Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a new NBA Live 15 video showcasing the offensive improvements to the game. While it's not the 5 on 5 gameplay most of us were hoping for, at least we have something.

They have also posted a blog, going over the improvements to the AI with regards to fast breaks, pick and rolls and playcalling.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 catquik @ 10/01/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
What is with all the trailers?

I hate to be negative but all of EA's trailers and still photo's look good.

That is not the issue....the issue is actual 5 on 5 gameplay.

Lets see one half or or even one qtr of actual 5 on 5 gameplay so we can judge the CPU AI ourselves and also the gameplay movement.

Seems like they are hyping up these trailers the way they did in years past to be their money maker and without showing any gameplay issues that might arise a week or two after you buy their product.

Come on EA it is really that much to ask for a full 5 on 5 gameplay clip????

I can show you Trailers going all the way back to Live 07 that looked awesome when edited
BOOM! You nailed it! Trying to not sound like a 2K homer, but they've had nothing to hide for years. When they have a new feature, add new aspects to gameplay, new presentation elements, they just come out and flaunt it. When you're proud of your product you want to show it off. I cannot find a logical explanation for showing the backs of players in screenshots other than they are not happy with how those players turned out. I mean, we're talking about screenshots here. We're not talkin' about the gameplay that I live and die for, we're talking about screenshots.

In all seriousness, though, the same goes for gameplay. I mentioned in a previous post that having no (extended) gameplay footage is probably, mostly a marketing issue. So, I would imagine we won't see any gameplay videos until post 2K release.

# 82 WTF @ 10/01/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
The video and game looks amazing. The graphics and animations are on point this year. The rag-doll physics look amazing and love how they activate around the paint. If we can get this for all interactions in the future for charges, shot contests so if you run into a shooter you see a dynamic animation and so on. This feature alone makes me amazed. Dear god they finally fixed those damn fast break animations of a player stopping when catching the damn ball, seems like we can actually run one this year.

Also what's with some of your guys complaints of robotic animations? Not saying they are not valid but can you provide some more detail then they just look robotic. I for one am amazed so far for the rag-doll physics aspect and how fluid it looks.
Wouldn't that be awesome.

# 83 Playmakers @ 10/01/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catquik
Also (trying to be as constructive as possible) I laughed a little when he mentioned "adding flare and style" to passing when showing some pretty basic one handed passes by CP3, Rondo, and Lowry. I don't need through the legs, behind the back or crazy White Chocolate dishes, but give your audience some credit when you laud your "freestyle passing" for more than what it is.
They can fool some people but they can't fool everyone...

Those are the same basic passes that have been available in Live for years.

The only difference I saw in those videos was the speed at which the passes were now thrown...

Show me some wrap around passes, some CPU AI passes by C.Paul that are on target leading to a Blake Griffith or D.Jordan dunk that never seems to happen right in previous versions of Live.

Show me the CPU AI making a behind the back pass occasionally...

While some might get excited over a basic one handed pass taught on the highschool level for all ballers those are the things that had bothered me with Live and the game looking so bland or robotic unless you were controlling the players yourself.

# 84 SageInfinite @ 10/01/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I personally like EAs style of animations when it comes to dribbling or any other movement. The other company sometimes seems too fluid, fluid to a point where it looks like gummy worms. NBA live gives a more sharp style of animation
I don't know wtf this post even means......

# 85 swiftkid @ 10/01/14 06:03 PM
came in here to hate... mission failed

# 86 GHUFF @ 10/01/14 06:03 PM
I'm just so happy we have competition in basketball because if EA had exclusive rights to the NBA my video game addiction would be cured. Look I hope NBA live is good I really do, options are never a bad thing, just wish we had options in football but that ship has sailed..

# 87 catquik @ 10/01/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
They can fool some people but they can't fool everyone...

Those are the same basic passes that have been available in Live for years.

The only difference I saw in those videos was the speed at which the passes were now thrown...

Show me some wrap around passes, some CPU AI passes by C.Paul that are on target leading to a Blake Griffith or D.Jordan dunk that never seems to happen right in previous versions of Live.
I agree. More specifically, alley-oops have never been captured quite accurately by either franchise. 2K14 was close, but still too many lobs are thrown as a straight lines when the whole point of the lob is for the pass to go high over the defender. This is a point of emphasis where the animation might look good on the passing and receiving end, but the actual ball flight needs work.

This is a tangent, I know, but something I noticed still doesn't look right in Live on the topic of robotic, and things still not looking quite right.

# 88 Playmakers @ 10/01/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
The video and game looks amazing. The graphics and animations are on point this year. The rag-doll physics look amazing and love how they activate around the paint. If we can get this for all interactions in the future for charges, shot contests so if you run into a shooter you see a dynamic animation and so on. This feature alone makes me amazed. Dear god they finally fixed those damn fast break animations of a player stopping when catching the damn ball, seems like we can actually run one this year.

Also what's with some of your guys complaints of robotic animations? Not saying they are not valid but can you provide some more detail then they just look robotic. I for one am amazed so far for the rag-doll physics aspect and how fluid it looks.
In a way you just answered your own question right?

Why didn't they show us videos of contact on jump shooters, collision off the ball like players fighting through a screen or a guy setting a pick?

That is why some people want to see a full clip of 5 on 5 gameplay so we can observe the players without the ball which the TRAILERS don't focus on in this video.

Maybe ROBOTIC is the wrong word to use when it comes to player movement but lets not kid ourselves about what Athletes look like when they are moving on the floor and it ain't what we see in some of these videos.

Maybe big lurch from your local gym moves around the floor that way but after years of being a Die Hard NBA Live fan the player movement in this series IMO just hasn't taken a great leap forward.

That is my biggest complaint with the series I want players to move gracefully on the floor not like old men at the local YMCA.

Take a look at FIFA or MLB The Show and then tell me do you think after nearly 10 years from the PS2/XBOX days if NBA Live has made any progress with their player movement that blows your mind?

I'm just being real and honest TRAILERS do don't much for me because I know how they can edit these trailers to show you what they want you to see....

They can shut me up and everyone else by simply showing us a 5 on 5 clip that show cases their IMPROVEMENTS of the game in terms of player movement, animations, CPU AI and how Synergy handles their Players properly.

# 89 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 10/01/14 06:28 PM

What the... When did the heat sign the Rainbow Man?

Jokes aside, it looks really good to me. I don't know about you guys but I'm going enjoy my time with this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 90 VC15AP18 @ 10/01/14 06:42 PM
say what you will about the gameplay, animations, physics....i'm don't like how the game plays, but those jumpshots look accurate. 2K has a real problem with the signature jumpers, they have alot of hitches and the wrists dont snap like a jumpshot should. I'll give credit to live for that

# 91 CaliDude916 @ 10/01/14 06:54 PM
Looking good! Definitely a HUGE improvement from last year. Dribbling looks really good and so does the passing.

# 92 Teddy_Long @ 10/01/14 06:58 PM
will there be a closer broadcast camera?

# 93 WTF @ 10/01/14 07:00 PM
Yes, I think there will be.

# 94 J_Posse @ 10/01/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
If it is confirmed that NONE of the above will happen with this and it plays out perfectly EA would definitely change the game and maybe they could implement live's collision physics into other future games such as their football and futbol games for a better experience.
I would assume the are using a proprietary engine that is shared by the different development teams/games, so likely they are using a physics engine which has already been seen in Madden, FIFA and NHL.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 95 bigballa21 @ 10/01/14 07:02 PM
Looks good can't lie about that, although it's still not a day 1 purchase for me. Got to show me some good faith before i take the ex-girlfriend back again

# 96 Lisac @ 10/01/14 07:07 PM
Looks very good but no creating players or editing players kills it for me!

# 97 Jay Jay @ 10/01/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Wouldn't that be awesome.
Im 100% sure thats the plan.

# 98 Junior Moe @ 10/01/14 07:11 PM
The game is still not "there" for me, yet. I am intrigued by the in paint physics though. That part slick and smooth. I wouldn't mind getting a little stick time to see how natural that aspect of the game feels. If it's tuned right it could be a gamechanger as others have intimated.

# 99 mlp111 @ 10/01/14 07:25 PM
looks ok, i just cant say im impressed. I mean i have a awesome internet connection, why was everything so laggy? some things look good, others just killed it for me. Really disappointed. why does lebron and leonard look zombie. Some positives here, but some negatives as well. Going to stick by my first decision and get this game when its around $20-25. Doesn't seem like its worth more than that for me. Good step forward, but im under-whelmd by what I just say. BUmmer. the game is moving like live 13. I'm sorry, but nothin i just saw there really excited me.

# 100 King_B_Mack @ 10/01/14 07:26 PM
Still moving in the right direction, that's a plus. Need to see actual gameplay and not controlled, carefully chosen trailers, but still moving in the right direction. I'm not liking what I'm seeing with the way guys are moving though. They still move like....video game characters really. It's not natural looking how they move.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.