Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Pharrell Williams posted this short video clip of himself in NBA 2K15, meeting up with Ronnie2K in MyCAREER mode.

Quote:
#YourTimeHasCome to meet me in @2K #NBA2K15. New face scan technology will make it possible for us to meet face-to-face in one scene.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lilteapot @ 09/23/14 11:15 PM
The new voice sounds really derpy lol

# 2 Clappington @ 09/23/14 11:15 PM
Lol if we can rock that hat on our myplayer MAN! i'd be hype as ever.

# 3 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/23/14 11:16 PM
Did they really have to add the hat? Lol...looks good though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 JayAtkHar @ 09/23/14 11:22 PM
As a fan if Pharrell that is so ****ing sick

# 5 lakers24 @ 09/23/14 11:23 PM
Sigh. See, this is the mycareer stuff I think they could/should avoid. It's cool and what not, but this is what makes it cheesy as hell because it's beyond forced.
They could've just had the commentary team mention he's at the game prior to tip off like they do irl and had a shot of you going over to him OR he could've been met OFF THE COURT while you were doing some endorsement like a basketball commercial(cough*TNT playoffs commercial*cough)

# 6 rbfn04 @ 09/23/14 11:28 PM
That's genius!

# 7 VDusen04 @ 09/23/14 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Sigh. See, this is the mycareer stuff I think they could/should avoid. It's cool and what not, but this is what makes it cheesy as hell because it's beyond forced.
They could've just had the commentary team mention he's at the game prior to tip off like they do irl and had a shot of you going over to him OR he could've been met OFF THE COURT while you were doing some endorsement like a basketball commercial(cough*TNT playoffs commercial*cough)
I didn't want to be the one to say it this time around so I appreciate you taking the lead here. His presence could have been cool for me if it were done in a more realistic manner. If I saw a high resolution Pharrell on the sidelines during the game, simply watching, or shown during a celebrity camera pan shortly after a time-out, or numerous other legitimate means, I actually think it could be pretty darn neat.

Instead, at risk of sounding repetitive, the current implementation makes me cringe due to corniness. Add to that, my MyPlayer being required to talk to Pharrell in that fashion is yet another portion that breaks the immersion.

That said, I understand many folks enjoy this aspect and I respect that. I'll say, I'm at least thankful this type of approach has not necessarily continued in other portions of the game. Thank goodness MyLeague, for instance, does not feature this stuff. Still, I wish MyPlayer were going the realistic route of its origin in 2K10 and 2K11.

# 8 Goffs @ 09/23/14 11:31 PM
Came in here for the hat...was not disappointed...

# 9 Rell7thirty @ 09/23/14 11:31 PM
This is really cool. It would be awesome to see other celebrities even if you can't talk to them (Spike Lee at Knick games, Nicholson At Lakers games, Billy Crystal at Clippers games, Mark Cuban at Mave games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
The new voice sounds really derpy lol
My thoughts exactly. I hope they have different sets of voices, because this one is honestly more annoying than last years.. And he said two sentences.

Reminds me of kids who try to act like they're "down". I hope we have different voice choices this year, because I'm not going to be happy with this one. It's not the voice per say, it's just his manner of speaking.

Anyway, enough of that, I don't want to sound like a complainer.

Cool vid. Nice surprise

# 10 Bowinkle08 @ 09/23/14 11:35 PM
that aint eem sound like pharrell

# 11 BEARYChi @ 09/23/14 11:35 PM
Mike Wang with the Steve Jobs attire.

# 12 Phreezy P @ 09/23/14 11:35 PM
LOL I can't take Pharrell seriously with that hat.

# 13 Clappington @ 09/23/14 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
As a Former ball boy for the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets This was very realistic I've seen players and rappers meet right before the game and after heck even in between a game like during a timeout type deal. So how is this cheesey and beyond forced?

# 14 VDusen04 @ 09/23/14 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
As a Former ball boy for the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets This was very realistic I've seen players and rappers meet right before the game and after heck even in between a game like during a timeout type deal. So how is this cheesey and beyond forced?
I would say, it's the forced nature with which two poor voice actors read an awful script that immediately halts the feel of any sort of immersion for players who are using their own likeness only to watch them talk and interact in a manner that 1) makes one cringe and 2) has little in common with what one of those types of interactions (if one even wanted to initiate that interaction) would sound like.

As I mentioned earlier, I understand folks liking this exactly as it is and I respect that. But for a lot of people, it's rough to watch and endure.

# 15 Daddy123 @ 09/24/14 12:28 AM
Mike Wang looking like Steve Urkel with those pants so high

# 16 spidertour02 @ 09/24/14 12:40 AM
Pharrell needs to give Dudley Do-Right his hat back.

# 17 lakers24 @ 09/24/14 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I know it happens, I'm not saying it doesn't. The way they replicate this in the game is REALLY uncomfortable and hard to watch. THIS is the stuff that bothers people about the "story" not to mention this has 0 to do with the story and is just there for the "cool" factor. It can be less intrusive like it is when you watch it on tv. They show them interacting but you don't get some terrible script and voice acting to go along with it.
This is the same problem I have with the "pre game speech." It'd be A LOT more believable if it was in the tunnel before they run out.

# 18 2_headedmonster @ 09/24/14 12:56 AM
the audio is TERRIBLE. sounds like they're on a sedative in a broom closet instead of in an nba arena.

# 19 2_headedmonster @ 09/24/14 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
That was kinda lame but im not expecting a hollywood production in a basketball game. I think some people are taking this way too seriously, im still in aww just to have something like this in a sports game.
gameplay and ratings are my focus, but Nba 2k14 sold 7 million copies. i expect better than 'condenser mic-in- the-closet' quality.

# 20 Barbatrucco @ 09/24/14 01:15 AM
Oh sure, this is a really fundamental news, Pharrell Williams who talks with Ronnie2K on the Two Chief World Systems. We 360 / PS3 users expect from weeks news about NBA 2K15 oold gen these here
posting a video of Pharrell Williams with Ronnie2K ...

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.