Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, bringing it up to version 1.03. Check out the details below.

The team will be releasing the following content update later this month.

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Mrmagoo @ 10/10/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Let me rephrase my question: Is there a way to get the playoff update by itself or is it now rolled into a larger patch bundle that I would not want?
Sorry, my response was to your first paragraph of the post in which I had quoted. Where you mentioned you were considering buying it.
The game is a mess and unless you want to support such work, I'd stay away from it.
Then again.... apparently the world is upside down anyway...

# 202 mrsaito @ 10/10/14 02:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification Mrmagoo. I'm going to take your advice. I thought this might be the year I finally got off of NHL '11!

Maybe I'll get the PS3 version of this game...

# 203 bigwill33 @ 10/10/14 02:30 PM
It dawned on me that we have seen exactly what has happened with this patch and its effects on the game happen before. It even happened the last time the Kings won the cup.

That year EA put out a demo with the Kings and Devils and the gameplay was the best it had been in quite some time. The game launched and it was a pretty decent representation of hockey. It didn't take long until the online community bitched and EA jumped in with tuners and a patch that turned that game into exactly what we are playing now with this patch.

# 204 hyacinth1 @ 10/10/14 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So I haven't bought the game yet but since I just got PS4 and I'm a sports gamer I have been considering it.

It sounds like the 1.03 patch should be avoided but I would like to get the playoff mode update. Is there a way I can do both?
No. You have to dl both. But offline you can change back to version 1.00, but online you're screwed.

As for as v1.03, the whole game is based now on luck/chance. Skill does not matter.

# 205 Vikes1 @ 10/11/14 12:05 AM
Tried to play a GM mode game tonight, and about a minute in, nope. Shut the damn thing off. For those who are familiar with my posts through the years, know i've had a pretty positive view of NHL the last several years. But imo at this point, NHL 15 NG 's gameplay just sucks. These constant cheap goals, and absolutely freaking brain dead ai, is killing my will to play is thing. (End rant)

# 206 MizzouRah @ 10/11/14 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Tried to play a GM mode game tonight, and about a minute in, nope. Shut the damn thing off. For those who are familiar with my posts through the years, know i've had a pretty positive view of NHL the last several years. But imo at this point, NHL 15 NG 's gameplay just sucks. These constant cheap goals, and absolutely freaking brain dead ai, is killing my will to play is thing. (End rant)
Save yourself a headache and if you have a ps3 or x360, trade current gen NHL 15 in for last gen NHL 15. I was stupid and purchased the digital copy of NHL 15 current gen.. but I haven't played it at all since getting the last gen version.

AHL teams that play their games, game play that's been refined, heck.. just hearing "let's go blues" last night playing a game was music to my ears.

# 207 bigwill33 @ 10/11/14 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Save yourself a headache and if you have a ps3 or x360, trade current gen NHL 15 in for last gen NHL 15. I was stupid and purchased the digital copy of NHL 15 current gen.. but I haven't played it at all since getting the last gen version.

AHL teams that play their games, game play that's been refined, heck.. just hearing "let's go blues" last night playing a game was music to my ears.
Or save yourself the money and just play NHL 11-14 cause it's the exact same game, more or less.

NHL has been shelved in my house since the patch. I'll dust it off to try OTP, but if that is lame like I imagine it will be then I'm probably done with the game. Played well over 1000 games every year, will be lucky to crack 100 with NHL 15 at this pace.

# 208 Vikes1 @ 10/11/14 11:30 AM
Quote:

No such luck, Mizz. Traded my 360 for ps4, which i love.....but not NHL at the moment. The freaking demo played better. Pretty sure a tuner that takes .2 sec to download won't fix this thing. Fearing '16' may be the big gameplay patch we'll see, if then. The whole concept behind BEAGM is a total loss imo, when no matter the ratings, the ai is terrible. Not ready to give up yet, but getting close. Man, just one month in, and ready to pull the plug.

# 209 hyacinth1 @ 10/11/14 11:43 AM
I was bored and got online last night. This patch is the absolute worst.

Every game ended 1-1 and into OT. I played like 6 online games last night, and every game 1-1. It's like it was predetermined to be artificially be close.

5 on 3's are not even an advantage. The goalie is superman and stops everything. Me and the random people I was playing were just laughing how broken the game was. I was on a 5 on 3 and some of my opponents were on 5 on 3's and we had countless open nets but the super goalie made super human saves.

I kept playing because everyone I played had a good laugh with me on how broken this stupid patch made the game.

I guess I'm still holding out hope the next patch does something better. Maybe they can just go back to v1.00 online but I know they won't. I hear they're working on NHL 16 already so this year's version is all but forgotten.

# 210 Vikes1 @ 10/11/14 01:21 PM
Imo, the gameplay 'was' the only reason to have this game. Now, that's gone too.

# 211 SinisterAlex @ 10/11/14 01:56 PM
I just want them to patch the broken manual passing. Playing online versus can be so incredibly frustrating at times. I'm 23-13-2 which I think is a pretty decent record but half those losses I swear are from my passes/ plays not going the way I want them too.

I'll be on a 3 on 2 and I see the trailer coming up, I try to pass it to him with my left stick clearly pointed down and it passes the puck across to the man that's covered....

Or when in my own zone I see a guy skating down the wing, I try to pass to him only for the puck to go to a player that's standing still in the middle of the ice on my own zone. He get's the puck, gets checked because he's standing still and I get scored on.

# 212 MizzouRah @ 10/11/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Or save yourself the money and just play NHL 11-14 cause it's the exact same game, more or less.

NHL has been shelved in my house since the patch. I'll dust it off to try OTP, but if that is lame like I imagine it will be then I'm probably done with the game. Played well over 1000 games every year, will be lucky to crack 100 with NHL 15 at this pace.
Nah.. NHL 15 on last gen is the best in the series.

# 213 MizzouRah @ 10/11/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
No such luck, Mizz. Traded my 360 for ps4, which i love.....but not NHL at the moment. The freaking demo played better. Pretty sure a tuner that takes .2 sec to download won't fix this thing. Fearing '16' may be the big gameplay patch we'll see, if then. The whole concept behind BEAGM is a total loss imo, when no matter the ratings, the ai is terrible. Not ready to give up yet, but getting close. Man, just one month in, and ready to pull the plug.
Tough luck then.. keep those old gen consoles.

# 214 bigwill33 @ 10/11/14 03:27 PM
Quote:
Nah.. NHL 15 on last gen is the best in the series.
That's like being the tallest midget.

# 215 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/11/14 09:14 PM
Impressions and thoughts

Do you think what was done in the update can be fixed by only a tuner update as I think it was whatever they changed in the patch .

I tested this game on pro in a best of 7 on the latest tuner while toning down the hitting and most of the goals if not all were generated/scripted with physics nowhere to be found .

You ever notice when the cpu needs a key goal they get two big hits on you and then a easy score where you have no control and you cant defend ?

If these changes they made were for online play to keep balance so bad players have a chance against great players then offline gameplay like the release version had is probably lost .

They really need to keep gameplay tuners or updates separate for online and offline play .

My Mod friend on the EA site says you really have to adjust your strategies when cpu boost mode starts up like older NHL versions when that crazy stuff happens in the last minute to be able to defend it but I play on Hybrid controls and adjusting strategies to my knowledge has no option .

See even though I can toned done all the crazy stuff it still doesnt matter as everything has a scripted feel so at that point whats the use ?
Well my two fall leagues on the ice just started up so I wont have much time anyhow but hopefully EA addresses things .
Take Care Boys

# 216 tessl @ 10/11/14 09:28 PM
Question - Multiple people are saying gameplay is worse since the patch. If I buy the game and simply avoid the patch will I be okay or do I need the patch for other reasons?

# 217 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/11/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Question - Multiple people are saying gameplay is worse since the patch. If I buy the game and simply avoid the patch will I be okay or do I need the patch for other reasons?
Not worse totally different with almost a scripted feel and great puck and player physics are now gone and the game plays like NHL 11 or 12 .

If you want anything online like to play ,roster updates , tuners ect you will have to download all updates first to get them so maybe only play offline as it will try to auto update .

# 218 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/11/14 09:57 PM
Dear refs,

Get out of the way.

Sincerely,

everyone.

# 219 sweetjones @ 10/12/14 10:36 AM
Is there any possible way to uninstall this patch but keep the tuner set?

# 220 tessl @ 10/12/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Not worse totally different with almost a scripted feel and great puck and player physics are now gone and the game plays like NHL 11 or 12 .

If you want anything online like to play ,roster updates , tuners ect you will have to download all updates first to get them so maybe only play offline as it will try to auto update .
What are tuners? Sliders?

From what I've seen the ability to draft is a plus but it sounds like gameplay has taken a big hit.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.