Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, bringing it up to version 1.03. Check out the details below.

The team will be releasing the following content update later this month.

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 racerx @ 10/02/14 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Still no goal total for season after scoring?
I was hoping they patched this in too....

# 22 jake19ny @ 10/02/14 12:25 PM
Oh no I hope this was just a bad game but my first game in BeaGM after the update was a total mess. I dominated time of possession and shots but was destroyed on face offs and lost 3-2 despite only giving up 11 shots on goal. Pre update my games were great and all the stats were fairly even....I hope this is not a sign of things to come

# 23 cp22 @ 10/02/14 12:37 PM
They really need to fix the crowd for Hurricanes games. Half the crowd is wearing green Hartford Whalers jerseys. it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm pretty sure no one in Carolina is going to be wearing a Whalers jersey.

# 24 GlennN @ 10/02/14 01:03 PM
So no patch on the 360/PS3? I wouldn't mind, except EA priced that generation the same, so shouldn't they be supported the same?

# 25 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/02/14 01:24 PM
Better AI?

Let's head to the tape.

And yes, that was the game winner

# 26 Taku @ 10/02/14 01:33 PM
Looks like puck changes direction from Jagr's stick so that rebound is understandable? It's a weak goal but could be just bad luck...

# 27 SVCbearcat10 @ 10/02/14 01:33 PM
^Goalie should have covered that. It was a bouncing puck so you can't fault the AI for not handling it.

On a related, but unrelated note... I don't want perfect AI because that means every defender is elite. People are always out of place and doing stupid stuff in the real NHL. But when it happens in the game, it sucks and unrealistic.

# 28 bowld @ 10/02/14 01:34 PM
Any word on when they will update the Blues uniforms and the new 3rd jerseys from Pitt, Phil and Tampa?

# 29 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/02/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
^\
On a related, but unrelated note... I don't want perfect AI because that means every defender is elite. People are always out of place and doing stupid stuff in the real NHL. But when it happens in the game, it sucks and unrealistic.
Yep, I hear you. Having uneven AI is good, but this game has a way of making it look stupid.

At times, the CPU is bumbling and stupid, at other times it can read a puck faster than Crosby.

# 30 Mrmagoo @ 10/02/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Still no goal total for season after scoring?
Smh!!! What the hell, what is it with sports games (mind you stats are huge in most sports) that half half *** stat tracking??
For gods sake! I'm done with the stupid ****!!
Won't even bother purchasing another sports title until it's verified for myself that stats are damn near complete and tracked properly and from year to year also!!!!
So the announcer can get it right but the overlays and stat tracking doesn't?... Wtf

# 31 Nickflyers @ 10/02/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Any word on when they will update the Blues uniforms and the new 3rd jerseys from Pitt, Phil and Tampa?
Philly won't need to be updated. They are using their Winter Classic jersey as the 3rd.

# 32 MDgolf @ 10/02/14 02:41 PM
agreed that is really annoying not posting goal totals. Anyway has anyone actually played since the patch and can pass along some notes?

# 33 areobee401 @ 10/02/14 02:44 PM
Calm down, man. Sheesh. lol

Happy to see EA continue tot patch the game. Admittedly I haven't played a single minute since release week. That should change once the NHL regular season begins. Continued patches is encouraging. Gives me something to look forward to once I eventually dive back in.

# 34 GrandMaster B @ 10/02/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan3026
Listen to the PA announcer carefully, he says what # goal it was on the season in his announcement. It's not the same as seeing it, but it's something.
He only says that for the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, etc. goal. Not for like the 12th goal. Besides, I want to see it on the screen. The scoring summary after the game even has it wrong for one team.

# 35 reth316 @ 10/02/14 03:14 PM
I've noticed the gameplay more challenging with the patch. Harder to pass now. Goalies seem better which is good. Massively frustrated with the presentation on this game, sure it all looks nice but no season goals total when someone scores and no stat banners in games really kill the point of gm mode for me. Feels like I'm playing exhibition games. I've seen a banner that came up once when one of my players was on a 5 game goal streak, that's the only one I've seen. Why not more!?

# 36 RynoSabre @ 10/02/14 03:24 PM
This is great that they are improving the gamePLAY. I think some of the issues over modes has been blown out of proportion but there are still very significant issues with game modes. Outside of when OTP is coming, the number one thing I have seen, and I agree with is WHEN/IS there going to be simming to next shift in BAP? The game mode is broken and unplayable without this feature. The addition of "coaches comments" was nice but I would gladly sacrifice that for the ability to not have to sit and watch the game from the bench. I realize the troubles that the dev team had to cope with and decisions had to be made but the exclusion of this feature makes me think that nobody actually PLAYED BAP before release because nobody likes to just sit and watch the game from the bend. It's a lifeblood feature of the gamemode. How is it left out?
The gameplay this season is much improved, as are the visuals. But there has to be legitimate reasons to play the game. Single games and abbreviated GM mode are not one of them. They stripped out the offline tournaments in HUT which makes that mode almost pointless too. I don't play online much so my focus is on the offline features.
It's so frustrating because I have played every game in the NHL series all the way back to the beginning. I got an xbox one for multiple reasons but the primary drive in terms of the timing that I got it was to be ready for NHL 15. It wasn't released on next gen last year while other EA sports games were. As hockey fans, we accepted that and said "okay, but we expect great things next year." Outside of a few small tweaks in gameplay (VERY small), the last gen versions of NHL 15 are carbon copies, living up to a term that I have fought against for year, the "yearly roster update." I have defended this series (and others that EA has made) from that term countless times. This year I just can't. The "old" gen versions appear to have so little improvement in them that it makes me wonder where all the dev time went? If it wasn't put into making massive improvements in the last gen, and it wasn't put into implementing game modes that we, as fans, have come to love over the years, in the next gen versions, where did it go?
I'm not going to attack EA blindly and call them names because that's pointless and juvenile. I just have to ask the questions that everyone else is asking. WHERE is everything and WHY wasn't it implemented? Please EA, tell us why you have, by all appearances, forsaken the NHL franchise that a group of fiercely loyal fans have defended and loved for so many years.

# 37 bigwill33 @ 10/02/14 04:58 PM
Quick's mask looks amazing now. Shows how important having actual equipment in the game is. Hopefully they can get more approval in using other masks in moving forward, or allow us to edit our own files from a computer into the game so we can have them all updated for our own personal use!

Played one game online; not sure if it is just a placebo effect or what, but noticed a ton more hitting in that one game. Any contact was simply more powerful than I had noticed before. People were getting slammed all over the ice. It was really overdone. Hopefully was just farce and a one game thing and not patch related.

# 38 saintjimbo1885 @ 10/02/14 06:01 PM
Played a few games and the hitting seems a bit over the top now. First game was the Flyers (CPU) against the Capitals on All-Star/Sim and the CPU was just going round the ice body checking everyone. Stats were all over the place as well, with me having way more possession and shots but ending up getting beat 3-2.

Here's hoping this isn't going to be the norm!!

# 39 ericromain @ 10/02/14 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
How big is the patch in megabytes?

Has the ai defense really improved? How does it fare in neutral zone?

Thanks
It's 1.74 GB

# 40 bonannogiovanni @ 10/02/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
It's 1.74 GB
Does it justify all those fixes? The previous patch had new gameplay modes and was smaller, is EA hiding us something?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.