Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15
has found its way into stores, and many of you are no doubt spending big parts of your day playing this year's game. You can check out our initial impressions of the game here.

What do you think about the game? Post your impressions here!

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bad_philanthropy @ 09/24/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
Let me guess - you are on PS4 - we don't have that issue on Xbox One.

You need to disconnect you internet in the menu settings on PS4 I think...
Actually, I think you have to make sure you disable UPNP or whatever it's called.

# 122 statum71 @ 09/24/14 04:38 PM
Count me among those not liking the player models. Just way too pale looking. I know they scanned faces, but they need to work on skin color BIG TIME. Even the darker skinned players kinda look odd.

Aside from that, the game is awesome. I love the EA Ignite. The replay highlights from goals scored is just insane. Playing from broadcast camera angle is great. Feels like controlling a game on TV.

# 123 statum71 @ 09/24/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman_OS
NBA 2k commentary does make Fifa's look ordinary, not trying to be-little fifa,or saying Fifa is bad... just NBA 2k commentary is outstanding!.
Exactly.

Slow your roll Gopher. FIFA commentary is good. But 2K is another animal all together.

# 124 Sdot23 @ 09/24/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
Let me guess - you are on PS4 - we don't have that issue on Xbox One.

You need to disconnect you internet in the menu settings on PS4 I think...
That's what I'm hearing, and yes I'm on PS4. Thanks. Hopefully EA does a patch soon enough.

# 125 Scary Larry @ 09/24/14 04:50 PM
Picked this up today on my lunch break and now I'm reading there is no practice mode? Uh-oh. Hope I'm not returning this because I wanna delve into this years version.

# 126 mfp @ 09/24/14 05:08 PM
Here's a great example of what's wrong with this year's game. It's a video depicting what I've been talking about with the terrible defending and added error to finishing to account for all the easy chances being created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrH_EiLAp0

I'm Dortmund against Spurs. This is on LEGENDARY difficulty, yet you'll see how unbelievably easy it was to create a counter-attack and easy scoring opportunity. This is just really bad defensive AI, plain and simple. I get no pleasure from how easy the attacking play can be in this FIFA, though it's pretty to watch.

Note not only how wide open my winger is (Błaszczykowski), but then how the CPU defender doesn't bother putting up any challenge whatsoever once I"m in the box. This you'd think should've ended in a goal, and I'll admit that the outcome of the shot is not beyond the realm of possibility, but this is indicative of this year's game: easy chances followed by fluffed shots.

I'd also like to point out that Adebayor is sent off in this match before half time with two yellows. In less than 24 hours of play I'm seeing way too many CPU players being sent off against me (not to mention the rarity of seeing a player IRL sent off for two yellows in the FIRST HALF).

# 127 gopher_guy @ 09/24/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Exactly.

Slow your roll Gopher. FIFA commentary is good. But 2K is another animal all together.
I might have to get last year's NBA 2k game just to hear this commentary. Haha

# 128 HarryDoyle2633 @ 09/24/14 06:27 PM
Absolutely loving this year's game except one problem I've been having since yesterday. I can't get passed the 1st game of my manager mode. I can play the first friendly just fine but when I try to advance post game my screen freezes and dashboards me every time.

I already uninstalled and installed the game twice (Xbox One) but that hasn't helped and I haven't seen anyone else with this issue yet. Any help would be much appreciated!

# 129 therizing02 @ 09/24/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp

I'd also like to point out that Adebayor is sent off in this match before half time with two yellows. In less than 24 hours of play I'm seeing way too many CPU players being sent off against me (not to mention the rarity of seeing a player IRL sent off for two yellows in the FIRST HALF).
Not trying to make light of your post but I think it's funny reading all of the impressions of what people are seeing.

In at least 20 games, most played on WC and a few on PRO, I have yet to have a CPU player sent off and have yet to have a game with more than 5 total fouls for both teams. I read a post the other day where someone said they had a game with 16 total fouls! IDK, maybe it's the Legendary difficulty, but I'm not seeing a big difference with fouls. I'm also using Orions sliders as he has them posted.

# 130 mfp @ 09/24/14 07:20 PM
Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.

Here's several videos showing how bad it is. This is me (Dortmund) against the CPU (Spurs) on LEGENDARY difficulty.

Watch how easy this counter-attack is. Also note how the Spurs CB makes NO challenge at all in the box before I shoot. And then of course I miss because EA have added so much shot error this year (which they've had to do because of the tons of easy chances being created).

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Easy breakaway with missed chance

Then there's this next one. Look at the space afforded me. This is on Legendary and yet the Spurs players make little effort to close me down. Then see how crazy easy the 1-2 pass is because TWO Spurs defenders just watch me zip by them. And then of course another wild miss with a top player not under pressure.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI

This one might be the worst. First look at the ACRES of space available to me in the middle of the pitch after the clearance. Then watch Kagawa - who let me say is Messi-like in this game - setup for an easy 1-2. Note that there are 5 - FIVE! - Spurs defenders in the vicinity and this simple play rips them apart. So simple, no skill involved on my part.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI 3

The AI in this game is so shockingly poor I am in absolute disbelief it was released in this state. It was really bad last year, but with the attacking side of the game getting even better, the game is even more open than ever.

I'm utterly shocked and disappointed - I take no real pleasure in such a simple, mindless depiction of football, where the spectacular is made routine, even if it's pretty to look at.

# 131 gopher_guy @ 09/24/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.

Here's several videos showing how bad it is. This is me (Dortmund) against the CPU (Spurs) on LEGENDARY difficulty.

Watch how easy this counter-attack is. Also note how the Spurs CB makes NO challenge at all in the box before I shoot. And then of course I miss because EA have added so much shot error this year (which they've had to do because of the tons of easy chances being created).

Then there's this next one. Look at the space afforded me. This is on Legendary and yet the Spurs players make little effort to close me down. Then see how crazy easy the 1-2 pass is because TWO Spurs defenders just watch me zip by them. And then of course another wild miss with a top player not under pressure.

This one might be the worst. First look at the ACRES of space available to me in the middle of the pitch after the clearance. Then watch Kagawa - who let me say is Messi-like in this game - setup for an easy 1-2. Note that there are 5 - FIVE! - Spurs defenders in the vicinity and this simple play rips them apart. So simple, no skill involved on my part.

The AI in this game is so shockingly poor I am in absolute disbelief it was released in this state. It was really bad last year, but with the attacking side of the game getting even better, the game is even more open than ever.

I'm utterly shocked and disappointed - I take no real pleasure in such a simple, mindless depiction of football, where the spectacular is made routine, even if it's pretty to look at.
As a Spurs fan, I can confirm that this is not poor AI. Very real and authentic Spurs defending.

# 132 mfp @ 09/24/14 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
As a Spurs fan, I can confirm that this is not poor AI. Very real and authentic Spurs defending.
hahaha. If only other teams were any better in the game.

# 133 bad_philanthropy @ 09/24/14 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp

You using manual passing? I find this sort of pinpoint counter much harder to execute on all manual.

# 134 Und Lahm @ 09/24/14 08:06 PM
I've played about 10 games on WC now, and overall I'm pretty pleased. WC is quite challenging.

Pros:

- The offensive side of the game is quite exciting. Lots of good runs by my AI team mates (mind you, it helps to have Ribery and Robben).
- Team mate AI on the defensive side is also improved. I've seen them make some tackles on their own. Now and then they actually cover someone, too.
- CPU fouls.

Cons:

- I do find that the CPU has a slight agility advantage (or maybe it is less affected by momentum), which it exploits with the constant dribbling, turning, and juking by even average players. Sometimes this gets nauseating...
- Can't customize quick tactics anymore. Seriously, WTF. Now we can only customize one tactic!!!
- The ninja toe poke tackle still happens a lot more than I would like.
- Keepers are strangely inconsistent.

So so:

- I do like some of the new tactical options.
- But I dislike the fact that I can't set man-marking options for all my players, anymore. For example, I can't set my wingers to man-mark the opposing FBs.

# 135 BL8001 @ 09/24/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Und Lahm

Cons:

- I do find that the CPU has a slight agility advantage (or maybe it is less affected by momentum), which it exploits with the constant dribbling, turning, and juking by even average players. Sometimes this gets nauseating...

- The ninja toe poke tackle still happens a lot more than I would like.
Great observations.
I quoted the legacy gameplay issues I wish they would eliminate from the game.

I hate the toe poke with a passion, and on par with that is the terrible defending where the cpu puts his boot into your shooting boot. This happens so rarely IRL and there is a reason, no fool defender wants a broken foot or ankle. But nobody told that to EA's defenders. It's so stupid when they kick your shooting boot. What should happen is they plant the foot in front of the shot and its deflected. Because no smart player kicks the shooting boot more than once playing this sport.

In this photo I wound up and kicked and the cpu put his boot into my boot just as I was coming down to strike the ball.

I broke his ankle except nope, and he bashed my foot into my plant foot causing the ball to fly 5 feet around 1mph.

Anybody you know able to turn their foot 90 degrees to their knee going forward? Me either.

If this had resulted in him being stretchered off I wouldn't have a problem with it. But instead he ran forward and got the ball like nothing happened while my player fell over his feet and crumpled to the ground.

Despite the fact his foot absorbed the energy of the strike.

So many physically impossible things happening...

# 136 mfp @ 09/24/14 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
You using manual passing? I find this sort of pinpoint counter much harder to execute on all manual.
No, I'm using default settings. I could play with manual and I could tweak the hell out of the sliders, but none of it would make the AI any better.

# 137 gopher_guy @ 09/24/14 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
No, I'm using default settings. I could play with manual and I could tweak the hell out of the sliders, but none of it would make the AI any better.
But it would make it much, much harder to counter like that. Which, in the end, is what you're looking for, right?

# 138 mfp @ 09/24/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
But it would make it much, much harder to counter like that. Which, in the end, is what you're looking for, right?
No, I'm looking for halfway decent defensive AI. I'm not interested in handicapping myself to make up for horrible programming. I no longer enjoy manual and the answer to poor AI shouldn't be to introduce greater error in passing.

This is really basic stuff that we shouldn't be having to deal with considering the resources at EA's disposal. The fact that they spent all that time on emotion - which the devs even confirmed has absolutely ZERO impact on gameplay and is purely cosmetic - and didn't fix the defensive AI issues from last year is massively frustrating.

Besides, playing manual doesn't do anything to address the AI of your teammates. If the CPU is terrible at defending due to AI issues, it means your team is affected as well.

# 139 KG @ 09/24/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp

In the Kagawa video it looked like the Spurs defender tried to step up and catch you in an offsides trap BUT when they do that in the game they immediately raise their hands and look at the linesman which none of the backline did. That is suspect.

# 140 BL8001 @ 09/24/14 09:21 PM
Mfp,

Pc, Xbox one or ps4? Which one are you playing on?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.