Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 title update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. The PlayStation 4 patch is 281 MB, while the Xbox One patch is 3.1 GB. Looking at the update history on the PlayStation 4 patch, it only shows minor stability and bug fixes.

When EA Sports and the Madden NFL 15 team send out the details, this post will be updated.

UPDATE: Here are the patch details.

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES:

- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 CM Hooe @ 10/07/14 01:17 PM
NDAlum - why do you "hate" the extension of the defensive play call timer?

Just curious, I know a good number of people were asking for that time limit to increase and you're the first person I've seen go the opposite way on that.

# 122 BadAssHskr @ 10/07/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
That's a rather depressing list
a couple things on there, but yeah, this isn't what i thought they were going to say.

really thought QB sacks
QB accuracy
improved penalties.

i really thought they were going to surprise us with a penalty fix.

# 123 RogueHominid @ 10/07/14 01:18 PM
Welp...That list looks like "majoring in the minors" to me. Alongside ND Alum, I could care less about most of those fixes, esp. given the trickle-down effect that the sacks issue has on realism. So many drives get killed by the sacks issue that I earn probably 4-5 wins at least that I shouldn't have over the course of a season just from that issue alone.

I highly doubt sacks will get addressed this year. It is what it is.

# 124 Cavicchi @ 10/07/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...adden-15-patch

- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense
I'm real pleased to see that one. Actually, that one is what I wanted most, so I'm fairly happy

# 125 rudyjuly2 @ 10/07/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...adden-15-patch

I like these three things. I really hope the QB inaccuracies are better. Getting an extra 5 seconds to call defense will be nice because you can't change your formation in the play call screen. I always felt rushed with 10 seconds. Looking forward to seeing all the QB animations.

# 126 pacman5769 @ 10/07/14 01:23 PM
I wish they would fix the camera toggle that has been defaulted to "on" in online CFMs

# 127 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
NDAlum - why do you "hate" the extension of the defensive play call timer?

Just curious, I know a good number of people were asking for that time limit to increase and you're the first person I've seen go the opposite way on that.
I can't answer for him but my guess is that it is entirely unrealistic. I cannot ever recall seeing a offense lined up and having to wait for the defense to break the huddle.

If the offense is running up tempo it should make things very difficult for the defense. It forces defenses to give more vanilla looks.

# 128 CM Hooe @ 10/07/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like these three things. I really hope the QB inaccuracies are better. Getting an extra 5 seconds to call defense will be nice because you can't change your formation in the play call screen. I always felt rushed with 10 seconds. Looking forward to seeing all the QB animations.
The biggest upshot of the time limit increase for me is ability to set some defensive formation substitutions; the 10 second time limit in tandem with the clumsy interface for making those subs made making adjustments and getting in a play call nearly impossible.

# 129 l8knight1 @ 10/07/14 01:27 PM
I am ready to start my franchise...

# 130 TheBleedingRed21 @ 10/07/14 01:28 PM
ND, not sure why you do not like the playclock for defense going to 15.. I run out of time trying to navigate to find my play and get a lot of auto selected plays before.

If you think it will cause our games to go longer now, I doubt it will even be noticeable.

# 131 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
ND, not sure why you do not like the playclock for defense going to 15.. I run out of time trying to navigate to find my play and get a lot of auto selected plays before.

If you think it will cause our games to go longer now, I doubt it will even be noticeable.
Does he try to run a up tempo offense?

# 132 RumbleCard @ 10/07/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
whhhhhhhhhhat?

So having Full graphics icons will help CPU QB to don`t take the sack?... sounds toooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeird.

Where is this thread? when this was tested?
I'd like to read about this as well. Where is this discussion?

# 133 Charizard @ 10/07/14 01:32 PM
What a load of rubbish
They didnt even TOUCH Offline CFM Finances!!
Trading in for 2K15
GARBAGE EA!!!!!!!!

# 134 kehlis @ 10/07/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I can't answer for him but my guess is that it is entirely unrealistic. I cannot ever recall seeing a offense lined up and having to wait for the defense to break the huddle.

If the offense is running up tempo it should make things very difficult for the defense. It forces defenses to give more vanilla looks.

Big difference between Madden and real life here though.

In real life you don't have to wait to select your defensive formation (let alone the play) until after the offense has selected their play.

# 135 Gorilla Glass @ 10/07/14 01:35 PM
Yes, yes yes - we can now skip through presentation and cut scenes. From 2nd quarter to 3rd quarter just like that. * tiger woods fist pump.

# 136 Charizard @ 10/07/14 01:35 PM
BS

They didnt even fix the Finances in Owner Mode, What the Hell man

This is nonsense! They said they would fix it

Im trading this nonsense in for 2K15 tomorrow

# 137 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/07/14 01:35 PM
Just looking at this thread, you can see why the business of releasing patches is so difficult. Seemingly every single person here has one issue they most wanted to see fixed. Sure, some are mentioned more than others but if the developers fixed every single little thing people asked about, we wouldn't see a patch until July.

With that said...can someone post a screen shot of the Buffalo Bills road jerseys, focusing on the numbers on the jersey? I'd like to see if they were among the multiple jersey fixes deployed in this update.

# 138 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Big difference between Madden and real life here though.

In real life you don't have to wait to select your defensive formation (let alone the play) until after the offense has selected their play.
That is true.
But I thought online players select their plays at the same time?

Regardless that objection is the only reason I can think of to not be happy with the extra time.

# 139 Hunkerdown @ 10/07/14 01:39 PM
"- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes"

What does this exactly mean? could it be fixes we are not aware of? anyone have list of hot fixes fixed in Online CFM?

# 140 kehlis @ 10/07/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
That is true.
But I thought online players select their plays at the same time?

Regardless that objection is the only reason I can think of to not be happy with the extra time.

Well even in online games the defense still has to wait for the offense to select their play before the formation is known.

I haven't played online so I don't know if the struggle is the same but I'm excited to finally get to see my defensive playbook rather than rushing to a playcall.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.