Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As most of you were already aware, NBA 2K15 features many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER mode.

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer, showcasing some of the things you will see and hear in the mode.

Read the full press release below.

2K today released a new gameplay trailer unveiling all-new features in MyCAREER in NBA 2K15. In NBA 2K15's MyCAREER, your journey will include encounters with player mentors from every NBA team in the league, as well as coaching from Doc Rivers, head coach of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers and one of the best coaches in the history of the NBA.

New in NBA 2K15’s MyCAREER mode:
  • Mentors: No matter what team you want to play for, you will have NBA players teach you the ropes. With every NBA team, you will learn how to play smart basketball with any team you choose.
  • Coach Satisfaction: A brand new gameplay system, coach satisfaction is a real-time analysis of how users are playing. Not only are you graded on your quality as a teammate, but you must satisfy Coach Doc Rivers as well.
  • Upgrade System: A completely reinvented upgrade system where specialties matter more than ever.
  • Badges: Earn badges based on how you play, and raise them from bronze to silver to gold.
  • Simulate or Play: You can decide whether you want to simulate or play every game. Get credit based upon the team you play against, including VC and badges.
  • Endorsements: Completing challenges gives you the opportunity to get endorsement and VC.
  • Championship: Show off a championship ring in MyPark.
In NBA 2K15's MyCAREER, your journey will include mentors from every NBA team in the league. Guiding you as you progress in your MyCAREER, watch these examples of the authentic interaction you can expect in NBA 2K15.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 23 @ 09/25/14 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433

Sheesh.

This is the only mode I play, and this slow release of info isn't building my anticipation, it's making me mad.
Yes sir indeed

# 82 I Djm @ 09/25/14 01:23 AM
You know what else would make this mode good

Alternate jerseys 😭

# 83 lakers24 @ 09/25/14 01:30 AM
Best news this week is definitely being able to SIM games now lol

# 84 Taer @ 09/25/14 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Best news this week is definitely being able to SIM games now lol
I, like Leftos, enjoy playing every one of the games every season.

I know, I'm in the minority in this one

# 85 Kirsome @ 09/25/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I, like Leftos, enjoy playing every one of the games every season.

I know, I'm in the minority in this one
I do the same, but when you play 12min quarters and are forced to play 40+ minutes per game, it takes forever to finish one career. I hope they've improved that this year.

# 86 biatch0 @ 09/25/14 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
  • Coach Satisfaction: A brand new gameplay system, coach satisfaction is a real-time analysis of how users are playing. Not only are you graded on your quality as a teammate, but you must satisfy Coach Doc Rivers as well.
What would be awesome is the ability for you to grade your own team mates as well... Kemba Walker charged into the paint for the 3rd time in a row getting blocked by 4 guys at the same time (that sounds like a euphemism but it isn't)... you press a button and he gets a negative team mate grade. Cody Zeller got hit by an ankle breaker by... an invisible ninja? Press a button and he gets a negative team mate grade. After awhile, they add up and idiot team mates get less minutes (which hopefully isn't your entire team).

Another alternative is to have those electric training collars they use on pets... press a button to electrocute your team mate every time they do something stupid. Even if they continue to do stupid things, I'd be happy to continue tolerating the dumb things they do if I could see them writhing on the floor in agony

# 87 I Djm @ 09/25/14 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I bet after all this 2k might just get rid of the mode after all the complaints. Jeez... I actually like the new additions but I've learned the loud majority (even when wrong and iver dramatic) rules

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
2k wont change anything until sales reflect it we're the minority so you guys will have cut scenes for years

# 88 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/25/14 07:05 AM
I'm looking forward to my career but for goodness sake I hope the A.I isn't cheesy this year

# 89 kadzier @ 09/25/14 07:24 AM
A bit confused about the Doc Rivers thing. Is this another case of linear storyline where every MyPlayer will play for the clippers at one point? Or are they just specifically mentioning that his voice will be in the game, if you happen to choose the Clippers? seems a little ambiguous.

# 90 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/25/14 07:40 AM
Man please let Matt Bonner be the spurs mentor...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 91 dpower15 @ 09/25/14 10:12 AM
I'm sorry but would it kill them to add a voice of someone that speaks with a bit less of a "accent"? Most players these days are very well spoken and the voice this year as well as every other year sounds more like a rapper than a ball player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 92 shegotgame @ 09/25/14 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
As most of you were already aware, NBA 2K15 features many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER mode.

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer, showcasing some of the things you will see and hear in the mode.

Read the full press release below.

2K today released a new gameplay trailer unveiling all-new features in MyCAREER in NBA 2K15. In NBA 2K15's MyCAREER, your journey will include encounters with player mentors from every NBA team in the league, as well as coaching from Doc Rivers, head coach of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers and one of the best coaches in the history of the NBA.

New in NBA 2K15’s MyCAREER mode:[list][*]Mentors: No matter what team you want to play for, you will have NBA players teach you the ropes. With every NBA team, you will learn how to play smart basketball with any team you choose.
Does mean what I think it means (straight to the BK Nets for myPlayer -- in my case?)

(Haven't had a chance to view the entire thread of watch the trailer; I was so excited by that sentence.)

# 93 KDurant35 @ 09/25/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
A bit confused about the Doc Rivers thing. Is this another case of linear storyline where every MyPlayer will play for the clippers at one point? Or are they just specifically mentioning that his voice will be in the game, if you happen to choose the Clippers? seems a little ambiguous.

I think Doc Rivers was just used as an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 94 King_B_Mack @ 09/25/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
2k wont change anything until sales reflect it we're the minority so you guys will have cut scenes for years
And yet 2K14 was their best selling title to date and here we are with a whole heaping of change in 2K15. Imagine that.

# 95 dpower15 @ 09/25/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
This voice of this 2nd guy is painfully Awful. Smh.

As a (college educated) black male... it would be nice to have just ONE 'normal' sounding voice actor to choose from, who can speak properly (minus all the slang).

Just One.

Whether he sounds like a young Larry Bird, or Michael Jordan... doesn't matter to me.

As long as he sounds like he actually 'attended' a bit of college.

The real-life pro ballers sound better than the MyPlayer voice actors, imo.

Meanwhile this new guy 'struggle reads' all his lines and sounds like he grew up in the 'projects' & never passed high school-level English. Smh.

Dwayne Wade, Tim Duncan, Lebron James, or the majority of superstars in the NBA never sound like this in any interviews I've ever seen. Smh.

The whole concept is cool.. But the 'execution' needs ALOT of improvement.

Next year in 2k16, 2k could keep these stereotypes... But they should add some choices who sound like they have actually READ a few books and SMASHED their SATs.

Plus add 1 or 2 voice actors who have 'foreign' accents, like Tony Parker, or Manu Ginobli, or Detlev Shrempf, or Danilo Galinari, or whatever.

Give the gamers more & better 'options' to choose from.

Not everyone wants to sound like they just left 'the block' and jumped into the NBA. Some of us create players who finish 4 years of college before turning pro.

Just saying.

This puts perfectly how I feel about the voice for MyCareer. It has nothing to do with me being white and wanting my player to sound "like a white guy". It's just about the guy sounding a little more educated and cordial when he speaks rather than like a guy straight off the street.

I don't care if he sounds like Jordan, Bird, LeBron, Steve Nash, or any other player that speaks well. I just want him to come across more intelligent than saying "ya feel me" at the end of every sentence.

That being said while they couldn't label the voices White, Black, etc. all they have to do is say Voice 1, Voice 2 and so on. It's always been a guy that speaks more like a rapper than an educated ball player, I'd think adding an intelligent sounding voice would add immersion for a ton of their customer base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 96 I Djm @ 09/25/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
What is so wrong with cut scenes? Lol. Are they not allowed to get creative with the gamemode?
I rather not have them when many more things need to be addressed, but it is what it is

# 97 I Djm @ 09/25/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
And yet 2K14 was their best selling title to date and here we are with a whole heaping of change in 2K15. Imagine that.
Im talking about my career and the removal of cut scenes. As long as it keeps selling they wont have to worry about losing them

# 98 Melbournelad @ 09/26/14 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Of course you're not seriously saying "10 people on this board", but for you to imply that a LARGE majority of the fans of this mode didn't want to actually hear voices (or at LEAST see the lips moving instead of the head just bobbing) is ridiculous.

But the fact of the matter is that it was a highly requested feature and VC gave it to them. So, now you see what you get when you ask athletes to actually act instead of dunk and mean mug into a camera. So, as one of poster already said, get over it. If you don't like the voice acting, turn on subtitles and press MUTE. Problem solved.

Now, as for YOUR player and the voice actor(s) for it, I agree. I hate the WRITING. Feels like it's written by people that have no connection to the sport or it's culture. But that's fine as long as they can make a compelling story. I have my doubts to that as well. But at LEAST consult with people that do know the culture. Ask them to sit in on a rehearsal or review a script. Something.

And I love how a couple of people have related this "black" voice to being "uneducated". Really?
Noticed this as well. And why are people equating slang with "uneducated" or "stupid"? I know numerous intelligent people who use slang often.

# 99 Bornindamecca @ 09/26/14 12:22 PM
There is a difference between being educated and sounding educated. It'd be nice if 2k allowed you to make smart decisions and be that dude. There are several NBA players known for their IQ and demeanor, and we can't really play to that personality type yet. Shane Battier, Timmy are standouts in that regard.

It'd also allow us to mix it up and lean one way or another at different times and in different situations. I'm not even sure they need different voice actors. Just different options, rather than forcing such a narrow "type" onto us.

I'd love to talk to the content creators for this feature and pick their brains. I don't think it's either/or in terms of story freedom. There's some general compromise, but that's a given with the nature of the game.

The illusion of freedom in storytelling is not easy, but it's definitely there. Just have to make the decision to achieve that and offer it to your customers. If this community can make that known without trolling, whining and being insulting, 2k has shown a history of listening and adjusting.

Don't get written off as the vocal minority.

# 100 23 @ 09/26/14 12:26 PM
Books for consultant. .... make it happen 2k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.