Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

GameTrailers have posted their NBA Live 15 hands-on impressions in their latest videocast. Make sure you watch it and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 alaska2k3 @ 10/04/14 02:35 AM
The animations still look stiff to me.

The graphics look great in the stills but seeing it in motion... Leaves a bit to be desired.

Kawhi's screenshot > watching him animate in the video.

I'll try this game out via EA Access.

# 62 loosey101 @ 10/04/14 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
I'll speak for myself, because I'm the black dude in the video that doesn't even work at GT or have any journalistic agenda:

That's my goddamn vocab you're talking about. Don't try to put me in a box, bro. We sat down before hitting record and just figured out what the main 3 topics were that we were gonna talk about: Motion, Presentation, and Fun Factor. You know why? Because all we had to play was Practice and Quick game. I can't make any promises about anything, really, but especially not any of the other modes that they may or may not have. All I know is that the game felt like a great step in the right direction FOR EA.

I'm not saying they're closing in quickly on 2K. I'm a 2K fanboy for the most part (since about 2K3), but if that was a preview (and not Review) build that was probably a month old, then I think I'd be able to sit down with this and actually have fun. In the next 5 years, if they don't screw up big time, they might be neck-and-neck. Maybe 4 years.

Looks like you guys had s good time playing. Can you go into a little more detail about the arena atmosphere? Did it seem improved from 14? How was playing on the broadcast camera?

# 63 GisherJohn24 @ 10/04/14 08:58 AM
These dudes looked straight to me. They said one very important thing "it's FUN!" That's all I care about. Thanks for justifying my purchase even more! Sounds like Live is back. Cynics, reconsider! I'm getting 2 games this year

# 64 GisherJohn24 @ 10/04/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Why apologize to me? The game is fun and has a lot of positive things going for it. Try it for yourself when the demo releases. No need to apologize to me, I didn't write it. I also didn't say that it's perfect.

One of the other previews mentioned slow reactions to loose balls as a negative. So there's that. It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth a download of the demo to see for yourself.

I also would think if anything glaring or really bad stood out I'm sure they would have mentioned it.

# 65 coolcras7 @ 10/04/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
I'll speak for myself, because I'm the black dude in the video that doesn't even work at GT or have any journalistic agenda:

That's my goddamn vocab you're talking about. Don't try to put me in a box, bro. We sat down before hitting record and just figured out what the main 3 topics were that we were gonna talk about: Motion, Presentation, and Fun Factor. You know why? Because all we had to play was Practice and Quick game. I can't make any promises about anything, really, but especially not any of the other modes that they may or may not have. All I know is that the game felt like a great step in the right direction FOR EA.

I'm not saying they're closing in quickly on 2K. I'm a 2K fanboy for the most part (since about 2K3), but if that was a preview (and not Review) build that was probably a month old, then I think I'd be able to sit down with this and actually have fun. In the next 5 years, if they don't screw up big time, they might be neck-and-neck. Maybe 4 years.
i respect what you had to say, but a lot of live fans grab on to any positive thing to say about the game to get their hopes way way up , if you truly felt that the game was good and fun and if they continued down that path they will be a force down the road, but what you said in your post should have been said in the video, but thanks for the clarification.

# 66 Money99 @ 10/04/14 09:41 AM
Great video! This is exactly what I'm looking for in a basketball game.

# 67 WTF @ 10/04/14 09:47 AM
One thing that I continue to stress is "fun". I want it sim, and I want it responsive, and I want it fun. They're delivering this year.

# 68 The 24th Letter @ 10/04/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
i respect what you had to say, but a lot of live fans grab on to any positive thing to say about the game to get their hopes way way up , if you truly felt that the game was good and fun and if they continued down that path they will be a force down the road, but what you said in your post should have been said in the video, but thanks for the clarification.

You don't generally get into the meat and potatoes in a preview like this....so I wasn't really expecting any thing too deep. I actually enjoyed listening to their impressions. Me personally, I'm waiting on some direct gameplay or the demo itself before I officially turn the hype meter up....these small, selected clips don't do it for me.

Agreed on your other point though, I think there are so many hopeful for Live to succeed that even the slightest drop of positivity is a cause for celebration for some....even some of the harshest critics of other games. As of now we've only seen what? A total of 2:00 of the actual game? I'm just ready to see hands on what Live is bring to the table this year. I'm still cautiously optimistic..

# 69 rudeworld @ 10/04/14 10:12 AM
What they were saying did sound nice, like about the crouds atmosphere and the some of the animations were nicely done like the derick rose dunk but when Rose comes down from that dunk he looks like more Scotty Pippen then Rose... He was ugly as well was Noel and a bunch of others. The other thing was that they spoke about LIVE14 was a dunk fest but most of the highlights were dunks.... Lastly most if not all of what we seen in this video looked to me as if it was replays. These are my 2 cents.... I will download and play it because I have EA ACCESS but a purchase will come down to how it plays during my time with it on EA ACCESS and the features it has.

# 70 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/04/14 10:48 AM
Let's face it, any game can be "fun" if you go into it with the right mindset lol. So saying a game is fun doesn't really tell me anything because it's one persons opinion. To me (in my opinion) when I hear the word fun I automatically think arcady. I think Live always had that "fun" appeal to the casual fan because there's always been a heavy focus on dribbling & one on one play while the other core fundamental aspects of basketball has suffered.

To me it sounds like it'll come down to what type of gamer you are as to which game you prefer, which in the end is probably Live's best chance to succeed. The competition has simulation basketball on lock (although not without it's flaws), so in my opinion Live is better off trying to capture the more casual crowd who are just looking to have fun & prefer the more cartoony arcashish style game & not really focus on simulation aspects.

This is not to say that Live 15 won't improve on simulation fundamentals, but like the previewer said in a few posts earlier, it'll probably take Live at least 5 years to catch up & who knows how far advanced the other game will be by then. The main area I want to see improvement in Live 15 is player movement & animations. If this area has improved significantly then I'll have hope for Live going forward. Again this is just my 2 cents

# 71 DonWuan @ 10/04/14 11:16 AM
Neither game has offered a "sim" experience in a long time.

# 72 WTF @ 10/04/14 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Let's face it, any game can be "fun" if you go into it with the right mindset lol. So saying a game is fun doesn't really tell me anything because it's one persons opinion. To me (in my opinion) when I hear the word fun I automatically think arcady. I think Live always had that "fun" appeal to the casual fan because there's always been a heavy focus on dribbling & one on one play while the other core fundamental aspects of basketball has suffered.

To me it sounds like it'll come down to what type of gamer you are as to which game you prefer, which in the end is probably Live's best chance to succeed. The competition has simulation basketball on lock (although not without it's flaws), so in my opinion Live is better off trying to capture the more casual crowd who are just looking to have fun & prefer the more cartoony arcashish style game & not really focus on simulation aspects.

This is not to say that Live 15 won't improve on simulation fundamentals, but like the previewer said in a few posts earlier, it'll probably take Live at least 5 years to catch up & who knows how far advanced the other game will be by then. The main area I want to see improvement in Live 15 is player movement & animations. If this area has improved significantly then I'll have hope for Live going forward. Again this is just my 2 cents
With all due respect, I don't want to sit and play any videogame if it isn't fun. If I'm playing videogames in what little spare time I have, I want it to be an enjoyable experience. Your opinion of what "fun" seems to mean, isn't what mine is. I don't want a dunk fest, arcade ball with simulation sprinkled in. I want a Simulation experience that I can control, with AI tendencies actively trying to defeat me. That, to me, is fun.

I'm assuming since he said he was admittedly a 2k fanboy, the ability to have fun with Live is because he saw sim aspects, since 2k seems to be the standard for Simulation basketball.

Regardless, if it's available for you to try when it releases either on Access or Demo form, I'd encourage you to do it.

# 73 The 24th Letter @ 10/04/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Neither game has offered a "sim" experience in a long time.

One definitely has...and if not out of the box has provided the tools to do so..

I'm with WTF though....fun is above everything IMO...it's a video game, if I'm not playing for fun what am I playing for? We all have our different standard of "fun" though, and that's fine...I just want a game that looks and feels like NBA basketball...

# 74 scottyp180 @ 10/04/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Ok..this is starting to irk me ALL these impressions are starting to sound like they are reading from the back of the game box...generic..no depth...i mean cmon spacing??? If anything Live has always had great spacing smh

Come on EA access!!!
I blame it on the reporters being videogame fans first opposed to being mainly sport/basketball videogame fans. Sites and sources like gametrailers, ign, gamespot, gameinformer, etc know videogames but not sports.

This is why I love OS. The majority of people here, from those who write the articles to the posters on the boards, are sports fans first and gamers second. The people here know what they are talking about and can explain in depth what a game is doing right, what it is doing wrong, where it has improved and how, or where and why a game needs work. Some posters are bias to a certain game or games but it isn't difficult to get some great, honest impressions about sports games here.

# 75 scottyp180 @ 10/04/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
With all due respect, I don't want to sit and play any videogame if it isn't fun. If I'm playing videogames in what little spare time I have, I want it to be an enjoyable experience. Your opinion of what "fun" seems to mean, isn't what mine is. I don't want a dunk fest, arcade ball with simulation sprinkled in. I want a Simulation experience that I can control, with AI tendencies actively trying to defeat me. That, to me, is fun.

I'm assuming since he said he was admittedly a 2k fanboy, the ability to have fun with Live is because he saw sim aspects, since 2k seems to be the standard for Simulation basketball.

Regardless, if it's available for you to try when it releases either on Access or Demo form, I'd encourage you to do it.
WTF do you happen to know if there will definitely be a demo or is it just speculation and wishful thinking at this point?

# 76 WTF @ 10/04/14 11:52 AM
They mentioned on twitter here recently that there would be a demo. I'm assuming that'll still be the case.

# 77 da ThRONe @ 10/04/14 11:59 AM
The one thing I would strongly advise is that Live either severely tone down or just flat out remove the dunk animation where the player grabs the rim with the off hand before dunking the ball with the other hand. You can literally watch 1000's of dunks and none of the players dunk like that even with the most contested dunks.

# 78 da ThRONe @ 10/04/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They mentioned on twitter here recently that there would be a demo. I'm assuming that'll still be the case.
If EA's plan has been to just "get by" until they can get the game in the hands of the players, not having a demo will be a huge fail IMO.

# 79 scottyp180 @ 10/04/14 12:07 PM
Quote:

Hey man it's really respectable of you to come here and speak your honest mind. Hearing you say that your a 2k fanboy yet you had fun with the time you had with Live 15 actually makes me looking forward to this game even more. I consider myself more of a 2k fan as well (ironically 2k3 was the game that completely sold me on the series) but I've been waiting for Live to come out with an enjoyable game for a while.

You also touch on a point that I think a lot of fans disagree on and it's the idea of Live "catching up" with 2k. I think we all want Live to have the depth, quality, and variety of modes as 2k but I don't think Live necessarily needs to "catch up" to 2k in order to gain fans and be considered a competitor. Where Live can shine and gain some popularity is with it's on court gameplay. If the game can be fun, yet realistic, offer responsive controls and be something a little different than 2k then the series will be able to make a name for itself instead of living in
2k's shadow. I think people focus so much on comparing the two games that they forget to enjoy Live for what it is instead being concerned with what it is not.

# 80 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/04/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

I hear you. My idea of fun is a challenging true to life simulation experience as well. I personally will not be buying Live until they are at least neck & neck with the competition gameplay wise (if that ever happens).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.