Home
NHL 15 News Post

(This post has been promoted to the homepage for more to see. EA Sports is looking for EASHL experts. Read the post below and submit your application.)

COMMUNITY VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

Please go to this link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZZDT99L

- Please vote only ONCE. It's easy to tell if people are spamming votes, we will delete duplicates.
- Keep in mind, candidates were chosen to have a good mix of players on the committee. Apologies if you were not chosen!
- We will clean up thread so only the candidates in the poll remain visible, that way you can make informed decisions about who you want to represent the community.

Thanks to everyone that participated!

- EA NHL Team

--------------

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, we promised to put together a community driven committee to help with the development of future iterations of the EA NHL franchise. Our goal is to bring the most passionate and knowledgeable community members into the studio to directly influence and shape the development of core game modes, as well as other aspects of the game. This first event will take place in early December.

This NHL Community Committee will eventually work to bring fan feedback directly to many aspects of the game, but the first objective is to help with the development of EA SPORTS Hockey League.

If you are interested in being part of this NHL Community Committee, please post in this thread and answer the following questions and let us know why you should be chosen:

1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?
2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?
3. What makes you the ideal candidate for this committee?

After we have received enough applications, we will put the top candidates into a poll and the community will vote in the top 2 fans from OS onto the committee.

The entire committee will be made up of fans from different EA NHL communities, including the official EA Forums and Operation Sports.

Note: To participate in the committee you must reside in North America and be able to travel to Canada.

Thanks,
EA NHL Team.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Millennium @ 11/27/14 03:50 PM
I believe this was an NHL "Community" vote. Not specifically an OS one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 62 AdamJones113 @ 11/27/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I believe this was an NHL "Community" vote. Not specifically an OS one.

Yep, I know I voted for people from the EA forums as well. However, my (and others) main critique is that OS does not seem to be actually represented, only by name. Two people with one post apiece? I'm sure plenty of people voted for them, youtube people, but I feel they may have been better suited to represent a "youtube" committee (if there is something like that).

No offense to them at all, just voicing my opinion.

# 63 mikeymayhem @ 11/27/14 04:37 PM
this is a easy fix that EA has the chance to correct, instead of going by who has the most votes take a look at the poll and pick the top two guys who are actual active members of the OS boards.
All I want out of this is to have someone from are community represent us, these forums are full of passionate hockey fans who love this game and have been playing it for years so I'm sure anyone of the entries would do a great job just please correct this and make sure it is indeed one of us.
This is like having a a guy from china win presidency it just shouldn't go down this way.

# 64 Millennium @ 11/27/14 05:23 PM
I'll say this again: This wasn't an OS poll, it was a Community poll. We are a SMALL NICHE of the internet, not the majority. The same is true in the sales % of the game.

The sooner everyone accepts that, the easier this will be.

# 65 AdamJones113 @ 11/27/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'll say this again: This wasn't an OS poll, it was a Community poll. We are a SMALL NICHE of the internet, not the majority. The same is true in the sales % of the game.

The sooner everyone accepts that, the easier this will be.

I'm a little confused here, Mil. I stated above that I (and I think others) don't think OS is being represented despite being told that we would be represented. What does our SMALL NICHE have to do with anything if we're told that we'd be represented? That small niche should have a voice, I think—isn't that what OS is all about? I understand that others vote on this, but I think the chosen "OS Representatives" represent a different part of the NHL gaming community. I'd love to see the chosen people go, but I think a lot of minds would rest easy if a regular OS member was given a chance as well.

My thoughts.

# 66 utp102 @ 11/27/14 05:31 PM
Everyone needs to calm down. Oohwayy and I are extremely dedicated to the game mode of EASHL and frankly pretty talented at it. Maybe I don't have a million forum posts but I have been dedicated to this game mode for as long as I can remember. I will do my best to communicate ideas to ea. Maybe instead of bashing us you can give us some ideas that you would like us to convey. Thanks again. UTP

# 67 AdamJones113 @ 11/27/14 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utp102
Everyone needs to calm down. Oohwayy and I are extremely dedicated to the game mode of EASHL and frankly pretty talented at it. Maybe I don't have a million forum posts but I have been dedicated to this game mode for as long as I can remember. I will do my best to communicate ideas to ea. Maybe instead of bashing us you can give us some ideas that you would like us to convey. Thanks again. UTP
Thanks for posting. Glad we can give you input. I think I explained myself and wasn't bashing you, but I'm more than willing to drop it.

I think it would be awesome to be able to develop your own style of goalie. As one myself, I think it would add a lot to the position and induce more people to give it a go.

I'd also love 3-on-3 hockey with a goalie. Unranked of course, just a little rink thing (I think NHL 2k10 had something similar offline?) to have fun when your teammates aren't on and you want to blow off some steam as it were before gearing up for a 6 vs. 6 sim-tailored game.

I'll post more ideas when I think of them. Perhaps you would be so kind to set up a thread for this purpose?

EDIT: "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war?" Seems like it. Ha ha.

# 68 Cletus @ 11/27/14 06:50 PM
I don't want to get into any trouble for this because I've been on this board for a while, love it and I'm not trying to troll. Here is my main problems with the way the guys got voted in. As it was presented to us, there would be representatives from OS and EA forums. That would not mean the whole community would be involved, just those communities. I'm not doubting Ooohway and utp are great players, but they're signed up here and not part of our community. I don't mean any disrespect and I'm in no way bitter at them for how it turned out.

I'm bitter about how this was handled. It seemed like these 2 guys came in and got the vote over people that represent OS very well. We have lots of passionate posters on here and sometimes that passion overspilled into ways and areas it shouldn't have. This is the first year devs have been back on here in a while. I appreciate that, it made me feel like we had a voice.

Then this vote happens and although we don't have a huge EASHL following, we have guys who could shape the game in a positive way. They don't get the vote but instead it's given to two guys who most people here do not know exist. In the voting section it even split the guys into two categories, leading me to believe that the guys would be from OS. I just wish EAC had handled this better. I would rather have no voice at all than dangling this carrot in front of me that people I read and converse with could have an impact on the game I love so much. I'm starting to learn that communication with EAC is non-existent. It's like writing a congressman, they'll say enough to get your vote then not bother listening until they want something else.

Good luck to Ooohway and Utp. I've seen Ooohway's videos and I'd much rather have him from the youtube side of things than others. I don't know much about Utp, but please help them fix the defense.

# 69 mikeymayhem @ 11/27/14 07:45 PM
well Oohwayy and UTP103 you guys are new around this part of the internet I see, I'd like to take this second to congratulate you guys on joining the nhl community team and hope you guys have nothing but success while doing so.
Now I'm going to take a fatherly approach here... think of it as a what are your intentions with my daughter type talk HAHA

So we dont know much about you guys, where did you come from? what do you do? and what are your goals for this series?

Since you guys where voted in as OPERATIONSPORTS nhl community member do you guys have any intentions in sticking around and working with all of us? I think what really upset most people about this is that we seen this as a key moment to actually have are thoughts heard and now we are more or less worried that we don't get that chance now.

Anyways guys the balls in your court and its your time to shine, welcome to OS.

# 70 Oohwayy @ 11/27/14 07:47 PM
I understand where you all are coming from. I would probably be frustrated too. However I urge you to think where we came from too, if you want to put it that way.
*Before I go off on a ramble of thoughts, know that UTP and I aren't forum posters or blog posters or anything special, so this forum post might come off as unprofessional or goofy.

Some of you mentioned us coming from a "YouTube Community". I'm sure if you are the slightest bit familiar with EA Sports NHL YouTube Content, that you know it is 95% dominated by HUT videos - most of them being pack openings.
I think whether we made the vote from the EA Forums site or the OS site, we would have received criticism. As stated before, we simply play the game (a lot) and don't necessarily type about it. Instead, I (and I'm sure I can speak for UTP too) would rather make a video or something to express my thoughts/opinions/ideas. We both posted our application answers to each of the forums, and if we had made it from the EA Forum side those dedicated forum posters would probably be upset with us too (for good reason).
Furthermore, I highly doubt that EA chose us to be a part of the vote because of our YouTube reputations (Side note, UTP and I don't even have the greatest rep anyways lol). If EA was choosing based off subscriber count, they would have looked at bigger YouTubers applying to this, such as TargetAudience18 or TacTixHD, both at about 15K and 21K subscribers respectively. UTP and I currently sit at 4K and 2.5K, most of which are "dead" subscribers because we are not the most active YouTubers either (mainly because no EASHL on next-gen).

I personally believe that I am one of the better dmen in the game and that UTP is also an exceptional winger. We both have played our fair share of games and have generated our own ideas/thoughts as to how it can be improved.

From reading your forum posts, I know you all are irritated with EA Sports just like how I think we've all been for a long time. I figured I should apply to both forums for twice the chance to be picked, as any reasonable person would probably do. Hopefully you guys can understand where we're coming from (although I probably wasn't very clear anyways) and we'll try to understand where you guys are coming from!
If we combine the ideas from OS that you have, as well as our own personal ideas with your YouTube subscribers' ideas along with leaguegaming 's LGHL 6v6 league I'm a part of, I'm sure we can generate some great things for EA to consider for the future of EASHL.

Not really sure what I'm trying to say here to be honest with you all.
For future purposes, it is best to contact me on twitter @ TheOohwayy as I'll get a notification right away on my phone. I'll try to come on the OS forums more often too!
-Oohwayy

# 71 Cletus @ 11/27/14 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
I understand where you all are coming from. I would probably be frustrated too. However I urge you to think where we came from too, if you want to put it that way.
*Before I go off on a ramble of thoughts, know that UTP and I aren't forum posters or blog posters or anything special, so this forum post might come off as unprofessional or goofy.

Some of you mentioned us coming from a "YouTube Community". I'm sure if you are the slightest bit familiar with EA Sports NHL YouTube Content, that you know it is 95% dominated by HUT videos - most of them being pack openings.
I think whether we made the vote from the EA Forums site or the OS site, we would have received criticism. As stated before, we simply play the game (a lot) and don't necessarily type about it. Instead, I (and I'm sure I can speak for UTP too) would rather make a video or something to express my thoughts/opinions/ideas. We both posted our application answers to each of the forums, and if we had made it from the EA Forum side those dedicated forum posters would probably be upset with us too (for good reason).
Furthermore, I highly doubt that EA chose us to be a part of the vote because of our YouTube reputations (Side note, UTP and I don't even have the greatest rep anyways lol). If EA was choosing based off subscriber count, they would have looked at bigger YouTubers applying to this, such as TargetAudience18 or TacTixHD, both at about 15K and 21K subscribers respectively. UTP and I currently sit at 4K and 2.5K, most of which are "dead" subscribers because we are not the most active YouTubers either (mainly because no EASHL on next-gen).

I personally believe that I am one of the better dmen in the game and that UTP is also an exceptional winger. We both have played our fair share of games and have generated our own ideas/thoughts as to how it can be improved.

From reading your forum posts, I know you all are irritated with EA Sports just like how I think we've all been for a long time. I figured I should apply to both forums for twice the chance to be picked, as any reasonable person would probably do. Hopefully you guys can understand where we're coming from (although I probably wasn't very clear anyways) and we'll try to understand where you guys are coming from!
If we combine the ideas from OS that you have, as well as our own personal ideas with your YouTube subscribers' ideas along with leaguegaming 's LGHL 6v6 league I'm a part of, I'm sure we can generate some great things for EA to consider for the future of EASHL.

For future purposes, it is best to contact me on twitter @ TheOohwayy as I'll get a notification right away on my phone. I'll try to come on the OS forums more often too!
-Oohwayy
Welcome to OS and please stick around. Most of the guys that are in the NHL forum here have been for years. It's a group that is rather familiar with each other. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job.

# 72 utp102 @ 11/27/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy

-Oohwayy
Good post brother

# 73 emericaridr11 @ 11/29/14 01:31 PM
I dont care how nice and well spoken you guys are......
its hogwash (I dont mean to sound mad rude)

but having said that.... PLEASE work with some of the true OS members, since you will be representing Operation Sports.

CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK YALLS!!

# 74 THESHAMISASHAME @ 11/29/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utp102
First Congrats you Won fair and square and Im very proud your representing us at OS as a unbiased voice and sorry about the many whiners who cry foul without any facts as that happens alot here at times , so once again thanks and Good Luck I know youll do us proud

# 75 Cycloniac @ 11/29/14 07:29 PM
Congratulations to the two winners, from a veteran OS member.

I won't comment on the results of the vote as I feel that has already been addressed enough. I'll just say that I'm relieved that EA (seems) to want to make a more concerted effort to work directly with the NHL community, and I'm happy that OS is on board.

Best of luck to the winners. Make the community proud, and steer this ship in the right direction. We're rooting for you.

# 76 drog1602 @ 11/30/14 09:19 PM
Its not so much whom was chosen, but more important...will EA "LISTEN" to their suggestions and implement them. I don't care for another EA trick, smoke and mirrors.

We the community want change to the EASHL. This is your last chance to redeem yourself EA.

Good luck to those that have been chosen.

Drog

# 77 utp102 @ 12/01/14 07:08 PM
Hey guys just checking in again. I am trying to come on OS more often but if you would like to tell me some ideas you have, tell me to check out a certain post, just talk to me in general whatever, feel free to tweet me @utp102 where I can communicate with whoever ASAP. Thanks again!

# 78 boxers @ 12/01/14 08:27 PM
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL

After we have received enough applications, we will put the top candidates into a poll and the community will vote in the top 2 fans from OS onto the committee.

The entire committee will be made up of fans from different EA NHL communities, including the official EA Forums and Operation Sports.

Note: To participate in the committee you must reside in North America and be able to travel to Canada.

Thanks,
EA NHL Team.
Sorry guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but I think utp is missing the point. I personally have nothing against him, I'm sure he's qualified and will do a great job -- in fact, since I don't play EASHL, I have no horse in this race . BUT, what is the point of saying we will vote in the "top 2 fans from OS" if that isn't what is going to happen.

The point is that this vote was supposed to be an effort to have the OS community represented and I presume voting occurred through other websites to have their members added to the committee). Ultimately, what happened is 2 guys got voted who apparently had a combined total of 3 posts and registered the very same month this poll took place.

Maybe I don't understand how the voting process. Here is what I thought was supposed to happen:

step1: OS members nominate other OS members
step 2: EA selects the best nominees and asks OS members to vote
step 3: OS members vote for their chose nominees

Is that what happened? Because no one on OS seems to know either of the 2 winners, so I'm having hard time understanding what just happened. Couldn't this all have been avoided by running the vote through the OS forum since you have to be registered?

Anyways, I apologize for re-opening old wounds but I just feel the whole "we're EASHL players, guys, trust us" response seemed to miss the point of people's complaints. No one is saying utp and the other fellow are not going to do their jobs well and no one is jealous that they were chosen. In my case, I'm just taken aback by the EA's lack of communication and clarity. If you're really trying to make amends with the community, you would think the least they could do is make an effort to be transparent on something that should have been very simple.

# 79 actionhank @ 12/02/14 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
First Congrats you Won fair and square and Im very proud your representing us at OS as a unbiased voice and sorry about the many whiners who cry foul without any facts as that happens alot here at times , so once again thanks and Good Luck I know youll do us proud
No need to call people whiners. I think it's fair to be a little unhappy that people from OS seem to have been mislead.

Everyone was under the impression that people who were actively part of the OS Community on a regular basis, and posted here often would be given a spot as well as posters from EA. It's not that anyone dislikes the people who are representing OS, it's that frankly, no one knows who they are, and i don't think it's a stretch to guess that they don't know a lot about OS. This place is pretty unique in it's view and expectations of the series, so to want people who are from the community to represent it shouldn't make anyone a "whiner".

# 80 Cycloniac @ 12/02/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
No need to call people whiners. I think it's fair to be a little unhappy that people from OS seem to have been mislead.

Everyone was under the impression that people who were actively part of the OS Community on a regular basis, and posted here often would be given a spot as well as posters from EA. It's not that anyone dislikes the people who are representing OS, it's that frankly, no one knows who they are, and i don't think it's a stretch to guess that they don't know a lot about OS. This place is pretty unique in it's view and expectations of the series, so to want people who are from the community to represent it shouldn't make anyone a "whiner".
Seconded.

I definitely think everyone has a strong case to be upset with how this played out. What was promised did not happen. Simple as that. Sure, everybody hopes the winners represent the NHL community well, but that's not the point anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.