Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

If you are a gamer who simply doesn't have a ton of time to devote to gaming, be it fatherhood or a busy job, NBA 2K15 has an answer for you. Many gamers still want the thrill of managing a team through an 82 game season and playing some of the more crucial moments along the way, which is an underrated way to play sports games with long seasons.

Enter Simcast.

You can manage strategies during the simulation, you need only pause, and you can jump into a game whenever you feel like it. If you want to seal the deal on a big win or attempt a big comeback you can. If you feel the strategy you are employing is working, you can simply sit back and let the game finish simming in less than a minute.

Let's put it this way, I'm 44 games into my serious MyGM mode doing SimCast and I've never once felt too out of control of what happens. I'm still setting team strategy and lineups on gameday, and I'm still able to jump in and affect the results of games personally without needing to spend 30-60 minutes to get the result.

While other companies still struggle to offer such things as 'Super-Sim', 2K Sports has managed to blow past all expectations and make a text-sim, traditional AAA title hybrid even still. This form of simming and jumping in has been around awhile, but the depth of setting strategies and more to affect the simulation has only gotten better.

Simply put, if you are someone who has a time budget for gaming -- it's incredibly possible to go through an 82 game schedule and feel like you were a part of it and still find time to play a second and third season before 2K16 launches. NBA 2K15's SimCast is perhaps its most underrated and most under appreciated feature.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sni425 @ 10/25/14 09:19 AM
Has anybody been having a problem with the playbook being incorrect when entering a game from Simcast?

It doesn't seem to happen every time but sometimes when I enter the game I get the default playbook for the team and not the customized one that I created.

# 42 zfbgzdfh @ 10/25/14 01:34 PM
This has been the only way I have played the game so far. Amazing. Have been wanting this feature in 2k for forever and it has been pretty much perfect.

# 43 extremeskins04 @ 10/25/14 01:57 PM
This mode is a complete waste of time because you don't get any VC for it. Like, at all. So buying the team or getting upgrades and things doesn't happen.

# 44 siraulo234 @ 11/01/14 05:19 AM
Best feature in nba 2k15...

amazing

# 45 basketballest @ 11/01/14 07:08 AM
One can not simply play My GM without SimCast.

# 46 frank70 @ 11/09/14 04:32 AM
Question was already asked: Are there options to slow down the action? I remember in last versions there was the possibility to see play-by-play if xou turned the simulation speed to slow.

# 47 bayernforever @ 06/29/15 07:42 PM
is simcast only available on xbox one or am i simply not seeing the option?

# 48 hesko @ 06/30/15 06:08 AM
sim casts would be extra dope if i could watch the game/clips of the game while i manage too. also be cool as an app so you can keep up on ya mobile.

# 49 LingeringRegime @ 06/30/15 06:10 AM
I hope NBA 2K16 will bring back Coach Mode.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.