Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

If you want to help improve the NBA Live 15 experience, this is a very unique way to possibly help the game improve this year.

WTF is a long-time member of our site and also an EA Sports Game Changer, so he has a voice with the developers and constructive feedback will only help the experience in NBA Live 15 improve. Read his message and leave your own constructive feedback in the comments!

Quote:
"Alright guys, the games been out nearly 2 weeks now, and I know that a lot of you have either picked up the game or have at least tried the demo. For that alone, thank you all.

With that out of the way, I want/need your feedback. I love seeing all of the old timers coming over and finding an enjoyable experience with Live 15, and really seeing the path that the Live team is on. I truly believe in the team, and I know that they have a vision in mind.

I want to know, specifically for THIS YEAR'S RELEASE (Live 15), what would make your experience more enjoyable? Whether it be Sliders, Roster Editing, Online Team Play, etc...

If you have more than 1 item that would make your Live 15 experience better, RANK them in order. I don't want this to turn into a negative feedback thread. If it is, I'll report you and we'll move on.

In order to be your voice with EA, I need to specifically see what's important for our community. This isn't to say that any of it can be implemented this year, but I do want to see where everything ranks for you all.

With all of that out of the way, let's get the feedback flowing. Again, not an impressions thread, or a bash thread. Let me know what's important to you all.

"

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Shadojoker @ 11/17/14 06:42 PM
roster editing
increase late game intelligence & strategies
continue to emphasize on collision physics & detection (good start in right direction)
add more classic jerseys

# 42 killer miller31 @ 11/17/14 06:42 PM
I would love.
1 online team play.
2 sliders.
3 tournaments in LUT.
4 single player seasons in LUT.

# 43 jordankobewade7 @ 11/17/14 06:47 PM
i think as a whole the best way to go is full customization everywhere, with everything. looking at what 2k did with myleague is a great example. with a philosophy like this in place, you give the user the ability to fill in the gaps for what you didnt include. like the ability to create your own players, coaches, teams, customizing the league to our liking with things like moving teams around. yea we dont have the sonics around anymore or the vancouver grizzlies. but what if you simply gave us the tools to create this to our liking and said go play. I think instead of trying so hard to create the next big feature itd be really cool to give the user a pile of legos and say go. the community would go bonkers.

that is the fastest path to making up the ground on the competition beyond fine tuning the gameplay and continuing to add more depth as far as animations, signature styles and so forth. I have always loved live as a franchise and i have the now that the tables have turned, i think we just need some healthy competition. ball is life.

# 44 Rob. D @ 11/17/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
1. More signature If possible
2. Team play please! Online gives the highest replay ability for my friends and I
I'm an online guy so I need OTP Online Team Play, it would really drive sales.

Outside of that

1. Fix automatic shots in the paint. There are shots that go in no matter who takes them, seems that they are animation specific. If they want video I cant get it

2. Get rid of the Out Of Bounds Force field

3. Fix the shot releases online. They are too fast.

4. Sometimes the scoreboard disappears online.

5. Ultimate Team Play vs a friend

6. The ability to save coaching settings per team online.

# 45 Tonyattia @ 11/17/14 07:40 PM
1. Patch in the ability to make a dynasty with no injuries on the roster
2. Full customization.
-Player create a player outside of rising star, edit jersey numbers, accessories, ratings, tendencies, and signature animations)
-teams: (edit rotations, add or remove plays from other playbooks,)
-be able to save rosters locally and have something like madden share.
-Be able to use customs rosters for dynasty and rising star
3. Sliders from live 10
4. Gameplay:

postgame needs over haul in animations. Needs way more variety in jump hooks, fadeaways, step backs, hop steps, dropsteps, spins, and shimmys.
-They need to think of a way to be able to go from a shimmy to a shot faster because you need your right thumb to shimmy an to shoot. I think make L2 a shot modifier in the post with it held and combos of left stick movement for the moves so you have the other hand free for shooting.

Bring back manual bounce pass, lob pass, bank shot, and floaters.

Off/on ball defense:
-Be able to manually intercept passes with the steal button if you play gassing lanes correctly.
-Also be able to manually deny the post and fight for position like you can in 2k.
-Be able to deny the perimeter with right stick. Be
-able to crowd a person with he ball before they have start dribbling or if they pick up their dribble
- be able to manually shade so you can actually use the force direction adjustments.
- when someone throws a lead pass down the court and the receiver is in a defenders path their needs to be contact catch animations, and not just move the defender out of the way. Same for hitting the roll man on a pick and roll if the rotation is there.

Gathers: when doing a euro step, hopstep, or spin layup, all you have to do is press its corresponding button and it does the father AND the shot. It should only do the gather so if you want to pump fake you can just not press the shoot button. If you want to finish it you should have to press the shot button.

Frethrow and jumpshot perfect releases should be harder to get the lower your rating is

Animation:
-More signature/ just variety of animations (jumpshots, free throws, fadeaways, base dribble moves, post fades and hooks, dribble pull-ups, ways people run with the ball, step backs ect.

Playcalling:
-player specific playcalling and have an auto play call feature that will call plays. Maybe have te ability to set a preference on who you want majority of plays called for

A.i:
-Late game A.i ( when to foul vs play the possession out, who should have the ball for last shot as what type of shot they should take based on score)
- in general the doesn't seem to get players the ball in their best spots or give their best player the ball enough

- Paint defense:
-more contact layup animations in the paint
- everyone should not be able to block your shot. With lower ratings they should have worse ball tracking and should be more foul prone.

5. Modes:
-Dynasty: online dynasty like connected careers.
-be alike to set prices for tickets,merchandise ect
- be able to hire and fire staff
- deeper scouting
- improve sim engine
- more team specific goals like play a certain player a certain number o minutes or pickup a shooter with an 80 plus 3pt shot.

Ultimate team:
-be able to but contracts from he store
- trade block
- sets
- head to head seasons
- edit your rotations
- edit your team colors for accessories
- past versions of current players like Finals mvp wade.

Online team play:
- be able to make a squad with friends
-full games, 1 on 1, and 3 on 3

Live season:
- If you can get full old school teams have challenges from past events
- for gw shots, input the actual play drawn up from the real game into the game and have us run it.
- crazy celebrations after gw shot from crowd, announcers and players.

Add a street ball mode (wish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 46 RipCityAndy @ 11/17/14 07:42 PM
Let me start off with this: I have a ton of fun with this game. However, these are the things that I think should be improved:

1) The post game isn't very deep. In fact, I don't use it at all because it doesn't offer a strategic advantage where it should.
2) Players aren't very intelligent while running plays. They get stuck on screens, for example. It makes play running tedious and it doesn't usually end up with an offensive advantage.
3) It feels like there are some hidden "abilities" with some players. For example, it feels like Tony Parker and Lance Stephenson are exceptional at finishing at the basket even when compared to other guards. Is there some hidden perk equipped to these players? If so, you should let the users know about these.
4) The jumpshot animations are generally good but some look like they defy physics. Same with dunks.
5) The aly-oop animation of an off-balance layup/tip-in is weird and happens too frequently. It's not a bad animation per se, but when it happens 50% of the time you throw an ally-oop it is definitely jarring.
6) More varied rewards for Ultimate Team challenges. The coin packs are good, but it needs to be varied. Perhaps special player cards?
7) Lastly, (and it goes without saying) the late game/clock AI is very bad.

# 47 nick_sr @ 11/17/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This basically confirms my suspicion there are lots of guys who have held out on purchasing the game this year simply because of the lack of editing options or gameplay options allowed this year.

Just from the size of this thread in only few hours you can clearly see how many guys would be on board with this years game if some of those things were updated into the game.

I think there are great deal of us who would tweak this game to play better on our own free time if we were given the proper tools like in Madden, NHL or FIFA.

Hopefully this is something EA can pull off
Was just about to post this exact thing!!!!

They knew what ppl wanted and didn't deliver

# 48 Tonyattia @ 11/17/14 08:21 PM
More team strategies(leak out in transition or crash defensive glass, pack paint or play perimeter) and have it affect how hard a.i closes out.

rising star:
-more customization of player(face scan, skin tones,beard, mustache, signature animations, face presets should be scanned people,if there isn't face scan then be able to edit facial features like live 10)
-be able to choose what role you want to have (6th man doesn't seem like it's possible)
- more game specific goals,(have coach switch you into teams best player if you are a good defender and Gil him to certain stats, reduce deficits, get to the line ect)
-input synergy into rising star
- have a training camp where they teach the team specific defense and rotations and get points deducted for messing up
- pass leading to assist, pass leading to foul, tipped pass, clutch shots need to be added to point system.
- be able to retire and go to hall of fame
-be able to play in fiba if you add that to the game

Scan the Pelicans, Gordon Hayward, Rudy gay, Kobe, ect

Dynasty:
- trade future draft picks
-trade exceptions
-bird rights
-full Cba

Fiba and Fantasy team mode from live 10

In game injuries

Signature Layup packages and dunk packages. Also big men layup packages because I'm tired of enes kanter driving the lane like Westbrook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 49 Ms88420 @ 11/17/14 09:04 PM
1. More realistic shot release. improved post game. player movement responsiveness. floorspacing.
2. classic teams... all teams who have won a title in the past 30 years. also classic Arena's & courts
3.NBA street mode. expand on 2ks park but an NBA Street version.
4. Better practice gym bring back 09 facility. pracitice games like Horse/ knockout/ 3point shootout practice.
5. All star weekend/Dunk contest.
6 online ranked team up.

# 50 XavierG20 @ 11/17/14 09:15 PM
I think everyone would like to see more jerseys be implemented in NBA Live 15. That can be done this year. For example, the Cavaliers alternate blue jerseys they wore opening night I believe against the Knicks. Also the X-Mas jerseys can be implemented also.

# 51 The 504 Boy @ 11/17/14 09:16 PM
1. More variation of crossover moves while in moving. BounceTek feels great at a stand still and looks great too but I find it nearly impossible to break ankles while already moving with a player. Still feels unresponsive and laggy.
2. More crossover animations in general.
3. Smoother spin around animation transition from post up position to drive.
4. Post play still needs work. Feels robotic entering and transitioning from the post position.
5. As much as I love to dominated the game via the steal….they occur way to often and I win games by 30-40 point spreads on the SUPERSTAR level sometimes because of it . Steals need to be toned down. There needs to be more animations for steals when they do occur and CPU AI needs to do a better job of protecting the ball.
6. “The other game” has LeBron’s turn around jumper that can be activated by hitting the shoot button twice….(tap then hold). This move is brilliant! Can this be implemented into Live 15?
7. Camera changes during gameplay without having to pause (like Madden)
8. Substitutions while ball is in motion (without having to pause the game)using the d-pad
9. Speed threshold between ball handler and defenders need to be greater on fast breaks. Sometimes players with the ball get gunned down by slower players on the fast break. This shouldn’t happen. Make the sprint button more effective on breaks.
10. Please please add more dunking animations to the game if possible this year. I have played the crap out of this game over the last two weeks and I think I have seen just about every dunk animation already .
11. Can we add an aggressive defense button to help body up ball handlers with a risk-reward system that can increase the chance of a steal or a foul depending on the situation.
12. Tip off really bothers me…..the ball is tipped the same way every time! So annoying and unrealistic. Please fix.
13. Probably a Live 16 thing but a presentation overhaul would be nice. Would love to see varying presentation styles and game intros from game to game. A flyover of the arena or city landmark or fans entering the arena or players getting off the bus before tip off.

# 52 nick_sr @ 11/17/14 09:57 PM
really excited about this thread!!!

hopefully things get implemented this year!!!

would give my ideas but everything i want has already been noted

i suspect some ideas will get done for all star weekend

# 53 TheArabKobe @ 11/17/14 10:19 PM
Please Bring back Adidas Live Run! Please! Everyone get this message out to him! I loved it! Please bring it back!

# 54 dal_hawk @ 11/17/14 11:13 PM
1. Ball physics seemed way off.
Bounced off rim awkwardly. The speed it moved through shots and passes seemed off

2. Decided whether it's about complete realism or first priority be whether the game is fun. And for both of these, just don't rely on how the games play player vs. player, but ensure the A.I. can carry this priority in gameplay as well for user vs. cpu, or non-user controlled players.

3. Look at 2k's weaknesses and make them your strength. Probably be smart to develop a game for a niche market.

# 55 WTF @ 11/17/14 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

List them out nick, doesn't matter if they've been listed already. I need to see a tally of what's most important to you guys right now.

Thanks again guys, keep it coming.

# 56 zmoney117 @ 11/17/14 11:35 PM
1. sliders
2. roster editing- (ratings, teams, accessories)
3. jump shot timing. they're way too quick right now
4. fastbreaks have too many players bunching up together. not realistic. needs more break away fastbreaks

# 57 TheBadazz @ 11/17/14 11:38 PM
Shot timing (too quick)
Dribble moves screen relative
Work on animation transitions
Sliders [please!!

# 58 tedus @ 11/18/14 12:16 AM
1. full customize roster : rating, shot animation, accessory, playing time, dunk...
2. implement real time physics to everywhere
3. slider
4. revamp the all dynasty mode (this mode was unchanged since live 08, but keep the simulation interface and bring back the in team practice or called NBA Academy in live 09 )
5. more animation for shooting: tear shot, turnaround shot, momentum shot, signature shot...
6. bring back the live 10 team play book
7. add more post move animation
8. more control for dunking (normal, flash or power), shooting (fade right or left), and layup (go right or left layup)
9. add more ESPN presentation: court side report, introduce the player before tip-off... (the half time report & post game report are getting boring)
10. game face
11. revamp the career mode like FIFA
12. online team play

# 59 Playmakers @ 11/18/14 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

yeah they got guys coming out of the wood work to post in this thread LOL!

Some of the names I've never even seen before so that tells me this game would have sold pretty good if the options were already there at release.

Thread has a lot of really good feedback and ideas....not sure exactly what the plan is but if some of these things do get added I can see these forums becoming very active again and soon.

# 60 zmoney117 @ 11/18/14 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Shot timing (too quick)
Dribble moves screen relative
Work on animation transitions
Sliders [please!!
I agree about the dribbling controls being relative to where your player is like the other game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.