Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 player ratings for the top 5 defenders in the game. How does your top 5 list look compared to this one?
  • Kawhi Leonard - 95 DEF
  • Tony Allen - 95 DEF
  • Patrick Beverley - 95 DEF
  • Andre Iguodala - 92 DEF
  • LeBron James - 91 DEF
Below is the release date schedule for the rest of the ratings and links to those that have already released.
  • 9/23 - Top 5 PGs (Released)
  • 9/24 – Top 5 SGs (Released)
  • 9/25 – Top 6 SFs (Released)
  • 9/26 – Top 5 PFs (Released)
  • 9/27 – Top 5 Cs (Released)
  • 9/28 – Top 5 3Pt Shooters (Released)
  • 9/29 – Top 5 Dunkers (Released)
  • 9/30 – Top 5 Ballhandlers (Released)
  • 10/1 – Top 5 Shot Blockers (Released)
  • 10/2 – Top 5 Overall Defenders (Released)
  • 10/3 – Top 5 Scoring Threats
  • 10/4 – Top 5 Rookies
  • 10/5 – Top 5 Passers
  • 10/6 – Top 5 Rebounders
  • 10/7 – Top 5 Steal Threats
  • 10/8 – Top 5 Fastest Players
  • 10/9 – Top 5 Dynamic Duos
  • 10/10 – Top 5 6th Men
  • 10/11 – Full Team Ratings (Atlantic Division)
  • 10/12 – Full Team Ratings (Central Division)
  • 10/13 – Full Team Ratings (Southeast Division)
  • 10/14 – Full Team Ratings (Northwest Division)
  • 10/15 – Full Team Ratings (Pacific Division)
  • 10/16 – Full Team Ratings (Southwest Division)
Quote:
Player ratings in NBA LIVE 15 will be updated throughout the regular season; and player tendencies, powered by Synergy Sports Technologies, are updated after each game throughout the NBA season. These updates allow NBA LIVE 15 to provide an experience that is constantly evolving as a player’s performance evolves based on what is happening in the real-world NBA.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DBMcGee3 @ 10/03/14 08:55 AM
Iggy is a better defender than LeBriggy? Na brah.

# 22 kwebbvols4423 @ 10/03/14 09:19 AM
Glad to see TA as a 95 on defense. I am guessing they screwed up his face pretty bad if they put a back shot up of him.

# 23 Jakeness23 @ 10/03/14 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE_Fernando
I could see why you would think players are high but, we're only showing the best players.

Looking forward to your feedback when the season starts up.
Hey thanks for the response. But I will say that for next year, from what I've seen so far, the 2 things that need the most work is how the players look from the broadcast camera (they look REALLY good up close, but backed away they look plasticy again) and smoothening out the animations, still tends to look a little jerky. If association and rising star get some upgrades it'll be a huge year for Live 16. But I like the direction that 15 is going in.

# 24 _Fernando @ 10/03/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So since everything is being handled by Synergy I wonder if EA is taking this kind of data and utilizing it to rank the defenders

This was in reference to Chandler Parsons

"According to Synergy Sports, Parsons ranked 190th as an overall defender last season, allowing 0.88 points per possession. He ranked 219th in isolation (0.93) and 204th in post-up situations (0.94). Parsons was well above average guarding pick-and-roll ballhandlers, ranking 70th and allowing 0.74 points per possession."

This probably won't get a feedback but I'd love to know if Synergy will handle some of the defensive data in Live 15 (like it will for the offense)

Could you rephrase your question? I'd love to answer it.

# 25 Playmakers @ 10/03/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
Could you rephrase your question? I'd love to answer it.
I was giving you an example of how Chandler Parsons graded out last year based on synergy data for him defensively and was wondering if EA uses this data......

So my question would be are you guys using the synergy data to dictate individual defense and team defense in the game(s) or is that end of the floor purely controlledby EA ratings own assigned ratings each player?

# 26 _Fernando @ 10/03/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I was giving you an example of how Chandler Parsons graded out last year based on synergy data for him defensively and was wondering if EA uses this data......

So my question would be are you guys using the synergy data to dictate individual defense and team defense in the game(s) or is that end of the floor purely controlledby EA ratings own assigned ratings each player?
Gotcha.

Synergy has lots of good information. The tricky part is "translating" it.

If we decided to say, the #1 person in Isolation defense is our best on ball defender, we would end up with Brook Lopez as our best defender.

I don't think any of us would be happy with that result.

So, I've been setting the ratings and using a few synergy categories, weighing each of them differently. I feel like it gets about 80% of it lining up correctly and then we adjust where the numbers don't line up with the guys expectations of where they should be in the scheme of things. It's not where I want to end up but, we'll be tweaking it.

For help defense, I use some synergy and mesh it with some APM and DRTG.
Within synergy, I look at how players do against the PnR and Cut situations.

As the season progresses, the new numbers will get thrown in the mix and we should see defensive changes throughout the season.

Does that answer your question?

# 27 Playmakers @ 10/03/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Gotcha.

Synergy has lots of good information. The tricky part is "translating" it.

If we decided to say, the #1 person in Isolation defense is our best on ball defender, we would end up with Brook Lopez as our best defender.

I don't think any of us would be happy with that result.

So, I've been setting the ratings and using a few synergy categories, weighing each of them differently. I feel like it gets about 80% of it lining up correctly and then we adjust where the numbers don't line up with the guys expectations of where they should be in the scheme of things. It's not where I want to end up but, we'll be tweaking it.

For help defense, I use some synergy and mesh it with some APM and DRTG.
Within synergy, I look at how players do against the PnR and Cut situations.

As the season progresses, the new numbers will get thrown in the mix and we should see defensive changes throughout the season.

Does that answer your question?
Yes Sir 100%

I've been following your work with the ratings and I will admit you do actively listen to the NBA Live fans.

I know it's possible to get every player rated right but I think you have done a great job with your research.

# 28 CliffPierre @ 10/04/14 09:02 PM
Going by stats from last season, last time I looked up Lebron's defensive stats, he was playing the worst defense he had in a while.

Melo and Durant beat him out in a few categories. Of course, Lebron had a larger sample because he played more games. But Lebron wasn't all-world.

Maybe I interpreted the stats wrong, but even my eye test showed me that Lebron's active defense has been overhyped for a while, most notably last season.

He's still quick and can "guard" a PG like Tony Parker for a few possessions but that just tires him out and it was only effective because the Heat doubled the PG at the perimeter and Lebron and Bosh were too tall for most guards to see over well.

But I guess it all comes down to context in that case.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.