Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

During an interview with HipHopGamer, Senior Game Designer/Producer, Ryan Santos confirmed the NBA Live 15 demo will arrive on October 28th for PlayStation 4, which happens to be the day it hits store shelves.

EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will get to play a full trial version of the game on Thursday, October 23rd, which will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 23 @ 10/17/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Some franchises may be able to get away with not showing a lick of gameplay eleven days prior to release. NBA Live is not one of those franchises.
Exactly Scoob

I've never seen a company STALL this hard and not be called out on it before.

I've seen so much useless information over the weeks its mindboggling.

The perception out there is hiding. Defend it or not people thought they were getting an early demo possibly, and this is just what im reading everywhere.

From hearing Pastapadre the interest in this game is # 4,083 on the videogames list. That's awful for a AAA game coming out in the coming days.

..and with some of these other games coming out, even if remastered like GTA, Assasins Creed and others, thats a hard point to kick up against.

# 102 BCDX97 @ 10/17/14 04:19 PM
Well, if I play this demo and enjoy it, it's going to have an advantage over the other game that doesn't have a demo. Or I can just go without basketball altogether like I did last year.

# 103 seanhazz1 @ 10/17/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
People thinking a late demo will hurt sales are forgetting that releasing 3 weeks after 2K was FAR worse and will have a far greater impact!

People need to think a bit. Why was the game delayed in the first place? Because it wasn't ready (which scares me). So to release a demo ahead of time it would have been an early and crappy build. EA can't afford to screw up anymore. It's better to deliver a good product late than a buggy product early. Remember the Jesus Elite video that went viral?

Plus I agree with Nemesis. Early demos are for the hardcore and they don't even need the demo. EA is hoping to score more casual gamers I think a later demo won't hurt but a crappy demo would. On the flipside, if the game and demo are bad delaying them and/or hiding them may be strategic but also ensure the end of this franchise.
EXACTLY, its a win-win for EA for releasing a demo when they are. If they release a good game and demo, then they have secured a fanbase for their next release while garnering more pre-orders for this year and next. Even if the game is bad by our standards, they win because they still had preorders and EA access to get some money back for it. If they released early to bad reviews, then they lose everything before they even release.

I just hope reviewers remember that its SUPPOSED to play differently from the 2K series, and that side by side comparisons are welcome.

Wait, serious question, are we even allowed to compare the two openly on this site? It is sure to create heated discussions either way, and mods could see fit to just not allow it here at all.

# 104 MUTWOKAL @ 10/17/14 05:06 PM
What time will the trial on EA access be available at ?

# 105 noshun @ 10/17/14 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
EXACTLY, its a win-win for EA for releasing a demo when they are.

Would you consider last year a "win-win?" They did the exact same thing last year. 180k sold. They're struggling getting preorders this year.

# 106 rockchisler @ 10/19/14 02:48 PM
They should have never said "earlier then usual" as far as demo release date goes..

# 107 youvalss @ 10/19/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
They should have never said "earlier then usual" as far as demo release date goes..
Add this to their list of many other "Should have never said". There's still room for more...

# 108 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/19/14 04:19 PM
where did they say this officially ?

# 109 wacko11 @ 10/19/14 04:28 PM
They said we would get a early demo way back in August, that clearly went out the window when the game got delayed, Idk why that's so hard for people to understand.

# 110 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/19/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko11
They said we would get a early demo way back in August, that clearly went out the window when the game got delayed, Idk why that's so hard for people to understand.
Only time I heard that was from a fan sided article . That said he hinted at it but nothing official

# 111 Ownal0t @ 10/21/14 01:32 AM
im sure i readstraight from ea that the game (full game trail) was going to be out for a wHOLE WEEK, on BOTH systems, before the game launches. but its w/e EA hates money.

if its good, i get it later on. but i dont get how people can defending this style of marketing and PR. so much promises and shadiness going on

# 112 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/21/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
im sure i readstraight from ea that the game (full game trail) was going to be out for a wHOLE WEEK, on BOTH systems, before the game launches. but its w/e EA hates money.

if its good, i get it later on. but i dont get how people can defending this style of marketing and PR. so much promises and shadiness going on
Post the link please

# 113 Insight23 @ 10/21/14 07:24 PM
I hope this demo delivers. I'm already putting money aside to buy this game if so. 2k15 is solid but I think I'm just worn out with 2k in general, I've played it into the ground and every now and then animations are too automatic. Also, basically no halftime show. Let's see what you got Live.

# 114 Pared @ 10/21/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Exactly Scoob

I've never seen a company STALL this hard and not be called out on it before.

I've seen so much useless information over the weeks its mindboggling.

The perception out there is hiding. Defend it or not people thought they were getting an early demo possibly, and this is just what im reading everywhere.

From hearing Pastapadre the interest in this game is # 4,083 on the videogames list. That's awful for a AAA game coming out in the coming days.

..and with some of these other games coming out, even if remastered like GTA, Assasins Creed and others, thats a hard point to kick up against.
Honestly? People don't care. They're either playing 2k15 or not playing basketball.

# 115 23 @ 10/21/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Honestly? People don't care. They're either playing 2k15 or not playing basketball.
I agree Pared. I think that was the point in probably way too many words.

# 116 Clarityman @ 10/21/14 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Wouldn't it be smarter to release it a week or more before release to prepare for the release of the game?

Why release the demo the day the game comes out? Sales will fail because of this decision.....Who ever controls their marketing decisions needs to be fired immediately!

Why is Live series the only EA sports games series that gets disrespected like this every year?

The EA NHL series would like to have a word with you...

# 117 dubplate @ 10/21/14 09:04 PM
I just said screw it and pre-ordered from Best Buy. With the GCU and a $10 cert I had it's only $38. If I don't like it I'll trade it for COD the following Monday.

I'm burnt out on 2K's cheesy CPU comeback coding, tired engine, terrible servers and presentation. It's time for a change.

# 118 Traceur @ 10/22/14 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I just said screw it and pre-ordered from Best Buy. With the GCU and a $10 cert I had it's only $38. If I don't like it I'll trade it for COD the following Monday.

I'm burnt out on 2K's cheesy CPU comeback coding, tired engine, terrible servers and presentation. It's time for a change.
Same here. I sold the game 4 days after release. I listed it on CL for $40 and no one would bite. Tells you how low that franchise has fallen. Finally ended up selling it for $35. Gamestop had a trade-in value of $30 immediately after release.

Yet a couple of mods here a trying to convince this board that 2K15 is the only "legit" bball option this year. I've already pre-ordered Live 15 and that will be my basketball game of choice this year. I'm tired of the SAME "pig" with different "lipstick" that the competition keeps putting out there.

# 119 swac07 @ 10/22/14 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceur
Same here. I sold the game 4 days after release. I listed it on CL for $40 and no one would bite. Tells you how low that franchise has fallen. Finally ended up selling it for $35. Gamestop had a trade-in value of $30 immediately after release.

Yet a couple of mods here a trying to convince this board that 2K15 is the only "legit" bball option this year. I've already pre-ordered Live 15 and that will be my basketball game of choice this year. I'm tired of the SAME "pig" with different "lipstick" that the competition keeps putting out there.

So you saw the game before release....posted its'' the same game'' ''its 2k14 with a fresh set of paint i'll pass'' and ''you wasnt impressed with it'' in the other forums...Yet you still bought it?????..where they do that at???

Cmon son

# 120 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/22/14 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
So you saw the game before release....posted its'' the same game'' ''its 2k14 with a fresh set of paint i'll pass'' and ''you wasnt impressed with it'' in the other forums...Yet you still bought it?????..where they do that at???

Cmon son
LMAO I appreciate the investigative reporting! Lol #Exposed! Troll? Bot? Fire starter??! Lol. Thanks for the fact check!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.