Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Or watch it here. We will update this post with an archived link when it's over.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive.

UPDATE #2: Learn all about NBA 2K15's MyPARK in the latest blog here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 oouie433 @ 10/04/14 12:29 AM
I love what they're doing with mycareer this year,

yet I still have one basic concern.

Does anyone know if the coach will put you at some weird position this year like he has in all the other games?

ie...If I make a 6'3 pass first pg, am I gonna have to play center for stretches of the game cause the computer HAS to get minutes for other players?

# 82 biatch0 @ 10/04/14 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
I know Ronnie said it for sure. I know he tweeted it a few days ago because someone asked him a question on it, and he confirmed it in a live-stream I believe.

Also, right before the live-stream today they re-scanned Ronnie's face and it was updated on his player so that should definitely confirm it for you.
On todays livestream, I got the impression that they started a new MyCareer from scratch and scanned his face for the "first time" for this particular livestream/MyCareer.

Just to be clear, I hope that you are right and that I happen to have an enormous ball of wax stuck in my ear causing me to hear wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I love what they're doing with mycareer this year,

yet I still have one basic concern.

Does anyone know if the coach will put you at some weird position this year like he has in all the other games?

ie...If I make a 6'3 pass first pg, am I gonna have to play center for stretches of the game cause the computer HAS to get minutes for other players?
I think that was a bug more than anything else and didn't affect everybody (no excuse for that bug or any other one of the many bugs in 2k14 though). I did 3 years on my PG, 2 years on my SF, and am midway through year 1 of my PF... I never had to play "too" far out of position (like PG to C) at all.

# 83 DeathstrokeXV @ 10/04/14 01:28 AM
Did they confirm whether we'll sit during blowouts

# 84 oouie433 @ 10/04/14 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
I think that was a bug more than anything else and didn't affect everybody (no excuse for that bug or any other one of the many bugs in 2k14 though). I did 3 years on my PG, 2 years on my SF, and am midway through year 1 of my PF... I never had to play "too" far out of position (like PG to C) at all.
I figured out what triggered it a long time ago....

Depending on how many players was at your position, and what play type you chose (athletic, defensive, pass first etc) would determine whether the coach would play you out of position

for example...if you were an athletic pg on the pistons (who already had 3-4 pgs on the team), chances are the cpu would play you out of position multiple times during the season as it had to make sure to play Jennings, Billups, Bynum, Siva AND your player.

but if you were a pass first pg (the play type I always choose cause I knew the cpu would ONLY play me at pg) and played for the bucs (who had pgs who played multiple positions), then chances are you would only play the pg spot during the season.

The problem with only being able to choose pass first pg to be sure to ONLY play pg in games was that it would take forever to get his speed and athleticism up to decent as opposed to starting as an athletic pg...so it was a hindrance.

So I hope they took it out where pgs will only play the 1 or the 2...maybe possibly the 3 depending on matchups as I know this was a legacy issue that has been there for years...they have to have known about it...

If not? guess I'll be playing pass first again this year as all I want to do is play the 1....sparingly the 2....

# 85 JYoung28 @ 10/04/14 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
We can now edit our jersey number!

It's sad this is something to be excited about.

# 86 TrustedDegree4 @ 10/04/14 02:14 AM
Shoes still cost over 8k+ and don't provide no boost to your myplayer. Something has to happen with that. Like you get them all free when you get your sponsor or reduce the price significantly. But other than that, I'm excited for all these new features.

Still want to know about accessories.

# 87 Equinox831 @ 10/04/14 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
Shoes still cost over 8k+ and don't provide no boost to your myplayer. Something has to happen with that. Like you get them all free when you get your sponsor or reduce the price significantly. But other than that, I'm excited for all these new features.

Still want to know about accessories.
You can't even wear the shoes until you have a sponsorship. I noticed that Ronnie was able to spend the VC on the KDs, but he couldn't equip them, so that's something to watch out for.

I would like to know if we have to purchase everything twice for home and away. In 2K14 if you wanted to switch your sleeve from white to black you had to go in and repurchase the sleeve in whatever color you wanted. With home and away accessories being available this year, it would be GREAT if we could just switch the color(s) and equip without having to repurchase.

# 88 TrustedDegree4 @ 10/04/14 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
You can't even wear the shoes until you have a sponsorship. I noticed that Ronnie was able to spend the VC on the KDs, but he couldn't equip them, so that's something to watch out for.

I would like to know if we have to purchase everything twice for home and away. In 2K14 if you wanted to switch your sleeve from white to black you had to go in and repurchase the sleeve in whatever color you wanted. With home and away accessories being available this year, it would be GREAT if we could just switch the color(s) and equip without having to repurchase.
Well I doubt you will have to buy it twice, but you never know with 2k. It been the same for the past 2 years, so I don't see it changing and people don't seem to have a problem with it. Having to buy a white for home and black for away.

# 89 nddot @ 10/04/14 05:03 AM
so what about the rotations?

Will we be forced to play 40+ minutes/game once we cracked into the starting 5 ?

# 90 King_B_Mack @ 10/04/14 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831

I'm assuming you'll have to buy each color again and you'll just pick when to wear it. So if I want to wear white at home and black on the road, I'd just buy a white sleeve and a black sleeve and set them for home or away. If I wanted to wear the black sleeve I bought at home, then I could just equip it in the home section. That was one thing I appreciated about last year, you didn't have to buy the same gear twice.

As for shoes, the way it worked was that you could only wear the shoes of whatever brand you were signed with during your league games, which makes sense considering you wouldn't see Bron rocking Adidas during an NBA game. However you could wear whatever you wanted off the court and at the park. Once you signed with a brand, all the shoes for that brand were free. Only real issue I have with that system is being forced to wear generic shoes until you sign a shoe deal. If I was in the NBA right now and didn't have a shoe deal, I could wear whatever shoe I wanted, not be forced to wear some Wal-Mart specials lol.

# 91 Boogabarz @ 10/04/14 08:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pCwGOw6P4

Next Gen hairstyles above 👆
My park and Jordan rec center below👇

http://youtu.be/Pgr_R2j2DEk

# 92 Boogabarz @ 10/04/14 08:38 AM
Booga barz

# 93 Boogabarz @ 10/04/14 08:39 AM

Next gen my park mode

# 94 Shadojoker @ 10/04/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogabarz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pCwGOw6P4

Next Gen hairstyles above 👆
My park and Jordan rec center below👇

Thanks for the videos Boombarz!!

# 95 szdfhsty @ 10/04/14 11:25 AM
Dangit...looks like I'm gonna be watching it after it's done.

# 96 Clappington @ 10/04/14 11:49 AM
Them dreads in the hair style to pick lookin rough.

# 97 Magnus1959 @ 10/04/14 05:06 PM
NBA players can wear any damn shoe they like unless they are signed to a brand. I hate that they kept this the same way after all the complaints.

# 98 Scvllp @ 10/04/14 05:18 PM
For real, at least restrict the Nike and Jordan but let us wear the other brands.

# 99 Magnus1959 @ 10/04/14 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
If that's the case, that's really silly IMO. That could alienate a lot of people from MyCareer because they don't want to play online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More like extortion. So you would have to get PlayStation Plus like in the Park? I don't play online.

# 100 Magnus1959 @ 10/04/14 05:42 PM
These days I guess paying $60.00 for a game is considered a down payment, then pay as you go.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.