Home
NHL 15 News Post

(This post has been promoted to the homepage for more to see. EA Sports is looking for EASHL experts. Read the post below and submit your application.)

COMMUNITY VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

Please go to this link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZZDT99L

- Please vote only ONCE. It's easy to tell if people are spamming votes, we will delete duplicates.
- Keep in mind, candidates were chosen to have a good mix of players on the committee. Apologies if you were not chosen!
- We will clean up thread so only the candidates in the poll remain visible, that way you can make informed decisions about who you want to represent the community.

Thanks to everyone that participated!

- EA NHL Team

--------------

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, we promised to put together a community driven committee to help with the development of future iterations of the EA NHL franchise. Our goal is to bring the most passionate and knowledgeable community members into the studio to directly influence and shape the development of core game modes, as well as other aspects of the game. This first event will take place in early December.

This NHL Community Committee will eventually work to bring fan feedback directly to many aspects of the game, but the first objective is to help with the development of EA SPORTS Hockey League.

If you are interested in being part of this NHL Community Committee, please post in this thread and answer the following questions and let us know why you should be chosen:

1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?
2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?
3. What makes you the ideal candidate for this committee?

After we have received enough applications, we will put the top candidates into a poll and the community will vote in the top 2 fans from OS onto the committee.

The entire committee will be made up of fans from different EA NHL communities, including the official EA Forums and Operation Sports.

Note: To participate in the committee you must reside in North America and be able to travel to Canada.

Thanks,
EA NHL Team.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 JRebelious @ 03/12/15 05:24 PM
I heard this is to what we'd like to see change in nhl 16 now theres a couple things maybe have some similar features like opening presentations with the announcers like you did in nhl 15 for the xbox one/ps4 but have the similar features for the xbox 360 also maybe up the create a player make it more interactive, and if your going to have ray ferraro down near the ice doing reports actually show him thanks bunch.
xbox 360 user

# 102 JimmyDeicide @ 03/13/15 11:53 AM
How many of these game changer guys actually play defense? Will any defensive play be addressed in 16 or is it going to be hit or nothing again?
The puck needs to be really lose after its touched not continue the way of the guy with higher attributes. That is for both online and off and also the player changing needs to be looked at i don't think i can take another year of it the way it is. Can we please just get a switch to the closest to the puck or even a modifier and face buttons to match each position like we used to have in other games.
There are some truly brilliant things happening in 15 next gen but I'm always too frustrated to enjoy them

# 103 bigwill33 @ 04/24/15 02:19 PM
When can we expect to hear from our elected members again?

# 104 AdamJones113 @ 04/27/15 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
When can we expect to hear from our elected members again?
I have no clue, and as someone actually from this site who probably had the most knowledge (via Twitter) of the program, that's a bad thing to say.

I expect they'll be back around E3, when EA gives the go ahead to start down the hype train. I hope I'll hear more on twitter. I'll keep everyone posted, but there hasn't been much to be posted about.

By the way (don't remember if I posted this or not), here's the February 3rd recap video from YewyBearGaming, a committee member.

# 105 AdamJones113 @ 04/27/15 06:38 AM
Just to further our information and accessibility vis a vis the community:

9 people:
1. Flopfish (@TheFlopFish)—EASHL/Twitch
2. YewyBearGaming (@YewyBearGaming)—Youtube
3. NugeTV (@NugeTV)—EASHL/Twitch
4. Oohwayy (@TheJohnnyOohwayy)—EASHL/Youtube
5. UTP (@UTPKyle)—EASHL/Youtube
6. B-Bunny—EAForums Moderator
7. ThatPope—EAForums/Twitch
8. The Clapperton (@TheClapperton)—Youtube
9. Koden (@KodenCurial)—EAForums

EDIT: Found a video from the Clapperton about the event:

# 106 AdamJones113 @ 04/29/15 06:37 AM
Based on what I'm picking up from Twitter, another meeting in Vancouver is happening, starting today.

EDIT: From B-Bunny and ThatPope on the EA Forums, the main purpose is to BETA-test the game.

# 107 bigwill33 @ 04/29/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Based on what I'm picking up from Twitter, another meeting in Vancouver is happening, starting today.

EDIT: From B-Bunny and ThatPope on the EA Forums, the main purpose is to BETA-test the game.
Thank you for being our community leader to the community leaders that are community leaders with EA, AJ113.

# 108 AdamJones113 @ 04/29/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Thank you for being our community leader to the community leaders that are community leaders with EA, AJ113.
Haha, figure I should keep people updated with whatever stuff I can find. There's only so much EA Forums I can stomach though, lol.

# 109 bigwill33 @ 04/29/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Haha, figure I should keep people updated with whatever stuff I can find. There's only so much EA Forums I can stomach though, lol.
You're a better man than I.

# 110 AdamJones113 @ 04/29/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
You're a better man than I.
Perhaps more patient.

Anyways, I'm moving all my findings to the NHL 16 Early News thread. I figure that this one was more devoted to deciding on the community members (and then disagreeing with the choices).

Sigh. I wish there were a gameplay committee.

# 111 Money99 @ 05/03/15 03:31 PM
Send me because I have three kids and need a free vacation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.