Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

The waiting is over.

EA Sports is planning to do a gameplay live stream of NBA Live 15 tonight on Twitch. An official time has not been announced yet, but it's likely the EA Sports NBA Twitter account will be where the announcement is made.

UPDATE: Looks like they are almost ready to start, tune in here or watch the embedded stream above, as it starts. Once the archive is available, we will update this post with a link to it.

UPDATE #2: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Are you looking forward to our first look at NBA Live 15 gameplay?

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 The 24th Letter @ 10/22/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I missed few minutes in the beginning, but seems like the Euro-step is what Hopstep was in Live 2004, almost a sure way to get to the basket. Hopefully it's the lower difficulty level.

It is. Pro.

# 122 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be set to All-Star, but I can't confirm.

I'll also assume that you can use the Left Trigger (defensive assist) button to "bump guys off their path during the euro-step.

# 123 nick_sr @ 10/22/14 07:03 PM
Really can't recall fouls being called on jumpers last year. That was nice

# 124 bateman11 @ 10/22/14 07:05 PM
This game may not be top in its class yet, but I'm sold. I saw promise with last year's mess, and this looks like a great improvement. Still some rough areas, but I can look past most of them.

Heart has always been with Live and it hasn't felt right not having them as an option the past few years. So good for basketball fans to have this game back. Yes, I said it.. NBA Live is back. True fans of the game and franchise can relate.

# 125 SageInfinite @ 10/22/14 07:07 PM
Live fans rejoice!!!!!

# 126 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:07 PM
noshun, clean out some PM's.

# 127 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
Is it going to be archived?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 128 kumamae_33 @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
The game looks good. A lot better than Live 14. The only thing that i dont like is the passing animation. It looks so unnatural to me.

# 129 youvalss @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It is. Pro.
I know, I just hope this is the reason for that.

Also, the midair shot change animations I've seen so far look like Live 14's, which are some of my least favorite animations (remind me of Live 2005's animation style, really old).

Overall it flows better and animation transition is better. Nothing ground breaking or amazing. Probably because they have been fighting to reach to the standards they had back in Oct. 2009. In some ways, at least from this video, they're not there yet. But there are also some things that look better.

Maybe it's just me, but it didn't turn to be exciting, just not much of the "wow" feeling that a new next-gen (or current-gen, if you will) sports game should create.

Decent overall, need to see more.

# 130 wdh6325 @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
I copy that. Live is back. Many things to be proud of with Live 15. Franchise should only get better from here on.

# 131 TerryP @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
Certainly looks worthy of giving the demo a fair chance. Should be able to pick it up for a good price soon with Black Friday & Cyber Monday just around the corner.

# 132 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:08 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/easports/b/580797432

There you go gents. Should be up.

# 133 Shakedowncapo @ 10/22/14 07:13 PM
Not impressed in the slightest after watching that whole game. I can't for the life of me understand the direction they went with the way it animates. It looks like we're playing basketball on the moon. Its nice that the pace isn't as hectic as 2K's but its wrong in the way its trying to capture a true NBA pacing...Its like the polar opposite and still very off putting when they decide to take a jump shot, pass the ball or something as simple as run. These players have no BURST period. Look at what happened in the 3rd quarter when Westbrook stole the ball...His burst way non existent and way quickly caught up too.

The contact animations weren't as prevalent considering all the driving they did to the basket. I'm glad they showed this off, and now its off to try the demo. Nothing shown here is gonna make your average consumer put $60 off to the side considering the November titles coming out.

# 134 Pappy Knuckles @ 10/22/14 07:13 PM
The game looked a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. I really want to get my hands on it to check it out for myself now. The animations were good for the most part and the dribbling was pretty fluid. I would've liked to seen them call some plays and seen a bit more interior D, but I can't knock them too hard from what I just watched. How this plays on higher difficulty levels and whether online is smooth or not will determine whether this becomes my primary basketball game this year.

# 135 AiDub @ 10/22/14 07:14 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing... Because EA doesn't have an exclusive on NBA, we have all benefited from the healthy competition between them and 2K. Let's be honest, it appears Live is going to be much improved this year and 2K continues to outdo themselves with their iteration of the NBA2K15... We all win with these gorgeous games because each developer is pushing each other to be better. Now if we can only get EA to give up that NFL exclusive!

# 136 The 24th Letter @ 10/22/14 07:15 PM
Definitely enjoyed the stream overall...not necessarily wowed, but as someone who played Live 14 I can appreciate the improvement...

Game looks good...some of the non scanned faces were pretty rough (what's good with that Reggie Jackson? lol) but for the most part they were good.

The body types were more evident in pics than during game play...think they may have gone overboard with the muscles...JJ Reddick was ripped...but that visual stuff is minor...(for me)

Animations were better than I expected and smooth for be most part...makes the game look 100x more engaging. The signature style looked good from what I saw too...won't get a real feel for it until I get my hands on the game...

Only worry I have is defense...I'll take WTFs word for it about difficulty...but that's the first thing I'll be looking for when I fire this up tomorrow...

# 137 Maxbeatzz @ 10/22/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
This game may not be top in its class yet, but I'm sold. I saw promise with last year's mess, and this looks like a great improvement. Still some rough areas, but I can look past most of them.

Heart has always been with Live and it hasn't felt right not having them as an option the past few years. So good for basketball fans to have this game back. Yes, I said it.. NBA Live is back. True fans of the game and franchise can relate.
True!!! I'm to ready.

# 138 Semipro91 @ 10/22/14 07:19 PM
Is it just me or did off ball movement on offense seem nonexistent?

# 139 nick_sr @ 10/22/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
The game looked good, but the passing animations at times look awkward as hell
they were very, very bad imo

# 140 The 24th Letter @ 10/22/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
Is it just me or did off ball movement on offense seem nonexistent?

Automotion wasn't turned on...hopefully it makes a bigger difference than last year...I still don't get the point of it being off, lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.