Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 21st overall rated player through 30. The top 20 will be revealed soon. A list of all of the player ratings that have been released so far, can be seen here.
  • 21 87 Al Jefferson C CHA
  • 22 87 Rajon Rondo PG BOS
  • 23 86 Dwyane Wade SG MIA
  • 24 86 DeMarcus Cousins C SAC
  • 25 86 Kyrie Irving PG CLE
  • 26 86 John Wall PG WAS
  • 27 85 Kawhi Leonard SF SA
  • 28 85 DeMar DeRozan SG TOR
  • 29 85 Marc Gasol C MEM
  • 30 85 Kyle Lowry PG TOR
Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 vick4realz @ 09/26/14 11:44 PM
Rondoooooo

# 42 reptilexcq @ 09/27/14 12:22 AM
Rondo should not be 87...are you kidding me better than Demarcus Cousins? No way. Especially for someone that haven't played ball for over a year. He still have to prove himself again. I think he should be in the range of 80 - 85. If he is 87, then Kobe should be over 90.

# 43 thedream2k13 @ 09/27/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Rondo should not be 87...are you kidding me better than Demarcus Cousins? No way. Especially for someone that haven't played ball for over a year. He still have to prove himself again. I think he should be in the range of 80 - 85. If he is 87, then Kobe should be over 90.
you cant compare two different positions. Rondo will never block shots , play in post or rebound as counsins would and cousins will never play perimeter defense, get assist and steals like rondo. Dont worry we will all RIOT if rondo jumpshot ratings are overblown

also kobe whose basiclly been missing for 2 years a 90? CMON SON

# 44 Bliitz @ 09/27/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Kobe is 89 and Wade an 86(underrated)? Weird. Kyrie seems quite overrated.

I have liked the ratings for the most part otherwise.
He was the best player in the World Cup, Kyrie will be great this year.

# 45 thedream2k13 @ 09/27/14 12:36 AM
[quote=SouthBeach;2046621859]As a Raptors/Heat fan, I'm happy with where Derozan and Wade are.

The playoffs and missing 20-something games during the season for Miami's "maintenance" program probably have him in the mid-80s.

He's still an all-star caliber player, averaged 55% FG and 19ppg.

Most people didn't watch every game to see that he's still super efficient in scoring.

If I had to choose between Kyrie Irving and Wade, I'd still pick Wade right now because he's still more proven to be a winner (even though the playoffs showed otherwise).

Either way, if you know how to use certain teams, any single player can be a monster in 2K regardless of their OVR.[/quote]
Thats what 2k is trying to get away from. Wade shouldnt be a consistent jumpshooter so if scoring is taking into consideration, he should be rated lower. His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim.

# 46 CookNBA03 @ 09/27/14 02:31 AM
And like always, people sleeping on Flash...

# 47 ultima86 @ 09/27/14 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I disagree, but to each his own. I think he's more of an 82-83 type player. He may do a lot of things well, but there isn't much that he is elite at. To be anywhere near a 90 you should be an absolute team carrying player. Kawhi doesn't have that ability, I don't know if he will ever even be an elite second option on a team, despite who solid he is all around. Solid doesn't warrant high 80s-90s, elite level skills do.
NOT reppin for my team here, but Kawhi is VERY ELITE at defense. I wouldnt go 89/90 *yet*, but def 87.

# 48 Chin2112 @ 09/27/14 06:03 AM
Played nba 2k15 yesterday at EGX London. The game is SLIIIICK and looks gorgeous.

If anyone wants any ratings for players I'm here now just give us a shout. I'll do my best. I will try and get the ratings for the first 5 people.

It may be wrong as it's the demo but I doubt it.

All I know is The brows himself is 88

Also I'll try and get a pic of the all star teams.

# 49 gamingsinceatari @ 09/27/14 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I don't think Kawhi is up to PG and Melo's level quite yet. He's a very good, versatile player, but he's not a superstar. He might get there very soon (maybe even this season) but he's not there yet.
No, I don't think he's on Melo's level either as far as talking over games and being a superstar. But you people gotta remember we are talking OVERALL rating not ranking. That's why I didn't get so crazy when they showed Duncan's 90 rating because it may just mean he's high in many areas, doesn't necessarily mean he hes gonna be unstoppable like Kevin Durant. OVERALL is a combination of all stats, its the overall impact on the game and the team we're taking about. There's areas of the game that Melo doesn't excel at which is why his OVERALL IMO would be close to PG and Khawi (2 players that are GREAT at alot of things other than scoring).

Like I said I'm not a spurs fan, I respect them but I'm not a fan. But if you go back and look, there was a lot of games where Duncan showed his age and parker wasn't himself and they relied on Khwai heavily. In fact I could make a case that Khwai should be the highest rated player on his team and that Duncan and Parker OVERALL ratings should drop a little. But hey like I said this is just my opinion.

# 50 JayAtkHar @ 09/27/14 06:59 AM
DeMar is going to be dangerous this year

# 51 Blackhail92 @ 09/27/14 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I don't think Kawhi is up to PG and Melo's level quite yet. He's a very good, versatile player, but he's not a superstar. He might get there very soon (maybe even this season) but he's not there yet.
I agree. Kawaii isn't at the superstar level yet. Honestly Paul George isn't there yet either. But he is closer. MELO is the only superstar out of the three and should be ahead of all of them. Kawais rebounding should be pretty good as well as his defense and dunking abilities though.

# 52 eko718 @ 09/27/14 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
As a Raptors/Heat fan, I'm happy with where Derozan and Wade are.

The playoffs and missing 20-something games during the season for Miami's "maintenance" program probably have him in the mid-80s.

He's still an all-star caliber player, averaged 55% FG and 19ppg.

Most people didn't watch every game to see that he's still super efficient in scoring.

If I had to choose between Kyrie Irving and Wade, I'd still pick Wade right now because he's still more proven to be a winner (even though the playoffs showed otherwise).

Either way, if you know how to use certain teams, any single player can be a monster in 2K regardless of their OVR.
Thats what 2k is trying to get away from. Wade shouldnt be a consistent jumpshooter so if scoring is taking into consideration, he should be rated lower. His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim.
I've heard this mentioned more than once and it's not true. Wade's midrange shooting(41%) was actually better than Lebron's this past season(37%) and Wade shot better than Lebron everywhere around the basket except at the rim. His perimeter shot is a different story.

The only 'inconsistent shooting' with Wade occurs from 3pt range. And it can hardly be called inconsistent because it's not a shot that he takes often. Still, Wade did shoot 38% from 3pt range throughout the Playoffs.

Edit:

Quote:
His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim.
Most players who shoot a high percentage have that percentage bolstered by shots at the rim. But the suggestion that his efficiency is due mostly to shots at the rim is false. Wade's midrange shot accounted for 25% of his total shot attempts this past season where Lebron's midrange shot accounted for 17% of his total attempts. James Hardens midrange shot accounted for 12.45% of his total shot attempts. James Harden shot 40% from midrange, off of 39 fewer attempts than Wade.

Wade shot well every where except from deep 3pt range. 47% of his shots came from 5 feet or less last year, compared to 44% from Lebron. Outside of 5 feet from the basket, Wade shot 45% from the field. Lebron shot 40% and for the sake of comparison, Harden shot 39%. If we eliminate the deep 3 from the equation, Wade shot 46%, Lebron 41% Harden 41%. These last percentages are indicative of their shooting outside of 5 feet from the basket up to the 3 point line roughly.

Wade shot 55% overall last season, Lebron shot 57%. The argument "His 50% shooting is mostly at the rim" is more accurate for Lebron than it is for Wade, considering the stats I mentioned and the fact that Lebron shot 78% at the rim versus Wade's 68%. In 2K14, Lebron had better close and midrange numbers than Wade, along with many others who shouldn't have.

# 53 stillfeelme @ 09/27/14 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I disagree, but to each his own. I think he's more of an 82-83 type player. He may do a lot of things well, but there isn't much that he is elite at. To be anywhere near a 90 you should be an absolute team carrying player. Kawhi doesn't have that ability, I don't know if he will ever even be an elite second option on a team, despite who solid he is all around. Solid doesn't warrant high 80s-90s, elite level skills do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kawhi is slept on so much. He is not a scorer at least in Pop's offense I can't see him being asked to do more because he doesn't need to be. I can't say he can be an Iso scorer but he actually is ranked very high in Iso scoring when he actually does it. When you break down his skills he can actually do a lot of things very well offensively and defensively

-He is a top 5 perimeter on ball defender at his position
-He can literally shoot from anywhere on the court but he is not a scorer in Pop's system. When Pop needs him to be a scorer and his shot attempts goes up that is when everyone will start to say he is elite and that will be the time Duncan has retired.
-He had 3yrs from a rookie to now shooting 38% from 3PT despite getting more attempts
-He is an elite transition finisher shoots 67% in transition last year
-He is a very good rebounder for his position
-He is a elite slasher too and finishing at the rim 70% at rim
-He is very good in steals finished 10th in steals per game
-He is a good shot blocker for his position
-Very good mid range game 50% from 16-23ft and 46% from 10-15ft
-He is actually good from the post as well shot 55% from the post which made up 8% of his possesions.
-He is very good defending pick and rolls which is huge IMO and part of why he is a very good defender
-Now he is not eilte dribbler I would say average dribbler but he actually did extremely well in Iso situations to score.
-He shot 52% FG and 80% at the line again very well.

Kawhi's game is not flashy and he may not get as many attempts so his points per game will not wow people but the stuff he does is elite whether people see it or not.

# 54 dpower15 @ 09/27/14 10:51 AM
Like I said, to each his own. There are guys I think are overlooked as well. Like I said, personally I think Kawhi does a lot of things well, some very well, but none at an elite level with the exception of possibly his perimeter defense. I'm a big fan of how he plays and think the league could use more guys like him, but I don't think he will ever be an elite player or superstar. Also, an 82-83 like I mentioned is still what, top 40 or so? It's not like I'm arguing he isn't a good player, I just don't see him as top 25. I don't think Rondo is either, I'm sure plenty of people would contest my position there as well.

In regard to slashing and a lot of shooting percentages, the Spurs system is very favorable to getting good numbers. Not trying to take anything away from him, but I think a lot of athletic players with above average IQ could fit in just as well as him in a slashing capacity purely due to how well the Spurs spread the floor and move the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 55 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/27/14 11:06 AM
Good thing about these ratings , guys have the whole year to change them. Kawhi's time will come

# 56 gamingsinceatari @ 09/27/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Kawhi is slept on so much. He is not a scorer at least in Pop's offense I can't see him being asked to do more because he doesn't need to be. I can't say he can be an Iso scorer but he actually is ranked very high in Iso scoring when he actually does it. When you break down his skills he can actually do a lot of things very well offensively and defensively

-He is a top 5 perimeter on ball defender at his position
-He can literally shoot from anywhere on the court but he is not a scorer in Pop's system. When Pop needs him to be a scorer and his shot attempts goes up that is when everyone will start to say he is elite and that will be the time Duncan has retired.
-He had 3yrs from a rookie to now shooting 38% from 3PT despite getting more attempts
-He is an elite transition finisher shoots 67% in transition last year
-He is a very good rebounder for his position
-He is a elite slasher too and finishing at the rim 70% at rim
-He is very good in steals finished 10th in steals per game
-He is a good shot blocker for his position
-Very good mid range game 50% from 16-23ft and 46% from 10-15ft
-He is actually good from the post as well shot 55% from the post which made up 8% of his possesions.
-He is very good defending pick and rolls which is huge IMO and part of why he is a very good defender
-Now he is not eilte dribbler I would say average dribbler but he actually did extremely well in Iso situations to score.
-He shot 52% FG and 80% at the line again very well.

Kawhi's game is not flashy and he may not get as many attempts so his points per game will not wow people but the stuff he does is elite whether people see it or not.
This basically sums up what i was saying. He doesn't need to be "elite" at all of these things, just him being above average in so many categories would equal out to a high OVERALL (unless the rating system is structured much differently this year). I used to think it was the "Spurs system" too but na, now i see that this dude is just a beast. But hey that's why i love the fact that I can edit what needs to be edited.

# 57 HowDareI @ 09/27/14 11:36 AM
I think Kobe should be rated the same as wade honestly, both have declined due to injury but we'll see how they play in game before i really say too much about the ratings...

Quick question tho, i can't remember seeing MCW's rating can anyone tell me? I'm at work i don't wanna get caught looking lol

# 58 KDurant35 @ 09/27/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I think Kobe should be rated the same as wade honestly, both have declined due to injury but we'll see how they play in game before i really say too much about the ratings...

Quick question tho, i can't remember seeing MCW's rating can anyone tell me? I'm at work i don't wanna get caught looking lol

I think he's an 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 ultima86 @ 09/27/14 11:56 AM
waiting on my boy Joakim...def top 15

wonder if he'll be higher than RG3 i mean Rose lol

# 60 Scary Larry @ 09/27/14 12:01 PM
Has Lillard and Aldridge been rated yet?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.