Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 title update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. The PlayStation 4 patch is 281 MB, while the Xbox One patch is 3.1 GB. Looking at the update history on the PlayStation 4 patch, it only shows minor stability and bug fixes.

When EA Sports and the Madden NFL 15 team send out the details, this post will be updated.

UPDATE: Here are the patch details.

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES:

- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 zizoux @ 10/07/14 10:50 AM
I hope they made the running game tough. Meaning no more auto 5+ yards per carry.

# 42 forme95 @ 10/07/14 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
I hope they made the running game tough. Meaning no more auto 5+ yards per carry.
Most rl games this year have had backs avg 5+ ypc. But I don't think its dominated in this years Madden like in past. I'm seeing good realistic averages in my gameplay.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

# 43 Armor and Sword @ 10/07/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm telling you guys...you have to start back at Default All Pro with patches. You don't know what they fixed. Isn't A&S Pass Block at like 95? If they fixed QBs to throw more under pressure, and you don't get pressure, then you won't see any changes.

Remember - Game developers tweak the game as it plays on Default. Meaning you need to see gameplay fixes on default first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I would never take one half of one game seriously....ever. I will reserve my thoughts until I play at least 5 full games with various match-ups.

Without even testing yet my gut tells me this was not so much a gameplay patch as it was a stability and bug fix for offline CFM...which was the really crux of need. I feel gameplay other than the well known issue of sacks has been fantastic this year. My hope is they barely touched gameplay...left it alone..tuned sacks and QB awareness....but that's it.

It's the best playing Madden football game to date by a country mile.

And BTW.....I get the CPU going deep on me at least a couple of times a game (sometimes hitting them sometimes they don't...like IRL)...I don't get all the dink and dunk noise....anyone who has watched any of my countless streams (going on over 26 CFM games played so far in my solo online Dolphins CFM) knows exactly how the game has been playing. I see the CPU making mid game adjustments, I also see them sticking with what works if you don't stop it. They are playing strong, smart football...yeah we know the sack issue takes a little away....I am living with it because the game does so many things so well now.

The AI has been vastly improved...I mean really improved big time. Anyway....That's where I stand with the game.....its' only gotten better for me the more and more I have been playing...so much so...I am holding off on NBA2K15 till next year. And I know how awesome that game is going to be.....but I am really playing the crap out of this gem of a football game.

So....will report back with some strong impressions once my testing is done within an offline CFM (10 team control to get various match-ups etc).

Things I am looking out for:

Stat swipes (such as previous week compared to current game stats where they show all zeros) fixed and prolonged.

Commentary syncing fixed to be relevant to what is on the field

More time to choose defensive play

32 CFM control eternal "please wait" bug fixed at game start screen when playing muliple games in same week.

QB Awareness tuned

CPU OL blocking better

Re-start bug fixed

That's really it.

# 44 tgiordano @ 10/07/14 11:01 AM
did they fix the xbox one framerate to be a bit smoother?

# 45 rudyjuly2 @ 10/07/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Most rl games this year have had backs avg 5+ ypc. But I don't think its dominated in this years Madden like in past. I'm seeing good realistic averages in my gameplay.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
The problem for me is the inside vs outside runs aren't balanced. Guards get too big a push making inside running a lot easier. I'm hoping they tweaked this area which would also help on the automatic 3rd and short conversions.

# 46 Millennium @ 10/07/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I would never take one half of one game seriously....ever. I will reserve my thoughts until I play at least 5 full games with various match-ups.

Without even testing yet my gut tells me this was not so much a gameplay patch as it was a stability and bug fix for offline CFM...which was the really crux of need. I feel gameplay other than the well known issue of sacks has been fantastic this year. My hope is they barely touched gameplay...left it alone..tuned sacks and QB awareness....but that's it.

It's the best playing Madden football game to date by a country mile.

And BTW.....I get the CPU going deep on me at least a couple of times a game (sometimes hitting them sometimes they don't...like IRL)...I don't get all the dink and dunk noise....anyone who has watched any of my countless streams (going on over 26 CFM games played so far in my solo online Dolphins CFM) knows exactly how the game has been playing. I see the CPU making mid game adjustments, I also see them sticking with what works if you don't stop it. They are playing strong, smart football...yeah we know the sack issue takes a little away....I am living with it because the game does so many things so well now.

The AI has been vastly improved...I mean really improved big time. Anyway....That's where I stand with the game.....its' only gotten better for me the more and more I have been playing...so much so...I am holding off on NBA2K15 till next year. And I know how awesome that game is going to be.....but I am really playing the crap out of this gem of a football game.

So....will report back with some strong impressions once my testing is done within a offline CFM (10 team control to get various match-ups etc).

Things I am looking out for:

Stat swipes (such as previous week compared to current game stats where they show all zeros) fixed and prolonged.

Commentary syncing fixed to be relevant to what is on the field

32 CFM control eternal "please wait" bug fixed at game start screen when playing muliple games in same week.

QB Awareness tuned

CPU OL blocking better

Re-start bug fixed

That's really it.
From Clint Oldenburg (in response to the question if there were gameplay fixes in this update):

@MillenniumOS yes of course there are gameplay items. Many. I'm sure details are coming soon

And I'm not saying anything against your sliders. What I am saying is that to see changes in ANY patch with gameplay fixes involved, you need to baseline at Default sliders. Once you've done that, go back to whatever sliders you use. But the devs aren't tweaking to gameplay with updated sliders, they tweak to default.

# 47 bad_philanthropy @ 10/07/14 11:18 AM
They moved the PAT and standard kick plays to x (PS4), correct?

# 48 Armor and Sword @ 10/07/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
From Clint Oldenburg (in response to the question if there were gameplay fixes in this update):

@MillenniumOS yes of course there are gameplay items. Many. I'm sure details are coming soon

And I'm not saying anything against your sliders. What I am saying is that to see changes in ANY patch with gameplay fixes involved, you need to baseline at Default sliders. Once you've done that, go back to whatever sliders you use. But the devs aren't tweaking to gameplay with updated sliders, they tweak to default.

Oh no doubt I am going to retest at default All-Pro and go from there......especially after getting the patch notes...I may have to rebuild them from the ground up LOL.....oh well....such is life. I can think of far worse things to do than sit around and play a ton of Madden and test sliders!

LOL!

# 49 tacosaban @ 10/07/14 11:28 AM
did it fix the not being able to pick a play after opponent calls timeout? in user vs user game?

# 50 geisterhome @ 10/07/14 11:29 AM
just wondering why the xbox one patch is so much bigger?

# 51 dkp23 @ 10/07/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0P!MP
Stats and finances are definitely fixed. Now for gameplay!
So what did they fix in finances?

# 52 dkp23 @ 10/07/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
just wondering why the xbox one patch is so much bigger?
maybe they finally fixed the really bad online cfm invite system where your opponent can actually get an invite

# 53 P0P!MP @ 10/07/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
So what did they fix in finances?
Entering the pre-season second year. I was able to significantly improve my team and still had 22.3 M left in funds. Even after posting a 9-6-1 record.

# 54 P0P!MP @ 10/07/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Entering the pre-season second year. I was able to significantly improve my team and still had 22.3 M left in funds. Even after posting a 9-6-1 record.
Sorry 6-9-1 record with ATL.

# 55 snc237 @ 10/07/14 11:35 AM
About time! Almost 2 months after release! Now hopefully created people in franchise mode work as intended and stat issues fixed.

# 56 merchant1874 @ 10/07/14 11:35 AM
Strange there is such a massive difference in size.

# 57 dkp23 @ 10/07/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
that doesnt explain much, how is this different than before the patch?

The falcons have one of the new stadiums so they can earn much more in ticket sales and with a winning record would have some good earnings in home games.

i would suggest trying the rams, raiders, jaguars and see what you get.

# 58 phillycheese @ 10/07/14 11:38 AM
Quote:
Test sim so far with the Rams and I finished the year with -9.52 million

# 59 dkp23 @ 10/07/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycheese
Test sim so far with the Rams and I'm at -9.25 million...
my guess is, finance wasn't fixed.

# 60 Raindragon @ 10/07/14 11:40 AM
Any word on if the injuries are fixed? Sorry at work on lunch not at home with the game lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.