Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Whenever the NBA 2K series is mentioned, the servers are without question, high on the hit list for complaints. In NBA 2K14, problems were still happening well into December last year.

Rob Jones, senior producer for NBA 2K15, mentioned in an interview with Polygon, that they put two of their top dogs on the network infrastructure.

Quote:
According to Jones, two of Visual Concepts' top engineers spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. The studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic as well as the way it delivers content to players. The developers also compartmentalized the various modes, so if connectivity for, say, MyTeam goes down, the problem hopefully won't prevent people from playing MyCareer. On the back end, NBA 2K15 will alert Visual Concepts' support staff as soon as a problem crops up. And it will give players error codes, so they'll be able to look up specific issues online.

Hopefully the servers hold up a lot better this year. We will find out on October 7th, when NBA 2K15 releases for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Jesus Shuttlesworth @ 10/07/14 05:00 PM
Lies!!!!!!

# 82 knick9 @ 10/07/14 05:03 PM
At least there's offline this year, but this has gotten beyond old.

# 83 reptilexcq @ 10/07/14 05:17 PM
What if online this year is worst than last year? I wonder what are they going to do about the engineers.

# 84 Eman5805 @ 10/07/14 06:03 PM
Still got some work to do. Upgrading attributes in MyCareer is a chore and a half.

# 85 mjg022 @ 10/07/14 06:26 PM
This is what happens when a company gets greedy. If we didn't have micro transactions, we wouldn't be having 75% of these issues. Who cares about the servers if people keep buying VC? I can't upgrade my player because I can't connect to your server? That is awful.

# 86 Clappington @ 10/07/14 06:28 PM
Just tryna play the Park but it doesnt work.. Got next isn't goign to workout.

# 87 Bornindamecca @ 10/07/14 09:35 PM
The new engineers are Isiah Thomas and James Dolan.

# 88 kiing 360 @ 10/07/14 09:40 PM
If you read the article about fixing the network structure you can cleary see in fine print it says "JK". They were just kidding fellas...

# 89 Superman38134 @ 10/07/14 11:53 PM
So working an entire development cycle on infastructure yields the same result as leaning back in a chair with your feet up on a desk and playing Candy Crush for an entire cycle would, huh? Who knew

# 90 ClevelandFan @ 10/08/14 12:06 AM
MAN THESE GUYS DID AN AWESOME JOB. 24 HOURS AND STILL NO ONLINE WOO

# 91 BrickAssist @ 10/08/14 12:17 AM
Honestly it's pretty hilarious how poor the launch has been; 2k servers borked, digital pre-orders not getting their codes, digital pre-orders being forced to redownload/install the entire 40+gb game...

I wonder what sort of face scan this guy would give, pretty sure it's a picture of one of their top engineers.

# 92 Hotobu @ 10/08/14 12:21 AM
I think the network is maintaned by the same people in charge of the face scan feature.

# 93 etched Chaos @ 10/08/14 12:23 AM
Perhaps if the most played mode wasn't forced into being online only, they might be able to alleviate some of the server issues.

# 94 Rob. D @ 10/08/14 12:40 AM
Online is in shambles right now ... same stuff for 6 straight years from a AAA title. Working in the IT field maybe I see things a little differently but I would love to meet the network engineers and see what they really know about scalability. I mean when they apparently had those guys up there for the community team up they had to be playing over LAN. Do they even do QA testing for these releases??

# 95 tray03 @ 10/08/14 01:32 AM
Now i actually believe only 2 guys worked on the online issues, and half a football team creating new ways to take more money from gamers with additional in game purchases. No reason to fix the online issues since there not profiting from it. Sad i even had to come to that conclusion, but the online experience is truly unacceptable and someone should be FIRED for telling there bossed we fixed online

# 96 OOO @ 10/08/14 01:36 AM
Really 2K?

# 97 nry20 @ 10/08/14 01:49 AM
You guys have no idea how funny this is.

Destiny, less than a month ago, broke every record for a launch. Most pre-orders, most copies bought that day, most people logging in at launch, most people playing in a day on their servers. 0 issues besides with MS that they had to patch later (was a MS code problem, not a server problem.)

Meanwhile, 2k sells half the copies and can't even stay up at launch, gets back up, can't even stay up again for 12 hours.

I told my friends for months I wouldn't spend anymore money on another 2k game because of their trash servers, they linked me that article, and then someone gameshared 2k with me. Still the same ****, just like I said it would be. You people who keep buying this companies games at launch are why this company gives 0 craps about actually fixing it. There was literally 4 months out of the games life in 2k14 where the parks BARELY FUNCTIONED, you could be on for 5 hours and get 2 games, and you're surprised that they can't get themselves together for this game?

Lmao. For real. Glad I didn't pay for this crap. What a joke.

edit:
The funnier thing is without turning on my console I can guarantee that myteam is up because that's their money maker. Rofl.

# 98 amedawg00 @ 10/08/14 02:38 AM
Played 8 ranked games tonight all lag free with no input lag. Maybe yall need to check your connections. Hope yall not on stealing that Starbucks wifi...lol. But seriously 2k should be commended. I haven't seen such smooth connectivity during release day....wellll...since never!...this post is holding up to the fire in my book.

# 99 nddot @ 10/08/14 02:41 AM
Well so much for the top engineers....Meanwhile LD2K and RONNIE 2K stay retweeting thing praising the game like everything is ok... coward like attitude.. AT LEAST ADRESS WHATS GOING ON ? Y'all dont think the community deserves it?

this is 2k for you great job guys...great job.

i hate the fact that i cant return this game cause i digitally preordered it

# 100 Hotobu @ 10/08/14 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg022
This is what happens when a company gets greedy. If we didn't have micro transactions, we wouldn't be having 75% of these issues. Who cares about the servers if people keep buying VC? I can't upgrade my player because I can't connect to your server? That is awful.
I'm sorry, but this logic fails. If anything micro transactions are an incredible incentive for them to get the servers working. It's one thing to get game sales, but if people are turned off by the experience then those micro transactions go bye bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Played 8 ranked games tonight all lag free with no input lag. Maybe yall need to check your connections. Hope yall not on stealing that Starbucks wifi...lol. But seriously 2k should be commended. I haven't seen such smooth connectivity during release day....wellll...since never!...this post is holding up to the fire in my book.
This has always been the mode that's suffered the least. As I said earlier 2K's had **** connectivity going back to 2K9 teamup mode, but even then quick match/ranked was fine. Same for the next game. Crew was GOD AWFUL, before the first match my player blacktop had a 0% chance of working(this is not an exaggeration), and teamup was just as bad as the year before. In spite of that quick match/ranked wasn't that bad.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.