Home
The Golf Club News Post

A feature update has arrived for The Golf Club and it is available now for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It should be available later tonight for PC users, if not already.

Check out the details below.
  • New Greg Norman Course Designer Theme – Boreal
  • Backgrounds can now be changed in Greg Norman Course Designer
  • Three backgrounds of varying height now available for all themes
  • New Easy to Medium skill level Official Course – Black Brook Golf Course
  • New Medium skill level official course for Boreal Theme – Flathead County Golf Club
  • Ability to Scroll between Clubs the other way, Putter to Driver
  • A set of New Cameras
  • Added ability to cycle cameras in real-time during shot set-up (Off-swing stick click on controller, ‘V’ on keyboard)
  • Added option to remove reticule
  • Ability to toggle off follow-cam. Can initiate in real-time by pressing ‘A’ (Xbox controller) or ‘X’ (PS Controller)
  • Remove User Ratings from Official courses
  • Three new official tournaments
  • Separate the HB Official and Suggested courses to improve content discovery (to be implemented in server update soon)
  • Remove Official Courses from the Public Course Lists to improve content discovery (to be implemented in server update soon)
  • In-Game Pause Menu, Scorecard, Leaderboards should all show under/over along with total score – e.g. 48 (-5)
  • Commentary additions and improvements
  • Ability to play rivals in all rounds of Tours/Tournaments
  • Only show “Bested” Messages if it is a score that beats the players record, as well as the users
  • Add Pin-Height, relative to cursor, in real time in GNCD
  • Tree lighting and culling fixes
  • Added a ‘Personal Rounds’ filter to rivals screen, taking first ghost ball from the top of that list
  • Added ‘Suggested Opponents’ to rivals filter
  • 10-20% overall performance improvement
  • Wind tuning and gust support
  • Improvements to speed in which you appear in the leaderboards
  • Career screen improvements
  • Mouse Swing Improvements – Remove Dead Zone
  • New keyboard shortcuts for club selection (Number keys, including ~ and +, to quick select clubs)

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hoos @ 10/20/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One sometime tonight.
  • New Greg Norman Course Designer Theme – Boreal
  • Backgrounds can now be changed in Greg Norman Course Designer
  • Three backgrounds of varying height now available for all themes
  • New Easy to Medium skill level Official Course – Black Brook Golf Course
  • New Medium skill level official course for Boreal Theme – Flathead County Golf Club
  • Ability to Scroll between Clubs the other way, Putter to Driver
  • A set of New Cameras
  • Added ability to cycle cameras in real-time during shot set-up (Off-swing stick click on controller, ‘V’ on keyboard)
  • Added option to remove reticule
  • Ability to toggle off follow-cam. Can initiate in real-time by pressing ‘A’ (Xbox controller) or ‘X’ (PS Controller)
  • Remove User Ratings from Official courses
  • Three new official tournaments
  • Separate the HB Official and Suggested courses to improve content discovery (to be implemented in server update soon)
  • Remove Official Courses from the Public Course Lists to improve content discovery (to be implemented in server update soon)
  • In-Game Pause Menu, Scorecard, Leaderboards should all show under/over along with total score – e.g. 48 (-5)
  • Commentary additions and improvements
  • Ability to play rivals in all rounds of Tours/Tournaments
  • Only show “Bested” Messages if it is a score that beats the players record, as well as the users
  • Add Pin-Height, relative to cursor, in real time in GNCD
  • Tree lighting and culling fixes
  • Added a ‘Personal Rounds’ filter to rivals screen, taking first ghost ball from the top of that list
  • Added ‘Suggested Opponents’ to rivals filter
  • 10-20% overall performance improvement
  • Wind tuning and gust support
  • Improvements to speed in which you appear in the leaderboards
  • Career screen improvements
  • Mouse Swing Improvements – Remove Dead Zone
  • New keyboard shortcuts for club selection (Number keys, including ~ and +, to quick select clubs)
http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/10/2...ble-overnight/

YESSS! An i'm off tomorrow!!

# 2 LingeringRegime @ 10/20/14 08:58 PM
Really looking forward to the new camera angles.

# 3 Flightwhite24 @ 10/20/14 09:10 PM
Not sure if it's up or not for PS4 but I am going thru an update on PS4 right now. 1276 MB??

Just finished downloading and yes this is the patch. IT'S LIVE!!!!

# 4 Steve_OS @ 10/20/14 09:23 PM
Anyone have it for PC or Xbox One to confirm it is out? I'll update the OP.

# 5 CRIP4LIFE @ 10/20/14 09:29 PM
i'm 77% downloaded on xbox one.

2.5gb

# 6 dbacks01 @ 10/20/14 09:56 PM
Just downloaded the PS4 update now when I try to play any mode just freezes.

# 7 OnlookerDelay @ 10/20/14 10:06 PM
I've got and played both the XB1 and PS4 update versions. They both are like playing new games! HBS is listening to us. Guess what else is in this update? An option to turn off Depth of Field! It works fabulously in not only the looks - IMO - but also in frame rate! The new golfer camera is just killing it.... I swear - this is a new game. I'm going to be bleary eyed before I can quit playing this game tonight, across three different platforms

The frame rate improvement is noticeable on both platforms, but it actually revives the XB1 version to playable status again. And the DOF off option gets rid of the false blurriness the XB1 patch introduced... it looks better than the original version now, by a significant margin. Yes, it's still 720p, but it's much easier on the eyes now... more importantly, it's not like playing underwater now.

This might be the best update I've seen since PGA Championship Golf 99's patch that introduced a real time, full screen "snap to lie" camera angle. I feel like I'm playing a new game to be totally honest!

# 8 MUTTS @ 10/20/14 11:14 PM
PS4

I've downloaded and installed but when I go to play, there are no courses in course select screen. Just blank icons. None listed under most popular, highest rated, my favorites, etc.

Some appear if I go offline. Rebooted machine and no dice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

# 9 dbacks01 @ 10/20/14 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS
PS4

I've downloaded and installed but when I go to play, there are no courses in course select screen. Just blank icons. None listed under most popular, highest rated, my favorites, etc.

Some appear if I go offline. Rebooted machine and no dice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
I'm having the same problem no courses anywhere.

# 10 OnlookerDelay @ 10/20/14 11:28 PM
Don't panic guys. the servers took a while to get caught up after both the PS4 and XB1 patches the first time... this will work itself out over the next few hours! I've found tonight that the XB1 version is actually getting caught up in the course and tournament repopulation area much faster than the PS4. Check out the new Boreal theme course... Flathead County Golf Club. I'm surprised at how much I'm liking it.

# 11 kamackeris76 @ 10/21/14 06:33 AM
This is like a whole new game to me. The graphics on the x1 look awesome now... Such an improvement. The camera Angles are amazing. I'm loving having ball trail off and snapping to my ball landing. Also one thing I didn't notice in the update notes is the wind changes direction and strength whilst you are playing.... WOW HB studios.... If this is the way we are heading then this is going to be my game of the year. Now If they can get it running at 900p.....

# 12 Capfan11 @ 10/21/14 06:43 AM
On PS4 how does one get that new snazzy "snap to" ball landing camera? I'm still seeing the same follow ball angle. Played Flathead which was quite nice.

# 13 greenegt @ 10/21/14 09:55 AM
Played a few holes this morning on XB1. I love the new camera options and new theme. The game just keeps getting better and better.

# 14 fishepa @ 10/21/14 10:29 AM
Are the new camera angles dynamic or do you have to enable them somehow?

# 15 Hoos @ 10/21/14 10:46 AM
Looooooving this update!! The cameras are WOW!!

# 16 OnlookerDelay @ 10/21/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Are the new camera angles dynamic or do you have to enable them somehow?
You select both the new swing camera angles (the one you want yours to default to) in the Display menu. It's under "Main Camera view". I set mine to #3, and there are four to choose from. #2 is the camera view from the original version of the game. The putting and approach default views are what the camera will switch to when you press the putting or approach button when putting or playing approach views. I went with #2 when putting as it gives you a reverse angle view from the other side of the hole, looking back at your golfer. It's much easier to assess breaks using it.

As for what many of us are call in the Golfer point of view, or golfer perspective camera, you achieve it by turning "Follow Camera" to "OFF". The camera slowly transitions from the swing camera view to your golfer's eyes after impact, and it's like your golfer's eyes are following the ball as it ascends and descends. You can switch back to Follow Camera at any point during the shot's travel, on demand, by pressing the "A" button on the XB1, "X" button on PS4. It's a thing of beauty

# 17 Hoos @ 10/21/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You select both the new swing camera angles (the one you want yours to default to) in the Display menu. It's under "Main Camera view". I set mine to #3, and there are four to choose from. #2 is the camera view from the original version of the game. The putting and approach default views are what the camera will switch to when you press the putting or approach button when putting or playing approach views. I went with #2 when putting as it gives you a reverse angle view from the other side of the hole, looking back at your golfer. It's much easier to assess breaks using it.

As for what many of us are call in the Golfer point of view, or golfer perspective camera, you achieve it by turning "Follow Camera" to "OFF". The camera slowly transitions from the swing camera view to your golfer's eyes after impact, and it's like your golfer's eyes are following the ball as it ascends and descends. You can switch back to Follow Camera at any point during the shot's travel, on demand, by pressing the "A" button on the XB1, "X" button on PS4. It's a thing of beauty
It also looks like you can enable your swing from any putting camera (maybe other shots as well??), even after using the sticks to rotate your view. I just went in to the putting camera and there's a new option on the PS4 to enable swing with R3 from the view I am looking at. I'd try it now but am playing in the Bushwood tournament and I'm scared, lmao

EDIT: CONFIRMED!! You can putt from pretty much any camera angle, sweeet!!! I spun the camera around then raised the elevation up about 20' above the green looking back at my golfer, pressed R3 and the swing mechanism worked, very nice!!! I even sunk a 30 foot with a crazy break from that view, lovin this hahaha

# 18 brandon27 @ 10/21/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I've got and played both the XB1 and PS4 update versions. They both are like playing new games! HBS is listening to us. Guess what else is in this update? An option to turn off Depth of Field! It works fabulously in not only the looks - IMO - but also in frame rate! The new golfer camera is just killing it.... I swear - this is a new game. I'm going to be bleary eyed before I can quit playing this game tonight, across three different platforms

The frame rate improvement is noticeable on both platforms, but it actually revives the XB1 version to playable status again. And the DOF off option gets rid of the false blurriness the XB1 patch introduced... it looks better than the original version now, by a significant margin. Yes, it's still 7200, but it's much easier on the eyes now... more importantly, it's not like playing underwater now.

This might be the best update I've seen since PGA Championship Golf 99's patch that introduced a real time, full screen "snap to lie" camera angle. I feel like I'm playing a new game to be totally honest!
Awesome. Can't wait to try it tonight now. After that last update, I couldn't stand playing it. Which was fine, because FH2 is eating up alot of time time. Be nice to get back into this game again now since the weather has gotten much colder here and I'm about ready to be forced to put my real clubs away unfortunately.

# 19 Hoos @ 10/21/14 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
It also looks like you can enable your swing from any putting camera (maybe other shots as well??), even after using the sticks to rotate your view. I just went in to the putting camera and there's a new option on the PS4 to enable swing with R3 from the view I am looking at. I'd try it now but am playing in the Bushwood tournament and I'm scared, lmao

EDIT: CONFIRMED!! You can putt from pretty much any camera angle, sweeet!!! I spun the camera around then raised the elevation up about 20' above the green looking back at my golfer, pressed R3 and the swing mechanism worked, very nice!!! I even sunk a 30 foot with a crazy break from that view, lovin this hahaha
Does not look like you have the option to use a custom camera using the R3 button, does not show up until you get on the green.

# 20 thecrow @ 10/21/14 12:41 PM
How do you go about dl new content ?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.