Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of total gameplay. Play a quick game and post your impressions.

PlayStation 4 users will get a demo on the 28th and non-EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will be able to grab the trial version on the same date.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 CujoMatty @ 10/23/14 06:42 PM
Whew that was actually alot of fun. I cant believe im saying this but im gonna pick this up. There are things that I hope they can patch.
couple more notes.
the jerseys move too much which is really noticeable on free throws.
The release point has,I repeat has to get fixed. Its not good. in the tutorial it says release at the top of the shot but the cpu isnt recognizing that at all. way to early.
I just had a post shot rattle and go in but its def not frequent enough.
I wish there were sliders soooooo bad.
the controls are tough to get used to not cause there hard im just so used to 2k. once you do though I love the responsivness. dribble moves then y button away for a pull up jumper feels fantastic.
I cant stress enough how much I like the blocking in this game. So much authority behind it.
I would have bet a ton of money the way this game was marketed that it was going to be terrible. EA has a strong foundation here. People need to have an open mind here. My first impressions last night were not good but ive been playing and loving 2k for a long time. After I played last night I played 2k again and was noticing maybe live isnt as bad as my initial thoughts so I played live again. I really like alot of the stuff live is doing and I really hope EA builds off this. Is it gonna get more play than 2k from me? Hell no but its gonna get some play forsure which is a huge step up for years for NBA live. That to me is a win for EA. You have this 2ks fans attention.

# 162 WTF @ 10/23/14 07:36 PM
Elfrid Payton looks phenomenal in his scan. Ty posted it up, it'd coming.

# 163 jfk014 @ 10/23/14 07:43 PM

# 164 thedream2k13 @ 10/23/14 07:50 PM
We are playing the game !

# 165 The 24th Letter @ 10/23/14 07:51 PM

# 166 El_Poopador @ 10/23/14 09:15 PM
Played a few games today. So far, I'm loving the upgrade over last year. Responsiveness is absolutely noticeable, especially on defense. I don't feel helpless playing on the ball, and the paint is no longer guaranteed points.

Graphically the game is a thousand times better than 14. Both in the look of the players/court and how they move. Still a few wonky animations here and there but not many. Shots and free throws look great; it's nice to see how much work they put into differentiating the shots.

The only thing I'm really having trouble with is post offense, but that's more because I don't know the controls yet. Also, I'm finding it a little difficult to explode around a screen. Need to figure out the best angles to attack. Having Kevin Love, I'm hoping to run a lot of drive and kick plays, or pick and pops, but I need to work on my understanding of the player control first.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it so far. Looking forward to picking this up once I have the money.

# 167 Tha_Kid @ 10/23/14 09:21 PM
I've seen some posts about the post game controls, if u didn't know there is a post tutorial. It's not part of the onboarding but it's a drill in learn live

# 168 therizing02 @ 10/23/14 09:23 PM
This game is addicting. Great presentation and I love the player controls. Much tighter than 2k. Just a fun game all around.

I'd like to see my players move quicker in the detailed offensive sets and the late game AI management needs to be dealt with ASAP. This is a HUGE deal. I had the Knicks down 3 with 14 seconds to go and Shumpert just held the ball in the corner and then drove the baseline.

If they address those two things I'd buy the game

# 169 Basketball Nate @ 10/23/14 09:27 PM
The tutorial says you gotta utilize the drop step and spin move to be successful in the post.

# 170 jarvis1104 @ 10/23/14 09:35 PM
How could EA believe it was a good idea to not let the camera (on baseline) never zoom in? I throw it to the post and basically can't see what's happening.

# 171 The 24th Letter @ 10/23/14 09:49 PM
Post moves are usually the first thing I look at when I pick up a bball game since I know I'll be rolling with Timmay....there's not really a huge difference from last year tbh..

I just wish they'd put some kind of reasoning to post hook success...it seems somewhat random..felt like I almost had to do a spin, drop step it up and under to score...

# 172 Walt Frazier @ 10/23/14 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I can about guarantee the EA Access version doesn't have the Day 1 patch. I played a game just a second ago, Cavs @ Knicks, in which I lost on All-Star.

Knicks had 51 points... 22 in the Paint:

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...16673146_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...47094421_o.jpg
My pick n roll game STUNK. By the time I hit the guy rolling, help defense had cheated over to intercept passes.

Lebron was getting boo'ed the whole game by the Knicks crowd too which was pretty cool. I don't think that was there the last time.

24th, this is for you:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...62585364569115

Skip to around the 1:10 second mark, when I get out of replay mode

You'll see Melo with the mid range Jumper, then miss, and the kick out after the rebound.

Good vids....resetting the offense is a huge improvement on LIVE 14. Nice.

# 173 Walt Frazier @ 10/23/14 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This game is addicting. Great presentation and I love the player controls. Much tighter than 2k. Just a fun game all around.

I'd like to see my players move quicker in the detailed offensive sets and the late game AI management needs to be dealt with ASAP. This is a HUGE deal. I had the Knicks down 3 with 14 seconds to go and Shumpert just held the ball in the corner and then drove the baseline.

If they address those two things I'd buy the game
Yes, I would get it also if they fixed the end game AI. However...that problem was there in LIVE 14 also and they know about it. If they have not fixed it for LIVE 15 it is because the can't fix it. They knew about it, so they would have tried. There is no late game AI. They simply just run another play. Absolute game killer, unfortunately.

# 174 nick_sr @ 10/23/14 11:43 PM
Haven't played the game yet but I can see what the first guy who gave his impressions was talking about.some videos the game play looks great! In other videos it seems as if game play hasn'tchanged at all. Maybe its because there's a lot guys play who never gave the game a chance last year and aren't familiar.

# 175 ckarlic @ 10/24/14 12:20 AM
Played a couple of games from ea access and the game looks better than last year but am not too keen on the gameplay. One thing that stood out to me was player movement or lack thereof. My ai teammates didn't seem to move to much off the ball. I tried calling different plays to get my players to move without the ball and they did once a play was called but stopped shortly after. Also, not sure if it was like this last year, but the CPU was nailing everything from the outside and from within the paint. I have a few more hours with the trial so I will try to get used to the controls and see if my impressions change. Right now, I'm leaning towards maybe waiting a while before I buy the game and get it on a discount.

# 176 Skyboxer @ 10/24/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsportsgamer
About guarantee? Regardless if you have an early copy or not, if we Access members don't have the infamous patch, retail copies wouldn't either.... Or what am I missing? I'm afraid what we're playing is post patch
How did the patch become "infamous"??

# 177 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 10/24/14 12:50 AM
My impressions after a few games:

This game is really fun. The player movement seemed weird at first but it just takes a while to get used to and I'm really starting to like it now. The animations are a big step up from last year and don't feel so stiff. Dribbling is really smooth and you can pull off some nice combos. Contact in the paint is good but hopefully it's improved in a patch so offence isn't as dominant.

Now on to graphics. Not much to say other than I think they're AMAZING. I can't believe some people are saying they only look a little better than 14. The detail in this game is crazy.

Also curry's jump shot is BUTTER.... So spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 178 CujoMatty @ 10/24/14 01:27 AM
I just discovered something that has convinced me im buying for sure now. you can completely turn off player indicators. I have wanted this in 2k for years. I used to play 2k on pc and it was always the first mod id get. Makes me feel like im watching it on tv not playing a video game.

im still dumb founded that there isnt any sliders. I havent really played a live game in a long time and am having quite a bit of success on superstar. Hoping the game doesnt get too easy. does synergy have anything to do with difficulty? im not really sure what synergy people talk about does in NBA live.

# 179 ChrisCP3Paul @ 10/24/14 01:28 AM
How much do you guys think the first and probably only major patch for Live 15 will make a difference ?
because that one major patch they had that was supposed to solve a lot of issues for 14 never delivered....

I would definitely buy the game if I knew for a fact that theyre gonna release a good solid patch or two that actually fixes stuff

# 180 Tha_Kid @ 10/24/14 01:28 AM
H2H I had a pretty fun game online. Wizards v Bulls. Derrick Rose was hard to stop but there are better defensive counters to the ballhandler this year. The shooting percentages were high but it was fun. If the day1 patch touches on the areas it is supposed to I could see me picking this up esp with the gcu unlocked deal next week.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.