Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted 44 details on NBA 2K15's presentation and gameplay, as well as MyCAREER, MyLEAGUE, MyTEAM and 2K Heroes modes. Below are some of the key items of interest, but be sure to read the entire list here.
  • A new create-a-player interface gives you more tools than ever before to create players you can place on NBA rosters. You can tweak everything from forehead and jawline to ears, eyes, and lips. Many of the facial features and hairstyles are pulled from other NBA players, so if you want to rock the Ginobli bald spot with the sharp Artest cheekbones you can.
  • After big plays, Visual Concepts has worked in new camera angles to highlight player reactions.
  • To improve the defense and make A.I. players look more in control, Visual Concepts fixed how they move in small spaces, making it look less frantic. They are much better at avoiding overreactions and react more fluidly when adjusting to offensive movement. Since they stay at home, it's easier to re-orient yourself when you switch to a new defender as well.
  • To help differentiate between teams after a set play breaks down, each one uses their true base set in NBA 2K15. Now when you play the Heat, which Jones jokes doesn't truly have a big (sorry Bosh), they will run a four-out one-in set. The Spurs, on the other hand, will have three-out two-in base set.
  • During your second year, Doc Rivers will take over as the head coach of your team. Players will have a more intense relationship with Rivers than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 King_B_Mack @ 09/25/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nb...-nba-2k15.aspx

Took a quick scan for some things we don't know:

--A new create-a-player interface gives you more tools than ever before to create players you can place on NBA rosters. You can tweak everything from forehead and jawline to ears, eyes, and lips. Many of the facial features and hairstyles are pulled from other NBA players, so if you want to rock the Ginobli bald spot with the sharp Artest cheekbones you can.

--During your second year, Doc Rivers will take over as the head coach of your team. Players will have a more intense relationship with Rivers than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis.

--To keep players from maxing out all their skills with 99 ratings, the developers are changing how you upgrade your player. Instead of micromanaging how points fall into individual attributes, you drop them into buckets based on specialties like perimeter shooting, dunking, defense, and passing. You can upgrade multiple buckets, but you have a limited amount of total upgrades. This creates more realistic progressions and guarantees that players max out in the low 90s overall instead of at 99.
Okay, now THAT'S a problem. I'm gonna need some more details on that one. Cause there is no reason that Doc Rivers should just be taking over any team that you play for in your second year.

# 2 godylla @ 09/25/14 11:53 AM
Interesting "Buckets" concept with the upgrading during MyCareer.

# 3 Trackball @ 09/25/14 11:54 AM
Apparently Doc Rivers is the new Larry Brown, moving from team to team at seemingly-random offseasons.

# 4 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/25/14 11:55 AM
Mentioned defenders will stay at home better. 2k14 defenders slid out the way for no reason at times .

# 5 jr2424 @ 09/25/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Okay, now THAT'S a problem. I'm gonna need some more details on that one. Cause there is no reason that Doc Rivers should just be taking over any team that you play for in your second year.
Totally agree. That one stood out to me. There are also some positive improvements. Tried to highlight them, but didn't like the Doc Rivers one.

# 6 oouie433 @ 09/25/14 11:58 AM
Quote:

--During your second year, Doc Rivers will take over as the head coach of your team. Players will have a more intense relationship with Rivers than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis.
W....

T....

F....

# 7 godylla @ 09/25/14 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It does seem really silly, but I'd rather have Doc Rivers over Flip Saunders as a coach in real life, so I'm not too upset about it!

# 8 jr2424 @ 09/25/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
It does seem really silly, but I'd rather have Doc Rivers over Flip Saunders as a coach in real life, so I'm not too upset about it!
I was gonna join the Spurs and as a big man and maybe get to play alongside Duncan but it would be odd not having Pop on the bench.

# 9 NxckBrxdlvy @ 09/25/14 12:02 PM
yeah thats definitely a problem. love doc to death, but theres reason on earth, or venus or mars, that he should just take over my team. what if my heat win the ship my first year???

lol nahhhh 2K outta line

# 10 ffaacc03 @ 09/25/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
To help differentiate between teams after a set play breaks down, each one uses their true base set in NBA 2K15. Now when you play the Heat, which Jones jokes doesn't truly have a big (sorry Bosh), they will run a four-out one-in set. The Spurs, on the other hand, will have three-out two-in base set.
This is great news, it is now tailored on a per team bases ... now I hope we can edit that, specially to account for roster movement or even change of coaches or philosophy.

THANKS Da-Czar.

Quote:
2KU has been enhanced with videos as well as the practice mode. Cover athlete Kevin Durant and other players have lent their voice to offer instructions.
Practice mode is back and enhanced, now lets hope this means Scrimaging on Leagues and practice plays are also back.

# 11 NxckBrxdlvy @ 09/25/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
yeeeahhh but youre a minny fan. no diss lol. but successful head coaches shouldnt be ousted by doc rivers cuz 2k said so

# 12 etched Chaos @ 09/25/14 12:08 PM
Ugh, not happy about the attributes for MyPlayer being capped even more. I actually want to make a superstar, I never play online, I don't play crew or MyPark, so my player being a 99 rated stud affects no-one else.

# 13 King_B_Mack @ 09/25/14 12:11 PM
There's no reason on Earth that Doc Rivers should be leaving the Los Angeles Clippers for the Minnesota Timberwolves or say the Kings or the Hawks or somebody like that. He definitely shouldn't be taking Pop's job or Thibs' or Carlisle's.

# 14 jaateloauto @ 09/25/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
I guess Rivers really wants to play for a winner, knowing most MyCareer seasons end up with the Larry O'Brien trophy.

This kind of makes me want to play for either the Clippers so that we can see completely absent Doc (with messages being delivered either through silent dialog or assistant coach) turn into suddenly a voiced one with a beef with out. Or get him back to the Celtics.

# 15 Teddy_Long @ 09/25/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nb...-nba-2k15.aspx
On-court visual enhancements include scanning close to 100 percent of the league players, including rookies.
going by the new trailer, deandre jordan, tiago splitter, and robin lopez still not scan. that's just boing by the trailer. lol

# 16 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/14 12:13 PM
Everything sounds great!

but that Doc Rivers blurb...SMH

# 17 BezO @ 09/25/14 12:15 PM
Quote:
The enhanced A.I. also opens up repeatable conditions. Once you learn its tendencies with your team you can force a specific movement by either putting the ball in a particular spot or making particular movements. This should help you create ad hoc scoring opportunities on the fly when you're running out of your base set instead of calling a play.

Points of emphasis return from last year, but in addition NBA 2K15 brings back the more granular strategy system from previous iterations that allow you to designate double teams and dictate how tight you want your players to guard specific threats on the opposing team.
My favorites.

# 18 VDusen04 @ 09/25/14 12:33 PM
1. I know it's been already mentioned weeks earlier, but I'm glad hair got some attention this year. Moving from the plastic wig is actually a big step in my opinion, even if it must still be refined as we move forward.

2. Liked this too:
Quote:
Many of the facial features and hairstyles are pulled from other NBA players, so if you want to rock the Ginobli bald spot with the sharp Artest cheekbones you can.
Hopefully there's still bases or randomizers as opposed to being required to sculpt entirely from scratch. It sounds like there will be

3. I'm also hoping "more context appropriate crowd reactions" leads to a step up in realism from the crowd, but I feel as though I've heard this assertion before.

4. Enjoyed this:
Quote:
To improve the defense and make A.I. players look more in control, Visual Concepts fixed how they move in small spaces, making it look less frantic. They are much better at avoiding overreactions and react more fluidly when adjusting to offensive movement. Since they stay at home, it's easier to re-orient yourself when you switch to a new defender as well.
I thought I heard you guys talking about some delayed reactions that may have occurred in some of the early videos because of this. If that is true, hopefully that can be shored up, because I am in favor of fluidty.

5. Also very glad to hear this. I miss the personality in player's ball-handling that left with iso-motion:
Quote:
All the players have their signature size-ups, which you can activate by tapping the right stick toward the rim while stationary.
6. Regarding MyPlayer, I think I likely made my position known on its current state of affairs. I actually really like the inclusion of the ability to simulate any game and felt it was long overdue. I thought the ability to skip would have been an easy way to retain realistic elements (the ol' D-League & company) without forcing players to go through them when they didn't want to. Also, new endorsements and the removal of "call for bad pass" should both be welcomed additions.

That said, obviously, the last thing I personally wanted to hear was "Last's years role-playing experience complete with cutscenes was a big hit with fans, so Visual Concepts is doubling down with another story." At least while not being a fan of eliminating the draft, I can understand it, for the freedom it provides gamers right from the start. But most of the other story elements do not resonate with me for various reasons already brought about. And that Doc Rivers portion, yikes.

# 19 reptilexcq @ 09/25/14 12:36 PM
I like to know if they expand on voice commands...that's one of the things i am interested in. It's nice to say "pick n' roll" on the mic and the game recognize it and run the play for me. It'll be great to have it ONINE.

# 20 luda06 @ 09/25/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
Totally agree. That one stood out to me. There are also some positive improvements. Tried to highlight them, but didn't like the Doc Rivers one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Apparently Doc Rivers is the new Larry Brown, moving from team to team at seemingly-random offseasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
W....

T....

F....

Quote:
Quote:
I was gonna join the Spurs and as a big man and maybe get to play alongside Duncan but it would be odd not having Pop on the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
yeah thats definitely a problem. love doc to death, but theres reason on earth, or venus or mars, that he should just take over my team. what if my heat win the ship my first year???

lol nahhhh 2K outta line
Is it safe to assume that Donald Sterling is still owner of the Clippers in the MyPlayer universe?

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.