Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Or watch it here. We will update this post with an archived link when it's over.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive.

UPDATE #2: Learn all about NBA 2K15's MyPARK in the latest blog here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LandCav23 @ 10/03/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Judging by your name you was never a Cav fan.. always a Lebron rider judging by the time you joined you just started being a bandwagon. so I doubt you was ever playing with Kyrie but good try!
Lol I'm Cleveland born and raised. fan of the Cavs and LeBron. its funny that this season if you are a fan of the cavaliers you must have jumped on the bandwagon. bring your hornets and i'll bench LeBron and see what you get

# 42 etched Chaos @ 10/03/14 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
Is it really a huge deal to max out your player outside of caps? Unless it's ridiculously harder this year, usually a mid 80's to 90 player was more than good enough to be able to dominant with. I think the highest I even got with one of mine was a 92 and even that felt overpowered.
It gives me a target to aim for; the best. Why should I not be able to reach that plateau in MyCareer? It has no effect on MyPark as they've taken steps to address that problem, so why should I be restricted to a low 90's player?

I think another problem is that neither LD2K or Ronnie have been particularly clear about the extent of the cap. Do the badges boost my attributes or give me more upgrade buckets? Do they boost caps? Or is the cap hardwired and badges boost play but have no effect on where your attributes plateau?

# 43 Clappington @ 10/03/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCav23
Lol I'm Cleveland born and raised. fan of the Cavs and LeBron. its funny that this season if you are a fan of the cavaliers you must have jumped on the bandwagon. bring your hornets and i'll bench LeBron and see what you get
Bench him or start n see what work yall can get lmao, can't stop Big Al dont worry Lance got some careless whispers for bronny bron so what park are you joining?

# 44 charlesadams3rd @ 10/03/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
YES. THIS.

I will play MyPark this year but I don't want to be forced into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the emphasis is that you have to PLAY. no buying anything to Max out. If you play mycareer enough you will still earn badges to boost your ratings. I believe that was said earlier.

# 45 LandCav23 @ 10/03/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Bench him or start n see what work yall can get lmao, can't stop Big Al dont worry Lance got some careless whispers for bronny bron so what park are you joining?
Old Town Flyers because I'm about team ball and defense. You?

# 46 LD2k @ 10/03/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
LD2K needs to clear-up the whole play both MyCareer and MyPark to max players bit, is that for both modes or MyPark only? Because you can get stuffed if my MyCareer guy can only max-out if I play MyPark, because I'm not a online player, ever. I want to play a career, I don't want to have to play online too just so my Career player gets to his maximum level.
You will start and be able to add attributes - the buckets vary depending on position.

You cannot max out at a 99 this year, not close. So even if you max out, you will have to earn more attribute bucket slots to fill up by playing MyCAREER and/or MyPARK. You will have to also EARN every badge you work for, but can upgrade badges once you receive them.

You can create players like point-forwards, but their play making maxed out won't be as high as say a PG. And rebounding for a PG won't be as maxed out nearly as high as a center. This, on top of the badge system, helps individualize players even further. Something the team spent a lot of time focusing on.

Hope that helps.

# 47 Bornindamecca @ 10/03/14 05:01 PM
The way I understand it, you upgrade your MyCareer player through VC and earned badges. After you earn badges, you can upgrade those with VC. This will take the place of maxing out your player. It's the lack of badges that keep people in the 80s after spending all of their VC.

You can't fully upgrade your player in MyPark because you need the MyCareer earned badges to do that. You can fully complete your player in MyCareer and never go to MyPark.

Hopefully LD2k or someone else can confirm or correct this interpretation.

# 48 Clappington @ 10/03/14 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
You will start and be able to add attributes - the buckets vary depending on position.

You cannot max out at a 99 this year, not close. So even if you max out, you will have to earn more attribute bucket slots to fill up by playing MyCAREER and/or MyPARK. You will have to also EARN every badge you work for, but can upgrade badges once you receive them.

Hope that helps.
What about making a squad with your friends and them being in a a different affiliation?

# 49 Taer @ 10/03/14 05:02 PM
For you guys worried that you will be forced to play MyPark - go to @50.00 mark where they first enter the attribute additions. The game states you earn the badges by playing MyCareer ...

So the earning of badges should be obtainable either by playing MyCareer or MyPark - the point being you must play one or the other to earn badges.

I know LD said MyCareer and MyPark but it sounded to me that he was throwing MyPark on the end of that sentence to try to clarify that you can play either to earn the badges.

Looks like I was ninja'd. Typing slow sucks

# 50 Clappington @ 10/03/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCav23
Old Town Flyers because I'm about team ball and defense. You?
Same All about defense ant stress it enough! you on x1?

# 51 LD2k @ 10/03/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I know LD said MyCareer and MyPark but it sounded to me that he was throwing MyPark on the end of that sentence to try to clarify that you can play either to earn the badges
MyCAREER for badges.

Tons of MyPARK rewards as you earn Rep.

All of it ties back into your MyPLAYER, and earning and making yourself better.

# 52 LandCav23 @ 10/03/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Same All about defense ant stress it enough! you on x1?
No I'm going PS4 route. I think more people play on there.

# 53 biatch0 @ 10/03/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
MyCAREER for badges.

So to be clear, you can progress to max on MyCareer alone without touching MyPark... and a MyCareer/MyPark character would not be statwise better than a purely MyCareer character in MyCareer.

Correct? (I hope the above made sense)

# 54 Taer @ 10/03/14 05:12 PM
My biggest take-away from this is that It is time to detach MyCareer MyPlayers from MyPark MyPlayers.

I'm not going to judge the linearity of the MyCareer yet; it does look like the dev team is trying to listen with regards of getting rid of the in-game railroading - That is good!

We'll see if the career railroading is as bad as it looks on the surface... Overall, I am looking forward to MyCareer.

There are still a few questions and concerns I have - things like injuries... are they enabled at the start of the experience (before going in) so that players are injured as they should be or are players out for the season magically made whole as in years past?

I think it is time to experience everything and draw conclusions to the released material now.

Quote:
MyCAREER for badges.

Thanks for further clarifying things LD.

# 55 Bornindamecca @ 10/03/14 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
My biggest take-away from this is that It is time to detach MyCareer MyPlayers from MyPark MyPlayers.

I'm not going to judge the linearity of the MyCareer yet; it does look like the dev team is trying to listen with regards of getting rid of the in-game railroading - That is good!

We'll see if the career railroading is as bad as it looks on the surface... Overall, I am looking forward to MyCareer.

There are still a few questions and concerns I have - things like injuries... are they enabled at the start of the experience (before going in) so that players are injured as they should be or are players out for the season magically made whole as in years past?

I think it is time to experience everything and draw conclusions to the released material now.

Thanks for further clarifying things LD.
I like that you can take your MyCareer accomplishments to MyPark. It adds an endgame after you've won championships and gone on the HoF path. It has to be a one way street though, as far as ability. Applying certain cosmetic rewards to MyCareer from MyPark is ok, but all performance related abilities should be attainable in MyCareer.

# 56 lakers24 @ 10/03/14 05:36 PM
This is random but Lance Stephenson did mocap and his sig shot was on the list of animations(Charlotte is gonna be a beast to use)

# 57 Taer @ 10/03/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I like that you can take your MyCareer accomplishments to MyPark. It adds an endgame after you've won championships and gone on the HoF path. It has to be a one way street though, as far as ability. Applying certain cosmetic rewards to MyCareer from MyPark is ok, but all performance related abilities should be attainable in MyCareer.
Having an unified achievements list or summary for both is o.k. Having a shared presentation is also ok but less desirable to me. After all we have real NBA players who perform in things like the Seattle Pro-Am and that is the closest real-life thing I see to MyPark.

What I'm getting at though is from more of a developmental perspective. Both of these modes are very rich in possibilities and their original visions are quite good. It just seems to me that in presentation, the development of one seems to be impeding on the other and it is this I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
This is random but Lance Stephenson did mocap and his sig shot was on the list of animations(Charlotte is gonna be a beast to use)
Yes. If, for some reason, my Laker dreams are dashed on the deep depth of the Laker Point-Guard bench, I am seriously thinking the Hornets might be a very nice underdog to join this year. Of course, the Spurs are looking nice as well - Parker can't be playing into his 40's.... right?

# 58 BrickAssist @ 10/03/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
MyCAREER for badges.

But the MyPARK rewards are just for MyPARK, right? I don't need them as a MyCAREER only player to improve?

From the video it seems like some basic stuff like put back dunks and alley oops are from rep in MyPARK, will I be unable to do those in a MyCAREER match if I never touch MyPARK?

MyPARK seems really cool for those that like it, but I'm a single player first, and being locked out from maximizing my player because I don't play online would be really disappointing.

# 59 charlesadams3rd @ 10/03/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
But the MyPARK rewards are just for MyPARK, right? I don't need them as a MyCAREER only player to improve?

From the video it seems like some basic stuff like put back dunks and alley oops are from rep in MyPARK, will I be unable to do those in a MyCAREER match if I never touch MyPARK?

MyPARK seems really cool for those that like it, but I'm a single player first, and being locked out from maximizing my player because I don't play online would be really disappointing.
Basically you start fresh in mypark. You can do that stuff in single player just fine. However when you go into mypark, you actually have to start basic and work your way up through rep

# 60 Phreezy P @ 10/03/14 06:44 PM
The archive & stream is broken for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.