Home
NHL 15 News Post

The planned October content update for NHL 15 has arrived for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. It includes the addition of OTP and the all new NHL entry draft. Unfortunately for OTP users, you can't play with friends, OTP is used for ranked matches.

According to quite a few users, the third jerseys don't appear to be in the game, but they are listed in the update.

UPDATE: According to djblue, if you download the latest roster update, you will see the third jerseys.

You can view the entire list of fixes and additions below. Let us know what you are seeing.

Quote:
Online Team Play

Play online with up to ten players, locked to a single position using real-world rosters. These matches will be 5v5 ranked with AI controlled goalies.

Be a GM - Rookie Draft

For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like a real NHL GM. As they do at the NHL Entry Draft, you have three minutes to make a draft pick.

If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the course of the draft.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 APar2008 @ 10/27/14 01:09 AM
how do you download the update. I have an xbox one its, connected to xbox live but I dont see any of the new features. I can play games online.

# 142 jb1 @ 10/27/14 07:20 AM
This is a much better game for me post latest update and tuner. The big improvements for me have been the manual passing which still doesn't feel quite right but it's much better than it was before and the fact that I haven't run into the CPU berserker mode that has been mentioned a lot here.

I play All Star Hardcore with a few slider adjustments and I've been having some great games, played through 5 Be a Gm games with the latest updates and the games have just felt like hockey, I had to put the game on the shelf for a while with the previous tuners but not anymore.

What I really like is all my games have felt different, a comfortable 2-0 win, a 1-0 loss where I did everything but score, a 4-3 shootout win in a really even game, a 4-3 OT win in game I totally dominated but yet but goaltending (or my defensive skills) let me down for the first time and a 3-2 OT loss in a game I was lucky to get anything out of.

I was a bit worried after my first two games which saw only 3 goals but then in my next game there were 4 goals in the first 10 minutes to put any fears to rest. I really love that this game has that anything can happen feel to it.

Only slight concern is penalties or more accurately lack of but even though I feel they are on the low side I like that I've had games with 4 PP's and other games with 4PK's, 5-on 3's for and against so it's not horrible by any means, I'd just like to see a few more.

At this point I'm just enjoying the game for what it is and on the ice it's a great game right now.

# 143 Vikes1 @ 10/27/14 09:29 AM
The ' momentum' sure got me in my latest GM game, falling to the Kings 7-0. The cpu scored on 4 of 5 pp's, and out shot me 44 to 16! Official butt kicking!

# 144 MizzouRah @ 10/27/14 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
The ' momentum' sure got me in my latest GM game, falling to the Kings 7-0. The cpu scored on 4 of 5 pp's, and out shot me 44 to 16! Official butt kicking!
I was up 2-0 on the Kings earlier in the season and felt like I was controlling the game, then they rattled off 5 goals to beat me 5-2, don't feel bad!

# 145 kyussmanchu @ 10/27/14 02:54 PM
Played my first game ever yesterday (Be a Pro). Had a 7-1 lead going into the 3rd period. CPU decided that they were going to score on literally 85% of their shots and they won in OT 8-7. I can honestly say that this is the worst NHL game EA has made since NHL97. I'm gonna putz with sliders to see if I can make this game playable...

# 146 AdamJones113 @ 10/27/14 02:55 PM
^^^^LOL!

Did you have Eddie Lack in net or something?? Can you post their shot total and your period length?

# 147 Istorvir @ 10/27/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyussmanchu
Played my first game ever yesterday (Be a Pro). Had a 7-1 lead going into the 3rd period. CPU decided that they were going to score on literally 85% of their shots and they won in OT 8-7. I can honestly say that this is the worst NHL game EA has made since NHL97. I'm gonna putz with sliders to see if I can make this game playable...
Make sure you're playing on hardcore gamestyle; it might help. EA has come out and stated that all other game modes are easier to score and be scored on and have a much more "arcade" type feel. Don't remember the exact post, but it was on their forums. I've played on hardcore since I got the game on the release date and I've never had a team score more than 6 on me. I've also never scored more than 6 on the CPU. To elaborate, this has happened once for either occurrence in about 70 games played. I do see 5 goals for a team maybe once in 8 or 10 games, though.

# 148 kyussmanchu @ 10/27/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
^^^^LOL!

Did you have Eddie Lack in net or something?? Can you post their shot total and your period length?
I don't remember the totals but they finished with around 27 shots and I was playing 7 minute periods cuz watching from the bench for 20 mins in BAP is not something I want to do. Ever.

# 149 kyussmanchu @ 10/27/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorvir
Make sure you're playing on hardcore gamestyle; it might help. EA has come out and stated that all other game modes are easier to score and be scored on and have a much more "arcade" type feel. Don't remember the exact post, but it was on their forums. I've played on hardcore since I got the game on the release date and I've never had a team score more than 6 on me. I've also never scored more than 6 on the CPU. To elaborate, this has happened once for either occurrence in about 70 games played. I do see 5 goals for a team maybe once in 8 or 10 games, though.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out for sure.

# 150 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/28/14 04:23 AM
Tried to edit my earlier post but deleted it ? but what I wanted to add is on how I play its almost guaranteed when the cpu gets a huge hit or two a goal is soon to come and then they stay in head hunter mode .

Now if I lessen hit power Im worried where will the cpu gets its goals other then generated ones as they mostly use big hits as the catalyst but then I dont wanna turn the game into bump cars either as big hits control the great scoring chances.

But playing on Simulation has given me more control that I needed especially in tilted ice mode to make the game responsive but still random and a joy to play again for the most part as I won 3-1 , 3-2 and 7-1 with Hank getting yanked and lost 4-1 , 3-1 ,3-0 and 5-2 but no OT games .

# 151 Splitter77 @ 10/28/14 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Tried to edit my earlier post but deleted it ? but what I wanted to add is on how I play its almost guaranteed when the cpu gets a huge hit or two a goal is soon to come and then they stay in head hunter mode .

Now if I lessen hit power Im worried where will the cpu gets its goals other then generated ones as they mostly use big hits as the catalyst but then I dont wanna turn the game into bump cars either as big hits control the great scoring chances.

But playing on Simulation has given me more control that I needed especially in tilted ice mode to make the game responsive but still random and a joy to play again for the most part as I won 3-1 , 3-2 and 7-1 with Hank getting yanked and lost 4-1 , 3-1 ,3-0 and 5-2 but no OT games .
i have hit power at 0, and they still get plenty of big hits.
i played 2 games in a row last nite with the same 2 teams.
i lost one game 4-3 in ot.
then i won 5-1
shots were even in the first game.
second game i had the edge 30-22 i think.
i play 8 min.

pretty fun games
out of my 30 shots in game 2, i think i had about 20 quality chances.
if the goalies were normal, id win both games by at least 6-7 goals easy.
Goalies are just a way of making their patheic AI managable i think.

# 152 MizzouRah @ 10/28/14 09:22 AM
Yeah it's weird.. hit power at 1 and I was seeing 7-10 PP's a game, I lower it to 0 and I still see 4-6 per game, but the hits come in a much better spot instead of all over the place.

When you watch a real hockey game, guys aren't flying to the ground every 5 minutes, mostly when the checking lines are out.

I think default hitting which is +2 on hardcore is set up for an arcade style of play with big hits all over the place.

# 153 actionhank @ 10/28/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yeah it's weird.. hit power at 1 and I was seeing 7-10 PP's a game, I lower it to 0 and I still see 4-6 per game, but the hits come in a much better spot instead of all over the place.

When you watch a real hockey game, guys aren't flying to the ground every 5 minutes, mostly when the checking lines are out.

I think default hitting which is +2 on hardcore is set up for an arcade style of play with big hits all over the place.
I don't know that you can ever really get rid of the big hits, at least in the terms of "every hit looks like that guy is probably dead.". EA only seems to register hard hits, or soft bumps. There's not really much bumping a guy out of the play without wrecking him.

I've tried everything i can think of in NHL14 to fine-tune the hitting to avoid 100 bone crushing hits per game, while still having penalties, but even with the penalty sliders maxed, aggression moved all over, and hit power/assistance at 0, I've never been able to get something that let there be the occasional monster hit, with softer ones scattered in.
I think it's something EA will have to specifically address, so there's some middle ground between no hits, and monster hits.

# 154 Vikes1 @ 10/28/14 01:27 PM
Completely off topic but dang....my Beagm would be sooo much more interesting and fun, if the NZ had something, anything, to do with playing this game. I understand why it doesn't play that way outta the box. What i don't get is...after the 500,001 times this very basic part of the sport beimg missing has been mentioned....why EA fails to add NZ play with their 'Hardcore' game style? Or add a NZ slider, that truly works.

# 155 MizzouRah @ 10/28/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I don't know that you can ever really get rid of the big hits, at least in the terms of "every hit looks like that guy is probably dead.". EA only seems to register hard hits, or soft bumps. There's not really much bumping a guy out of the play without wrecking him.

I've tried everything i can think of in NHL14 to fine-tune the hitting to avoid 100 bone crushing hits per game, while still having penalties, but even with the penalty sliders maxed, aggression moved all over, and hit power/assistance at 0, I've never been able to get something that let there be the occasional monster hit, with softer ones scattered in.
I think it's something EA will have to specifically address, so there's some middle ground between no hits, and monster hits.
Yeah.. hitting at 0 doesn't make it perfect, but it's better than 50 bone crushing hits a game. It does need addressed as does neutral zone play among a list of other game play improvements.

I get they want to sell games, so an arcadey style is what makes some purchase the game, but when you change to "hardcore" the game should also make some under the hood adjustments to the game play.

# 156 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/28/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i have hit power at 0, and they still get plenty of big hits.
i played 2 games in a row last nite with the same 2 teams.
i lost one game 4-3 in ot.
then i won 5-1
shots were even in the first game.
second game i had the edge 30-22 i think.
i play 8 min.

pretty fun games
out of my 30 shots in game 2, i think i had about 20 quality chances.
if the goalies were normal, id win both games by at least 6-7 goals easy.
Goalies are just a way of making their patheic AI managable i think.
Theres some things in this game I just overlook playing on allstar default for the better of the game as how it looks at times is lacking .

Do you find lowering the big hits keeps the game playing normal and not going into boost mode ? and then do you lessen puck control as I only play on default .

When the game released Physics were very responsive and realistic and now after a big hit I get its poor ( meaning I blast a guy and then cant get the puck and the guy I just creamed gets up like nothing and grabs the puck and goes on the attack ).

I also find the more normal/fair you try to make this game play it really wrecks gameplay as theres that invisible AI breaking point and hence no close games or OT because I lessened the uncontrollable.

One of my last games I played I won 7-1 knocking Henrik out after the 6th goal but the first 2 goals were given to me on bad save animations but then I had to earn the 3rd and the 4th goal to control the game and then the cpu quit .

Also lost the SO on a bad animation so I take the good with the bad but I kinda hate all this randomness just for the sake of it because I did nothing other then putting 2 pucks on nets and the AI decided to give me a 2-0 lead as a scenario .

I find it easier just to go with the flow instead of trying to change it and then waste time trying to tweak things to perfection as it then can wreck other parts of the game .

# 157 MizzouRah @ 10/28/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Theres some things in this game I just overlook playing on allstar default for the better of the game as how it looks at times is lacking .

But do you find lowering the big hits keeps the game playing normal and not going into boost mode ?

When the game released Physics were very responsive and realistic and now after a big hit I get its poor ( meaning I blast a guy and then cant get the puck and the guy I just creamed gets up like nothing and grabs the puck and goes on the attack ).

I also find the more normal/fair you try to make this game play it really wrecks gameplay as theres that invisible AI breaking point and hence no close games or OT because I lessened the uncontrollable.
Seems normal to me with hitting power at 0, although I need a few more games to test. I see more guys going to a knee rather than being completely knocked to the other end of the ice.

The one thing with current gen vs last gen is the skating engine is so different, players momentum plays such a huge part in current gen.

# 158 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/28/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Seems normal to me with hitting power at 0, although I need a few more games to test. I see more guys going to a knee rather than being completely knocked to the other end of the ice.

The one thing with current gen vs last gen is the skating engine is so different, players momentum plays such a huge part in current gen.

Hi Mizz ,
I know you understand how I play but my biggest fear would be when you figure in all the little things like AI , tilted ice ect and not having those big hits would screw up gameplay as they really do play a huge part in scoring chances for better or worst so it sucks visually but Ill take it over messing up gameplay but its probably better with hardcore .

UPDATE

So the deciding game starts up as me Chi vs LA and this is after my 7-1 win as Habs vs Nyr and the cpu is on turbo right off the draw but I counter pretty good but then they get 2 goals on the first two shots of the game on long one timers no screen from behind the faceoff circles .

I then get a 5 on 3 PP but cant score but I decide to fight through it and just look at it as a scenario and try to adjust and going into the third its 2-2 .

Im out shooting LA 25-11 with a toa of 9 minutes to 3 but overall a good game and playing on sim has done this as I always feel like I have a fair chance that I couldnt get on Hardcore default .

Update 2

Ok I lost 4-2 in a great game and I was hoping to prove my no OT wrong but with 3 minutes left down 3-2 on a 5 ft pass from Keith to Hossa my other d man jumped in the way last second and it went off his skate t0 the cpu who did a behind the net pass and a one timer but I cant wait to see what unfolds with MTL vs NYR after I won 7-1 ?

# 159 MizzouRah @ 10/28/14 10:33 PM
Sometimes this game makes me want to kick my xb1 in the teeth!!! I score a goal and no goal horn or anything.. then the whistle blows and the announcers say they are not sure why gameplay was stopped, maybe the ref lost sight of the puck. THE FREAKING WHISTLE DIDN'T BLOW UNTIL AFTER THE GOAL WAS SCORED!!! So I end up in a shootout and lose, instead of winning the game!

There are just times I want to say, F this game and go back to last gen for good.

# 160 bwiggy33 @ 10/28/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Completely off topic but dang....my Beagm would be sooo much more interesting and fun, if the NZ had something, anything, to do with playing this game. I understand why it doesn't play that way outta the box. What i don't get is...after the 500,001 times this very basic part of the sport beimg missing has been mentioned....why EA fails to add NZ play with their 'Hardcore' game style? Or add a NZ slider, that truly works.
This is the only reason I haven't bought the game this year or last. After NHL 13 I couldn't take it any longer. I'm not forcing myself to create house rules just to make the game semi-playable. All they have to do is add a neutral zone system and they can have my money. Obviously that won't satisfy me forever, but it is the one thing that I have to have in order to enjoy this game again and I will not buy it until it's fixed. I may pick up a used copy of last gen but I still haven't pulled the trigger on that even though I've been pondering it for a while. It's sad that something like the neutral zone hasn't been touched ever in this series, and as you said it's only been mentioned hundreds of times. I honestly don't expect it to be in the game any time soon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.