Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

During an interview with HipHopGamer, Senior Game Designer/Producer, Ryan Santos confirmed the NBA Live 15 demo will arrive on October 28th for PlayStation 4, which happens to be the day it hits store shelves.

EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will get to play a full trial version of the game on Thursday, October 23rd, which will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DBMcGee3 @ 10/16/14 08:41 AM
Meh, I'd rather have it a week early, but it's better than nothing. At worst this will get me through until my rental arrives in the mail.

# 62 Mintsa @ 10/16/14 08:48 AM
Either way. It's time for for xbox guys to step up next week !!!!

You guys have to give us PS4 users some vids/impressions.

# 63 King_B_Mack @ 10/16/14 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Did EA officially say the demo would be coming earlier than usual? I remember one article saying they hinted at it, but nothing that really confirmed the suspicion.

Really doesn't matter, cause the perception is that they did. But this kind of stuff is too busy getting ignored by the #wearelive crowd to understand how this works. Perception is reality and this looks like just another broken EA promise. Much as we might not like it, casual crowds keep games alive and getting budgets to improve them, hence why EA gives them the bottom of the barrel on resources in the first place. That crew isn't digging deeper for context on statements made in/by the media. They just see Live, quote and run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 grodbetatted @ 10/16/14 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Really doesn't matter, cause the perception is that they did. But this kind of stuff is too busy getting ignored by the #wearelive crowd to understand how this works. Perception is reality and this looks like just another broken EA promise. Much as we might not like it, casual crowds keep games alive and getting budgets to improve them, hence why EA gives them the bottom of the barrel on resources in the first place. That crew isn't digging deeper for context on statements made in/by the media. They just see Live, quote and run with it.

What promise? In the interview Sean O'brien said there had been talks about "trying" to get an early demo. EA nor Sean O'brien ever said that there will be an early demo. Would I have liked one? You dang right, but honestly if you get to try before you buy anyway I just feel people need to be satisfied with that. I just don't remember EA promising anything. You speak on perception, and again what would give people the perception of a promise being made IF in fact no such thing was ever said.

# 65 Basketball Nate @ 10/16/14 10:33 AM
If EA chooses not to show any gameplay footage next week, that's when I'm going to start joining all these dudes on here complaining about everything. They need to showcase the game to the public themselves on Twitch instead of just relying on people who work in the media to do write ups about the game.

# 66 nick_sr @ 10/16/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
You would think, but I guess they don't see it the same way. It's almost as though they don't care.
3year plan.

Next year will be make or break imo

# 67 GHUFF @ 10/16/14 11:35 AM
If only 2k could take EA's servers

# 68 King_B_Mack @ 10/16/14 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
What promise? In the interview Sean O'brien said there had been talks about "trying" to get an early demo. EA nor Sean O'brien ever said that there will be an early demo. Would I have liked one? You dang right, but honestly if you get to try before you buy anyway I just feel people need to be satisfied with that. I just don't remember EA promising anything. You speak on perception, and again what would give people the perception of a promise being made IF in fact no such thing was ever said.

Not reading the post then? My point was that a casual fan isn't going take the time to look for the actual article and the quote. Look at how many people come in here as is under the impression that they actually said there'd be an early demo. Hell I was under the impression for a while and EA isn't actually free of blame of that perception anyway considering they never disputed the claim and they took no opportunity to stop any speculating that we'd be getting an early one. Some of the typical pump up Live at all costs folks were even in here trying to quell worries anybody had by talking about the early demo we were going to get.

# 69 sroz39 @ 10/16/14 12:47 PM
Quote:
Not reading the post then? My point was that a casual fan isn't going take the time to look for the actual article and the quote. Look at how many people come in here as is under the impression that they actually said there'd be an early demo. Hell I was under the impression for a while and EA isn't actually free of blame of that perception anyway considering they never disputed the claim and they took no opportunity to stop any speculating that we'd be getting an early one. Some of the typical pump up Live at all costs folks were even in here trying to quell worries anybody had by talking about the early demo we were going to get.

If you look far back enough in these forums, I'm sure someone can find the article from the summer that had one of the devs say they're working to get a demo out before release, and far sooner than usual for a demo. IIRC, he said this was to get players to have time to learn or re-learn the controls and get very familiar with the work put into the game this year.

As a PS4 user, I'm very much disappointed because I wanted to check this out. I'll be all over Twitch to watch the Xbone streams on the 23rd but there's nothing like getting a feel for it. Is a release day demo the end of the world? No, it's not. But where it hurts most for me personally is I was very amped up to get this game. The way the devs have been talking and the articles written so far on the product AND the assumption I would get to put some of these improvements to the test a week or so before release, instilled a confidence in me that a day one buy was a good decision.

Now, I'm skeptical because I wonder what they're trying to hide. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it works out best for their marketing plan (which has nothing to do with the devs) but history has taught me that when it comes to EA, if it's something they're confident in, it's put out there with no hesitation. Something doesn't smell right with this decision.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 70 Flightwhite24 @ 10/16/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
If you look far back enough in these forums, I'm sure someone can find the article from the summer that had one of the devs say they're working to get a demo out before release, and far sooner than usual for a demo. IIRC, he said this was to get players to have time to learn or re-learn the controls and get very familiar with the work put into the game this year.

As a PS4 user, I'm very much disappointed because I wanted to check this out. I'll be all over Twitch to watch the Xbone streams on the 23rd but there's nothing like getting a feel for it. Is a release day demo the end of the world? No, it's not. But where it hurts most for me personally is I was very amped up to get this game. The way the devs have been talking and the articles written so far on the product AND the assumption I would get to put some of these improvements to the test a week or so before release, instilled a confidence in me that a day one buy was a good decision.

Now, I'm skeptical because I wonder what they're trying to hide. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it works out best for their marketing plan (which has nothing to do with the devs) but history has taught me that when it comes to EA, if it's something they're confident in, it's put out there with no hesitation. Something doesn't smell right with this decision.

What you stated is not even debatable. I agree 100% with this post

Sent from my iPhone

# 71 Ermolli @ 10/16/14 01:16 PM
I guess the good thing about the news is that the demo will be the final build (perhaps)?

# 72 chris68pj @ 10/16/14 01:18 PM
Is it possible that releasing the demo on release day allows them to use a final build that's representative of the actual game instead of an "early build" that could misleading?

Not defending it, just thinking that could be a positive. Also, I guess I'm one of the few that's happy about this coming out 3 weeks after that other game. I think sales stand a chance of being greater since it won't be as overshadowed as it would have been going head-to-head. People who picked up the other game at launch have had weeks to determine whether they might want to try something else.

# 73 mlp111 @ 10/16/14 01:20 PM
First they say demo would release early. Now it releases on launch day. go figure.

# 74 kobethelegend @ 10/16/14 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39

You are 100% accurate in what you heard by the EA dev(s) about TRYING to get a demo out earlier then usual. That was never in stone. so i knew then once it was never said" IT WILL BE OUT" as in ... in STONE. i always assumed it was coming out the day of or maybe 1 or 2 days before. Why? because i dont trust game companys thats why. They always over promised and under deliver. never fails.

now with that said. They are not hiding anything. if they were, the EA access guys wouldnt get a demo either. When they had that old version of EA access(cant remember its name). i use to have it and i recall certain games didnt hit that thing like they should have. even though it was touted as all EA sports game. So its not like if they were hiding something they wouldnt be able to hide it on the access site as well. But since they are not doing that. it tells me what others have stated. EA is trying to get more EA Access subscribers. Dont get mad just understand what it is. its a Business decision.

The other thing they are doing with the PS4 folks is saying look guys we dont have to have a demo at all. but we will. because like Sean O said. They will give the ability to TRY before you BUY.

The question is this. when it comes to them straight out Lying or Not. will the demo be 100% of the game itself just in demo form meaning you cant play it but for so long per day or per demo download? Because that is something they promised. They didnt say we will try. They said the demo will be the real game with all the modes in it. This means They know you are already playing 2k and possibly frustrated with their online stuff. So come on and try out this NBA live 15, if you like it. you buy it. real simple.

Its the equivalent to Being able to listen to a full album before you pay for the whole thing. If you like it, you buy it. if not.. no harm no foul. no money wasted. so no reason to be angry with EA. Well you can be upset the game is crap if you wish it were not. but aside from that. you wont be mad they suckered you into paying for the full game. They assume after last year's game and first impressions that everyone that isnt a live stan wont be buying it until after they play it. so they already assume low day one sales. i know i would if i were them. they are trying to get the word of mouth Post demo sales.

# 75 kobethelegend @ 10/16/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
Is it possible that releasing the demo on release day allows them to use a final build that's representative of the actual game instead of an "early build" that could misleading?

Not defending it, just thinking that could be a positive. Also, I guess I'm one of the few that's happy about this coming out 3 weeks after that other game. I think sales stand a chance of being greater since it won't be as overshadowed as it would have been going head-to-head. People who picked up the other game at launch have had weeks to determine whether they might want to try something else.
see my post above. this is exactly what they said. no they didnt say final build. but they sure did say a demo would contain the entire/full game with all modes available to play.

# 76 grodbetatted @ 10/16/14 02:12 PM
Quote:

wasn't just an article it was said in a podcast... I guess my thing is, if they never actually said "WE ARE RELEASING AN EARLY DEMO" then there shouldn't be any disappointment. They never said ANYTHING was for sure... thats just my opinion

# 77 twogotwingz3 @ 10/16/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUFF
If only 2k could take EA's servers
if only 2k would give us offline modes and stop all this LA highway traffic online

# 78 King_B_Mack @ 10/16/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Why are consumers worried about sales of a companies product? Are you a shareholder? For real man. They are giving you an opportunity to like it and buy it, or hate it and pass on it. Buy an XBOX, get eaely access, and be done. It could also be some deal with microsoft. Madden had an exclusive content deal as well. I think this is good. Because peoplw have time to get well into all the aspects of the other game, and when thwy play this, they will be able to clearly see what stands out in gameplay.

Consumers are worried about sales because they do concern us. If the game isn't selling, eventually it isn't going to be made. It's the reason NHL 2K doesn't exist anymore, it's one of the reasons that NCAA College Hoops 2K doesn't exist anymore. It's why Sony's NBA franchise doesn't exist. At some point a company can't continue paying devs and licensing fees and seeing **** sales in return. So no nobody is getting any of that money from sales, but it is relevant to us all.

# 79 GisherJohn24 @ 10/16/14 02:51 PM
so the extra few weeks to delay launch were to improve servers...Well? We shall see. I always thought that was one thing EA was always pretty good in.

# 80 @marcusjiles @ 10/16/14 03:10 PM
Assuming they dont show any real aspects of the game this week, they're using 6 hour demo to sale people on the game in the course of 5 days?? That doesnt sound right. A small part of me have a feeling this game is not coming out on the 28th. How could it? You havent done much of anything to sale this game to the public whom you were begging to give you another chance. And this is someone who will probably buy this game. Basically, in my limited Gordon Ramsay voice, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU F---ING MUPPETS?!"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.