Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, bringing it up to version 1.03. Check out the details below.

The team will be releasing the following content update later this month.

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bigwill33 @ 10/02/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Played a few games and the hitting seems a bit over the top now. First game was the Flyers (CPU) against the Capitals on All-Star/Sim and the CPU was just going round the ice body checking everyone. Stats were all over the place as well, with me having way more possession and shots but ending up getting beat 3-2.

Here's hoping this isn't going to be the norm!!
That is what I am fearing. I don't know what they did to the hitting, but it is like crazy insane arcade blowup style now. No sliders for online, so we are stuck with whatever they did.

# 42 jyoung @ 10/02/14 07:30 PM
Ultimate Team actually got worse after the patch:

1) You can now only bid in 50-coin increments once a card is on your active bid list. "After the gun" bidding wars go on forever now. I saw a Phil Kessel bidding war that lasted 20 minutes after the auction had "ended."

2) It no longer saves your previous listing price for all unsold cards. The scrolling speed while listing higher-value cards remains incredibly slow.

3) Putting cards up for auction seems to randomly freeze the game at times.

The collection reward glitch is also still in the game. I completed Philadelphia tonight and didn't receive the reward packs, even though the game showed all "34/34" cards in my collection.

# 43 OverPowerYou @ 10/02/14 07:34 PM
If I start a GM Mode right now, will the GM Draft from the next patch be incorporated into my existing season or will I have to start from scratch if I want to have live Draft?

# 44 Balrog @ 10/02/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverPowerYou
If I start a GM Mode right now, will the GM Draft from the next patch be incorporated into my existing season or will I have to start from scratch if I want to have live Draft?

Rammer said it would be implemented into the game. So play on it will be their.

# 45 MizzouRah @ 10/02/14 08:25 PM
CPU hits are on par with me now.. 23 hits last game on me!

# 46 infernoisdead @ 10/02/14 08:45 PM
I'm not sure if this was addressed in the fixes for GM mode, but I'm really hoping the issue I'm seeing where items are under the wrong headers in the roster moves screen (ie. salary under the overall header)

The other issue I'm finding is when I create a player and assign him to a team, once I get into my GM mode he is assigned to a different team all together. It is seemingly random what team he will go to.

# 47 LighttheLamp @ 10/02/14 08:54 PM
Has the slot defense been addressed? Thats my biggest concern

# 48 Simple Mathematics @ 10/02/14 09:40 PM
Cool updates. Really want edit player though.

# 49 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/02/14 09:54 PM
The hitting has become OP. I have no problem with the CPU getting higher numbers of hits (this was needed) it is the fact they can now knock your skater to the ice without regards for momentum or strength. Ive already got the hit strength slider at 0.

The other thing I noticed is the perfect CPU passing from their zone through neutral ice. Once they get the puck in their zone, they are getting a shot on goal.

# 50 bigwill33 @ 10/02/14 11:00 PM
Wow, the hitting is a mess now! Played another couple of games online to see and it is just car crash hockey all over. Back to people just trying to hit all of the time now to play defense. People must have been crying that there was no way to defend other than to poke check all day.

The worst part is the hits are back to defying logic and the laws of physics. No momentum or change in direction is needed, just simply flick your stick in the direction of the player you wish to crush and BLAM-O! There is also the momentum hits everywhere now. The ones that occur just from skating and coming into contact with other bodies. It is over the top, so much so that I will have to recharge my controller's batteries every other game with how much my shiz is rumbling now.

To top all of this off; the momentum swings are back in full force again from hitting. If you win or lose the hitting battle will determine how your teams react. If you are destroying people left and right you will have no problem getting back on defense, even when you are out of position to start with. So stupid! This rewards the players that only want to hit and couldn't care less about tactics or strategy. You know, the parts of hockey that really matter.

How do you release patches that make things worse? Whose feedback are they working off of here? Online is awful to me now.

# 51 jaiman @ 10/02/14 11:38 PM
I saw something promising after one period. Two pucks went out of play. One from an errant shot completely missing the net. The other, a deflection off the goalie's blocker from a shot in the slot.

# 52 Elite49 @ 10/03/14 12:44 AM
So far it plays better, will have to look out for the hitting. What they need to do is get rid of the going down on one knee animation when two people accidentally collide or are not ready for it. Its roughly that 70% of the time and 30% of the time its cool physics based wipeouts.

# 53 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/03/14 12:51 AM
Gonna try gameplay now but pretty cool they added Quicks real goalie mask and the oilers one looks great too ! It will be cool if they keep adding little things as the year goes on .

Freakin sliders reset again ? 2014 Boys add a Roster share and in game slider saves

# 54 hockeyyt988 @ 10/03/14 12:59 AM
How do you know the patch downloaded? Is there an option, or just automatically appear or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 55 canucksss @ 10/03/14 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead

The other issue I'm finding is when I create a player and assign him to a team, once I get into my GM mode he is assigned to a different team all together. It is seemingly random what team he will go to.
After creating your player (under that page, click it and then it will show you some options either edit or assign to a team. I did that step and when I started BGM, the CAP is there. So you might missed some steps.

Going back to patch 1.03, i was really hoping that EA could pull it off to save this game. It made more of a mess...so its official, I am trading my free game to get another game...probably 2k15 NBA.

# 56 infernoisdead @ 10/03/14 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
After creating your player (under that page, click it and then it will show you some options either edit or assign to a team. I did that step and when I started BGM, the CAP is there. So you might missed some steps.

Going back to patch 1.03, i was really hoping that EA could pull it off to save this game. It made more of a mess...so its official, I am trading my free game to get another game...probably 2k15 NBA.

With the player I made, I set his draft year to 2014, NHL team to Colorado. Then I assigned him an OHL squad.

I started my gm and he was on the Flyers roster. Then I backed out, tried again and he was on the Blue Jackets roster. Both times he was in their system and in the CHL. Kind of weird, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

# 57 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/03/14 02:06 AM
After 1 game in Playoff Mode near default Allstar Im seeing more penalties lots of stick work and cpu aggression so I may have to lower penalties as I had 10 pp in a 8 minute periods first game with Van vs Ana .

Overall Im really like the gameplay as it seems puck and collision physics are kinda back like how it was in PLAY NOW before the first patch which is nice as I can now block clearing shots ect without any ghosting ? I will post boxscores for my next game

# 58 canucksss @ 10/03/14 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead
With the player I made, I set his draft year to 2014, NHL team to Colorado. Then I assigned him an OHL squad.

I started my gm and he was on the Flyers roster. Then I backed out, tried again and he was on the Blue Jackets roster. Both times he was in their system and in the CHL. Kind of weird, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Oh ok.... I made my CAP drafted in 2010. But I was wondering how you assigned him to OHL after putting him in Colorado. I was not given that option.

# 59 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/03/14 02:54 AM
To tired to post a screen but game #2 same teams me Van at Ana and I lost in ot 4-3 after I dominated all of the game with 2/6 on pp and cpu 0/2.

I lost a 3-0 in the last minute as they scored at 19.02 , 19:25 and 19:47 on some total Baa7serker mode stuff I havent seen in a longtime some bouncy cant control the pucks too

All stats were even but TOA even with my 4 PP advantage and Cpu out hit me in a checkfest 26 to 11 so i think thats whats there trying to use to make you dump and chase more ?
In the last minute when it matter most 5 times my players on perfectly line up hits just bounced off the cpu on big hits . Not even really bounced just blocked out like whatever I tried to do even trying to get a penalty hard no response ??? But they did have the momentum

I mean why put out gameplay patches that try to fix one thing poorly and then screw up many more so were back to NHL 13/14 check fest rules ? oh and the weird my fresh line has no legs and cpu is in turbo mode , really cheap feeling but hopefully sliders still work so I can tone down Hits as it being overused as a advantage instead of strategies and AI .

Well its only one game so who knows what will unfold next game but its the first time I felt like I had no chance and Im really tired but Im dying to see what happens next .

# 60 sram444 @ 10/03/14 02:55 AM
waste of time.... the only feature in this game that matters is online multiplayer mode..... This game is god awful.... It really shouldnt take almost 2 years to figure out how to include online multiplayer when its been in previous versions for years.... Its absolutely pathetic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.