Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Shady checks in with this new video featuring the NBA 2K series through the years. Watch it and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 youvalss @ 10/09/14 10:22 PM
^^ I used to play it on the PC and it was my favorite game back then (early 90's). At some point I crated full rosters for the 1992-93 season. This game actually had some sort of momentum (especially when you pulled up for a jump-shot), which was something else back then. Also, I think it had the best dunking animations back then.

# 42 VDusen04 @ 10/09/14 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
^^ I used to play it on the PC and it was my favorite game back then (early 90's). At some point I crated full rosters for the 1992-93 season. This game actually had some sort of momentum (especially when you pulled up for a jump-shot), which was something else back then. Also, I think it had the best dunking animations back then.
Ah yes, thought it had more of an early 90's feel. Not bad. Sounded like someone in the audio booth was playing around with these the whole time though:

# 43 BlueNGold @ 10/10/14 08:39 AM
Man, this takes me back.

I first started off with 2K5. I can still remember the exact moment I bought it at Best Buy the day after Christmas. Me and my friends had tournaments for days on that game. Can't forget that T-Mac and Yao Rockets team or Ben Wallace swatting shots among so many other things. Good times.

Still remember the exact day I walked through a freezing cold winter night to EB Games to go get 2K6. That was the first year of the shot stick and coincidentally the first year that Live started to go downhill.

When I finally got my 360, the first game I had to have was 2K7. At the time I thought that was one of the best looking games ever and the signature styles with things like Steve Nash licking his fingers as he brought the ball up the court was just the coolest thing ever. It was hilarious seeing clips of that game in this video seeing how much its aged now. Just look at Tony Parker.

2K8 was pretty dope but I remember it having some issues, mainly all those damn backdoor cuts. That game took some getting used to.

2K9 was the first one I remember really not liking. I think I ended up getting rid of it before Christmas, which was a first for me.

2K10 I honestly can't remember too much of off the top of my head. It was an improvement over 2K9, I know that much, but it was just a baby step compared to what was coming next.

2K11 was a legen--wait for it....DARY game. I'll never forget the good vibes around here pre-release and when the game finally released. Lets just say it was a rare sight for OS lol.

2K12-14 was a mixed bag. Good games and I had my fun with all of them but honestly I don't really feel like any of them stood out all that much from one another. Well, aside from 2K14's jump to next-gen obviously.

And now here we are, 10 years later for me in my 2K playing career. I haven't gotten too deep into 2K15 yet but from what I've played so far I'm very happy. And knowing what's brewing behind the scenes with all the great people they've hired recently has me feeling like I'll be back here in another 10 years having had a ton more great memories and classic games under my belt. Can't wait.

# 44 TexasFan2005 @ 10/10/14 09:00 AM
Awesome video, takes me back for sure.

The thing that has sold me on 2k franchises since the Dreamcast is the fact that they've tried to make the sports in their games feel alive, something that other sports game companies past and present have failed miserably in, or just simply ignored. Even the commercials for the Dreamcast when it first came out really hit on that notion. They did things like stadium replication & atmosphere in the early 2000's that I didn't even think were possible in games if not for 2k.

I really hope they never trade in their ongoing creativity & ingenuity for the sake of indifference caused by greed.

# 45 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/10/14 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think I say this every time that title pops up, but I totally missed Double Dribble. As in, I didn't play it. My first was Magic Johnson's Fast Break followed by Tecmo NBA Basketball.

That title music:

1. Too much sliding.

2. Magic's shoes were black, when they should have been dark grey.

Other than that, very realistic.

# 46 Shinyhubcaps @ 10/12/14 11:08 PM
Really cool video and glad that someone made this.

However, I'd like to see something like this of every 2K game, or every basketball video game going back x-number of years, just with gameplay and not TV spots or trailers. I've argued that no sports game has come as far yet held true to the same principals as basketball games. Like, the "X" button is still used to pass as it was in my first basketball game, NBA Live 96, but think how all of the other features (signature styles, variation in dribble moves, variation in layup types, etc.) have evolved.

I would pay some amount of money to whomever makes a video like that, especially since every generation of video game basketball and real NBA basketball has continuity in its players (like, you could show every Grant Hill or Jason Kidd since 1995, or Ray Allen or Kobe Bryant since 1996, etc.).

# 47 VDusen04 @ 10/13/14 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Really cool video and glad that someone made this.

However, I'd like to see something like this of every 2K game, or every basketball video game going back x-number of years, just with gameplay and not TV spots or trailers. I've argued that no sports game has come as far yet held true to the same principals as basketball games. Like, the "X" button is still used to pass as it was in my first basketball game, NBA Live 96, but think how all of the other features (signature styles, variation in dribble moves, variation in layup types, etc.) have evolved.

I would pay some amount of money to whomever makes a video like that, especially since every generation of video game basketball and real NBA basketball has continuity in its players (like, you could show every Grant Hill or Jason Kidd since 1995, or Ray Allen or Kobe Bryant since 1996, etc.).
Thought it was kind of fun to see 2K evolve with the same teams over a decade here...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.