Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

While NBA Live 15 has shown some positive progress this year, one area the game hasn't seemed to progress is in its roster updates. As of this writing on Wednesday morning, a roster update has not arrived for NBA Live 15 to update what is already a dynamically changing NBA Season with several big name players out of action.

Last year, NBA Live 14 barely updated its rosters, with huge chunks of time passing between updates. This was in the face of several promises that rosters would be adequately maintained throughout the season. This year seems to already be following that same path at the moment, but it's possible the trend could be reversed as the NBA season continues to heat up.

On top of that, there are mysterious updates to player tendencies via Synergy Sports. Some players who haven't played a minute of a game this year, such as Steve Nash, are receiving tendency updates which are supposed to come from real NBA game data. It is possible Nash's data simply got an update thanks to a recalculation of some past tendencies, but the lack of transparency on how and why players are updated via Synergy Sports definitely adds to the confusion with the feature.

Since we can't update the rosters on our own, this is a big deal. If and when we receive any news on anything NBA Live 15 rosters related, we'll be sure to pass it on.

Update (4 p.m.): It appears a roster update for NBA Live 15 finally dropped this afternoon. We'll have details in a separate post when we get them.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tomba @ 11/05/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Getting JJB back was awesome for our bench.

even though I Love and Hate that 3-PG lineup this year...It has played a major role defensively in some of these blown leads but those penetrating guards (Ellis, Harris and JJB) have been terrific setting up our big's for easy buckets in the paint.

Feels good to have two big's (TC and BW)who can both make you pay off the PNR now...
that and parsons playing great

# 22 Playmakers @ 11/05/14 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
that and parsons playing great
Hopefully he can keep it up...

Got to see how he plays vs better defensive teams before I go all in on the Parsons hype train LOL!

But so far so good he's proven to be a versatile offensive player.

# 23 mlbtheshowfan7 @ 11/06/14 03:25 PM
So glad I didn't think about picking up live as well. Taking this long for one roster update is pathetic when 2K is putting out detailed ones everyday.

# 24 loosey101 @ 11/06/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Agreed but 2k is overboard......I used to be all about 2k but this year's version of live is actually really fun and I haven't played 2k since it came out

I don't agree, how can daily roster updates be overboard? I want certain things to be correct in a video game and rosters are one of them. It's actually amazing that they are able to do that everyday.

# 25 loosey101 @ 11/06/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
For me they are because I am a franchise/dynasty player and at some point u have to use a roster and start so the daily changes become useless for me

True, that's understandable.

# 26 King_B_Mack @ 11/06/14 11:38 PM
Quote:
For me they are because I am a franchise/dynasty player and at some point u have to use a roster and start so the daily changes become useless for me
This makes no sense to me. So because you have to use a roster at some point to get started with a franchise that makes daily roster updates overboard? If that's the case you may as well only need one day one roster update and then go because at some point you have to just use a roster to start and unless you're waiting until June for the last roster update of the season, there's going to be more than one more update coming at some point. So just pick a roster that touches on the things you need most out of the daily ones and keep it moving. Not everybody is a franchise user and plays quick games, so daily roster updates fits perfectly. I can't see under any circumstance how daily updates are somehow overboard.

# 27 TarHeelPhenom @ 11/07/14 11:24 AM
I think it's great that rosters get updated daily. With that being said...my hope is that there will be balance. What I mean is not jumping the gun too quickly on adjusting a players ratings based on one game. A guy could indeed play out of his mind one night and then come back down to earth the next. I trust that the guy doing the updates(from the OS Community) has it under control.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.