun

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

# 53 gopher_guy @ 09/23/14 05:41 PM
Quote:
This guy is in a practice mode on PS4 FIFA 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs8A1BkWUA

same guy doing FK's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8td6tm3W8

and another youtuber talking about PS4 freekicks in practice mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yffd1CV5E

I am officially puzzled by this.
If anyone on next gen has been in practice mode, and could explain how you got there, I'd appreciate it!

# 54 Dylonus @ 09/23/14 05:50 PM
this game is incredible. EA deserves a round of applause for this. Its superior to any other sports game this year, even the show.

goaltending is fantastic, game play is revamped, players are more skilled, ball and player physics are very realistic, and the overall presentation with the crowd and all is excellent.. This game is a muat-buy.

# 55 allBthere @ 09/23/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillykid98
I agree the player models look a bit off. Gameplay is definitely more realistic. My only gripe is that I can't adjust the screen size. Apparently, this is a PS4 issue. Hope that gets fixed.
What does this mean, please elaborate.

Are you saying that the game crops your tv screen so that you have black bars?

# 56 Wavebird99 @ 09/23/14 05:56 PM
For sliders - higher rating for pass error would mean more errors, right? As in moving it to 55 would generate more mistakes vs. 45 being less mistakes?

# 57 rckabillyRaider @ 09/23/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
What does this mean, please elaborate.

Are you saying that the game crops your tv screen so that you have black bars?
Not sure if his is the same issue as mine, but the scoreboard slightly gets clipped off the top left of my tv screen (1080p tv)

# 58 xSubzer0x @ 09/23/14 06:01 PM
One thing that is weird that I found out is that when your in a career mode game and they give you an update for another game, they say the man is there, so how can he be in all those places at one time???

# 59 orion523 @ 09/23/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Not sure if his is the same issue as mine, but the scoreboard slightly gets clipped off the top left of my tv screen (1080p tv)
You can absolutely fix that, I had the same issue with the demo and fixed it in the PS4 video settings.

# 60 jvalverde88 @ 09/23/14 06:14 PM
There are fouls, thank god.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.