Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

The waiting is over.

EA Sports is planning to do a gameplay live stream of NBA Live 15 tonight on Twitch. An official time has not been announced yet, but it's likely the EA Sports NBA Twitter account will be where the announcement is made.

UPDATE: Looks like they are almost ready to start, tune in here or watch the embedded stream above, as it starts. Once the archive is available, we will update this post with a link to it.

UPDATE #2: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Are you looking forward to our first look at NBA Live 15 gameplay?

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BrianFifaFan @ 10/22/14 07:23 PM
And they lost me at the LBJ dunk. Player faces are awesome. Love player scale to court. But the animations are a glaring eyesore. Not smooth at all. There was almost an NBA Jam exaggeration to anything in the air. And the numbers on the jerseys are totally off. This game looks loads better than last year. But still not up to scratch compared to any modern sports title. I was really hoping that somehow they had snuck Live 10 back in there with a new paint job. That would've been great. But this is nowhere close to that level. This is still in serious WIP stage..... Not wowed......

# 142 The 24th Letter @ 10/22/14 07:26 PM
The "receiving a pass" animation is sloww.

but you may be able to break out of it...didn't see them so much catch and go...

# 143 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:28 PM
I'll say that I normally don't do head to head play, but I may do some this year. It's fun.

For those not wowed, again, I understand but try it out for yourself. I'd about guarantee that playing against the cpu, with automotion on, on all star, guys will have a better than Live 10 experience.

First, play around in practice and do the tutorials so you'll understand some more of the controls.

# 144 youvalss @ 10/22/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Automotion wasn't turned on...hopefully it makes a bigger difference than last year...I still don't get the point of it being off, lol
Yeah, are they trying to show how good the game is or not? I don't get this logic. Just doesn't make sense. You're showcasing a game and you're trying to make it look worse?

# 145 youvalss @ 10/22/14 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
And they lost me at the LBJ dunk. Player faces are awesome. Love player scale to court. But the animations are a glaring eyesore. Not smooth at all. There was almost an NBA Jam exaggeration to anything in the air. And the numbers on the jerseys are totally off. This game looks loads better than last year. But still not up to scratch compared to any modern sports title. I was really hoping that somehow they had snuck Live 10 back in there with a new paint job. That would've been great. But this is nowhere close to that level. This is still in serious WIP stage..... Not wowed......
I think it's the same situation as with Live 08. Was definitely a better game than the horrible 07, but that didn't make it such a great game either. Hopefully some day they will release Live 10 for next-gen.

# 146 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/22/14 07:31 PM
I don't know what it is but it definitely has that "Live" look to it. Ever since Live 06 the animations in Live have been stiff & awkward looking. You guys know what I mean when I say it still has that Live awkwardness to the animations. As someone stated earlier, it's definitely a big improvement over Live 14 but lets face it....the bar was set extremely low to begin with. I give kudos to EA for putting in the effort & trying to put out a quality basketball game & I'm all for competition, but it seems as though Live 15 is competing with Live 10 & not the current competition. I'll give the demo a try but it looks like EA still has an uphill battle in front of them. EA Sports as a whole (with the exception of Fifa & Nhl) needs to really work on their animation quality going forward. After all this is NEXT GEN we're talking about. Just my 2 cents.

Oh & why is it that a lot of 2K15's player models are too skinny whereas Live 15's look like they're on roids? Can't we have a happy medium? Lol

# 147 bigeastbumrush @ 10/22/14 07:35 PM
If a gameplay dev can chime in-

Do foul frequencies (since there are no sliders) increase once you move up in difficulty?

There was a decent amount of fouls. But with all of the contact and physics, will/can there be more and-1 situations?

# 148 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:37 PM
There are foul sliders bigeast, and they work

# 149 Supersonic_BR @ 10/22/14 07:38 PM
Missed the live feed, any chance i can watch it?

# 150 El_Poopador @ 10/22/14 07:38 PM
Got here too late lol. Missed the stream. Going to have to check it out tomorrow if it's archived.

# 151 mbrancato157 @ 10/22/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
There are foul sliders bigeast, and they work
I thought the Devs confirmed no sliders?

# 152 PhiPsi1 @ 10/22/14 07:40 PM
Will there be an archived video for the broadcast? Damn...I missed it...

# 153 nick_sr @ 10/22/14 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Got here too late lol. Missed the stream. Going to have to check it out tomorrow if it's archived.
you can watch it again just did

# 154 WTF @ 10/22/14 07:43 PM
I posted the link a few up for the re-watching the archived version.

There ARE foul sliders. Just like last year. The difference is, this year they work.

# 155 poloelite @ 10/22/14 07:49 PM
This is definitely an improvement over Live 14, but I still think they're headed in the wrong direction with their base. I want to see how it feels tomorrow, but everything about it just looks last gen visually and gameplay wise. Without a humongous leap one year, I fear they will always be playing catch up, but want full price. The X factor is if the game is just plain fun, but I think as a sports gamer fun doesn't trump sim anymore. I didn't care about sim nearly as much 10 years ago as I do now, since technology was still developing for the nuances of the game. With their resources I think EA could pull off a major reboot, but from what I hear they are committed to this path with this base and I just can't see this becoming viable for what 2014 expectations are.

# 156 Supersonic_BR @ 10/22/14 07:49 PM
Whoa, only seen a couple of possessions but this is night and day from live 14, at least from a footage perspective.

# 157 simsportsgamer @ 10/22/14 07:52 PM
I really feel like the guys who did the stream didn't do the game justice. They ran ZERO plays. By watching this, I wouldn't know other than "quick motion" if there are plays in the game. #2, They literally isoed every possession to get to the hole with ease....

# 158 kumamae_33 @ 10/22/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsportsgamer
I really feel like the guys who did the stream didn't do the game justice. They ran ZERO plays. By watching this, I wouldn't know other than "quick motion" if there are plays in the game. #2, They literally isoed every possession to get to the hole with ease....
Agreed. Didn't even see them do post up moves. lol.

# 159 King_B_Mack @ 10/22/14 07:57 PM
I don't know WTF. I wanna believe you, but I just find it hard to believe that they go through all this trouble hiding gameplay until they have no choice but to show something because the game will be in people's hands anyway tomorrow, only to NOT take EVERY precaution to make sure they show the game in the highest light. I.E. turning on automotion, making sure it's on the higher levels that will solve all the woes that you're telling us the higher levels solve, etc.

I'll still be downloading Tuesday and probably hunting for ebay sales or friends that may pick it up and later look to offload it for cheap later on. So I'll definitely find out for myself, but right now it just doesn't make sense to me.

# 160 simsportsgamer @ 10/22/14 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumamae_33
Agreed. Didn't even see them do post up moves. lol.
Yes sir.... They even brought up the post moves and they went right over that question really fast.... Right back to the cross overing guards blowing by to the hole. And why the hell did they not change the difficulty level from pro?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.