Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1021 sportyguyfl31 @ 11/28/14 12:07 PM
Im hoping they patch the CPU team's roster management for injuries. I would really like to get a franchise going, since the games can be pounded out pretty quickly. It's one of the big things I like about it...but I dont want the CPU wasting Durant, Westbrook, Rose, Beal on the injury list all first season, either.

Fantasy draft, maybe?

# 1022 Mintsa @ 11/30/14 01:13 AM
The shot release online is ridiculous. It makes online basically unplayable.

Other than graphics which I think are incredible (accurate, clean, crisp).

I'm just not finding much else here. It's still early, but it's not looking good, especially with online not being playable because of the ridiculous shot releases, which is unfortunate because it does run pretty damn smooth and seems very stable.

# 1023 Calvenn @ 11/30/14 12:17 PM
What is your shot release setting? Rating only works better it seems. Not sure how this translates to an online game.

# 1024 cherone21 @ 11/30/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
The shot release online is ridiculous. It makes online basically unplayable.

Other than graphics which I think are incredible (accurate, clean, crisp).

I'm just not finding much else here. It's still early, but it's not looking good, especially with online not being playable because of the ridiculous shot releases, which is unfortunate because it does run pretty damn smooth and seems very stable.
Just be a little patient. 20 games in and I am just starting to get a hang of shooting midrange jump shots. I don't think it is a timing issue as much as it is related the close out of the defenders. The defenders are able to cause shots to be considered "guarded" to easily and it causes jump shooters to miss easy midrange jump shots.

# 1025 Mintsa @ 12/01/14 04:05 PM
^^^^^

I don't think so man. Offline is fine. It's live's way of shooting, I'm fine with that. But online just isn't right, it's waaaaaaaay to quick, it doesn't feel natural, not even for a video game.

Also, the "only swish" for a made 3 pointer isn't cool. It's very live 08 ish.

# 1026 ifitbeginsitends @ 12/04/14 04:54 AM
Man! I've been having fun with this game something serious! Just alot of fun. Those 3point percentages can be high but in my experience you can stop them with good defense. If you are up to speed with your rotations they won't even attempt the shot.

# 1027 GisherJohn24 @ 12/04/14 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
Man! I've been having fun with this game something serious! Just alot of fun. Those 3point percentages can be high but in my experience you can stop them with good defense. If you are up to speed with your rotations they won't even attempt the shot.
Agree. Wide open 3s never seem to miss for cpu. Other than that. I really enjoy nba live.

# 1028 babythug23 @ 12/04/14 11:24 PM
First i want to say the game is fun no doubt. But what's up with the shot release? Its like i got to release the button before they are at the peak of the shot. U almost got to release it almost like a shot fake to get a good release. Just doesn't feel right.

# 1029 ifitbeginsitends @ 12/05/14 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
First i want to say the game is fun no doubt. But what's up with the shot release? Its like i got to release the button before they are at the peak of the shot. U almost got to release it almost like a shot fake to get a good release. Just doesn't feel right.
From my experience it seems to be when the players elbow and upper arm are parallel to the floor. Try it, see if that helps

# 1030 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/05/14 12:24 PM
Ahh the joys of online exploiters.

Seems like the exploit of choice these days is to go into the post up position with anyone with a high dunk or contact shot rating, and then immediately spin off and go into a power dunk. It works every time.

I figured out a counter to it on the fly, and managed to come from about 12 down, to beating the idiot in overtime.

When you see this being done to you,you must play on ball defense and as soon as you see the nerd put his guy into the back down position, back away and shade him opposite his ball hand. He'll smack right into you, and if you have a good onball defender, he'll force the ballhandler to pick up his dribble. Worst case scenario, if he is persistent in trying to force it, you'll get some contact misses, blocks and charge calls.

These gamer nerds are something else

# 1031 blackngoldfan @ 12/05/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
^^^^^

I don't think so man. Offline is fine. It's live's way of shooting, I'm fine with that. But online just isn't right, it's waaaaaaaay to quick, it doesn't feel natural, not even for a video game.

Also, the "only swish" for a made 3 pointer isn't cool. It's very live 08 ish.
I definitely agree with this. Every made 3 pointer or 2 point jump shot seems to be brick or swish. More ball/rim interaction would be great.

# 1032 nick_sr @ 12/07/14 04:18 PM
Anyone notice better gameplay after the new roster update?

Played a fewlut challenges earlier and was very happy how thevgsme was playing.

Need to get more player movement without calling plays

# 1033 GisherJohn24 @ 12/07/14 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Anyone notice better gameplay after the new roster update?

Played a fewlut challenges earlier and was very happy how thevgsme was playing.

Need to get more player movement without calling plays
I agree. Can't pinpoint anything though

# 1034 The 24th Letter @ 12/07/14 10:41 PM
Ugh, this sequence here

https://vid.me/dpAO

Excuse the quality, PSN sharing isn't working for me...

This why we need the OOB force field removed pronto

# 1035 blackngoldfan @ 12/08/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ugh, this sequence here

https://vid.me/dpAO

Excuse the quality, PSN sharing isn't working for me...

This why we need the OOB force field removed pronto

The force field around the court doesn't help matters. Why is there even an option to turn "out of bounds" off?

# 1036 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/08/14 04:07 PM
I dont like the force field at all..WHY is it there?? bails out guys online, CONSTANTLY

# 1037 nick_sr @ 12/08/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Was it faster and more responsive? I been feeling that for awhile now, but sometimes it reverts back to laggy game play
More responsive IMO

The pace seems to have slowed a bit which is perfect for me

# 1038 GisherJohn24 @ 12/08/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
It needs tweaked for sure. A guy like dion waiters, basically tap the button and that's considered a good release. A game speed adjustment option would be nice too.

# 1039 Mintsa @ 12/09/14 08:14 AM
Man....these online shot releases will be the end of me! I can now find some kind of rhythm but even when I do manage "excellent" releases I still shoot bricks ??

Side note (positive): This game is smooth as silk online....just smooth. No hiccups, no hitches, NO RANDOM DISCONNECTS. I love it.

# 1040 The 24th Letter @ 12/09/14 11:18 AM
Watching my bro play online...

The other user has the Cavaliers and literally all he's doing is the LeBron cherry picking and the side line exploit to get his points....SMH. Both are pretty much indefensible. I'm hoping the dev's are aware of this...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.