Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 player ratings for the top 5 point guards in the game. How does your top 5 list look compared to this one?
  • Chris Paul - 94 Overall
  • Stephen Curry - 92 Overall
  • Russell Westbrook - 91 Overall
  • John Wall - 90 Overall
  • Damian Lillard - 89 Overall
Below is the release date schedule for the rest of the ratings.
  • 9/24 – Top 5 SGs
  • 9/25 – Top 5 SFs
  • 9/26 – Top 5 PFs
  • 9/27 – Top 5 Cs
  • 9/28 – Top 5 3Pt Shooters
  • 9/29 – Top 5 Dunkers
  • 9/30 – Top 5 Ballhandlers
  • 10/1 – Top 5 Shot Blockers
  • 10/2 – Top 5 Overall Defenders
  • 10/3 – Top 5 Scoring Threats
  • 10/4 – Top 5 Rookies
  • 10/5 – Top 5 Passers
  • 10/6 – Top 5 Rebounders
  • 10/7 – Top 5 Steal Threats
  • 10/8 – Top 5 Fastest Players
  • 10/9 – Top 5 Dynamic Duos
  • 10/10 – Top 5 6th Men
  • 10/11 – Full Team Ratings (Atlantic Division)
  • 10/12 – Full Team Ratings (Central Division)
  • 10/13 – Full Team Ratings (Southeast Division)
  • 10/14 – Full Team Ratings (Northwest Division)
  • 10/15 – Full Team Ratings (Pacific Division)
  • 10/16 – Full Team Ratings (Southwest Division)
Read the full press release below.

Today the first ratings were release for NBA LIVE 15 as the Top 5 Point Guards were revealed. Leading the way with the top overall rating is the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul (94), a versatile player who’s a threat to pass or shoot on any given play. Rounding out the ranks of the elite point guards are Steph Curry (92), Russell Westbrook (91), John Wall (90) and a 3-way tie between Derrick Rose, Tony Parker and NBA LIVE 15 cover athlete Damian Lillard, all coming in at 89 overall. New top players will be revealed every day on the NBA LIVE 15 Ratings Hub.

Player ratings in NBA LIVE 15 will be updated throughout the regular season; and player tendencies, powered by Synergy Sports Technologies, are updated after each game throughout the NBA season. These updates allow NBA LIVE 15 to provide an experience that is constantly evolving as a player’s performance evolves based on what is happening in the real-world NBA.

NBA LIVE 15 arrives with the most photo-realistic visuals in franchise history and 500+ core gameplay improvements delivering a truly fluid, fun and authentic basketball gaming experience. Reimagined visuals drop you courtside alongside the game’s biggest stars. See the intensity on a player’s face as he nails a game-winner, or the frustration of a heart-wrenching loss. All-new real-time physics on dunks and layups replicate some of the NBA’s most amazing physical plays, letting you posterize your opponent or deny his attempt at the rim. Add into the mix always-connected online game modes and LIVE’s Synergy Sports partnership and you’ll never miss a beat during the NBA season with new content updated daily, all season long.

NBA LIVE 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on October 28 for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jakeness23 @ 09/23/14 11:34 PM
Looks like they're rating them high to please the players. Same problem that Madden has.

# 42 Redskinsfan26 @ 09/24/14 12:20 AM
Looks like NBA Live counted defense into their ratings, which is why Wall is ahead of Lillard and Kyrie. Wall is a better passer, rebounder, and defender that both of them, and shot a better field goal percentage than Kyrie last year. Wall is a full step ahead of both of them imo.

Lillard I guess I can see more of a debate for, but Kyrie? Dude got his team NOWHERE in a terrible conference and he himself regressed statistically last year. At least Wall and Lillard got their teams to the 2nd round.

# 43 gamingsinceatari @ 09/24/14 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
Looks like NBA Live counted defense into their ratings, which is why Wall is ahead of Lillard and Kyrie. Wall is a better passer, rebounder, and defender that both of them, and shot a better field goal percentage than Kyrie last year. Wall is a full step ahead of both of them imo.

Lillard I guess I can see more of a debate for, but Kyrie? Dude got his team NOWHERE in a terrible conference and he himself regressed statistically last year. At least Wall and Lillard got their teams to the 2nd round.
If they counted defense then how do you justify Curry's rating? He is the most overrated out of all of them. People talk ish aboyt Kyrie's defense but never mentions Curry's. To me curry is only slightly better than kyrie but not by much.

# 44 grodbetatted @ 09/24/14 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
If they counted defense then how do you justify Curry's rating? He is the most overrated out of all of them. People talk ish aboyt Kyrie's defense but never mentions Curry's. To me curry is only slightly better than kyrie but not by much.
Well statistically speaking steph curry was probably one of the best pgs in the league last year... So i agree with the ratings. John wall took his team to the second round and statistically was better than kyrie, so to say that kyrie should be rated above him is foolery. Damien Lillard is super clutch, so I agree with him being an 89. Tony Parker I like his rating as well because he isnt great in any one aspect but instead decent in everything

# 45 whoahello @ 09/24/14 02:23 AM
1.Chris Paul
2.Deron Williams
3.Derrick Rose
4.Tony Parker
5.Rajon Rondo

# 46 Redskinsfan26 @ 09/24/14 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
Because Curry more than makes up for it with his playmaking ability. One of the best scoring point guards of our generation, and will put up 8+ assists per game as well. Not to mention, his defense doesn't seem to completely limit the Warriors as a whole, as they ranked in the top 10 oppg last year.

# 47 Playmakers @ 09/24/14 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
1.Chris Paul
2.Deron Williams
3.Derrick Rose
4.Tony Parker
5.Rajon Rondo
Are you serious ranking fat boy D.Will in the top 5? The Nets offense operated much better under S.Livingston last year at Pg

# 48 cdk10 @ 09/24/14 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
1.Chris Paul
2.Deron Williams
3.Derrick Rose
4.Tony Parker
5.Rajon Rondo
Is this a ranking from 4 years ago??

# 49 Ms88420 @ 09/24/14 05:39 AM
how about some god dam gameplay footage cmon EA lets cut the crap already time to grow some balls.

# 50 nick_sr @ 09/24/14 06:48 AM
We already have 4 player's with a 90 or better rating, curious to see how many more we get.

I say 10 players

# 51 ifitbeginsitends @ 09/24/14 07:05 AM
I just want some gameplay footage already, but ill play along to be a good sport. I wonder what Melo will be rated? I say 91. I'll bet a $50.00 donation to O.S. on it. if he is I want supporter rights for free!

# 52 Ms88420 @ 09/24/14 07:18 AM
melo will at least be 93/94

# 53 ifitbeginsitends @ 09/24/14 07:24 AM
I hope so but I feel like live always ranks him lower than he deserves, it doesn't matter what number they give him though, I will beast with him like he's a 100!

# 54 JayAtkHar @ 09/24/14 09:58 AM
This is nba live ppl , not 2k they rate players differently

# 55 gamingsinceatari @ 09/24/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Well statistically speaking steph curry was probably one of the best pgs in the league last year... So i agree with the ratings. John wall took his team to the second round and statistically was better than kyrie, so to say that kyrie should be rated above him is foolery. Damien Lillard is super clutch, so I agree with him being an 89. Tony Parker I like his rating as well because he isnt great in any one aspect but instead decent in everything

We are talking OVERALL not statistically. Listen I know what Curry excels at and and what he doesn't (and i never said kyrie should be rated above him). If he was rated correctly he would be rated high in scoring and passing and rated low on defense. Which would not result in such a high OVERALL rating. Which makes me think he is overrated in some areas. Many of you think playoff and team success automatically should raise a player's OVERALL rating, but that's not the case. Makes me further appreciate the fact that I can edit the 2k rosters whenever I want.

# 56 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/24/14 10:43 AM
It's a new rating formula . We don't know how or what the individual numbers are and how they affect the overall

# 57 King_B_Mack @ 09/24/14 11:10 AM
Let's just hope they actually stick to their schedule this year and not try to convince us that we haven't seen their release schedule already.

# 58 arkhamRejek @ 09/24/14 11:33 AM
woah no kyrie Irving

# 59 P-Dub @ 09/24/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamRejek
woah no kyrie Irving
Especially since he was on the cover last year.

# 60 SaintBrees @ 09/24/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Exact my point about parker. Don't understand why ppl tend to throw in rings when the discussion is about ratings.

Obviously Parker would be ranked the highest if we we're talking about it all time

Laughing at all the ppl on twitter talkingaabout they won't buy live because of ratings loo
Ok one thing you're not taking into account is stats don't tell the whole story. Of course Parker isn't going to average 20 & 10 in pops system. First off he doesn't play enough minutes and second the ball gets pass around so much Parker isn't needed to put up those kind of numbers. But, he can on any given night he needs to. And I didn't say I'm not buying live just on one rating, I said it was one reason of many. Live has been irrelevant since the ps2 days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.