Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

If you want to help improve the NBA Live 15 experience, this is a very unique way to possibly help the game improve this year.

WTF is a long-time member of our site and also an EA Sports Game Changer, so he has a voice with the developers and constructive feedback will only help the experience in NBA Live 15 improve. Read his message and leave your own constructive feedback in the comments!

Quote:
"Alright guys, the games been out nearly 2 weeks now, and I know that a lot of you have either picked up the game or have at least tried the demo. For that alone, thank you all.

With that out of the way, I want/need your feedback. I love seeing all of the old timers coming over and finding an enjoyable experience with Live 15, and really seeing the path that the Live team is on. I truly believe in the team, and I know that they have a vision in mind.

I want to know, specifically for THIS YEAR'S RELEASE (Live 15), what would make your experience more enjoyable? Whether it be Sliders, Roster Editing, Online Team Play, etc...

If you have more than 1 item that would make your Live 15 experience better, RANK them in order. I don't want this to turn into a negative feedback thread. If it is, I'll report you and we'll move on.

In order to be your voice with EA, I need to specifically see what's important for our community. This isn't to say that any of it can be implemented this year, but I do want to see where everything ranks for you all.

With all of that out of the way, let's get the feedback flowing. Again, not an impressions thread, or a bash thread. Let me know what's important to you all.

"

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 fhs2 @ 11/22/14 06:41 AM
Please, tune up the assists numbers. I noted it's pretty hard one game to have more than 15 assists PER TEAM! The game only record a basket assist if the shot is made right after the pass, without any dribble, etc. This makes the game have too low assists numbers ovrl.

# 102 lild20 @ 11/22/14 02:27 PM
Use the reply camera angles as actual camera settings... So simple that's all you need to help camera angles please ea needs to do that

# 103 casey_horton @ 11/23/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercilus
It's not stealing the competition's idea but I need in depth stories & cutscenes. It's a big deal for me because I'm accustomed to playing games with stories upon stories & some cutscenes tying into the stories. I really dislike all the barebones of the rising star mode & honestly it gets boring quickly. Maybe somewhere along the lines of the old wwe games or even the old Madden games with the radio in franchise & the newspaper of all teams. I like to live the life of an NBA superstar because I'll never get to experience that myself.

One last thing, and this is just me, the longer it takes to create my player the better. I'm of the mindset that a ton of options to create my baller is better because that time & effort is well worth it. I mean no one wants to look like the same baller when playing online. That's just what I wish for & if voices are implemented, give us a few voices & a pitch slider. Not too much for that one.

Thanks for this.
I am going to have to agree with Mercilus on this one...certainly the Live team won't be able to implement such things as cutscenes into this years installment, but adding such things as storylines with screenshots rather than just a little blurb will add to the depth in dynasty mode. Similarly press conferences asking you to speak like FIFA style even would be nice. I like the email system that you receive from players and directors in FIFA that really give you a feel for your team. Another thing I'd like to see is player intros in the beginning of games, whether its Duncan gripping the ball or KG under the net, it really sets you up before a big game. Additionally I'd like the control of hiring or firing your coaching staff, medical staff etc. If I want to change teams a la J-Kidd, I should have that option to keep me going fresh. Lastly and I think most importantly for everyone is player editing.

I'd like to comment more but those are what I believe deserve the talking points.

# 104 Traceur @ 11/23/14 11:26 PM
Honestly, Live 15 looks, plays and feels LAST GEN. If EA decided to charge $30 for this game then not many people, myself included, would probably care that much because it's somewhat a fun arcade-style NBA game. But to charge $60 for a beta/incomplete/rushed game is absurd.

EA needs to blow it up again and start from scratch with a completely new dev team. Also I appreciate these EA "Game changers" trying to hype this game and give the appearance that it's way better than the actual product, party due to them getting free advanced copies from EA, but let's start being objective and unbiased here. All of this "sugar-coating" is unnecessary and becoming pretty evident.

# 105 Calvenn @ 11/24/14 11:40 AM
To add to my initial response we need the ability to edit this games BADLY! Place this at the top of the list! It would be best if the community addressed various stats etc so EA can dedicate their resources to other areas beyond our control. Yesterday for example, Kevin Martin hit 9 3 pointers and 6 in a row during a 24 minute game! Keep in mind that I was able to accomplish this while the coaching defense setting were globally (all players within a team) set to Tight on ball pressure and normal off ball pressure on Superstar level! I'm sure it could have been worse but had to restrain myself a bit. This is clearly an issue amongst many! This kills fg% stats as you can imagine since we're striving for realism here. It also doesn't allow the cpu to offer much of a challenge. I do believe we can correct these and other shortcomings as a community!

I say EA should address as much as they can with a patch to improve the game and give us editing capabilities to truly round it out! I will say again that there is untapped potential here, this year! In my opinion, EA can focus on sliders, etc next year. I hope this is viewed favorably!

# 106 Hixalot @ 11/26/14 10:50 PM
I would love to see it be easier to play off ball passing lane defense. Cosmetic edits, and maybe full editing on rookies, I'm probably rare in my opinion but I hate sliders and full rating customization. Add more difficulty levels for those that need them. How can you tune the gameplay if everyone is working with a different set up?

A lot of sports games, including the other NBA title go overboard and over complicate the game, so much so that it's not fun. I don't want to have a million things to tweak, or a million different moves to master to be good at the game. It's a basketball game, not a fighting game. Deliver a good game that is fun to play and plays a good game of basketball.

One thing that would be revolutionary that I would like to see is I like the first year of a franchise to mimic reality as much as possible, find a way to update (within our franchises) current injuries, trades, signing etc, but give the option to turn it off for the folks that don't want that.

Edit:
Forgot one thing that I would like to see more of, more off ball movement on offense without calling plays.

# 107 jimbo22 @ 11/26/14 11:17 PM
All i've got to ask.... are they working on patches rather than roster updates??

I mean the Orlando Magics Pride outfit is great and all that....

# 108 PlatanoGames @ 11/27/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceur
Honestly, Live 15 looks, plays and feels LAST GEN. If EA decided to charge $30 for this game then not many people, myself included, would probably care that much because it's somewhat a fun arcade-style NBA game. But to charge $60 for a beta/incomplete/rushed game is absurd.

EA needs to blow it up again and start from scratch with a completely new dev team. Also I appreciate these EA "Game changers" trying to hype this game and give the appearance that it's way better than the actual product, party due to them getting free advanced copies from EA, but let's start being objective and unbiased here. All of this "sugar-coating" is unnecessary and becoming pretty evident.
Wow I think you seriously need to adjust your TV settings. Sharpness should be completely off if you're playing something that outputs in HD. I say this because I feel NBA Live looks more current gen than most games including the other game which lacks a true gameplay engine and depends solely on collision based animations. If you asked me thats 2 Gens ago type of gameplay from the PS2 era. I wouldnt pay $30 dollars for the other game and will easily pay $80 for Live 15. At a glance it might seem like they lack modes and features but the modes they do have offer unlimited depth. NBA Rewind is unbelievable, and so is the number of challenges in Ultimate Team.

# 109 PlatanoGames @ 11/27/14 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22
All i've got to ask.... are they working on patches rather than roster updates??

I mean the Orlando Magics Pride outfit is great and all that....
In another thread it was confirmed that they are working on actual patches. Expect updates to continue to tweak the game and patches to change the frame and skeleton of the game

# 110 The 24th Letter @ 11/27/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Look how NHL 15 communicated what was coming...

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/nhl-15-game-notes

Month by month detailed in advance. I kept the game for this reason...as did many others...despite a disastrous launch.

Make it clear what Is coming. Don't leave people in the dark / people returning the game due to bugs.

Surely this is common sense.

Agreed.

I guess it's easier to say nothing when guys see a quick update screen when booting the game and instantly think "the game plays so much smoother now!"

Just tired of the guessing game.

# 111 PlatanoGames @ 11/27/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
List them out nick, doesn't matter if they've been listed already. I need to see a tally of what's most important to you guys right now.

Thanks again guys, keep it coming.
1. Fix Gameplay Recording issue on PS4, not sure if I'm the only one having this issue maybe I should delete and reinstall latest version but everytime I record and save my clip it reveals that it stopped recording way earlier. If I start recording at start of game and end clip at end of 1st quarter, for some reason it only records mid 1st quarter and on. In an entire game this results in over 60% of the matchup being lost to this glitch. It was working fine at first, like all my other EA games.

2. Highlights package, the game does a great job gathering the top replays to view individually but it'll be cool if in the menu after the post game show we can click on a highlight reel that makes a montage of about 2 minutes of replays with a generic non copyrighted beat playing over the video. Maybe when we click on it it asks us to select it to feature both teams or just one teams highlights.

3. Dramatic wins, if a game ends in dramatic fashion have the commentary team go over the final plays again and again before exiting to the post game show.

4. Big moments, buzzwr beaters or comeback, before rushing to score sheet have the game end and show the players celebrating or the top 3 plays of the quarter.

5. I really liked the passion options in Live 14, double tap X for bounce pass, hold L1 to lead the reciever when passing, can those be brought back

6. Ultimate Teams, maybe have an option to play as Ultimate teams you've defeated in tip off mode. For example, I just defeated the Pistons team with the legends Dumars, Laimbeer and Anderson. It'll be cool if when Im in tip off mode I can press a button and it brings up a list of all the teams Ive defeated and unlocked. Shooters, all rookie teams, etc.

7. Throwback all star jerseys from multiple eras, why not could be fun.

8. This will be incredible but hard to make possible, it will be lovely if we can get all the Big Moments from Live 14 in Live 15 with the proper rosters from last year when selecting the menu. I say this because last year featured a lot of great moments but I didnt get to play them all and they will be ten times funner to attempt with the incredible gameplay from this year. Just imagine someone clicking on Big Moments and it asking them 2013-2014 or 2014-2015, great depth and replay value.

9.speed options and speed threshold, I love the speed but some people would prefer it to be faster or there to be a bigger difference in fast and slow players.

10. Last years game featured actual voices from the coaches at halftime and post game shows, i loved them because the right one always loaded, if a team was down the coach would try to build their confidence and acknowledge they are losing, vice versa if they were winning or tied. This year implement them in game during timeouts. Make sure to get recent recordings from new coaches as well.

Next years game,

1. Deep create and edit options from sliders to create a team, create a league, to face scan for create players, create an arena, community downloads like madden

2. Full blown NBA Street mode that feels like its own game as deep as any NBA Street game before it. Have leagues and ladders to climb for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5, dynasty mode, and even an option for sim or arcade

3. Full blown NBA JAM mode as deep as on fire edition with dynasty mode as well

4. All Star Weekend

5. First Person View option, custom camera

6. LIVE challenge, similiar to the madden challenges of the ps1 era, earn ultimate team coins across any mode by repeating feats like 7 3pointers with one player, 100 percent shooting for a quarter, have 4 different levels with 100s of little challenges in each, keep track of first time accomplished and how many times accomplished total.

7. player tension meter, if 2 players keep fouling eachother in a rough manner, have the tension continue to rise and have a potential scuffle almost break out that result in a player getting thrown out

8. TNT overlay and graphics rights and commentary team. Alternate between Espn and TNT crews and presentation between games. This could be revolutionary and provide an authentic feel depending on which crew and style is presented for your next matchup.

9. Have an earlier today clip at start of game showing players in locker room for a pregame speech or arriving at arena with regular clothing, headphones and gear bag.

10. Jason Kidd and Michael Jordan in Ultimate team

11. Cutscene shots of the team owners or presidents in the crowd with their family lol.

12. Home team fans exiting stadium during the game if there team has no chance in coming back, with the commentary acknowledging.

13. INJURIES, capture about 100 different specific injury animations and after the player gets injured have his teamates and medical staff check on him, while the commentary team goes back to the replay to see what happened, and then again to show it one more time, cut back to player being walked to the side, have minor tweaks, sprains, cramps, shots to the eye or face, maybe a slight cut, a cut that needs to be taped up, and then even major injuries that could end a season

# 112 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/27/14 01:19 PM
I'm loving the game and it feels tighter and slower after the last update.

The only thing I ask is to have the play art appear sooner. On plays designed to get a shooter open it be nice to see the icon appear sooner to you can anticipate them coming off a curl or down screen

# 113 seanhazz1 @ 12/02/14 11:47 AM
1. A "Connected" Dynasty upgrade featuring full FIBA support.
A robust multiplayer online/offline Connected experience would draw a lot of fans back, who enjoyed the connected experience in Madden. this could include all player/team/manager and news storyline types seen in other EA games. Using the connected feature for online/offline play would make this a winner IMO. This would make LIVE a worldwide game instead of mostly US game. It could also include the FIBA championships/euroleague/olympic championships. Imagine as coach/owner/GM having access to international players or assigning (loaning) your draft prospects over seas for a few season??
3. Gameplay sliders
This would help alleviate some of the gameplay issues people are citing and is almost self explanatory
4. Game Editing/File sharing
This includes custom players, custom teams, custom logos, custom leagues (high school to college to pro), custom tournaments, custom accessories, custom arenas, custom playbooks, custom styles, custom sliders, community created draft classes, and custom camera angles.
5. College/FIBA/Classic teams
The settlement between EA and the NCAA lawsuit plaintiffs would allow EA to create a game with a generic roster generator for licensed NCAA (preventing future lawsuits) properties, keeping the logos and brand names, while increasing the number of players and teams to a FIFA-like number or higher. With the editing mentioned above, Synergy can be scaled back to only include NBA/FIBA styles, and the community roster editors would take care of the rest. This might require the game's name to change, to properly reflect the world's included teams.
6. Multi-language and/or league commentating and presentation presentation
Goes with the HS/NCAA/FIBA editing idea, as the last NCAA game handled the CBS/ESPN presentation as dynamic depending on the magnitude of the game. The multi language support is FIFA is good and should be carried into a worldwide game such as basketball.
7. All-Star Weekend mode in online/offline league modes, and also as a standalone mode.
8. "Be A Pro" online/offline Leagues
This includes full stat/progression tracking per player and team. Offline can go from High School to a fictitious NCAA tournament(community edited) to NBA tryout/draftee, or to being assigned overseas to play in a FIBA league. The game could also determine All-Star selectees to play in a league specific showcase. Starting from as a High School player, you could take your team to the title, get recruited to a college, skip college and play overseas for two years, etc. The league possibilities could be as realistic as you'd like or as fictitious as you like.
9. GameFace or some kind of facial scanning/facial photo file uploading feature (would allow created player face mapping for potential roster editors.)
10. Overhaul LUT to include FIBA teams, National teams, logos, and players as per other above mentioned additions.

# 114 CrackerJackJones @ 01/04/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
1. A "Connected" Dynasty upgrade featuring full FIBA support.
A robust multiplayer online/offline Connected experience would draw a lot of fans back, who enjoyed the connected experience in Madden. this could include all player/team/manager and news storyline types seen in other EA games. Using the connected feature for online/offline play would make this a winner IMO. This would make LIVE a worldwide game instead of mostly US game. It could also include the FIBA championships/euroleague/olympic championships. Imagine as coach/owner/GM having access to international players or assigning (loaning) your draft prospects over seas for a few season??
3. Gameplay sliders
This would help alleviate some of the gameplay issues people are citing and is almost self explanatory
4. Game Editing/File sharing
This includes custom players, custom teams, custom logos, custom leagues (high school to college to pro), custom tournaments, custom accessories, custom arenas, custom playbooks, custom styles, custom sliders, community created draft classes, and custom camera angles.
5. College/FIBA/Classic teams
The settlement between EA and the NCAA lawsuit plaintiffs would allow EA to create a game with a generic roster generator for licensed NCAA (preventing future lawsuits) properties, keeping the logos and brand names, while increasing the number of players and teams to a FIFA-like number or higher. With the editing mentioned above, Synergy can be scaled back to only include NBA/FIBA styles, and the community roster editors would take care of the rest. This might require the game's name to change, to properly reflect the world's included teams.
6. Multi-language and/or league commentating and presentation presentation
Goes with the HS/NCAA/FIBA editing idea, as the last NCAA game handled the CBS/ESPN presentation as dynamic depending on the magnitude of the game. The multi language support is FIFA is good and should be carried into a worldwide game such as basketball.
7. All-Star Weekend mode in online/offline league modes, and also as a standalone mode.
8. "Be A Pro" online/offline Leagues
This includes full stat/progression tracking per player and team. Offline can go from High School to a fictitious NCAA tournament(community edited) to NBA tryout/draftee, or to being assigned overseas to play in a FIBA league. The game could also determine All-Star selectees to play in a league specific showcase. Starting from as a High School player, you could take your team to the title, get recruited to a college, skip college and play overseas for two years, etc. The league possibilities could be as realistic as you'd like or as fictitious as you like.
9. GameFace or some kind of facial scanning/facial photo file uploading feature (would allow created player face mapping for potential roster editors.)
10. Overhaul LUT to include FIBA teams, National teams, logos, and players as per other above mentioned additions.
NBA live needs a street mode. Put Nba Street a game mode in nba live 16

# 115 rows24 @ 01/04/15 10:24 PM
I must say graphically the game is a masterpiece. I've played the other game for the past 4 years and I must say Ive given up. Yeah the other game (2k15) has mastered game play to a point but because I now they have mastered controls for every action thought about in basketball, the simple things frustrate me like rebounding. 2k is horrible in this aspect and this is the reason why I loose a lot of games. Also 2k's game pace is way to fast..the scores can get ourageous. Lives pace is spot on to the nba but needs the ability to change pace, but I guess that is specific to running teams I play with the knicks.

I have just played live 15 and haven't played in over 10 years. If they continue improving live will surpass 2k. Here is some input for improvement:

1- Fix some animations like the layups, they don't look natural and aggressive. Looks like the players is in the sitting position when he goes up with both legs at a 90 degree angle. Add more animations for post play.

2- SHOTSTICK, having this will allow for more variety of shots and altered shots/layups under the rim. This will produce runners, floaters, up and unders.. yes steal the idea form 2k because they don't own it.

3- Add more contact and contested shots under the rim to reduce the automatic layups by the CPU or more contact on defense to alter layups

4-Add a shot meter that moves to a perfect release point.

5-Fix the fast break, add more spacing and speed, usually when I player gets on a fastbreak 9 out of 10 he can break away for the easy layup.

6- Fix out of bounds no more force field.

7-Roster editng

8- Ability to use an injury free roster

9-Add more variation of shots that hit the rim, bouncing ball on the rim than in, spinning ball around the rim and in, soft touch shots etc... every jumpshot is not a swish with out hitting the rim

# 116 benefactor @ 01/04/15 10:31 PM
- Editing, editing, editing: We need to be able to manually edit rosters. We need to edit gameplay settings (aka sliders), editing player tendencies and skills as well. I'm happy enough to lose Synergy for this, since I'm not a fan of it.

- Control responsiveness. It's worse than Live 14. How does this happen? Last year the right stick controls were much more responsive, now suddenly the graphics have improved and the controls are sluggish again. In relation to this, the great work started with the ball physics seems to have taken a step back from 14 as well. Suddenly there is a lot more ball warping. Also...please do NOT add shooting to the right stick.

- Post up game. Need tonnes more animations and new controls to go with them. The hook shoots not only look poor but you rarely see them in the modern game. There's a weird winding arm layup that players animate into when under and ahead of the rim, this needs to go asap. The turnarounds also animate poorly, which is a surprise given previous gen Live games have looked good.

- Shots in the paint. Defensive pressure seems to have zero effect on whether a shot goes in. Same goes for height of a player. Get a 6 footer under the hoop and he can just put a layup in, seemingly unaffected by 3 7 footers in his face and jumping and waving their hands up.

- Rebounds. Made worse by the shots in the paint problem above because when the game simply refuses to acknowledge your pressing of the jump button and the CPU gets what seems to be a pre-determined offensive rebound, they never miss the put back. So the control is poor but your AI teammates also seem to abide by the pre-determining by refusing to jump or even run for loose balls if the game decides there needs to be an offensive rebound.

- Catching animations. Remove and change the galloping like a horse jump that players do when catching passes. It looks silly really. I understand wanting to keep momentum and not have players stop and start but surely there's a better way. This animation has been in the game for years somehow...

Regular animations for catching passes need to be sped up/improved too because you are not rewarded quite enough for getting players open only to have them jump or shuffle the catch while their defender recovers.

- Player speeds need fixing. Especially on fast breaks. If a slow 7 footer has 1/4 court head start on a quicker guard, he still should make a dunk before being caught and sucked into a collision animation. Big guys may be slow, but their steps are much longer. This is not seen in Live (or any bball game) and would make a difference.

- Last year it was the double pass bug, this year we have the random jump shot automatically put up if we press the jump step/gather button. I understand it lays up if you execute a euro step/drive with the double tap, but pressing the button once to jump and stop seems to randomly force a jumper that you have not actually pressed the shoot button for.

- Can we bring back touch passes? If we pass to a player and while the ball is still travelling to him, let us press pass and a direction again to have that player quickly touch it onto the next.

- Graphically the game is looking great but the jerseys are the low point. The textures need improving and so does the cloth/animation. It bubbles up too much around the chest area, making players look weird at times. The shorts move well but the jerseys do not.

May seem like a lot but in all honesty, all of these need attention and to be fixed/present for Live 16 if the series is to keep striving for relevance in the market again.

# 117 zrohman @ 01/05/15 01:21 PM
I'll post what I just posted in another thread just hoping devs can see it.
So I made a thread about getting back into Live and it's had it's up points.

You mentioned passing things onto EA. I would pass this post on:

The biggest thing I'm worried about is that all they are going to do is balance the gameplay. They released a game that they knew was inferior. So inferior they really admitted it the second it came out and offered free ultimate team points.

For them to just make more shots go in or slightly improve defense is not enough.

Here are the biggest flaws I've seen the past few games:

1: Rebounding animations are absolutely terrible. They are the worst. Everyone goes straight up.

2: Post animations look very terrible.

3: There is no mid range game. Unless you dribble past someone and get an open shot, no big guy can make a mid range shot. Guys who are fairly open constantly miss.

4: Since no mid range shots go in, it's either 3's or post game. 3's used to be all everyone did and now that they adgjusted gameplay people only play in the post.

5: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, are literally unstoppable in the post. Everyone is really unstoppable. On 2K there are several different ways to get in front of and stop players but one of the biggest problems is "unstoppable animations".

6: Late Game A.I. Enough said.

7: Synergy data is broken from what I read.

8: All tips go straight to the point guard.

9: The transparency that was there with Live 14 has been gone. I don't care that we aren't updated on operation sports, but we should at least hear a podcast update, youtube update, or something.

Just please. To be honest we already get way less roster updates, accessory updates and more than 2K. Yes. Live came out with a patch faster than 2K. So I understand not doing as much.

But please..... don't just come out with another gameplay tweak. Honestly if you have sliders at live headquarters I'm sure a few tweaks in those could satisfy us at least for now.

But please don't forget to address the big stuff. Don't wait until Live 16.

Also Live 15 was marketed terribly. If you go another year like this Live is definitely going to be gone. I like Live 15. I would absolutely love it if most of these things were patched.

Just please make big changes to the game this year.

I don't just want another update that really just adjusts sliders for gameplay. We can't ignore the huge problems.

# 118 blueduke @ 01/05/15 06:21 PM
1. ability to control all teams in dynasty mode

2. being able to start a dynasty with updated rosters. fact you can't do this is embarrassing.

# 119 Fat Tony @ 01/07/15 08:05 PM
Please get rid of the awful comeback ain't, and loose ball, steals, blocks and tip balls going straight to the cup problem. Very frustrating to play good defense , only to have the computer be rewarded with every single loose and tipped ball. Why do both basketball games suffer from this?

# 120 ifitbeginsitends @ 01/13/15 05:04 AM
I literally don't play rewind and the challenges because I can't change the camera angle. Let us change the camera angle. In all modes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.