Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Pharrell Williams posted this short video clip of himself in NBA 2K15, meeting up with Ronnie2K in MyCAREER mode.

Quote:
#YourTimeHasCome to meet me in @2K #NBA2K15. New face scan technology will make it possible for us to meet face-to-face in one scene.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Guapo516 @ 09/24/14 01:22 AM
Sound like they in barber shop! Lol looks amazing, idk if I care for stuff like this but I am an individual and I'm sure many besides me will love the it. It's realistic to the my player mode, this is what happens at the games. It's a nice touch, they can really focus on these details, since the gameplay won't need any huge or drastic changes for years to come, only tweaks, after last years changes. This is really cool I'm not a my player guy but this is definitely the beginning of something revolutionary in sports gaming. Now if online can work close to flawlessly, then they'll never have real competition, but if I can't enjoy online this year idk I may have to invest in both games if the other is any good

# 22 nddot @ 09/24/14 04:54 AM
this is so unecessary imo. but oh well...let them cook

# 23 bumpyface @ 09/24/14 05:11 AM
Can I see a video showcasing gameplay improvements? Sigh.

# 24 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/14 06:04 AM
Lol, this is just one of those things where I say "cool" and move on....I personally don't need Morgan Freeman narrating with John Williams composing the score on MyCAREER....as long as it's fun, little things like this are just nice touches...

# 25 Cabish @ 09/24/14 06:49 AM
Who the hell is in the pink tshirt with those ridiculous skinny jeans on lmaooooooo homo erected being pushed in every form of media,

# 26 kadzier @ 09/24/14 07:16 AM
ugh, more unnecessary corny B-movie acting. A Pharrell cameo is cool and all but does it have to be in such a cheesy forced manner?

Also what if my player actually isn't making a name for himself but is still fighting for minutes on the bench? Will this scene be skipped or will the story once again assume I'm playing like I'm destined to be the next MJ?

# 27 Finepanther @ 09/24/14 07:33 AM
Anyone else worried we still haven't seen legit gameplay by the producers, no demo, and zero substantial info on MyCareer? Besides the "story" how is MyPlayer any different this year from an actual interactive standpoint?

# 28 @marcusjiles @ 09/24/14 07:44 AM
This is something you really cant hate on. Like, what other game is giving you this? Does this move the needle for me? Not really as I imagine he's the only celebrity in the game (If Jay-Z were in this, my mind might blow) but you cant say anything negative about this. It's different. They went the extra mile when they didnt have to.

# 29 TCFClemson @ 09/24/14 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol, this is just one of those things where I say "cool" and move on....I personally don't need Morgan Freeman narrating with John Williams composing the score on MyCAREER....as long as it's fun, little things like this are just nice touches...

lol you give me Morgan Freeman narrating and I will pay 120 bucks for the game.

# 30 kadzier @ 09/24/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
This is something you really cant hate on. Like, what other game is giving you this? Does this move the needle for me? Not really as I imagine he's the only celebrity in the game (If Jay-Z were in this, my mind might blow) but you cant say anything negative about this. It's different. They went the extra mile when they didnt have to.
I'm not sure I agree; the loss of immersion and the overall contribution to the silly fantasy atmosphere (as opposed to the realistic atmosphere) is a net negative to me.

If he showed up during my first endorsement event, fine. You can do celebrity cameos other ways and have hem fit in. But this particular scene brings to mind shades of the ridiculous one on one meetings with Lebron before the games in 2K14.

# 31 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/24/14 08:17 AM
Speaking of immersion, it really kinda kills it with the two voices that they offer us to use. It's like they purposefully try to stereotype how basketball players speak... it's almost insulting.

# 32 JasonMartin @ 09/24/14 08:33 AM
It's more than obvious which direction 2K is going with all these cheesy stuff. Even though they add SIM guys like Smoove, Czar and such, it's so confusing and painful to watch.

All I'm asking for is the type of MyPlayer 2K11 had, work from there, no stupid or weird gimmicks or endorsements or fixed storylines. This is made for 14 year olds.

# 33 kadzier @ 09/24/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Speaking of immersion, it really kinda kills it with the two voices that they offer us to use. It's like they purposefully try to stereotype how basketball players speak... it's almost insulting.
I'm actually okay with the voices, it's not insulting to me, I understand why it might be off putting for suburban white kids or whatever but the NBA is over 70% black. It's the actual writing quality and voice acting that insults me more. Its like they hired some high school drama class kids to deliver some of these lines.

# 34 Bornindamecca @ 09/24/14 09:22 AM
This is fun. First, I wanna step back and appreciate that we're in a time where your personal, 3D animated self can meet Pharrell's 3D animated self during your basketball fantasy in a video game. That's ridiculous.

I understand the concerns about "cheese." Here is a more elegant solution(possibly): Have the player able to walk over to Celebrity Row during the warmups a high profile game. If the player CHOOSES, they can skip this, do the layup line(shoutouts College Hoops) or meet their celebrity friends. In MyCareer, you can only do this to people who have followed you on Twitter.

If you wanna go nuts, you can have a yearly musical guest do the half-time show at ASG the first weekend your MyCareer player becomes and All Star. That's just me being crazy though.

# 35 Clappington @ 09/24/14 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
.If you wanna go nuts, you can have a yearly musical guest do the half-time show at ASG the first weekend your MyCareer player becomes and All Star. That's just me being crazy though.
Cant do that, people will find a way to complain about that and call it cheesy. Never seen so many grown men act like another gender and start all that complaining over everything 2k does RIGHT.

# 36 Bornindamecca @ 09/24/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Cant do that, people will find a way to complain about that and call it cheesy. Never seen so many grown men act like another gender and start all that complaining over everything 2k does RIGHT.
1) If it's well done, the people crying cheese will be in the vocal minority. All it takes is good directing, as you have the option to choose a previous master to make a digital performance with.

2)the amount of attention from casual, on the fence and non-fans would be very positive, as having a video game exclusive music vid would be bananas.

# 37 jadert @ 09/24/14 09:35 AM
Why are we analyzing this so deeply? It's just a cool extra. Like an Easter Egg in a game. It doesn't effect the game or gameplay in any way. If you don't like it cool, move on. If you do, show your friends and then move on. It's just a little extra. You know how 2K does. We don't have to analyze everything to the death. I mean, if it was gameplay or features in a mode etc. I understand but wow.

# 38 vito100 @ 09/24/14 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Why are we analyzing this so deeply? It's just a cool extra. Like an Easter Egg in a game. It doesn't effect the game or gameplay in any way. If you don't like it cool, move on. If you do, show your friends and then move on. It's just a little extra. You know how 2K does. We don't have to analyze everything to the death. I mean, if it was gameplay or features in a mode etc. I understand but wow.
Exactly!!! They act like its the end of the world... This place used to have sensible comments it's getting ridiculous now.

# 39 riichiieriich @ 09/24/14 11:12 AM
That hat makes him look like an idiot.

# 40 kadzier @ 09/24/14 11:13 AM
Not exactly deep analysis to recognize the continuation of an unfortunate trend that was pervasive all throughout 2K14.

It's totally possible to have celebrity cameos and cool extras and voice acted dialogue without it being forced or unrealistic. 2K seems not to have figured it out yet however.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.