Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA sat down with Ryan Santos, one of the biggest sneaker heads in the business, to talk about the process behind the sneakers in NBA Live 15 and much more.

How long does it take to replicate a basketball sneaker in NBA LIVE? Tell us about the full process, from start to finish, concept to completion.

The process starts with us working closely with the footwear brands like Nike, Jordan and adidas to gain access to the shoes before they release. Sometimes we’ll do the scans at their campus or we’ll have shoes sent to us for scanning in-house. We scan the shoes with cameras and run the images through our pipeline to generate highly-detailed 3D models and textures. From there, a number of people work together to make the shoe appear in game, look as real as possible and put them on the correct players. It takes an artist a few days to complete a shoe from scratch.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 skinnybonez @ 11/11/14 06:30 PM
most of new shoes(jordans,kobes) created for this yr are wasted, only see few players with them on or should i say the raptor players...

# 2 ccoaxum @ 11/11/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
most of new shoes(jordans,kobes) created for this yr are wasted, only see few players with them on or should i say the raptor players...
not if you want options for you created player

# 3 @marcusjiles @ 11/11/14 07:42 PM
The shoes that were used to show off the game looked fan-freaking-tastic. I still prefer 2K because it's offers more even with the plethora of nonsensical outdated shoes. Watched a vid on Youtube that goes through all the shoes and some of the shoes, especially Nike's from 2012 looked bad. But the shoes they worked on are home runs.

# 4 syncinatti @ 11/11/14 09:24 PM
This is the next guy 2k needs to hire

# 5 bigeastbumrush @ 11/12/14 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
SMH.

So we can all revert back to 2011 again, right?

# 6 Goffs @ 11/12/14 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
I'd rather have the sound engineers tbh...

# 7 RyanJS08 @ 11/12/14 07:30 PM
Haven't played live since probably '08. But the shoes in this year's game really do look awesome, but having the ability to customize and edit in 2K blows Live out of the water in that department.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.