Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports posted a new article today which discusses how Synergy Sports' technology is going to contribute to the NBA Live 15 experience. In a related tweet, EA took a pot shot at NBA 2K15's server issues declaring that EA's "server stability ensures NBA Live 15 will be seamlessly updated all season long."

Of course, NBA Live 15 had some major issues itself with its online component last year.

Here's a look at how Synergy Sports Promises to work with NBA Live this year:

Quote:
"So how does Synergy Sports Technology work with NBA LIVE? Synergy Sports provides us a direct feed of player scouting DNA and Tendencies. We are then able to take this data and apply it to our game – which dynamically affects player tendencies in-game, as well as modes such as LIVE Seasons and Tonight’s Games.

This information also tells us things that don’t appear in the box score, such as shots off the dribble or if a player was being guarded - which all influence ratings. One of the goals we have for the future of NBA LIVE is to remove subjectivity from player ratings and performance – a true 1:1 representation of each and every player in the league."

Another feature talked about in the article are BIG Moments, which "are key plays or stretches of the game such as a player having a huge quarter or a thrilling game winning buzzer beater. You then can play through these quick scenarios with the exact stats, tendencies, and line-ups on a per minute basis."

It'll certainly be interesting to see how well the online components of NBA Live 15 play out, as EA obviously has a chance to do some cool things with the Synergy Sports technology.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 10/14/14 01:56 PM
Remember this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tweaks-27.html

Synergy never worked properly since implemented back in live 2009.

We went on a huge editing binge for Live 10 and even after adjusting some of the ratings helped, it still didn't stop bigs like Bynum and Shaq from taking elbow fadeaway jumpers.

It's just something that should've never been in the game in the first place.
All the data in the world isn't going to help if the game isn't programmed properly. Now that we've seen that real NBA offenses can be implemented in a game what does that say to this?

# 22 Jano @ 10/14/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Correct if I'm wrong but, what Synergy data would be loaded into the game when it ships? The season starts on the 28th, the same day as Live is released so there is no real data to use unless they use last year's which wouldn't be accurate since players/coaches have changed since then. Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to understand this.
Yep it'll be using last years data for sure.. so teams like Cleveland or Miami might not be as accurate tendency wise as a San Antonio or Clippers would be.

But i would think both 2K and Live would suffer from that wouldn't it? Because the tendencies used for the initial rosters for both games are more speculation or prediction based off what could happen.

I would assume that both games will be better reflections of the NBA after the season is 20 games in. That way tendencies and lineups would be more accurate.

# 23 The 24th Letter @ 10/14/14 02:36 PM
I think both games are better off just hiring someone dedicated to perfecting tendencies rather than this "Synergy" or "STATS" implementation....

Didn't a Live dev last year say they have to manually change tendencies anyway? Makes hiring these stat tracking companies seem like a waste of $...

# 24 snocone @ 10/14/14 02:58 PM
While I'm quite weary to believe the impact or dialyness of the synergy changes, I will say that if there is one thing EA generally does well, its server stability. That said, the online impression thread from Live 14 makes it sound pretty unplayable, so we'll see

# 25 WTF @ 10/14/14 03:26 PM
I think that they have to manually change attributes/ratings, and tendencies are driven by Synergy.

# 26 KG @ 10/14/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yep it'll be using last years data for sure.. so teams like Cleveland or Miami might not be as accurate tendency wise as a San Antonio or Clippers would be.

But i would think both 2K and Live would suffer from that wouldn't it? Because the tendencies used for the initial rosters for both games are more speculation or prediction based off what could happen.

I would assume that both games will be better reflections of the NBA after the season is 20 games in. That way tendencies and lineups would be more accurate.
Ahh...yeah, that makes sense.

# 27 Playmakers @ 10/14/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I think that they have to manually change attributes/ratings, and tendencies are driven by Synergy.
There needs to be a sticky thread for ratings changes or suggestions throughout the year...

Heck normally i would just do my own edits but we don't have the option this year so I think there should be a sticky thread in case we start seeing players doing stuff they shouldn't be doing or possibly use the ratings to make them do what they are suppose to be doing....

Ratings is still IMO the bread and butter behind the actual gameplay Live

# 28 _Fernando @ 10/14/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There needs to be a sticky thread for ratings changes or suggestions throughout the year...

Heck normally i would just do my own edits but we don't have the option this year so I think there should be a sticky thread in case we start seeing players doing stuff they shouldn't be doing or possibly use the ratings to make them do what they are suppose to be doing....

Agreed.

I'll be soliciting feedback once we start rolling. I know I'll miss some stuff so, community feedback and dialogue will be fun. Definitely looking forward to it.

# 29 bigeastbumrush @ 10/14/14 03:59 PM
Quote:

Good idea. stephensonmc used to check OS for our recommendations on player gear updates in Live 09 and they'd get them in.

Maybe Fernando can be the go-to guy for ratings.

# 30 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/14/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE_Fernando
Agreed.

I'll be soliciting feedback once we start rolling. I know I'll miss some stuff so, community feedback and dialogue will be fun. Definitely looking forward to it.
Looking forward to helping you this year with Live.

# 31 RipCityAndy @ 10/14/14 06:02 PM
I'm a bit jaded about the whole "updated within hours" thing. They said it last year and it wasn't consistently true. I recall trying to play the NBA Rewind games within 24 hours of seeing it on TV but couldn't access anything until a few days after it happened. Not really a huge deal, but it definitely makes me question the accuracy of some of these claims. I have no doubt they have the technology to do it, but I'm skeptical about how they are able to implement it in the game.

Also, the Synergy data controlling player tendencies thing was supposed to be in the game last year. I'm pretty sure every computer controlled player did the same exact post move every time they received the ball. Every team ran the same exact two out one in scheme. Although, credit due, every team played differently against the pick and roll (which was a blast to figure out).

I think the ideas sound really, really cool, but I'll wait to see the execution before I'm truly impressed.

# 32 tha_show256 @ 10/15/14 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
They told us this last year. With that said, 2 weeks til launch and we still havent seen any meaningful gameplay.
Quote of the year right here Fam!! Man, I've heard it all before, it's truly time to put up, or shut up!!

# 33 angelstrout @ 10/15/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Uhh. I don't trust EA in server stability or daily updates at all. I hate hearing that this is their philosophy behind the game is too always give a user a connected experience, it's great in theory but was **** in practice for Live 14. Rosters weren't updated daily or even weekly for that matter. Live 10, mind you a game that came out in 2009, had better server stability and updates than a game released last year. How does that happened? More than anything wrong with Live 14 last year, Synergy Updates was one of the biggest aspects they failed on. I played a lot of Live 14 and enjoyed it, but man did I not see any differences to player tendencies throughout the year, zero, none. Teams didn't utilize their weapons correctly, which might have been because of game play faults but it was annoying see teams like OKC who didn't try to dominate using KD or Westbrook. I thought Synergy would finally make the game challenging, in a sense that you should worry that you are going against KD, Lebron, or any other star. ****, numerous games against the Knicks, Felton would be out shooting Melo by a lot even though I played tight defense on Felton, mind you this was on All-Star difficulty as well. I would rather them have a weekly goal to update rosters and play styles rather than throw out some hype words about the potential of their services or what their partners provided. Weekly updates and smooth online play should be the focus, not a promise of the future of roster updates.

100% agree to this, it seemed in 14 there wasn't any difference to players as everyone play the same. C and PF all played in post and we all know there are C and PF that play in the wings like Dirk and Aldridge. They better show it ain't nobody falling for same lies again. EA do yourself a favor and show what you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 34 yardz23 @ 10/15/14 03:09 PM
Terrible look for EA to take a shot like that.

Despite 2k's server woes, the only other thing to say about 2k is the gameplay is amazing. Live still hasn't shown a gameplay video, and thats the reddest of red flags there ever could be.

It was a chicken **** statement to cheaply boost sales without laying all their cards on the table.

Also, MyPark has been working perfectly today. Night and day difference between now and last week.

# 35 huskerfan4life @ 10/15/14 03:42 PM
I was wondering if I was playing an offline franchise will the synergy still work, or is it just for online leagues?

# 36 Mrmagoo @ 10/15/14 04:48 PM
Same old same old, Nothing new here... Keep it moving along.

# 37 oneHova @ 10/16/14 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I was wondering if I was playing an offline franchise will the synergy still work, or is it just for online leagues?
I do believe it's going to influence the game as a whole, only if you are connected to the EA servers that is!

# 38 Playmakers @ 10/16/14 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
100% agree to this, it seemed in 14 there wasn't any difference to players as everyone play the same. C and PF all played in post and we all know there are C and PF that play in the wings like Dirk and Aldridge. They better show it ain't nobody falling for same lies again. EA do yourself a favor and show what you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what seems to be problem but this has been constant for a few years now...

You could somewhat remedy this situation by assigning playbooks to each team in years past that would get those types of stretch 4's out on the perimeter more often.

But ultimatley I would hope that Synergy finally fixes this issue and the playbook's assigned would just be gravy on top.

One thing I don't want to see is a guy like Noah launching 3's and mid range jumpers just because he ended up with the ball out on the perimeter...

That used to happen all the time with guys like Shaq and Duncan in years for some odd reason regarding of what you did to their Perimeter shooting mentality rating.

But hopefully EA finally delivers on seperation this year with the tendencies

# 39 kobethelegend @ 10/16/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Will believe it when I see it...they don't HAVE to keep telling us they will update daily if that's not the case...they said this in 2010 and 2014 and it wasn't anywhere close to true...

I'm fine with just a consistent update...
gotta agree here. they lied to us before. so i'll believe it when i see it. and if i dont see it. best believe i will be all over EA about it on this site and others.

# 40 kobethelegend @ 10/16/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure what seems to be problem but this has been constant for a few years now...

You could somewhat remedy this situation by assigning playbooks to each team in years past that would get those types of stretch 4's out on the perimeter more often.

But ultimatley I would hope that Synergy finally fixes this issue and the playbook's assigned would just be gravy on top.

One thing I don't want to see is a guy like Noah launching 3's and mid range jumpers just because he ended up with the ball out on the perimeter...

That used to happen all the time with guys like Shaq and Duncan in years for some odd reason regarding of what you did to their Perimeter shooting mentality rating.

But hopefully EA finally delivers on seperation this year with the tendencies
its a combination of both of what you said Playbook's specific to the teams at hand and players on that team. meaning if dirk was traded to the spurs, dirk would not be given all of Tim duncans old plays on the box. he would have some of his plays at the high post but the rest would be similar to what he's successful with in dallas. its the same way JJ reddick under Doc rivers and staff has ray allen's plays because he's a catch and shoot bomber.

So its not just team specific but team specific and player specific then tendencies like you said. all rolled into one, while getting those synergy downloads daily to produce these face up/jumpshooting PF's and C's. shoot most bigs dont even bang downlow anymore if you want to be honest about it lol. as soft as we all know Pau gasol can be he and his brother are like the last of a dying breed of low post guys and his brother even though he's bigger shoots more often then he posts up down low.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.