Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a new NBA Live 15 video showcasing the offensive improvements to the game. While it's not the 5 on 5 gameplay most of us were hoping for, at least we have something.

They have also posted a blog, going over the improvements to the AI with regards to fast breaks, pick and rolls and playcalling.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/01/14 03:10 PM
Rag Doll physics has me intrigued. Hopefully gone are the days of getting dunked on like I was a ghost or something

# 42 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I agree with you in a way. But you know what, the game has that "NBA Live" look to it ?? Does that make sense? I think thats that a real good. That vid flashed me back to the PS2 days. I think that as one of the problems of Live 06 to 10 on PS3/360 is that it didn't have that "NBA Live" feel.

I know exactly what your saying actually....I think Live's movement is just an acquired taste....I may just have to acquire that taste again like I did in Live 10, lol

# 43 bballshawn24 @ 10/01/14 03:18 PM
good to know gameplay is the focal point becasuse 2k is stacked with feutures and modes. I was always going to pick up.

Also i think its pretty clear they are playing ketup(wich in a way is a good thing for the future of nba live) But it doesnt mean i will be a bad game

# 44 lakers24 @ 10/01/14 03:19 PM
Well, it has me interested again(please don't let this die by not showing anything until the damn game has come out EA). I really like the everything I saw since it does look a lot better(the Stephenson contest & Rose dunk were noice!) I just wanted to see some actual 5v5 from broadcast like the clips we got before.

# 45 SageInfinite @ 10/01/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Glad to see mostly positive comments coming in. One of the biggest gameplay features that I think should be highly focused on is the Rag Doll paint collisions. This is one area that I think moving forward, all basketball games need. It will be a night and day difference, seeing all of the different outcomes due to a collision. No awkward limbs, no horrible clipping, and it'll play out based on the independent collision.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other end of the spectrum, the defensive additions to the game, and showing all of the different counters. Passing looks vastly improved, and the ability to whip the ball around the perimeter is excellent.
Exactly. The paint physics and interactions look just on another level. Really dumps on 14. This is what we need going forward. That unpredictability the NBA brings, and that's exactly what NBA Live 14 looks to be bringing. Can't wait to "feel" it. The play where Beal and Stephenson interacted was just amazing. The Stephenson's arm didn't clip through Beal's leg, man. If these things happen consistently, oh boy!

The passing also looks night and day. Can't wait to see some plays called and see how awesome the ball gets around from player to player. The passes look the perfect speed and the perfect context.

Can't wait for the "real" gameplay.

# 46 Mintsa @ 10/01/14 03:26 PM
Also, the jerseys looked way better in that video compared to the screenshots.

# 47 swac07 @ 10/01/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
No awkward limbs, no horrible clipping, and it'll play out based on the independent collision.

If it is confirmed that NONE of the above will happen with this and it plays out perfectly EA would definitely change the game and maybe they could implement live's collision physics into other future games such as their football and futbol games for a better experience.

# 48 Shakedowncapo @ 10/01/14 03:42 PM
I'm not sold on the passing at all. Those quick screen cuts when the ball was moved around looked a bit shady. I need two of EA's best playing this game, not a sizzle trailer.

# 49 DETERMINOLOGY @ 10/01/14 03:44 PM
Yal should really wait untill live has gameplay out i mean its looking good but we know lives history so i wouldnt get to happy as of yet. With that said i hope live is going to finally get out of that super robotic/stale state of gameplay and go back to its full roots of nba live because the old live on xbox even tho its old the gameplay was solid for its time and i wanna see live sorta go back that direction with a fresh look and feel.

# 50 vtcrb @ 10/01/14 03:45 PM
Ok it is getting old all of the Complaining, NBA Live is almost a Month away so they have time to release Details. 2k15 is LESS than a week and Still keeping Alot of info Secret, but I dont see people Blowing up the threads over there Demanding more details. It is Simple you not impressed DONT BUY THE GAME. I think Alot are impressed with what they have seen. All of the BIAS on the Forums is getting Old quick, as a Long time member it is becoming very Blatant. No one Forces you to watch ANY NBA Live videos, BUT the same guys complaining are ALWAYS watching for news on NBA Live. I find that interesting.

I think this is going to be a GREAT Year for basketball gamers. NBA Live Series has taken a Major step forward back into the Market. Which is Great for Both Companies and ALL Gamers.

# 51 snocone @ 10/01/14 03:48 PM
Didn't see a ton in there that impressed me, but the passing did look very nice. Both games have had problems with that kind of rapid passing, and I'm glad that someone seems to have figured out how to do it right

# 52 Jakeness23 @ 10/01/14 03:51 PM
Thinking I'll pick this up around Christmas time. Looks light years ahead of last years' game. Still a TON of work to do, but they're heading in the right direction.

# 53 SageInfinite @ 10/01/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Ok it is getting old all of the Complaining, NBA Live is almost a Month away so they have time to release Details. 2k15 is LESS than a week and Still keeping Alot of info Secret, but I dont see people Blowing up the threads over there Demanding more details. It is Simple you not impressed DONT BUY THE GAME. I think Alot are impressed with what they have seen. All of the BIAS on the Forums is getting Old quick, as a Long time member it is becoming very Blatant. No one Forces you to watch ANY NBA Live videos, BUT the same guys complaining are ALWAYS watching for news on NBA Live. I find that interesting.

I think this is going to be a GREAT Year for basketball gamers. NBA Live Series has taken a Major step forward back into the Market. Which is Great for Both Companies and ALL Gamers.
Can't agree with any of the first part of you post. I hardly see any complaining in this thread(with the game they released last year it's deserved), and there is also a ton of complaining in the 2k forum. 2k also has released a good amount of info.

I do agree that this will be a great year for bball gamers though.

# 54 swac07 @ 10/01/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Ok it is getting old all of the Complaining, NBA Live is almost a Month away so they have time to release Details. 2k15 is LESS than a week and Still keeping Alot of info Secret, but I dont see people Blowing up the threads over there Demanding more details.
They pretty much just released the last bit of their "secretive" info yesterday and today...just putting it out there.

Ps..

You must have skipped over the other forum these past few weeks its been complain city over there lol

# 55 WTF @ 10/01/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
If it is confirmed that NONE of the above will happen with this and it plays out perfectly EA would definitely change the game and maybe they could implement live's collision physics into other future games such as their football and futbol games for a better experience.
They call me a GameChanger. .. but this... this is a GameChanger

I hope they dedicate another video to show off some of the results of true collisions.

# 56 vtcrb @ 10/01/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
They pretty much just released the last bit of their "secretive" info yesterday and today...just putting it out there.

Ps..

You must have skipped over the other forum these past few weeks its been complain city over there lol
I must have missed all the NEW Attributes and Tendencies, etc. LOL

Anyway I am VERY active on Both boards and see what is written, and some understand what I am saying and others Dont. Simple as that.

Live has let down before and I agree, but if people Cant see the improvements they are Blind. People want to compare the games and they cant be. Right off Live doesnt have Customization and 2k Does. But Live has chosen to Focus on other aspects and is doing a great job i think, considering what they released last year.

# 57 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/01/14 04:12 PM
can we get a download link so we can really see this?

# 58 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/14 04:12 PM
Quote:

What are you talking about?

It's like you had this typed up and were going to post it no matter what you read.

BTW, post history is easy available on Tapatalk....so before you start calling anyone out on favoring a franchise...take a look in the mirror...and stop trying to derail the thread with nonsense.

# 59 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They call me a GameChanger. .. but this... this is a GameChanger

I hope they dedicate another video to show off some of the results of true collisions.

Did they ever mention the engine they are using for the "rag doll physics"?

# 60 DBMcGee3 @ 10/01/14 04:15 PM
This actually looks pretty good, once I youtubed it for a decent stream in HD. After being a little underwhelmed by the 2k gameplay stream I watched earlier, my NBA Live interest is at an all time peak. C'mon EA, finish strong baby!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.