Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a new NBA Live 15 video showcasing the offensive improvements to the game. While it's not the 5 on 5 gameplay most of us were hoping for, at least we have something.

They have also posted a blog, going over the improvements to the AI with regards to fast breaks, pick and rolls and playcalling.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 coolcras7 @ 10/01/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
release is a month away, I dont' expect to see full gameplay yet. I'm sure we will a couple weeks before launch.
The game is a is 28 days away, and that's because the release was pushed back, which already brought them unwanted attention and the huge red flag, they also should the game only to gamestop employees I assume to make sure they have the proper taking point when the game is released.

# 142 Playmakers @ 10/01/14 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Your missing the entire point 23

They did something revolutionary with the passes they increased the ball speed....

Can't wait to see Chris Paul with the all new passing mechanics attempt to throw lobs to Blake and Jordan with 9 out of every 10 attempts sailing out of bounds if the USER doesn't control the action.

# 143 coolcras7 @ 10/01/14 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Or, you know, the demo that's coming.
What about the PS4 owners, who are currently the bigger of the 2 consumer bases, do we get demo.

# 144 coolcras7 @ 10/02/14 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Your missing the entire point 23

They did something revolutionary with the passes they increased the ball speed....

Can't wait to see Chris Paul with the all new passing mechanics attempt to throw lobs to Blake and Jordan with 9 out of every 10 attempts sailing out of bounds if the USER doesn't control the action.
They also invented the fast break.

# 145 WTF @ 10/02/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
What about the PS4 owners, who are currently the bigger of the 2 consumer bases, do we get demo.
They mentioned demo again on Twitter today. NoT early access, but demo.

# 146 23 @ 10/02/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
They also invented the fast break.
nvm............

# 147 23 @ 10/02/14 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Man can't you guys just take it for what it is and see the major improvements in just one cycle. You really expect a trailer to prove to you everything you've ever hated about live is now fixed? There is still time for them to do a stream and a demo. Either way if after 10 years you still have issues maybe just maybe this game isn't for you..yet you're clinging to everything they release? Prepare to be upset then but post after post of the same crap and biases around here is so old especially for a game that no one has even played.
I dont expect the trailer to prove anything to me at this point which is why EVERYONE is asking for gameplay videos because I definitely dont think with all of this stuff with powder on top is going to stop people from remembering what we did see that was raw

Spoiler

I dont care about pictures of shoes and arenas when that's all I've REALLY seen. The doctored up videos and pictures mean absolutely nothing at all at this point and doesn't show me anything I want to know, and even in that I could point out a ton of things but that's not my focus.

I can give you a video or 2 or more of a one man fastbreak. Its not throwing the ball to a guy at the 3point line and he takes it in

Its more like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qxifpg16E
and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjMXiLj2hg

and that doesnt even cover the basic 3 on 2, 2 on 1, etc..

The passing was nothing flashy, you didnt see where it was going (on purpose) and as playmakers said its just the same passes sped up (which is fine but ) those are just examples of what im saying, not trying to bash or smash, but im taking time to make a valid constructive post and not go on with this live sucks stuff and ea needs to quit now bologna.

Im just pointing out very simple things, not just taking what you throw at me as face value. Some of those things have been plagues for so many years... is it really too much to ask to see this stuff in live gameplay at this point?

..and I dont know if its for me or not, thats for my money to determine, not your opinion. Don't try to put the focus on me, im here talking about the game and what they showed, its my opinion of it because they put it out there for me to see...

# 148 gamingsinceatari @ 10/02/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
nvm
LMFAO

# 149 SageInfinite @ 10/02/14 12:34 AM
I would like to see a better example of a fastbreak tho, to truly believe they've been fixed.

# 150 DonWuan @ 10/02/14 12:40 AM
Is the uncompressed version floating around?

# 151 23 @ 10/02/14 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Is the uncompressed version floating around?
Nah give it a day or so... someone at NLSC will have it.

# 152 da ThRONe @ 10/02/14 12:49 AM
All the vids they release it makes you really question why they are hiding this game.

This is some great stuff they have put out almost everytime.

# 153 Playmakers @ 10/02/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Prepare to be upset then but post after post of the same crap and biases around here is so old especially for a game that no one has even played.
You got it all wrong man....

Some of us have no loyalty to either b-ball game.

In fact there are a few die hard Live fans who are vividly upset over the direction of the game and the lack of progress despite taking 2 years off.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not here to bash the game....trust me I would love for EA to hit a home run or release a solid game this year because I haven't played a basketball game long term since Live 10.

I'm just expressing my dissatisfaction with some of the gameplay issues I've seen year after year with this series and to now have it on Next Gen consoles and still produce sub par animations and player movements that just rubs me the wrong way.

If they can't give us a legitimate upgrade in those two aspects of gameplay I'm afraid to see what is going to happen when we have to rely on Synergy to represent the games AI on the floor.

It's not about bashing the game for some us it's about giving us something for once to feel good about the direction of the franchise again....

And showing me a video of passes that are sped up compared to recent versions of the game doesn't qualify as a upgrade or gameplay improvement IMO.....showing me basic one handed passes by top rated PG's doesn't exactly make me jump off my couch and scream hell yea.....

That's all I got out of that video was some basic fundamental basketball stuff that EA decided to showcase.

If they want to IMPRESS us why not show the CPU AI breaking down his man and then getting into the paint and setting up his big man for a lob or dunk.....

Show me a perimeter stopper like Tony Allen working hard on defense and not just hopping side to side brainless in the same manner as the other 4 defenders on his team.....

Show me some PNR action where players have to fight through a screen and we can see contact on the perimeter and how the action plays out the same way you showcased your in the paint contact....

How about letting us see J.J. Reddick or Ray Allen types move without the ball to get open for a 3-pt shot instead of showing us videos where guys just stand motionless and wait for the ball to arrive.....

You see all this stuff has been constant before with EA....they trot out their HYPE TRAILER showcasing things they want us to see and hope it takes away the attention from the things that have plagued the series for the past decade.

It's called trust and when a franchise takes two years off and then promises their fan base they are doing every thing possible to get the series back on the right track yet proceeds to release one sub par video after another (and that is my opinion) then you start to lose patience and give up on them at some point especially if they can't even give us a game on NEXT GEN consoles that doesn't animate or move right.

# 154 btrapp @ 10/02/14 01:16 AM
While I can definitely see improvements in graphics and animations from last years version, that's not saying much as last years version was trash in those respects. Unless your just rooting for nba live to be good, I really don't see anything in that video worth getting excited about because there is another bball game out there that basically does everything much better.

The beauty of competition is that we don't have to settle for EA "getting better," but hold ea to the very high standards set, and expect excellence out of them in every area of there basketball game before spending another dime on their product.

# 155 swac07 @ 10/02/14 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
FIFA 15 collision animations are on point. Players fall and flip over each other, and it's look good in real time. That's what we want to see with Live.
Ehhhh I wouldnt say on point..realtime they get away with it maybe but when they show an automatic replay of what happened it looks wonky as hell....

# 156 swac07 @ 10/02/14 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I would assume the are using a proprietary engine that is shared by the different development teams/games, so likely they are using a physics engine which has already been seen in Madden, FIFA and NHL.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk
Gotcha!!!!!

# 157 shutdown10 @ 10/02/14 07:30 AM
Quote:
You got it all wrong man....

Some of us have no loyalty to either b-ball game.

In fact there are a few die hard Live fans who are vividly upset over the direction of the game and the lack of progress despite taking 2 years off.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not here to bash the game....trust me I would love for EA to hit a home run or release a solid game this year because I haven't played a basketball game long term since Live 10.

I'm just expressing my dissatisfaction with some of the gameplay issues I've seen year after year with this series and to now have it on Next Gen consoles and still produce sub par animations and player movements that just rubs me the wrong way.

If they can't give us a legitimate upgrade in those two aspects of gameplay I'm afraid to see what is going to happen when we have to rely on Synergy to represent the games AI on the floor.

It's not about bashing the game for some us it's about giving us something for once to feel good about the direction of the franchise again....

And showing me a video of passes that are sped up compared to recent versions of the game doesn't qualify as a upgrade or gameplay improvement IMO.....showing me basic one handed passes by top rated PG's doesn't exactly make me jump off my couch and scream hell yea.....

That's all I got out of that video was some basic fundamental basketball stuff that EA decided to showcase.

If they want to IMPRESS us why not show the CPU AI breaking down his man and then getting into the paint and setting up his big man for a lob or dunk.....

Show me a perimeter stopper like Tony Allen working hard on defense and not just hopping side to side brainless in the same manner as the other 4 defenders on his team.....

Show me some PNR action where players have to fight through a screen and we can see contact on the perimeter and how the action plays out the same way you showcased your in the paint contact....

How about letting us see J.J. Reddick or Ray Allen types move without the ball to get open for a 3-pt shot instead of showing us videos where guys just stand motionless and wait for the ball to arrive.....

You see all this stuff has been constant before with EA....they trot out their HYPE TRAILER showcasing things they want us to see and hope it takes away the attention from the things that have plagued the series for the past decade.

It's called trust and when a franchise takes two years off and then promises their fan base they are doing every thing possible to get the series back on the right track yet proceeds to release one sub par video after another (and that is my opinion) then you start to lose patience and give up on them at some point especially if they can't even give us a game on NEXT GEN consoles that doesn't animate or move right.
Its like you read my mind when you wrote this man! We all can definitely see here that they are being given the scrap budgets out of all the sports games they publish. Live is being managed poorly, and the process to innovate this game is taking way too long. I don't think they will ever be able to compete making baby step improvements like this. They have been the underdog for many years now, so why not aim high?

# 158 El_Poopador @ 10/02/14 07:32 AM
Quote:

While I agree that it would be great to see them taking the deep dive into things like AI, they have said all along this year that the focus was on graphics and controls. The "basic fundamental basketball stuff" may not be what you're looking for, but I think they are trying to show that they have the fundamentals down this year. Everything they did talk about was an issue last year.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see everything you mentioned as well. But from where they started last year, it's not reasonable to expect in a single cycle. Even on 2k's side, with a complete foundation to build from, they weren't able to get everything they wanted or that has been asked for this year. So to expect that from Live in the same amount of time, is a bit unreasonable.

Quote:

I don't think the Visuals trailer was necessarily for hype, but more just to showcase that they improved the graphics and a lot of the animations. Yea, a lot of the player movements are still stiff and awkward looking, but they are still much better than last year.

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't expect a big leap. But we need to be more aware of what is possible in a single cycle. From what I've seen, they've done a lot to improve the game in one year, and as long as they keep improving and listening to feedback, I'll be interested to see what they're doing. Whether it's worth purchasing or not remains to be seen, and for me personally, the demo will be the deciding factor.

# 159 JBulls @ 10/02/14 08:09 AM
The passing still looks bad and unrealistic for some reason

# 160 The 24th Letter @ 10/02/14 08:16 AM
Man, I just can't get behind "it being better than last year" as a form of praise.

Guess I just expected nothing less than faces being scanned, animations being improved...they were near the bottom of the barrel last year. That's not to say I don't appreciate the additions of things like "rag doll physics" or some of the other improvements in this video...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.