Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports has released their official TV Spot for NBA 2K15, featuring cover athlete Kevin Durant, Paul George, Anthony Davis and Stephen Curry.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dwadefan45 @ 09/29/14 12:51 AM
Imagine we're at the "park" basketball courts just outside an arena. You can see AI waiting in lines to get into the arena. Other players have a #/5 above their head representing the # of people on their team ready to play. If you and another person has 5/5, you walk up to him, agree to play, then proceed to walk into the packed arena. Boom.

# 62 twogotwingz3 @ 09/29/14 12:58 AM
For all the whiny, I'm sure spoiled when they kids, cry babies, you clowns do realize that this definitely targeted at kids! I pretty much guarantee you age 10-15 are prolly whining and crying like you, begging their mom to go stand in line for this game right now!! Telling them how they can be in the game now!

# 63 jimbo22 @ 09/29/14 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
For all the whiny, I'm sure spoiled when they kids, cry babies, you clowns do realize that this definitely targeted at kids! I pretty much guarantee you age 10-15 are prolly whining and crying like you, begging their mom to go stand in line for this game right now!! Telling them how they can be in the game now!
huh?????????

# 64 kolanji @ 09/29/14 02:26 AM
That was a very informative tv spot

the Marketing team has really stepped it up this year A Job well done Ronnie & Chris....... and the rest of marketing

(for the first time living where I am will I be able to play NBA2k on a launch day with preloading digital games.... that is so next gen to me.....)

# 65 swac07 @ 09/29/14 02:58 AM
You would swear by some of the comments in this thread some users didn't have a childhood at all and just came out the womb a grown man...lol...

Everything isnt going to be SIM related...there has to be "balance"....its marketing

2k has to show that "they love da kids" too ya know...I'm more than sure this is the audience the commercial was intended for lol

# 66 grodbetatted @ 09/29/14 03:42 AM
The commercial was creatives, but a little bit of park gameplay wouldve been nice. This was the equivalent of Ronnie and LD saying we are gonna have an announcement on our twitch stream today and when they actually stream all they say is we got big news coming

# 67 biatch0 @ 09/29/14 05:05 AM
What would have made this commercial awesome is... if a like another 10 kids showed up... and then they all started standing on the same 2 spots

# 68 tsbmolina @ 09/29/14 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Looking like GS or HOU possibly. I can't make up my mind. I know who he's running with...
GS, Less Harden more Steph. I personally voted Golden State vs Chicago. Interesting personalities on both teams.

# 69 ultima86 @ 09/29/14 06:15 AM
"What y'all want, an autograph or somethin?"

lol that made my day

# 70 BMDinTDOT @ 09/29/14 06:33 AM
Seems like a waste of resources for a cryptic message

# 71 BMDinTDOT @ 09/29/14 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
What resources? Lol ive seen so many people mention resources and have no idea what they mean when say that.

Can I get some specific details on what resources they have that they're wasting?

Sometimes OP forums remind me of the conspiracy forums on the net.
Money spent on a commercial that a lot of people don't understand
what it means.

# 72 Hotobu @ 09/29/14 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
Money spent on a commercial that a lot of people don't understand
what it means.
How dumb does someone have to be to not get even a basic interpretation of what the commercial is saying? "You can play too."

# 73 BMDinTDOT @ 09/29/14 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
How dumb does someone have to be to not get even a basic interpretation of what the commercial is saying? "You can play too."
Explain that to the countless people on youtube, twitter and on
here that are confused what the commercial meant.

# 74 CoffeyN @ 09/29/14 08:48 AM
They shoulda had a middle aged out of shape dude...I'd gladly volunteer if they want to re-shoot.

Walk in there in boxers and a doritos stained shirt, beverage in hand...I got next...

# 75 jadert @ 09/29/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Commercial for the kids. Not knocking it. But, no gameplay or commentary specific to the game's features, not interested.
Not interested, and yet you come into this thread just to let us know that.

No matter what comes out, if person isn't a fan of that mode, they seem to blast 2K for not telling them about another mode. It's endless. When they talk about MYLeague, people are upset about not hearing about The Park. When they talk about MyPlayer, people are mad about not seeing gameplay. They show a commercial ( a commercial for god's sake) and people are talking about not seeing defense? lol

I thought the commercial was pretty cool, nothing more, nothing less. Being a 2K fan, it was completely predictable to me so it was no big deal. I knew those kids wanted to play, isn't that the basis of the whole "MY" thing?

# 76 WTF @ 09/29/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
You're not saying so exactly, but the context of that statement makes it sound like 2k is not aware of or in service to the kinds of customers that are on OS. This is obviously untrue, with developers answering questions on here, and the fact that 2k has hired several people from OS to do work for them.

I think the issue that most people are having is not the nature of the information--it's been balanced so far--but the fact that it's all squeezed down into about a week and a half before the game comes out. I think it's a little extreme, but we have to look outside of 2k for a moment. With all of the other releases out there like FIFA 15 and Destiny, 2k is smart not to let significant information get buried by the 24 hour gaming news cycle.

I'd prefer they serve the hardcore and SIM crowd a bit more and save the embargo for the spectacle, but I get it. To paint their marketing as some kind of evidence of a casual mindset is patently wrong. 2k has been trying to entice casual gamers while satisfying the hardcore crowd for a long time now. Just like most game companies.
No, this is why I hate reading text on the internet. My statement is for those who are complaining about the tv spot that it's not gameplay, etc. We are a small crowd in the grand scheme of things. Czar hooked us up with our own type of information.

I specifically said that "this" type of spot was generated towards the masses. Not saying that their entire marketing scheme has been towards the masses.

# 77 49UNCFan @ 09/29/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Someone has tweeted Ronnie about 5 to 10 times last week with no response lol.

Sad man because his hair makes you want to vomit when you see it up close
Lol that guy is hilarious but I really do wish it happens

# 78 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/29/14 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert

They show a commercial ( a commercial for god's sake) and people are talking about not seeing defense? lol
LMAO at defense
The #Yakkem trailer was all I needed

# 79 Sundown @ 09/29/14 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
GS, Less Harden more Steph. I personally voted Golden State vs Chicago. Interesting personalities on both teams.
The B button would get worn out in a battle between HOU and LAC from all the flopping.

Also those are my two most hated teams.

# 80 Clappington @ 09/29/14 10:19 AM
I just hate when people on here say all this stuff is for little kids and blah blah blah. Everyone has their own style of wanting to play a game lots of you guys want to play myleague and not even touch online, lots of people only play online. My issue is some "simheads" feel the need to try to bash other gamers simply because we enjoy stuff like this, its appealing to some people this Mypark The Park or whatever it is, isn't just for little kids its for everyone. I'm 21 year olds and I enjoyed this hell we got grown men getting views off this stuff on youtube there is no age limit on this... Im sorry im not someone who doesn't sit here and play myleague or association because im a onliner gamer I love playing games online yes I enjoy myplayer a lot so if that makes me or anyone else less of a gamer or a "hardcore" gamer for 2k then so be it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.