Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has posted another NBA Live 15 video today showing off the defensive improvements in the game. They also posted some additional details a new blog. It doesn't appear as though many changes were made at all to the defensive adjustments at first glance, I'd have to pull up NBA Live 14 to be sure, but the video does show improvement.

UPDATE: All of the defensive adjustments are the same as NBA Live 14, I just pulled it up to be sure. With that said, you can see some improvements from the defense in the video, just wished they would have showed some real 5 on 5 gameplay.

If you missed the offensive improvements video, you can view it here.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 da ThRONe @ 10/17/14 10:43 PM
Why and the world is EA hiding this game? Every single piece of video they've officially released has me more and more excited to try this game. The player interaction looks so organic and the physics looks so realistic.

# 42 TecmoZack @ 10/17/14 11:43 PM
I've always wanted for Live to get back on top. Live 95 was the game that got me hooked on basketball games. Competition is great. Can't wait to play and make my annual Hoops game purchase accordingly.

I would love nothing more than to have 5 choices. NBA Jam, Live, 2K, Inside Drive, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 TreyIM2 @ 10/18/14 12:00 AM
As much as I enjoy 2K15, now, still really lookin forward to see how Live 15 shapes up. Wondering if the demo will make me wanna time warp back to when I used to buy both Live and 2K almost every yr. Will see...

# 44 cepwin @ 10/18/14 12:20 AM
At least next week we'll be able to see the xboxone EA early access...that should give everyone some idea.

# 45 mike24forever @ 10/18/14 12:30 AM
The video looks great, but all I kept looking at were the shoes! Oh my goodness, the shoes are amazing.

# 46 Earl1963 @ 10/18/14 12:49 AM
Looks a lot like last years but smoothed out a little more

Sent using a telephone

# 47 Sundown @ 10/18/14 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Why and the world is EA hiding this game? Every single piece of video they've officially released has me more and more excited to try this game. The player interaction looks so organic and the physics looks so realistic.

Probably because the game doesn't actually look that way. Notice how the Live 14 clips are all shown from boring, static angles more representative of game play where you can really see the animation issues. The Live 15 shots are all mostly glamour close ups with rapid changes in cinematic angles and feet are rarely shown except when slowed down. There's quite a bit of dressing up here, just as there was for Live 14.

That said I'm pretty sure the game will look a whole lot better than last year's release.

# 48 shutdown10 @ 10/18/14 07:56 AM
Those defensive improvements look really good. Anyway we will see if this game actually looks like this because the flood gates will open up in 5 more days.

# 49 Basketball Nate @ 10/18/14 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Probably because the game doesn't actually look that way. Notice how the Live 14 clips are all shown from boring, static angles more representative of game play where you can really see the animation issues. The Live 15 shots are all mostly glamour close ups with rapid changes in cinematic angles and feet are rarely shown except when slowed down. There's quite a bit of dressing up here, just as there was for Live 14.

That said I'm pretty sure the game will look a whole lot better than last year's release.
Say, do players in Madden 15 don't look as detailed when you zoom in on the players in the instant replay camera? Most people nowadays take pictures of the players and tweet them to the Madden twitter account.

Like this picture for example.

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 10/18/14 11:40 AM
I'm sure Live will good as good up close as the pictures we've seen....I never understood why EA's games don't look as good in motion though...same goes for NHL & Madden...

# 51 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/18/14 11:42 AM
I really hope these improvements work as advertised online . 1 on 1 on ball defense has been lacking in recent BBall titles Online

# 52 Tonyattia @ 10/18/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
Don't credit this as a big feature Live should try to emulate when there's already too many inconsistencies in 2K smart play to the point it doesn't even work once you pass half-court. This exact same issue was in 2K14 and didn't get fixed. The quick play button Live is implementing should be just fine.
From what I've heard live 's quick play button created motion ( cuts, screens, ect) which is basically like choosing when you want freelance movement to happen. 2k smart play does save a lot of time when wanting to call a set play and works really well for me with the mavs and could improve live's play calling. They atleast should be able to have auto play calling. It was just a suggestion.

# 53 Basketball Nate @ 10/18/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
From what I've heard live 's quick play button created motion ( cuts, screens, ect) which is basically like choosing when you want freelance movement to happen. 2k smart play does save a lot of time when wanting to call a set play and works really well for me with the mavs and could improve live's play calling. They atleast should be able to have auto play calling. It was just a suggestion.
From my experience, 2K Smart play does not work after you try to call it when you cross half-court. It makes absolutely no sense for Live try to emulate a play-call feature from another company who's feature is inconsistent and broken. Live will be fine with the direction they're taking, especially if it differs from 2K.

# 54 da ThRONe @ 10/18/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

As someone who followed Live 14 much like I'm following Live 15 I can say at no point did I think Live 14 was going to be a good game. There weren't enough camera angles in the world to hide the flaws I saw from the very beginning. Again if they can dress Live 15 up enough to look as impressive as it has that still doesn't answer why they've failed to do so. Again there hasn't been a ton of vids, but this certainly isn't the only official release from EA either.

# 55 Tonyattia @ 10/18/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
From my experience, 2K Smart play does not work after you try to call it when you cross half-court. It makes absolutely no sense for Live try to emulate a play-call feature from another company who's feature is inconsistent and broken. Live will be fine with the direction they're taking, especially if it differs from 2K.
That's your opinion and I respect that. In regards to your problems with art play I guess make sure you hold down l1 or lb for atleast 1 second. I use set plays a lot and that is why I love 2k on offense. I would like live to have the same depth their.

# 56 Aling Pining @ 10/19/14 10:50 AM
If the on ball D is good and actually works online, I might consider picking up this game. The other basketball title doesn't work as advertised which is killing my online experience.
I will play the demo first and decide from that. Hope it has online quick match.

# 57 Jay Jay @ 10/19/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aling Pining
If the on ball D is good and actually works online, I might consider picking up this game. The other basketball title doesn't work as advertised which is killing my online experience.
I will play the demo first and decide from that. Hope it has online quick match.
I thought I was the only one feeling like that about the other game. Hopefully Live 15 defense is better online cause im really looking forward to change.

# 58 DBMcGee3 @ 10/20/14 04:18 PM
I love the animations of the hand checking and foot shuffling from defenders who are guarding close. The foot planting also looks good from what I've seen. I'm not sold on the blocked shots based on this video, they look a bit unrealistic, but the stealing animations look pretty cool. I've always hated the stealing animations in 2k, where lots of times the guy will lunge forward rather than just taking a quick swipe at the ball.

I'm intrigued, looking forward to the Live demo.

# 59 clipperfan811 @ 10/21/14 10:02 AM
I really liked what I saw in that video. It was great to see Howard help then recover to his man. That type of defensive ai would be huge.

# 60 Aling Pining @ 10/23/14 09:18 AM
I see that the demo is out already, just need some feedbacks about online quick match. Is the game lag free? How about on ball, is it responsive?
Thanks in advance.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.