Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

During an interview with HipHopGamer, Senior Game Designer/Producer, Ryan Santos confirmed the NBA Live 15 demo will arrive on October 28th for PlayStation 4, which happens to be the day it hits store shelves.

EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will get to play a full trial version of the game on Thursday, October 23rd, which will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/15/14 10:52 PM
Has a repeat of last year written all over it

# 42 La Verite @ 10/15/14 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Thanks! Now I don't have to see guys complain everyday
Right! Now they can have a coke and smile. But complaints will still come...

# 43 lgxjames @ 10/15/14 11:32 PM
For a game like this, why release a demo on launch day? Wouldn't you want to capitalize on demo hype and convert that to day 1 sales?

# 44 CaliDude916 @ 10/15/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
For a game like this, why release a demo on launch day? Wouldn't you want to capitalize on demo hype and convert that to day 1 sales?
You would think, but I guess they don't see it the same way. It's almost as though they don't care.

# 45 da ThRONe @ 10/16/14 12:13 AM
I don't understand why people are commenting like EA has done them something personally. I agree releasing a demo the same day the game releases just seems like a terrible idea. I've questioned Live's marketing approach this entire cycle. However in the end people will have this game in hand before having to make a decision(barring anymore surprizes from EA). This delayed demo will only hurt Live 15 early sales as they won't be able to win over the people on the fense until the same day the game drops. Unless it so good people jump off their sofa's and run to the store or just download the game this is likely to hurt Live 15 day/week one numbers.

# 46 CujoMatty @ 10/16/14 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Wouldn't it be smarter to release it a week or more before release to prepare for the release of the game?

Why release the demo the day the game comes out? Sales will fail because of this decision.....Who ever controls their marketing decisions needs to be fired immediately!

Why is Live series the only EA sports games series that gets disrespected like this every year?
the opposite can also be true. Demos can also sway people away from purchasing the game. Im not speculating at all so dont read into this but....
if a company felt their game wasnt great they would hold off on a demo and hope people get anxious and buy the game uninformed. I highly doubt this is the case though because of early access. everyone is going to know how the game is perceived by the community before release day anyways. I think the assumption that EA wants to sell more EA access subscriptions is accurate.

# 47 Bowinkle08 @ 10/16/14 12:19 AM
how does a demo on release day makes sense o.0

# 48 grodbetatted @ 10/16/14 12:26 AM
Everyone says EA promised an early demo... From the interview I heard Sean O'Brien said that they would "try" to get out an early demo, but that's just what I heard

# 49 grodbetatted @ 10/16/14 12:30 AM
And if you do want to see the game streamed check out either me or izzy on the NBALiveStreamTeam on twitch soon as they release the trial on EA Access

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 10/16/14 12:34 AM
If EA came out tomorrow and said "NBA Live 15 is canceled" I swear some of ya'll would be in here defending the decision like: "Not a big deal, at least we'll get to play Live 16"

Like I said before, it sucks that I won't get an early demo as a PS4 player but I'll live...don't really see how it's hard to grasp the disappointment some are showing though...

# 51 ironjumpman_23 @ 10/16/14 01:23 AM
This is just bad imo, it doesnt make any sense to me at all. I get the whole Ea Access thing ,its a good idea for Madden but a terrible choice when you have a product like Nba Live 15, in which no one has seen real 5 on 5 gameplay since the delay. I mean cmon, how do you expect to win over your fans when there is little to no care about them. And with their current track record, i highly doubt that someone who doesnt have EA access will play the demo (on the day the game comes out, what a great idea smh)and say "Oh Man!!!!!! , That demo was dope, let me go out and get it today!!!!!" If anything, i feel bad for the die hards of the franchise. Hearing this type of news wouldnt make me want to play the game, it would just push me away from it.

# 52 Pappy Knuckles @ 10/16/14 01:48 AM
I would've liked to get my hands on the demo a bit earlier, but it is what it is. At least we'll start getting some impressions and video from XB1 users next week. I definitely won't be pre-ordering this game on good faith based on their track record with this series.

# 53 lakers24 @ 10/16/14 02:07 AM
If you didn't preorder NBA Live don't you only get to try it for 6 hours using EA Access?

# 54 oneHova @ 10/16/14 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
If you didn't preorder NBA Live don't you only get to try it for 6 hours using EA Access?
Well, only if you purchased a membership for EA Access before it's released!

# 55 BBWalk @ 10/16/14 02:53 AM
Considering this is the Live series and it's sketchy history of cancelled titles, people should be happy that a demo and the game are actually coming out!

# 56 krazyboy225 @ 10/16/14 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Ill definitely be trying this out via EA Access but I won't be buying it no matter how good the game is, not for $59.99. Not with NBA 2K15 and all the good games coming out this fall, no way I nor 99% of people are going to pay that much money for this game, the sales will be abysmal. If it's a good game Ill pay $29.99 for it at most.
This right here makes 0 sense to me.

But hey, I must fall under the '1%' of people who are willing to pay full price for the game if it turns out to be really good.

Of course if the game turns out to be terrible I'll spend $0 on it and move on with my life.

# 57 rudyjuly2 @ 10/16/14 07:11 AM
People thinking a late demo will hurt sales are forgetting that releasing 3 weeks after 2K was FAR worse and will have a far greater impact!

People need to think a bit. Why was the game delayed in the first place? Because it wasn't ready (which scares me). So to release a demo ahead of time it would have been an early and crappy build. EA can't afford to screw up anymore. It's better to deliver a good product late than a buggy product early. Remember the Jesus Elite video that went viral?

Plus I agree with Nemesis. Early demos are for the hardcore and they don't even need the demo. EA is hoping to score more casual gamers I think a later demo won't hurt but a crappy demo would. On the flipside, if the game and demo are bad delaying them and/or hiding them may be strategic but also ensure the end of this franchise.

# 58 El_Poopador @ 10/16/14 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If EA Access is truly the reason for this, it makes me wonder if the whole "earlier than usual" thing was B.S from the jump...

I guess this pretty much cancels my pre order, was hoping to get a test drive before launch...

I'm sure the excuses will be plentiful, but this really does suck as a follow up from last years debacle...

All good, guess I will wait for the demo.
Did EA officially say the demo would be coming earlier than usual? I remember one article saying they hinted at it, but nothing that really confirmed the suspicion.

# 59 shutdown10 @ 10/16/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
People thinking a late demo will hurt sales are forgetting that releasing 3 weeks after 2K was FAR worse and will have a far greater impact!

People need to think a bit. Why was the game delayed in the first place? Because it wasn't ready (which scares me). So to release a demo ahead of time it would have been an early and crappy build. EA can't afford to screw up anymore. It's better to deliver a good product late than a buggy product early. Remember the Jesus Elite video that went viral?

Plus I agree with Nemesis. Early demos are for the hardcore and they don't even need the demo. EA is hoping to score more casual gamers I think a later demo won't hurt but a crappy demo would. On the flipside, if the game and demo are bad delaying them and/or hiding them may be strategic but also ensure the end of this franchise.
The sales will be affected again this year, even with the other game's continuing server issues. Live has a bad rep and a tendency now for not showing their hand and waiting for the last minute. They have taken the same approach like last year's debacle, which will once again earn them poor sales for this title. The game sounds improved, but the community will show EA again that they will not support this game until EA decides to put confidence and quality transparency in this title.

# 60 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/16/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Did EA officially say the demo would be coming earlier than usual? I remember one article saying they hinted at it, but nothing that really confirmed the suspicion.
I've been saying that . I read the fan sided article a few times I was skeptical.

At least a week from now EA access will have a demo. 5 days after that for ps4. Not long

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.