Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense, part 2. (If you missed part 1, you can view it here.)

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mlb08 @ 09/30/14 02:50 PM
That crowd though. Looks dead.

# 22 dpower15 @ 09/30/14 02:53 PM
Oh yeah, time to play some Miami Heat basketball. Glad to know they haven't slipped too far into irrelevance yet without LeBron haha!

# 23 bjthomas121 @ 09/30/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
That crowd though. Looks dead.
My exact thoughts

# 24 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Saw a couple of really nice offensive moves in there. The Kawahi cut to the hoop was slick, wish Duncan would have hit him with the hand off, but it was still great movement.

Looks like even more, the defensive suctioning is toned down quite a bit, which is great. Looking forward to getting my hands on it, and seeing the freelance in motion.
I was so paranoid about plays breaking I didn't allow for that. I felt like I needed to prove to the community they are working properly first. Like I said in the last thread that was the main focus so in some instances it may work against me but I didn't want to hear anything about plays just breaking for no reason. LOL A little extreme I know but it was priority number 1.

Next year when HOPEFULLY that is not the same issue guys are having I will allow the AI to get mid evil with looking for scoring opportunities inside and outside of plays.

# 25 truzoe @ 09/30/14 02:55 PM
I could finnaly play as my heat withouth everybody online picking them. Nice video.

# 26 RunN1st @ 09/30/14 02:59 PM
Da_Czar - Keep up the awesome work, sir! You are adding that extra sauce to the already great recipe. Would love this game to get to the point where I can tell the kids I coach to go home and play NBA2K and run X play over and over again and apply it in our practices.

# 27 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Saw a couple of really nice offensive moves in there. The Kawahi cut to the hoop was slick, wish Duncan would have hit him with the hand off, but it was still great movement.

Looks like even more, the defensive suctioning is toned down quite a bit, which is great. Looking forward to getting my hands on it, and seeing the freelance in motion.
It's certainly better but still existent fam. In prior years you could run right into the defense and possibly get a blow by animation. This year I wanted to train the user to drive AROUND a defender.

So in the pick and roll if you attack the big by running straight into him we penalize you by allow bumps etc. If on the other hand you try to go around him and avoid him. Which is the purpose of the hedge to force you away from the basket we are less prone to snatch you.

His lateral quickness won't allow him to stay with you (From my experience) if your trying to beat him to a corner as opposed to running straight into him.

If you notice that drive with Wade for the dunk I give him a move then I go around him and not try to run through him.

We even worked on having the AI drive around vs right into you. It still needs more work but were trying to shift the game into using natural driving angles by not encouraging driving directly into a defenders space.

# 28 SageInfinite @ 09/30/14 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The Kawahi cut to the hoop was slick, wish Duncan would have hit him with the hand off, but it was still great movement.
That would've been sick. I hope the chess match really shines this year. Watching those possessions at the end really mirrored what I saw in the finals this year.

# 29 Vni @ 09/30/14 03:06 PM
Looks real nice Czar. New look heat is one team I'am definately excited to try out. Especially now that they have their own freelance offense.

We talk about the improvement from live 14 to 15 but 2K14 to 2K15 seems Huge aswell. Looks smooth and the speed of the game is on point this year.

# 30 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Da_Czar - Keep it the awesome work, sir! You are adding that extra sauce to the already great recipe. Would love this game to get to the point where I can tell the kids I coach to go home and play NBA2K and run X play over and over again and apply it in our practices.
Ultimately that is my secret goal fam. We have a long way to go but I am right there with you.

# 31 SageInfinite @ 09/30/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It's certainly better but still existent fam. In prior years you could run right into the defense and possibly get a blow by animation. This year I wanted to train the user to drive AROUND a defender.

So in the pick and roll if you attack the big by running straight into him we penalize you by allow bumps etc. If on the other hand you try to go around him and avoid him. Which is the purpose of the hedge to force you away from the basket we are less prone to snatch you.

His lateral quickness won't allow him to stay with you (From my experience) if your trying to beat him to a corner as opposed to running straight into him.

If you notice that drive with Wade for the dunk I give him a move then I go around him and not try to run through him.

We even worked on having the AI drive around vs right into you. It still needs more work but were trying to shift the game into using natural driving angles by not encouraging driving directly into a defenders space.
Love the sound of this.

# 32 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:09 PM
I may not be as active in this thread as the last as I am still cooking in the kitchen trying to complete part 3. I will cover as much as I can though.

# 33 WTF @ 09/30/14 03:10 PM
Quote:

These things sound great.

Having the CPU AI drive around vs into you will eliminate that situation that I had where guys forced their way into the paint for an easy bucket by continually running directly into my chest, causing the defender to slide out of place into an animation.

Overall, really like what I'm hearing. Now hopefully I can grab a copy early and get started on the new season of NBA!

# 34 gamingsinceatari @ 09/30/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
I may not be as active in this thread as the last as I am still cooking in the kitchen trying to complete part 3. I will cover as much as I can though.
Love everything you covered. I know this is kind of off topic but i was hoping to get more info on the player celebrations. Can you celebrate anytime you want after a shot or is it every once in a while? And what button is it to activate it? Is there anyway we can edit the celebration a player does?

# 35 LorenzoDC @ 09/30/14 03:17 PM
Quote:

Triangle???

# 36 23 @ 09/30/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
What I see is this taking basketball play calling to another level. Akin to the jump calling plays on live 10 started and eventually 2k11....

Nex gen ID around the corner

# 37 RipCity71252 @ 09/30/14 03:18 PM
Great stuff as always, Czar.

Another look at a floppy play with Reddick and man, you can really tell you guys put in work there. The biggest thing I'm seeing is improved catch to shot transitions while one the move. They're blending much better this year.

You can see another example of this with TP @ 5min mark.

# 38 Vni @ 09/30/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Triangle???

Wow, that would be insane.

# 39 23 @ 09/30/14 03:20 PM
See Duncan get mad at the end and slam the ball down

# 40 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
These things sound great.

Having the CPU AI drive around vs into you will eliminate that situation that I had where guys forced their way into the paint for an easy bucket by continually running directly into my chest, causing the defender to slide out of place into an animation.

Overall, really like what I'm hearing. Now hopefully I can grab a copy early and get started on the new season of NBA!
Remember I said its the beginning fam. LOL I don't want you to be like late in the clock you still might see a little over aggression Full disclosure. LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.