Home
News Post

The long anticipated and hyped PS4 2.0 update is arriving with tons of new features for gamers today.

The biggest feature is the new 'Share Play' feature which will allow gamers to start a party in order to let their friends spectate them playing a game or even hand over control of a game. The person who virtually gets control of a game doesn't need to own it in order to play, which sets up some fun possibilities for sure.

There will also be YouTube integration as well as new themes for you to customize your dashboard with. You'll also be able to play music files from USB drives -- as well as use USB drives for data backup and restoration.

Also, PlayStation Plus users will be able to install monthly games by simply adding them to your library -- which eliminates the need to install every free game which will absolutely eat away at your HDD space.

There have been a couple of problems reported thus far, as users are having some issues getting their YouTube accounts to work and there are not currently any themes available in the PS Store. We expect both will be taken care of pretty shortly!

What do you think of the new update?

Member Comments
# 1 Valdarez @ 10/28/14 12:17 PM
Glad to see themes back. Console seems so bare when I start it up now. Themes and a little customization go a long way to making it feel like it's 'your' console.

# 2 swishfury @ 10/28/14 12:38 PM
Updated it. Was able to download 1 of 2 themes available. Have not tried YouTube and USB yet.

# 3 bballshawn24 @ 10/28/14 12:42 PM
wait so if i dont own 2k and my friend does he can let me play his?

# 4 cardinalbird5 @ 10/28/14 01:06 PM
Does this work for online head to head? Like could you get someone better than you at a sports title to play on your account while you play online?

# 5 dmankey1 @ 10/28/14 01:31 PM
Please let me know how the music player works. Can you play your own music during gameplay?

# 6 y2j469 @ 10/28/14 02:49 PM
The USB Music player seems to work well in game. Only problem is the music simply plays over the in game music so you'll have to turn off in game music or all songs will play over top of each other.

# 7 highzman28 @ 10/28/14 03:03 PM
After the update I can no longer sign into PSN, has this happen to anyone else??

# 8 Goose26 @ 10/28/14 03:27 PM
I can't sign in to PSN, and I also have no access to either EA's or 2K's servers since the update.

# 9 bcruise @ 10/28/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highzman28
After the update I can no longer sign into PSN, has this happen to anyone else??
PSN is down, that's why you can't get on. Has nothing to do with the update, I was on around noon after installing the update and now I can't sign in either.

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
wait so if i dont own 2k and my friend does he can let me play his?
That's the idea, but we'll have to see how well it works.

# 11 jmaj315 @ 10/30/14 06:24 PM
I enjoyed share play. The only issue I had with it is that it wouldnt let me voice chat with my buddy because "NAT type was different" or something like that....
*shrugs*

I played Destiny from his console with minor lag, but moderate drop in picture quality. He played 2k on my console with minor lag. Didn't ask him about picture quality.

Sidenote: i had to use wifi because my wired is slower than wifi in my dorms. (somehow)

# 12 jeekqing @ 11/20/14 05:39 AM
I very much agree with your point of view, the article is well written, like this one

well ,it is a good post ,i am sue you are a talent

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.