Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

For those of you having issues getting "Green" releases in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER mode, Kspadetheprospect has posted some good news for you.

If this doesn't work for you or you have some other tips on getting "Green" releases in MyCAREER mode, please post them here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hotobu @ 11/22/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I hate the shot meter. My guy has 95 mid and three but for some reason it's way easier to get a green from mid. I'm releasing the same way. Also slightly late or earlier is still an A- shot for me but it misses a lot. Red releases go in for me just as much as yellow releases smh .
...no ****. You're closer, it should be easier.

# 42 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/22/14 04:41 PM
Ok so should it be night and day if the release is the same with the exact same rating ? No it shouldn't ...

You know a lot of NBA players in the game have higher three pointers than mid right ?

# 43 Coach2K @ 11/22/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Playing on real fg% Sstar sims shot meter to turn off.
Jr,smith and melo, was missing shots but in the 4th crunch time melo couldn't miss and Jr,smith hit 2 big three's to seal the game.
Try it out play's great to me.

There's no green on me!!!

There's no release timing required on real fg% setting. Playing online vs other league guys you don't have that option.

In any case, i got green releases with JR Smith within the first couple of shots. I've been playing with Pacers for over a month and haven't seen one with Donald Sloan who I'm pretty sure has the same mid range rating.

Same goes for most of my other guys.

Couldn't get perfect with Melo but everyone shot I took nearly was on the white line.

I'm sorry but shooting with NY isn't the best example.

IRL Pacers play better but I can barely break 70. Figure I could score a 100 with NY easy on HoF sim.

# 44 alabamarob @ 11/22/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I defend things that ive experienced and Im not experiencing problems getting a green release. So for you to call something broken because you cant do it while someone else can makes no sense.
I guarentee you never got one with korver. You can get an a minus that usually is a miss but not excellent. Its not even Debatable. 2k knows this. Anyone that says differently is just doing it for attention. I can def speak for korver. Beluba himself couldnt get an excellent with him.

# 45 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/22/14 05:14 PM
Question how do I know when to release a shot? At the top of his jumper?

# 46 Coach2K @ 11/22/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
I did a lot of testing with other player's on hof. Can't hit Green's myself I'm not nice with timing really bad at it.try to see if you could catch greens on default 50 slider's. do the online league play default sliders?

We play in play with friends and track all the stuff manually. Set it at HOF sim. Can't customize beyond that.

# 47 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/22/14 08:14 PM
All the generic releases aren't bad are they ?

# 48 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/22/14 11:01 PM
Just tried One of the generic releases at the rec and it would not turn green directly on the line. Such a shame cause I really like the release

# 49 alabamarob @ 11/22/14 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
I am going to test and see if I could hit green line with Korver on HoF/Default. If so, then it's the sliders. IDK why the sliders are at 45 and 47. 50 is the player's true rating, is it not? Putting a slider at 45 is just making Korver's shot worse. It should be at 50, the absolute value.
Thabo and bazemore can get perfect releases on hof sim so the sliders arent the issue otherwise no one would be able to hit.

# 50 DaWarrior @ 11/22/14 11:54 PM
only a 2k fanboy apologist would say they can get a STANDING mid/3 with korver on HOF Sim.

There are over 180 players in the doc i posted - only a few of those have been accidentally fixed. and if you can do it please please show me. the only way is if you edit the player as we did (roster file 'SGA Fix1')

Is it really so hard to believe they screwed up and have a bug? just add it to the list. The least they could acknowledge it and say they are trying to fix it.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/247255539/2k15-brokenshots

# 51 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/23/14 12:10 AM
That's a huge list wow

# 52 Coach2K @ 11/23/14 12:14 AM
Quote:
That's a huge list wow
I don't think all the Pacers that can't get green releases are even on there.

# 53 Coach2K @ 11/23/14 02:46 AM
Quote:
Listen to this man he tells the truth.I'm not a huge fan of hof & timing but it's not the level are slider's.I caught green with Knicks larkin.

Don't let this stop you from having fun.

hope for a patch or changed SIG shots specially Kyle kover.

When I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Yeah Larkin is so easy to shoot with its actually embarrassing lol.

# 54 13CB55 @ 11/23/14 06:47 AM
Quote:
All the generic releases aren't bad are they ?
no. there a some really great shots.
i tried plenty and 22, 51, 54, 85, 97 are some of my favs.

still toying with all of them from time to time. cause they all have different pros an cons.

51 its kinda tough for 3s tho, cause it does some kind of step in before you shot (many shots do actually, thats why hitting 3s with Parkers, Aldridges, Roses, ... , Jumper is kinda hard too) but otherwise this shot ist money. easy tell when to release it.

right know im mainly using 54. easy tell and its a nice motion.

---

tried yesterday to hit green with korver. after about 100 jumpers i gave up. damn 2k.

# 55 DaWarrior @ 11/25/14 09:45 PM
anyone know or believe the HOF shot issue will be resolved on this upcoming patch?

# 56 zxcgngh @ 11/26/14 08:36 AM
there are ~180 players with broke shots when playing on HOF simulation setting. been reported to 2k long time ago but dont expect anything to be done about it.

# 57 NvME @ 11/28/14 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePitchers
You could just change it to Real Player%. Just saying.
Doesn't solve the issue.
Real Player FG % is tied to timing this year unlike last years installment.

# 58 BearClaw @ 11/28/14 08:50 AM
Whoever thought that changing the shooting mechanics was a good idea should be out of a job.

# 59 Nevertheles109 @ 11/28/14 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I guarentee you never got one with korver. You can get an a minus that usually is a miss but not excellent. Its not even Debatable. 2k knows this. Anyone that says differently is just doing it for attention. I can def speak for korver. Beluba himself couldnt get an excellent with him.
Well, I've been hearing this around the forums since this game released! Finally, during thanksgiving I had some time to experiment with Kyle Korver in freestyle on HOF & Superstar/SIM. Tried Superstar first and within 10 attempts I got a green release on a three point attempt. I am VERY good at timing the shot meter and it's always been a knack of mine (Not just this year). I may get 10-15 perfect releases/game.

Turned it up to HOF/SIM and splash city. At one point I got into a rhythm and out of five three point attempts, three were perfect but all were wet. Which brings me to my final point, Just because you can't do something WELL does not mean it is BROKEN!

I know some won't believe me but I have a life. I get no kicks on coming on a internet forum giving false information. Nevertheless, the shot meter is not broken as far as I can tell. Kyle Korver is not a good example, that's for sure.

Maybe that's why 2K hasn't said much about it?
Can anyone else give me a name of a confirmed "broken" shot release player?

P.S. Thanks for giving motivation to try Kyle Korver; I'll be looking to pick him up in my season. Talk about spreading the floor...SHOOTER ALERT!

# 60 Nevertheles109 @ 11/28/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Whoever thought that changing the shooting mechanics was a good idea should be out of a job.
Damn, all over the shot meter, man

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.